It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
The resolution lists more than a dozen high crimes and misdemeanors of the Bush and Cheney administration and "calls upon the U.S. House of Representatives to immediately initiate impeachment proceedings, to investigate the charges, and if the investigation supports the charges, to vote to impeach George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney as provided in the Constitution of the United States of America."
The resolution also calls on all other state and national bar associations, state and local government bodies, community organizations, labor unions, and all other citizen associations to adopt similar resolutions and to use all their resources to build the campaign.
Originally posted by Karlhungis
Doesn't it feel kind of pointless at this stage? I mean, by the time any of these proceedings go through (if at all), won't they already be out of office anyways?
4. killed over 3700 American soldiers and severely wounded nearly 30,000
5. committed further crimes against peace by threatening Iran in violation of the UN Charter, as
6. detained thousands of prisoners without charges and without providing the ability to confront
7. condoned the torture of prisoners in violation of the Geneva Conventions, the US anti-torture
8. approved at least two different illegal electronic surveillance programs of American citizens without a warrant in violation of the fourth amendment and in violation of the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978, and repeatedly lied to the American people by stating that
no surveillance was taking place without a court order
15. condoned criminal conduct and obstructed justice by commuting the sentence of convicted perjurer Scooter Libby
14. converted the Justice Department into an arm of the Republican Party by firing meritorious federal prosecutors who refused to base decisions on whom to prosecute on political
Originally posted by anhinga
reply to post by Karlhungis
No way, I gotta disagree, these criminals never quit doing 'awful' things and this is all the more fire to get them to calm down and not attack any more nations and hopefully focus on alleviating the $9 trillion deficit.
[edit on 28-11-2007 by anhinga]
Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Libs going after Bush/Cheney is nothing more then a modern day witch hunt!
Terrorist do not fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention