It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough talk! Time for action!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When do we stop talking and start doing? I hear many talk about how were being screwed but nobody is talking about how to stop it. Well why not start talking about how we can get the attention of the people we’ve elected to represent us and the people of the United States. Why not start some kind of peaceful movement to get their attention.

Today we are all being thrown into debt against our will. We have the greediest bunch of people running this country history has ever seen. We sit back while our money is being squandered and nobody is talking about how to stop it. Right now at this moment in time we have the power to change this. If we don’t use this power now were going to lose it perhaps forever. More and more I’m hearing that “this won’t happen in my lifetime”. Well guess what, ‘It’s happening NOW” In your lifetime.

I propose a nationwide STRIKE against the Industrial complex that is manipulating OUR Government. I say we pick a day to stay home and do something like write your congressman, or hold a demonstration against this outrage. At least this would be something. Do you have any Ideas?

People we need to start this action now before we’re unable to organize in the future. We’re being enslaved and we need to stop talking about this and start planning some kind of resistance to this tyranny.
Please help me spread the word. Let’s begin some kind of grass roots action RIGHT NOW at this website.

I live in the Portland Oregon area and would be willing to help coordinate things here but I need all of you to help. Lets burn up the internet with calls for action now and in other country’s to let ‘Those greedy Bankers’ know, that they will no longer be able to control our future.

There is a price for apathy. And that price will be paid by our children and their future. Please help me get this going.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Uncle Sam wouldn't want you to, But if your truely dedicated start your own local club and begin by making large banners and post them around a intelligent, willing population. DO THIS IN A PEACEFULL MANNER. Launch a Information website (server location outside the U.S) and in a peaceful manner inform the people of the truth. the truth that the system established is slowly but surely failing it's people. And that the governing forces are beginning to run out of control without the will of the people.

If your truely dedicated i suggest that you do it SOON before ANTI-Domestic Terrorism is the "new" "hip-thing" to do. (domestic terrorism has always been around...). If there's truth to your word, people will join your cause. IF Not then there will be an ATF raid on your house, this site will be closed down during investigation, and you'll let us all down.

if your going to do it, do it peacefully

no i'm not a commy or a far left activist. just a citizen with an opinion on the matter.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

the only thing is that if you want to get these leaders out it isn't going to happen peacefuly. they are in charge of the military and they won't leave with out a fight.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsurion

Please note before anyone gets the wrong Idea here:
My original suggestion was for a Peaceful movement against this industrial complex.
And Obsurion I am starting my own movement right here on the internet. I've made enough signs and had enough talk but thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mek12
When do we stop talking and start doing? I hear many talk about how were being screwed but nobody is talking about how to stop it.

Work hard, make money, work within the system to change it. I'm not into revolution or assassination.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

I think your wrong! I will not entertain even the remotest possibility of violence on this thread. This is a peaceful effort. I need peaceful Ideas and willing souls.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

i'm not into assassination either it is just that these people won't go down without a fight

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

alright you don't need to get angry i understand that every one has different opinions and i was stating mine

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

Thanks for the first peaceful, although somewhat naive Idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

why did you just quote yourself like that? was it a mistake or is there someone else on now or something? ( i'm not trying to be mean here)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mek12I am starting my own movement right here on the internet. I've made enough signs and had enough talk but thanks anyway.

Than you deserve all of the kicking around that you get from the government.

Lets look at a summary of your first 2 posts:

mek12: ENOUGH TALK!!!! LETS TAKE ACTION!!!!! DOWN WITH EVIL CORPORATIONS!!!!! DOWN WITH LAZY PEOPLE!!!!! STRIKE STRIKE!!!! EVIL.....TYRANNY....DIE DIE DIE!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Obsurion: Chillllll man. Calm down, be careful & don't hurt anyone.

mek12: ok nvm. I'll just sit here on my chair and type on the internet. Yeah, hell yeah, thats how you fight The Man, from an desk chair. Oh they don't know what they're in for ... I may get carpal tunnel...but I'm tearing this mutha' down!!!

FYI- Changing the world may likely require you to get off your butt. Good luck though....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it's true, the monster won't be sent to its knee's without a firm movement.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

Just a mistake..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I know I’m grasping at straws here, and I’m under no illusions that this thread is going to change anything. I just have a level of frustration within me more directed towards our apathy than anything else I suppose…..

The ease at which this group of Bankers took over our country is amazing. However I believe that if we all worked together and as one people then we can change this. I’m just looking for ideas.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

well you already know my idea and you turned it down so fast so what do you want? do you have any of your own ideas?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I also wanna state that fixing would probably be better than replacing. The original idea was good, but to much is left open for interpretation. Change is good.
I have a problem with people who want to jump ship instead of working hard to change the problems.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mek12

What are we waiting for?

What are YOU waiting for?

Another protester yelling at all his fellow comrades to throw the stone while his is in his hand.

It's proven that revolutions are kinetic, my friend. They don't happen on command, but by example Look at all the great modern revolutions and tell me if they went about through persuasion or direct action. I can tell you Che Guevara wasn't talking about it, but living it. You have to lead for others to follow.

And whoever said a true revolution will come by peaceful means only is joking themselves. This issue, as with ALL other issues is not a black and white one. For a "revolution" to come it would take peace, action, and the protection of both from both parties.

"Fighting a popular war is an art form."

You all think "rising up" sounds so easy, but you have no idea... You really don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
yes why don't you stand up for what you believe in? i know when i get the chance i will but i can't at this moment in my life because i am in school and parents "control" my life. but as soon as i'm out i am going to do everything in my power to get these people out.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Amen mek12!!!!!! It's time for a change...And change won't happen unless we (the people) do something. To quote Thomas Jefferson "Every generation needs a revolution." The time is now! We're already on our way to being a fascist state. Does anyone really want that? Would you rather think for yourselves or have our evil goverment think for you. People, think about your future.....think about your children's future. Grow some pelotas and do what you feel is right. The days we live in our tuff and its only going to get tuffer. I suggest investing in gold, guns and ammo. good post mek12

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mek12

Hi Mek12, Your original post was good. Your call for a strike may be effective, and if you don't get dissuaded by obfuscation and confusion, intentional or otherwise, it may even help wake people up in the US. Here is what is against you:

1. The current division and conquering of the American people is working and will require some kind of organized effort to stop. If you speak out against the administration, even good people are conditioned to be agressive in their approach to you.

2. Main stream media is not interested in getting your message out. I don't believe you can use it as a channel to disseminate serious, protest-related information without a major distortion filter that will cast a "whacko" field on your message. If your message could withstand that, then maybe you can use it anyways.

3. IMO, sites like this have many trolls that seem to have no other job than to ensure that any clear, conscientious dialog that may result in organized, effective protest moves to the land of confusion. Are they truly random/misinformed/bitter/pro-administration, or are they effective because that IS their job?

4. People who have figured out what this administration is doing to our country are either preparing for the worst and too cynical to think their efforts will amount to anything, believing that their vote for Ron Paul, the neocon appointed, overpromising "i will fix everything" no-details candidate will solve things, or afraid to join any effort because they believe that any unsuccessful attempt will put them on a "list", and remember, they've figured out what the administration is willing to do to hold on to power.

Don't let thread trolls or detractors get to you. That's the least of your obstacles. You have a good idea and, it seems, the energy to do something. Don't rush, and don't give up easily. If you are able to organize something across the country, you could make a difference.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join