It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabbalah of Star Wars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The main character of the movie is LUKE SKYWALKER, the word Luke is derived from the latin LUCE which means "Light" (which is why Lucifer is tranlated as "The Lightbearer". This is no surprise as Luke plays "the good guy" in the movie. In combination with "Skywalker" we then have the phrase "The Light that walks across the sky". This matches a common occult description of Lucifer (just one example: Blavatsky/Theosophical Society refers to Lucifer as "The light that walks across the sky").

No, Luke is a Hebrew name, like Daniel, that predates the existence of Latin as a language.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by danwild6

As explained in this thread, George LUCAS uses multiple meanings. The name refers to himself, to the Hebrew LUKE (which confirms my theory of Star Wars being mainly Jewish) and to latin LUCE (Light).

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Look kids...do your research. Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of kabbalah will see the connections.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The problem is probably that this information cannot be found on google or some news outlet or in some book. Its information derived from study and then recognized while watching the movie.

Look kids...do your research. Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of kabbalah will see the connections.

I agree with your understanding of the kabbalah as it pertains to star wars. But as someone who knows his numerology and the ideas that the kabbalhist bring to the conscious mind. How star wars paints the understanding of the battle between good and evil, and how the kabbalist explain and understand it. Are very much similar because on a very abstract level between the two "different" understandings of them they are very much quite the same. The idea the Lucas "borrowed" the idea or the names from the kabbalists and the study of the kabbalah is in my opinion a mute point. The kabbalists gleaned there understanding of the truth in the world, using numbers as reference points to make the severe abstract side of truth more communicable between those who study truth and truth seeking. George Lucas obviously understands those truths as well, as shown in the epic tale that is known as "Star Wars". Truth is there and will always be there weather you define truth through a story as large as the Bible, or a movies like Star Wars and The Matrix, or if you understand truth through numerology like the kabalists. The ideas behind truth and the understanding of that truth will always be there, and you do not need to study numbers to understand that. "Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of kabbalah will see the connections I am making here." And it does not make any difference weather Darth Vader means Dark Father, or

the invisible Sephira (a Sephira is one of the circles on the kabbalistic life tree). DAATH refers to a type of transformative threshhold from good to evil and evil to good (dont want to go into detail here). In analogy to that, the movie character Darth Vader goes from good to evil and evil to good. Darth Vader corresponds to DAATH INVADER.

Because there is truth in both understandings your arguing over a mute point.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I agree. I don't think that Lucas was trying to tie the kaballah (?SP?) into the Star Wars movies. It just happens that there are eternal truths out there and the battle between Good and Evil is always fought the same way. It is the nature of evil to turn an individual through a slow process. I have never known someone to just flip over to the "dark side". It is usually something that takes a little bit of time. Just like we see in episodes 1, 2, and 3. It took three movies for Darth Vader to finally appear. Those movies covered many years. Anyway... if there are connections with the kaballah (?SP?) I would think that it is because of the nature of the main themes. Good v. Evil.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Rigel

Names we have yet to decipher:

Anakin > "AN-like". AN being sumerian word for God in my opinion (not a physical person as Sitchin states it, but the Intelligent Creator like the hebraïc IHVH Adonaï).

To be like God refers so to the Darth Vader character in a way that links him to te figure of the King of Tyr of the Bible, offently given as one of the first symbolical depiction of Satan.

Han Solo > the opposite : the man bearing the spirit of AN without being seduced by worldy temptations, so his spiritual loneliness.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Madnessinmysoul, I wouldn't be so quick to pass this off, it's pretty common knowledge...
www.google.com...

the first result is from ATS!
the second one denies a connection to judaism
the third one specifically claims

"After inserting religious themes into Star Wars he would eventually come to identify strongly with the Eastern religious philosophies he studied and incorporated into his movies, which were a major inspiration for "the Force.""

Skyfloating, don't forget about Yoda. From Hebrew yada (to understand) or yodea (to know), and Yoda speaks in inverted verb/nouns, at times, similar to Hebrew grammar, hardly a cooincidence.
Great idea for a thread by the way.

kind of wrong... the grammar is based on japanese
the name yoda comes from 2 sources
"Yoddha" is a Sanskrit word for "warrior"

i know my Star Wars, i know its origins... and i know there's nothing connecting it to the Kabbalah

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Thats pretty amazing Rigel. I add to the list:

Akin to AN

AN Solo.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

There is a lot more to discover out there. Lucas uses multiple meanings.
But Star Wars is not only influenced by Zen and Sanskrit, it is also heavily laden with hebrew-judaic-kabbalism.

Maybe you could help me out on this one: In one of the newer movies (episode 2 or 3) there is a sort of "hell-planet" or really terrible place...and it actually has an arabic name. I recall sitting at the movies recognizing it as arabic...but I have meanwhile forgotten and I dont have the DVD here.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Rigel

Thats pretty amazing Rigel. I add to the list:

Akin to AN

AN Solo.

... You got it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My opening hypothesis is: The names and the story-details are not randomly chosen by some sci-fi enthusiast turned script-writer. They are consciously chosen by people who know their occult literature.

Why some of you are smashing this idea without backing up your disagreement is beyond me. Or is it that you dont like the idea of your beloved star wars being anything other than christian-american or anything other than what the bug-eyed ten year old version of yourself wants it to be?

Again: The names of the movie have MEANINGS that have been chosen DELIBERATELY.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

oh, and by the way: I had the very same thought when reading sitchin: "That one you got wrong dude".

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My opening hypothesis is: The names and the story-details are not randomly chosen by some sci-fi enthusiast turned script-writer. They are consciously chosen by people who know their occult literature.

yes, and it's highly flawed

Why some of you are smashing this idea without backing up your disagreement is beyond me. Or is it that you dont like the idea of your beloved star wars being anything other than christian-american or anything other than what the bug-eyed ten year old version of yourself wants it to be?

...the spiritual precepts of the story are buddhist if anything...
honestly, me, christian-american?

and stop with the name callling

Again: The names of the movie have MEANINGS that have been chosen DELIBERATELY.

ok, george lucas
luke skywalker
that's where the name comes from, lucas chose his own name for it because parts of the character (particularly the wanderlust of a small-town boy) are autobiographical

kenn annakin
anakin skywalker
that's where the name comes from

yoda comes from both hebrew and sanskrit

you're narrowly selecting things and outright making them up

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Awesome!
Nothing is as it appears. Vadar could aalso be the "Jealous God' and Luke (Lucifer) who see the truth about the 'god". There eare a numbe rof p[assages in the Bible (esp Old Test) that reveal 'God's' insecuritis and , obviously, violent ways- revenge is best served cold?
So Who really is 'light ' and who is 'dark' The ultimate lesson is stories of Good & evil/ light & dark, is that they are the two sides of a coin, Yin/ Yang.
You will never comprehend light if you lived in the dark. You could not comprehend evil unless you have witnessed it's effects.
I'm sure George Lucas used both personal & ancient symbolism- He's telling an ancient story regarding mankind- of course you reach back through our history and add some personal touches . The debate as to why the symbolism was used is a great example who this are more complicated then merely good or evil/ Yin or yang. It's the Osmosis that occurs when the two meet that we must be cognizant of. Good intentions can lead to evil deeds (Catholic church) as well as Evil intentions can lead to unforeseen benefits(9/11- brought US & the World together.) but again our goal to make th eworld safer has made it more unstable and dangerous. Nothing is black & white, just varying shades of grey.
Thats why so many want to tell others how to act- their stacking the deck towards their philosophy's dominance (When Religion Goes Bad)
Is ther Pure Evil and Pure Divine? We're not that lucky to have such elemental differentiations- we must stay diligent in our mental gymnastics and our abilitiy to truly fully analyze a situation using our best judgement.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by purple girl

finally someone who comments on what this thread is actually hinting at. thank you

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Anyone with superficial knowledge of Kabbalah can make connections to anything.
We used to do it with farts and other disgusting things.

When you over associate things to your belief system it is a sign you are going insane.

Perhaps you have touched Daath and lost your mind in the process, time to back off the jewish mysticism for a bit and ground yourself in reality.

Seriously, star wars + kabbalah = supreme waste of time.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

Wise advice.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

I wouldnt say there is no chance that I am wrong.

But studying behind-the-scenes possibility and interconnectedness of things with curiosity is not necessarily a sign of someone going insane but more a sign of sensing that more is happening than meets the eye.

Of course, this topic isnt a big deal though. Just because Lucas is interested in Mythhology and spiritual doctrine doesnt have to mean much. It is interesting though.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Star Wars is embedded with arthurian, buddhist, sanskrit, christian and jewish mythology and symbolism that goes beyond the mere meanings ascribed by the regular movie-goer. It also sparks questions of what good and evil is. As shown in my opening post, it even provides an attempt at instruction on use of "The Force". I would have thought a discussion on the mythological and spritiual aspects of the movie is possible without being called insane and paranoid

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The Buddhist quality of the movies were the one obvious to me when first watching it. But upon repeated viewings I started paying attention to the names, asking myself "What do they mean?" They all reminded me of words I had read in quabbalistic writings.

I realize how speculative it is...thats why its posted in skunk works.

But if nobody ever dares to speculate, how are we to find out anything new?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join