It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution passes at lawyers convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution
passes at lawyers convention

mwcnews.net

The resolution lists more than a dozen high crimes and misdemeanors of the Bush and Cheney administration and "calls upon the U.S. House of Representatives to immediately initiate impeachment proceedings, to investigate the charges, and if the investigation supports the charges, to vote to impeach George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney as provided in the Constitution of the United States of America."
(visit the link for the full news article)

nlg.org...

[edit on 28-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Seems like Dennis Kucinich isn't the only one who's out for impeachment; now this powerful lawyers group is after these criminals citing torture as one of the reasons.

The article also mentions a couple of books on the subject, using, "spying on Americans without a warrant" and a slew of other reasons why they need to go.

The resolution also calls on all other state and national bar associations, state and local government bodies, community organizations, labor unions, and all other citizen associations to adopt similar resolutions and to use all their resources to build the campaign.

There's also an email address to write to "coordinate" between state, local and fed levels to impeach.

mwcnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Doesn't it feel kind of pointless at this stage? I mean, by the time any of these proceedings go through (if at all), won't they already be out of office anyways?

I can understand if these people are trying to convict the people of this administration of the crimes they have committed, but the impeachment process seems to be too little, too late at this stage of the game.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No way, I gotta disagree, these criminals never quit doing 'awful' things and this is all the more fire to get them to calm down and not attack any more nations and hopefully focus on alleviating the $9 trillion deficit.

Running debt clock:
zfacts.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Bush and Cheney are trillionaires, there is nothing you can do.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Oh, I agree that they should be held accountable for their crimes. I just think that people are getting their hopes up for an impeachment, but I fail to see what it will accomplish for the American people. It really seems like it will just be an official "F# You" from the people, on their way out the door. In the end, they will still have done their full 8 years of damage and we will get a newly elected official to go through it all again with. God forbid it ends up being Hillary or Rudy, then I fear it will be such a seamless transition that it will be barely noticable that we even have a new administration.

As far as legally going after BushCo, won't it take an international court to take any legal action against them? Didn't Bush already pass some laws making them essentially immune to any legal reprimand?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

...as per your second paragraph, not exactly, here's the (5 pg.) pdf from the lawyers. Some (of the crimes) are 'international' in scope, others, seemingly U.S. violations in origin.

nlg.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Doesn't it feel kind of pointless at this stage? I mean, by the time any of these proceedings go through (if at all), won't they already be out of office anyways?

I've heard the same argument on these forums for almost 2 years. Maybe it was already too late then and way too late now, but if we just sit back and allow our rights to be trampled on and do nothing about it, this whole generation will be remembered for doing sweet * all to protect the rights of our children. It's already gone way too far and we and should be hanging our heads in shame.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

4. killed over 3700 American soldiers and severely wounded nearly 30,000

LBJ anyone

5. committed further crimes against peace by threatening Iran in violation of the UN Charter, as

www.cnn.com...

6. detained thousands of prisoners without charges and without providing the ability to confront

Terrorist do not fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention

7. condoned the torture of prisoners in violation of the Geneva Conventions, the US anti-torture

sayanythingblog.com...

8. approved at least two different illegal electronic surveillance programs of American citizens without a warrant in violation of the fourth amendment and in violation of the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978, and repeatedly lied to the American people by stating that
no surveillance was taking place without a court order

The general population of the U.S. has nothing to do with the wiretaps, they are concentrating on terror suspects and out of the country calls to these suspects.

15. condoned criminal conduct and obstructed justice by commuting the sentence of convicted perjurer Scooter Libby

Libby may have been convicted of perjury, but wasn't Bill Clinton?

14. converted the Justice Department into an arm of the Republican Party by firing meritorious federal prosecutors who refused to base decisions on whom to prosecute on political
considerations

Bill Clinton fired all 98 federal prosecutors to get rid of one federal prosecutor who was working on the whitewater case.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by JadePhoenix]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Check this one out

nlg.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
no its not to little to late . if you could get these 2 bozos impeached and imprisoned it would send a powerful messasge to the next bozo not to be a dick like dick and georgie.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Libs going after Bush/Cheney is nothing more then a modern day witch hunt!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

what are you, some kind of bait and switch machine?

who CARES what LBJ or clinton did. bad behaviour does not excuse subsequent crimes perpetrated by others.
your 'argument' is like saying, 'well, some one got murdered yesterday, son of sam, so we're going to let you go free'.

word games used to deny people their basic human rights is criminal too, IMO. 'enemy combatant' is somehow very different than 'enemy soldier'? once someone is SUSPECTED of being a 'terrorist', they are subject to indefinite incarceration and torture, and that's "okay"?

(edit to change 'dent' to 'deny')

[edit on 28-11-2007 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

...thank you for this 'factsheet' link, I'm going to print a bunch out and hand them around, thanks again!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
no prob! doing what we do is the way to get closer to the truth! and have others to realize that CNN is not telling no truth. Is the people.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

No way, I gotta disagree, these criminals never quit doing 'awful' things and this is all the more fire to get them to calm down and not attack any more nations and hopefully focus on alleviating the $9 trillion deficit.

How about taking the longer view of what another impeachment would do to this country?

- paralyze any needed congessional work while the process dragged on. Please keep in mind that nothing would get finalized on the impeachment until their terms were over or just about over. All that uproar and you end up beating a dead horse at that point.

- worse than that, I believe this would start a vicious cycle (one people that think like you may already be part of) where that's all the party currently out of power tries to do - impeach the ones currently in power. Again, government would be paralyzed and I think you'd actually be inviting the coup you say you're so afraid of to put a stop to it.

No, far better to let the constitutional election processes work than to go the impeachment route.

[edit on 11/28/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

...I hear you and since this is more then a couple Congresspeople w/ 'agendas' maybe a greater populace will hear/sign up to out those who need to go.... when we're dealing w/ numerous war crimes, there is no 'waiting' -- then, they're out of office, but still "behind the scenes" like so many other politicians? No thanks, they need to go now!

Here's the homepage of the lawyers' group; there's also trying to speak out against the "homegrown terrorism" bill that's pending the Senate floor in one week, sailed through the House w/ little opposition, *they* will be able to jail people, U.S. citizens, mind you, for your "beliefs" in something:

nlg.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Libs going after Bush/Cheney is nothing more then a modern day witch hunt!

Ahh yes. The labels. Dem/Rep, Liberal/Conservative, Red/Blue, Left/Right, Coke/Pepsi... Life is so simple in some people's worlds.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The crap is already out of the horse regarding this administration, and there's no way of getting it back into the horse. Impeachment procedings seem moot at this point, but they can try to go after them. I'm sure there's an act in place in which they've given themselves immunity to war crimes. Cheney even said that he was above the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
JadePhoenix:

Terrorist do not fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention

How do we know if they were terrorists or not if they were detained indefinitely without charge and never went to trial? . . . just curious, brain is a little slow today . .

Perhaps impeachment would create a whole new set of issues with which to deal, yet if these allegations are true against this Administration, is it just alright? What would happen to me if I went into the mall and stole an iPod, and got caught?

No, really, what would likely happen to me in this situation? Jail? Probation? or maybe just nothing. They'd take the iPod back and restock it, and let me go home with a warning not to do it again. I'm not thinking so.

And the hypothetical iPod theft didn't even interfere with anyone else's personal life. Certainly didn't result in death.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join