It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie of an Alien found in my C Directory on My Computer!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea
The hotkey would be a key stroke combination on the keyboard.
Example: ctl-alt-s or something. No cat?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The hotkey would be a key stroke combination on the keyboard.
Example: ctl-alt-s or something. No cat?

Oh... I see. I've never tried that and I don't know what you mean by cat.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Aliens will move your shoes one inch to the side during the night if it will serve some purpose. But these events you experienced are precisely the things that can happen naturally with the complexities of technology.

If you say it is aliens, then you might have way more information than me. I can think of ways this could happen though. Indulge me.

Some programs we might download in order to watch some video formats, or a proprietary Flash or other application for video chat sites will do this without you knowing it. (Yahoo does this big time) The little program grabs your camera and starts recording, if triggered by an "F" key or combination or hot key that is the default the programmer put in the program, not knowing anyone's file structures, can only put it at C: You could have been in a chat room or a video blogging site or just on someones web page. If you signed (checkmarked) an agreement and downloaded or approved any thing for a site you joined it would do this in a couple seconds, and without any screen graphics. You have to watch your system like a hawk now.

You could have done this and not known that your key stroke was turning on the camera that ran for 15 seconds and stopped and saved the file to C: All without any notice. The empty chair is odd, but I can think of senerios for that. don't hear enough details in your account for alien to be the case. Have you had recent dreams or have been thinking about aliens?

But if your guts say that it was an alien, not a cyber potergeist, ghost or goblin, then its your party man.

It wont hurt to do a scan for pests and viruses. Go get Spybot or use your own.

To really research this you have to do a little science. Or, it really does not matter what I or others think. You make real what you believe. It's OK.

It could be a great way of communicating with aliens.

Send me their email and page links if that happens..

Really, I hope it was a good thing for you in any case my friend.

ZG

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok. Sorta funny, the second video is faked on some level. You see, even with a crappy web cam the monitor would give off enough light to see any one in the chair. So why would they(you) turn the monitor off while doing this unless they(you) were trying to perpitrate a hoax? Also, there would still be some color, but its b&w?

Hoaxers must be waiting at least a year now to get some cred points before dumping the turd on the community maybe.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I think he was asking if you indeed had a cat. A little blogging pur ball.

I had a cat we named Data. With us for 14 years. My little boy. Smart as a tack. He walked on my keyboard a few times. AAArrggg! My reaction scared the fuzz off him. I am a digital artist and he found out he shouldn't do that if he wants us all to eat.

No cat??

ZG

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If I were you, I would set up some video cameras and just let them run. I would be freaked out...very freaked out if what you say and linked is not fabricated. On the other hand, I would also feel special

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds like to me that you've probably been hit by a
‘script kiddy" via some sort of trojan. It’s known that folks try and find webcams that are open to control. Someone could be logging in to your computer and trying to take a peek around looking for “money”shots.

Accessing your computer, invoking commands that save movies by default to your C drive, realizing after 30 or so seconds nothing there is to see and giving up and going to the next trojan on the list... The “aliens” could be pixelation issues etc..

Run an updated sig virus check and see if you have some trojans hiding about.

b

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Zero Ghost

Oh.... I see. So one can click on a key on the keyboard and not know that one has activated their webcam but does that key also cause the cam to levitate into the air and swing back and forth and to and fro like what's being seen in that movie? If there's a key on the keyboard that activates this amazing technological feat, then please DO let me know because I really, really would like to see that!

Lol... oh, that kind of a cat. No, I don't have a cat but wish I did but I'm allergic to them.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
Are you seriously hoping to fool people with this?

Fool people with what? He sounds like he's not sure himself of what it is, that's why he's asking for other's opinions.
Freaky, "unnatural" events DO happen in this world...
Some people don't believe this because the Government tells them "there's no such thing".

[edit on 5/11/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If you have some super glue, you can do an easy trick to lift any and all finger prints off of the web cam, so why not do that? Also try to explain why there is no monitor light in the second film. Why do you think the cam is floating, it doesn't look that way, or are you stressing that point because thats what you did when making it( a slip of the tounge)?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Palasheea, i've seen you on ATS since i joined and your posts have always been truthful and interesting, so there is no doubt in my mind that what you are posting here is any different.

Please ignore the posters who don't know you and are posting the 'HOAX' complaints. I look to the poster, not the post, to tell my hoaxes from truths.

Firstly, congratulations of finding yourself a mystery to unfold. It is disturbing and scary in a way, but look at it from a different perspective: What is life without a little excitement once in a while? When something strange happens to you for a change and it isn't just something you read about it is a really amazing experience.

I've watched both videos, and the second is surely strange. It almost has a sepia tone to it, like the camera has been put through a filter. Also, it seems to be taken at a lower fps (frames per second) than the first.

The... whatever it is... that pops up behind the chair certainly has the shape of a typical 'gray's head, but it could be complete coincidence.

As far as assurances or explanations, none are forthcoming from me. I'm stumped. Is there any chance you have friends who know of your interest in fringe topics that would pull it as a prank?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VveaponS2K
If I were you, I would set up some video cameras and just let them run. I would be freaked out...very freaked out if what you say and linked is not fabricated. On the other hand, I would also feel special

Special?
How could I feel special when I wasn't even there when these video's were recorded?

But on the other hand, for what's showing in that video, I'm glad I wasn't there because I definitely would have been freaking out if I were to see what's in that video with my own two eye's instead of just in a video - that's a given.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Palasheea, i've seen you on ATS since i joined and your posts have always been truthful and interesting, so there is no doubt in my mind that what you are posting here is any different.

Firstly, congratulations of finding yourself a mystery to unfold. It is disturbing and scary in a way, but look at it from a different perspective: What is life without a little excitement once in a while? When something strange happens to you for a change and it isn't just something you read about it is a really amazing experience.

I've watched both videos, and the second is surely strange. It almost has a sepia tone to it, like the camera has been put through a filter. Also, it seems to be taken at a lower fps (frames per second) than the first.

The... whatever it is... that pops up behind the chair certainly has the shape of a typical 'gray's head, but it could be complete coincidence.

As far as assurances or explanations, none are forthcoming from me. I'm stumped. Is there any chance you have friends who know of your interest in fringe topics that would pull it as a prank?

Thanks fooffstar and yes, it's definitely a mystery! I did in fact load the second one into Ulead 8 to brighten it up where I also converted it to a grey monotone (the original, after it was brightened was too green) because everything can be seen much easier that way. But I'm hoping a video expert with the best software can clean it up some to make things clearer.

As for someone loading this onto my computer as some kind of a prank... all I can say to that is no way.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For god sakes people don't be so naive! Yet again it's funny how everyone ignored what Bspiracy said. I have no doubt whatsoever that Palasheea is telling the truth. BUT! What you see on this short video clips has nothing to do with the supernatural! Palasheea your computer has been hacked into. The hacker used an exploit in your XP operating system. He was able to activate you webcam since it was already connected physically via USB cable and your drivers were already installed. Now as to video clip number 2. This to me doesn't even look like your room or your chair. The hacker simply uploaded a similar pre-edited video aka it was grainy so to conceal major details that you could identify your room. The reason why he recorded the first video of your actual chair and room was to confuse you and MAKE YOU THINK that the SECOND video clip was actually your room and your chair. IT WASN"T. It's not out of a question that he was targeting mainly members of abovetopsecret forum since they prone to believe in aliens.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think you may have had a ghost on your hands. Spirits can move furniture, turn on/off tv's/radios - change channels, turn on/off cameras, lights, computers, close/open blinds, and so on. This may be a spirit(s) trying to capture itself on camera hence closing the blinds to better pick up their image. While watching the slow-mo version I clearly saw a woman.

If paranormal, this could be a random thing, a spirit attached to your home - but it doesn't sound like it means any harm so I wouldn't be frightened... easier said than done. I think your imagination may be getting carried away when you see evil looking faces, the ram... and nothing really leads me to think this has any connection with the greys.

Have you had any friends or relatives that may have passed on that might want to get your attention? Maybe around that time period?

Judging by your post history, I think you are being truthful and thank you for posting this. Flagged.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Please post the non-edited version of the second video then, discarding color information is pretty suspect( why not mention this in the original post?).

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
LordBaskettIV Do you agree with my statement above?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What makes so many of you believe this crap without evidence? Is it a genuine delusion that this movie was taken by aliens, or is it a pathological desire to believe? Are you all just taking the mickey when you say you believe this?

This board exists to discuss topics that aren't taken seriously by the main stream, but threads like this and the enthusiasm with which they are invariably received make me wonder whether any of it is worth attention at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I have a similar cam, ( not exactly the same, it's an aiptek) and no the monitor light is not illuminated enough to show up on recordings (which is why I have a logitech now) it takes stills does movies and sound and works as a webcam too I just took two pictures and a small video with it which I will post tomorrow, I had my face 6 inches from the monitor while writing this post, man I will say I look like the devil with glasses on BTW I use linux so you can't skript kiddy me LMAo , you might want to get one of those linux "live" CD ISO's and burn it and use it to scan your PC, that way you know for sure that your PC is not corrupted ( I recommend PCLinuxOS) PClinuxOS it's easy to use and works a lot like windows, I have to be to work soon so I will post the pics and movie later when I get home, I dual boot and have windoze as well but very soon will drop windoze altogether

edit cause BBcode doesn't work in linux? LOL

[edit on 6-11-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

This is a classic case, unmistakable, undeniably, you have a trojan horse on your computer. All kinds of goodies have been programmed into these pieces of malicious software. If I was to scan your computer, I could probably tell you which one it is, and I might be able to listen through your mic, activate your camera, take screenshots, and even open your DVD-Drive tray!!! Spooky 1.!>!> So, no aliens, just a guy messing with you. Download some anti-virus, anti-spyware software and scan. Let us know which one you find.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join