It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This came up at school today in last class. I thought about saying something then... I didn't. Another young woman in a head scarf did though. I felt it was "not my place" to comment but after her tirade I don't feel quite so "PC" about it after some reflection. I suspect this young lady is in for a difficult time for speaking her mind. I don't expect anyone who isn't currently in an urban high school to understand what she might face - adults don't often understand the whole "being stalked" by your cohort. It is not "fun".

54 year old woman in a cell with 20 others... that can't be good even for a couple of weeks. I hope she fares better than Z Kazemi.

The young woman I mentioned finished with, "What's next? Vermont Teddy Bears (my fav) named Mo' shipped to the third world?" No one said anything - DEAD SILENCE. Our instructor actually thanked her for disturbing the class. I didn't appreciate the educative value in either action of volition.

I'll cool down after a good run. I think shipping Teddies in a "hot" teddy to the guy with the difficult name who is President of Iran or whatever passes for government in the Sudan might be just about right. Forgive me I'm a little bit PO'd.

In the interest of balance the teacher in custody might have read the odd book on cross-cultural caring and local customs... and figured out the significance of that name before she allowed her charges to trespass as she is now trespassed against.

Darn glad I was raised to choose my own spiritual beliefs... which currently lean to "screw religion and their sales agents" - at least this week.

How many teddies will fit in a Hercules?

Mira

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If we factor those into the equation we might get to 1%. A multiple of 50/1. Does that work for you?

If everything was taken into account it would be significantly higher than 1% imo intrepid.

Though what I would feel safer in saying is seeing there are so many variables and unknown variables to put an accurate % of the population who would want this Lady killed lashed or jailed,I wouldn`t even attempt to guess and state as you did in the post I replied to.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

If we factor those into the equation we might get to 1%. A multiple of 50/1. Does that work for you?

If everything was taken into account it would be significantly higher than 1% imo intrepid.

Though what I would feel safer in saying is seeing there are so many variables and unknown variables to put an accurate % of the population who would want this Lady killed lashed or jailed,I wouldn`t even attempt to guess and state as you did in the post I replied to.

Huh? 50 people that couldn't attend to every one that did isn't sufficient? Make up up up the stats you feel comfortable with then. I just went with the stats that were true.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli

Never trusted statistics...most I think that come out with figures have their own agendas..

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

50 people that couldn't attend to every one that did isn't sufficient?

bold mine.

So as thats written all 50 would have been there if they could in your opinion but couldn`t,I know you didn`t mean like that and is what I`m trying to say but obviously failing in, is that its impossible to know.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

by Mira...
How many teddies will fit in a Hercules?

Muhuhuhahahamad... That's classic! As in C-130 Hercules? An air drop of 3 million teddy bears all named Muhuhuhuhamad over the Sudan (and Iran, et al).

What a brilliant idea! Somebody ring up the BeaanieBaby folks and see what a campaign like this might run. Hit them back with their own absurdity! Count me in...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Anyone notice a delayed reaction to this? The Mullah's gave the marching orders after Friday prayers. The Mullah's are the ones who are inciting violent behavior.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is why I do not "help the poor"

1. they are not really poor, it costs very little to live in Africa, compared to UK and US.

2. As soon as you are 'not nice' or handing out food, they will turn on you and eat you alive.

# em. Nuke em till they glow.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty angry TBH that the real issue behind this is marred and scarred by the current media push of "Islam", "Terrorism", and "Iran".

Sudan is a dark, rank blemish on the backside of humanity in it's current iteration - the human rights violations occuring here should have attracted much, much more attention than it has done up to now.

How could it all be so wrong? What has the world been doing for the last 4 years? Ah yes, destablizing Iraq, for no apparant reason, while the genocide in Darfur just milled over in the background. Now we are in the situation where due to our inaction, there is a problem, I just hope this poor woman does not suffer from this.

I am completely lost for words when I pause to think about Sudan / Darfur / Janjaweed... I feel embaressed to be human.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

i am on a muslim forum aswell
and thats 31k+ people that disagree with whats happening

i wasnt going to reply to this topic because of the retarded comments by a certain few calling for the mass murder of thosends/millions of muslims wont mention who they are.

the Mob could be doing something much better then that which is protestng against Dafur where thousends muslims are being murderd by their goverment and millions displaced.

This woman isnt even muslim and the pricks are trying to impose islamic law on her.
its even been written not to harm those that have done no harm or to force others into our faith system or laws.

and for the record Muslims are required to respect the laws of their Land
dispite which country you are in.

anyhow just wanted to post one reply on here from a muslim prospective and to show that almost all us of dont agree with this retarded inccident,

[edit on 30-11-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i am on a muslim forum aswell
and thats 31k+ people that disagree with whats happening

i wasnt going to reply to this topic because of the retarded comments by a certain few calling for the mass murder of thosends/millions of muslims wont mention who they are.

If the world heard and saw Muslims standing up against these types of stories instead of seeing and hearing the extremists calling for blood,you wouldn`t have to hear and read so many retarded comments.

Where are the media photo`s showing protests of disagreement to Islamic extremists and they must be out there somewhere if your saying the majority of muslims are against them based on the 31k+ on a forum or are the worlds majority of muslims afraid to have a public voice on such matters in Islamic states in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think we shoud, as in members of ATS, look at the idea of getting teddy bears and naming them Muhammed. If a Teddy Bear Movement could get started and we show our support, maybe it will bring some light to show just how insane this woman's trial is.

We have Myspace, Youtube, and other means of creating a viral Teddy Bear Movement campaign of epic proportions around the world! Pics and videos of Mohammed Teddy Bears around the earth showing support.

I'm serious about this. Its not difficult or expensive.

How say you ATS?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Mom let me have the credit card so my "Mo-Bear" is on order... I got one for my friend Flicka too. You can custom them out with tatts and clothes and have things "written" on the palms and soles at least at Vermont Teddies. Made in America, hopefully by legal Americans. Mine will have green eyes. I can't bare the thought of a naked bear... barely. They don't list "teddies" as a clothing option but they do have negligee, not Fredrick's though.

One of my friends in Air Cadets said a Hercules would be "good" but a bear dropped from a Russian "Bear" would be less likely to be shot at than a Herc - I have no idea why. If we could get McMahon and Ditka of "Da-Bears" that might not be all bad news...

I'm not usually given to such things. I feel very mischevious... Mom said I should have been around for bra-burning... I think not; 38 double D's need a home with support.

Mira!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ummm, are you SNIP kidding me?!

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 1-12-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Pele Pele

It will be funny if someone actually shoots the woman.

I really hope that this comment was in jest. If not it just points to a very sad state of affairs.

Reply to greeneyedleo:

Come on! The story is so obviously FALSE! Islam is a religion of PEACE! They would NEVER EVER do what this article claims!!

Have you ever read the Q'uran? Despite what they say to the uninformed (infidel/nonbeliever), Islam is geared towards violence to achieve its goals. Make no mistake, they want a total Islamic world and nothing less. Though I suspect that your comment was only one of sarcasm.

This is just one more event in a list of events over a period of many years of their intolerance. Give me a brake, she didn't even name the bear, her students did!!!!

Were was the offense, with the Muslim that even put forth the suggestion that she had done any wrong but you don't hear the non-Muslim calling for their blood in offense.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Pele Pele
It will be funny if someone actually shoots the woman.

What an ignorant and stupid thing to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Im sorry....my bad...I was being really sarcastic...I should have followed that up with a :@@
r J/K

[edit on 30-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Come on! The story is so obviously FALSE! Islam is a religion of PEACE! They would NEVER EVER do what this article claims!!

Didn't you realize its a false flag operation by the Sudan government? LOL,

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I'll vouch for Islam on this one. It just so happens I've met a couple of Muslims and they were some of the kindest and most understanding people I've ever met.

Don't most neighbors say this when the serial killer next door gets caught? LOL
Seriously, did you really expect them to spit in your face and tell you directly that they want to destroy the West.

Of course its not all mooslims that are deranged but since there are so many of them, even a small percentage of extremists equals multiple millions of lunatics.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If muslims are not into forcing their religion on others then why does it say in the K' Ron to kill the ones that don't convert? Maybe I'm not understanding what I have read.

What I see hear is another example of a muslim country trying to pick a fight with the west. Iran has been pushing buttons for years now and now we see another poke. There are using this teacher to assert their "authority". It is dispicable. What are they trying to prove? That they can take a peacefull person who came to help and do with her as they please. It is a bully mentallity. A, "You can't tell me what to do!" mentallity.
I can't stand bullies.

I don't know squat about British politics so maybe someone could explaine to me why the British government is not fighting tooth and nail to have this women returned. There is a real chance that she will not make it out of a muslim jail alive. If I was a president and this was one of my people, I would have already task someone with coming up with a plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join