It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution passes at lawyers convention

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What color is the sky on your planet?
Bush and Cheney will never be impeached on Earth.
Stop smoking and inhaling.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As a Native American I can honestly say "America you got everything that happens to you coming." Your government waves this flag of Freedom and Democracy to the world, only the rest of the world sees that it's attached to the end of a GUN. I hear this crap all the time about how Saddam was this brutal dictator and killed 100's of thousands of people and that might be true, but never mind it was your ignorant government that put his sick butt in power and sold him the chemical weapons. Or how your government put the Shaw of Iran in power, let him commit his atrocities and then gave him asylum in America when he was overthrown. And Americans wonder why Arabs hate them. For a country who is responsible for committing genocide on over 20 million Native Americans and who knows how many African Americans your sure quick to judge others. It sickens me to hear that we give billions of dollars to foreign countries to help aid there people, yet this country won't make sure that most Native Americans has clean water, good soil. and the basic amenities. How do you expect others of different ideoligies to except America when history has show America has no respect about others who don't subscribe to your Christian way of life.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Kanati]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kanati

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Freedom and Democracy have become catch phrases for most americans, and they seem to have forgotten what they actually mean.

Delivering Freedom, in todays terms, would mean dropping a load of munitions on a country, destroying their government, and letting all hell break lose.

Democracy has pretty much become; you can vote for who you want, but your selection is of two people who will do what we tell them anyways... anything else is "un-american" "communist" or whatever the current bash phrase is.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kanati

If we could still vote way above, you'd have gotten my vote for the month. But, I starred you anyway.

BTW, I have Native blood in me too.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We can impeach a president for having sex with a woman and lying about it, but we don’t impeach a president for screwing his own people and smiling about it?

What has happened to this once great country?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One speaks of Democracy... Democracy, the greatest illusion of our century, and the past. Money and lobbyists, the only governing force in any form of government... Sadly the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
So your telling me.....if you had the opportunity to save the life of 1,000 by torturing 1 terrorist, who showed up at an event with a case carrying explosives and 1 was missing......YOU WOULD NOT???? I am not thinking like a terrorist. A terrorist does things solely to kill...and to create fear. Thats what they do. I am not going around blowing up cafe's or flying planes into buildings, I leave that to terrorists. What I do condone is waterboarding that person found with the bomb to save the life of others. I condone beating him to within an inch of his life if it saves the lives of others. Call me what you will, names don't hurt me. I am not recommending killing anyone for the sole purpose of extinguishing a life because they do not believe as I do OR trying to create fear.

You have watched far too many episodes of '24.' People always try to justify torture with a ticking time bomb scenario. Guess what? This is real life and not some stupid Jack Bauer wet dream. There is never absolute certainty that a person has a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. And the VAST majority of the time torture yeilds false confessions because innocent people will say whatever it takes to stop the pain.

Do you think that we should torture thousands of innocents in the hope of catching one terrorist? How many terrorists would you create in the process?

The definition of terror suspect most certainly includes you no matter how much you tow the party line, no matter how much unquestioning loyalty you show. Have you been paying any attention at all? The Military Commissions act gives the president the authority to suspend the bill of rights and declare any American citizen an enemy combatant. The House recently passed a thought crime prevention bill. When was the last time you even heard the phrase "thought crime?" For most people it was when they last read a George Orwell novel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that you are an American. Have you ever read the Constitution? Do you know anything at all about American history? I'm sorry but it seems like you are ignorant of why America was founded in the first place.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania (1759)

Someone with such little respect for their own freedom does not deserve to be a citizen of this great country.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Trouble is that history has proven over and over again that turning the other cheek, taking the high road, etc. accomplishes exactly squat when you are dealing with what are basically barbarians. Especially those that are happy to die for their cause and the more the merrier as far as how many infidels they take along with them.

[edit on 11/29/2007 by centurion1211]

Ya know, I agree Centurion, 100%

Take for example John Lennon, famous for give peace a chance attitude. What did it get him? SHOT IN THE BACK!!!!!! In our world you have to know what your enemies are doing, and do what ever it takes to get that information. I don't hide behind religion or education in times of war. Its about survival and its kill or be killed. What would you rather happen....KILL or BE KILLED???? Just wish others on the board would realize that during times of war.....rules go out the window (or you die trying not to break the rules).

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsikid007

Perjury is against the law. He broke the law. Only Bush is held accountable???

Again with these damn liberals and their way of thinking.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Just wish others on the board would realize that during times of war.....rules go out the window (or you die trying not to break the rules).

If that were true we would find ourselves neverendingly at war.

Politicians would start wars for the sole purpose of obtaining unchecked power.

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." -- James Madison, Federalist no. 51.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Rahul Buttar]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rahul Buttar

First off...you know nothing about me so stop making ignorant assumptions. I was there on 9-11. I lost friends and colleagues, so sorry if I take the idea of terrorism a little more SERIOUS than most. I never want to see or hear of it again on OUR soil. So ya know what???? I would rather not know what is going on behind the scenes to protect us. Keep it quiet, do whats necessary. I don't want to lose any more friends and colleagues.

Don't even watch "24". I used that scenario to describe when i thought it would be necessary and ACCEPTABLE to use torture. Did I ever condone torture of innocents to find 1 terrorists?? Hell no. I condoned it on 1 person, in the example I gave. Don't you dare go switching my words and using them against me.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'm not usually posting on political threads, my expertise is in aviation. AND, I admit I have not read thru all the pages of THIS thread, so if I am repeating anything, my apologies.

The title attracted me, first. That said, I am wondering if anyone today (29 November) heard about a DHS directive to firefighters in NYC to look for anything that would indicate that the residents of a building they enter are "AntiAmerican' or even 'dissatisfied' with America in any way? Does this disturb anyone besides me?

Last I remember, there is this 'piece of paper', as George W. Bush once called it....the CONSTITUTION. Did we, have we, forgotten that it is the People's Republic? (Ooops....see, that sounds too much like a Red Chinese phrase, but that is precisely WHY the Chinese use that phrase...it sounds good, but is meaningless because it is not the truth).

However, We the People...that's our phrase, and we should take it back. We own it, it is ours.

Peace...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I cannot see this ever going through in under 1 year. The American Justice System is slow as a slug.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

First off...you know nothing about me so stop making ignorant assumptions. I was there on 9-11. I lost friends and colleagues, so sorry if I take the idea of terrorism a little more SERIOUS than most. I never want to see or hear of it again on OUR soil.

9/11 was a horrible tragedy. It was a sad day for many people in this country including myself. But your personal vendetta does not excuse your cowardly willingness to give up your rights so that the Fuhrer can keep you safe.

So ya know what???? I would rather not know what is going on behind the scenes to protect us. Keep it quiet, do whats necessary.

And what if American citizens are tortured? What if Americans are imprisoned indefinately and denied their rights? Do you honestly think that the government should do whatever it takes?

I swear, if the founding fathers were around today people like you would call them terrorist sympathizers and "islamofacist" appeasers. You've become so brainwashed into being a "good German" that you've forgotten what the word facist even means.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rahul Buttar

230+ years ago some courageous folks decided it was time to stop being oppressed, thought that people have rights, not institutions. Or the Crown.

Our Constitution is only valid when we remember what it is and what it stands for. It is OURS. Bush was once a private citizen, so was Cheney before he became a CyBorg...Seriously, though, they are 'elected' individuals, not Kings or Princes. While in office, they are (correctly) protected from undue harm, but they are NEVER above the law. NEVER!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
People who say it would hurt the country to go through an impeachmet process are failing to see that justice is critical toward any free society.
For too long we have seen political criminals get away with things that ordinary citizens are held accountable for all the time.
Justice in the sight of the people is most important. It is cleansing and refreshing and it gives people a sense of being able to trust again.
This country needs a good eneima and that enima should start with impeaching Bush and company along with all the two faced, double crossing representaticves and senators in our midst.
Any congressman or senator who has voted for anything contray to the the constitution should be imprisoned and all their estate should be liquidated and turned over to the general fund. Vote for Ron Paul ig you really want to change this country. He's the only candidate you can trust.
cantyousee

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

cantyousee...

Ron Paul is an interesting fellow. But many other candidates are interesting too. I feel, no matter my political leanings, that it is inappropriate to advocate a particular Candidate in the ATS forum.

We were discussing an issue, a Constitutional crisis, if you will, regarding currently 'elected' officials. They are fair game (don't tell Cheney, if he has a shotgun...) Sorry, couldn't resist that one...

Anyway, I, for one, appreciate your sentiment re: Dr. Paul, but he is no better/no worse than any other candidate, and that has to be the stance on this forum.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Just wish others on the board would realize that during times of war.....rules go out the window (or you die trying not to break the rules).

Wrong! That is when we need "the rules" the most or we are no better than the "barbarians" at the gate!

BTW, One grows weary of your assertion that you somehow have a corner on the suffering imposed upon us by the events of 9/11, because you were there.

Ask yourself this, how would you feel about your "fearless leaders" if it came out that they had a hand in allowing 9/11 to take place?

Originally posted by Rahul Buttar
If that were true we would find ourselves neverendingly at war.
Politicians would start wars for the sole purpose of obtaining unchecked power.

Good points, Rahul Buttar

But are we not there already?

Who profited the most from Vietnam?

Who's profiting the most from the neverending "War On Drugs?"

Ask yourself, and, more to the point, who's profiting the most from this phoney, to be neverending, "War On Terror?"

The times in which we live, and the events now unfolding, have been been in the works since before the founding of the Federal Reserve in 1914 by the Global Elite.

Anyone who doubts what is taking place now is not part of their plans for us all deserves the chains they have placed upon themselves, and their fellow man, by falling for their deceits.

Bush/Cheney are lapdogs of the Global Elite.

They do their bidding without question or conscience, eagerly lapping at the blood, our blood and the blood of the innocents, dripping from the greedy cruel twisted uncaring fingers of these self-appointed masters of all humanity.

Anyone who makes apologies for them or defends their methods, is an unwitting dupe, and the Elite laugh, at you, at us all, as they grind us under their heal, and yoke us to the wheel of their grand design.

The Secret Government

The US Federal Reserve System

Behind the Drums of War with Iran: Nuclear Weapons or Compound Interest?

About This Axis Of Evil Thing

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
An Unimpeachable Source?

National Lawyers Guild

The National Lawyers Guild is dedicated to the need for basic and progressive change in the structure of our political and economic system. Through its members--lawyers, law students, jailhouse lawyers and legal workers united in chapters and committees--the Guild works locally, nationally and internationally as an effective political and social force in the service of the people.

In other words, the NLG is a left-wing political group composed of lawyers and legal workers "dedicated to the need for basic and progressive change".

In light of their own self-description, I wouldn't look to the NLG for objective legal opinions.

That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of good reasons for impeachment, but it's very difficult for me to get excited when an organization like this votes "unanimously and enthusiastically for the impeachment of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney".

PRESS RELEASE: NATIONAL LAWYERS GUILD VOTES FOR IMPEACHMENT OF PRESIDENT BUSH AND VICE PRESIDENT CHENEY

I'm sure A.N.S.W.E.R. or MoveOn.org would be happy to do the same, if they haven't already (I may have missed it).

Hardly an earthshaking development, nor all that new, since the vote took place over three weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Majic, is being left-wing a bad thing? Is being right-wing a bad thing?

Is the NLG, in your opinion, a bad thing?

Maybe it would enlighten the discourse if we focused on the Constitution, and how its dissolution (or dilution) will affect citizens of our country....

I'm serious here, the foundation of the United States is under attack, in my opinion. A hard-fought Revolution was mounted in the 18th century. This nation belongs to its people, after all...not to a priveleged few in the oligarchy.

Have we slipped backwards?

Just wondering....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join