It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabbalah of Star Wars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The movie "star wars" offers a good example of secret symbolism that goes undetected by the masses even if its right in front of their face.

Lets start with the original trilogy and have other posters follow up with similar discoveries in the newer parts.

The main character of the movie is LUKE SKYWALKER, the word Luke is derived from the latin LUCE which means "Light" (which is why Lucifer is tranlated as "The Lightbearer". This is no surprise as Luke plays "the good guy" in the movie. In combination with "Skywalker" we then have the phrase "The Light that walks across the sky". This matches a common occult description of Lucifer (just one example: Blavatsky/Theosophical Society refers to Lucifer as "The light that walks across the sky").

From this it is obvious that Star Wars is a reverse-mythology to the archetypical war of "Light vs. Darkness"...reverse because it is told not from a Christian but from a Luciferian point of view.

Skywalkers Mentor and Master is called OBI-WAN. Where could this name have possibly been taken from? OBEAH & WANGA are forms of african magick, which prime occultist Aleister Crowley refers to in Vers 37 of his main book Liber Al vel Legis (The Book of the Law). More specifically OBEAH is african and WANGA is a type of Haitan Voodoo, both of which utilze "The Force".

DARTH VADER is Skywalkers enemy. For students of the jewish quabbalah it is not far-fetched to understand "Darth" as "Daath", the invisible Sephira (a Sephira is one of the circles on the kabbalistic life tree). DAATH refers to a type of transformative threshhold from good to evil and evil to good (dont want to go into detail here). In analogy to that, the movie character Darth Vader goes from good to evil and evil to good. Darth Vader corresponds to DAATH INVADER.

Darth Vaders "Death Star" is itself a perfect mirror of the Sephiroth Daath which is known as an "artificial Sephiroth" on the Tree Of Life. Likewise, his planet is artificial. Vaders other name drives the point home: "The Dark Lord of the Sith" is easily detected as SETH, which some of the ancient egyptian lore associates with Death and Destruction.

OBI-WANs second name is BEN, which means SON in Hebrew, which corresponds to the Sephira Tiphareth (associated with the SUN and the HEART-Chakra and said to be the polar opposite of the DAATH Sephira).

I will leave it up to others to fill in the blanks with the rest of the names.

I conclude this post with some beautiful quotes from Star Wars:

Your eyes can deceive you. Extend your feelings there

Wenn you learn to calm your mind, you will access the Force

Trust your feelings and you can access the Force

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The movie "star wars" offers a good example of secret symbolism that goes undetected by the masses even if its right in front of their face.

Lets start with the original trilogy and have other posters follow up with similar discoveries in the newer parts.

The main character of the movie is LUKE SKYWALKER, the word Luke is derived from the latin LUCE which means "Light" (which is why Lucifer is tranlated as "The Lightbearer". This is no surprise as Luke plays "the good guy" in the movie. In combination with "Skywalker" we then have the phrase "The Light that walks across the sky". This matches a common occult description of Lucifer (just one example: Blavatsky/Theosophical Society refers to Lucifer as "The light that walks across the sky").

um.. wrong
luke is named after george lucas, there is no symbolism in the name
the name skywalker isn't really symbolic either.. it just sounded like more of a good guy name than "starkiller"

From this it is obvious that Star Wars is a reverse-mythology to the archetypical war of "Light vs. Darkness"...reverse because it is told not from a Christian but from a Luciferian point of view.

nooo....
actually, star wars is a campbellian mythologcal tale

Skywalkers Mentor and Master is called OBI-WAN. Where could this name have possibly been taken from? OBEAH & WANGA are forms of african magick, which prime occultist Aleister Crowley refers to in Vers 37 of his main book Liber Al vel Legis (The Book of the Law). More specifically OBEAH is african and WANGA is a type of Haitan Voodoo, both of which utilze "The Force".

you're stretching it here... especially since his name is "Obi-Wan" Not "OBEAH-WANGA" which sounds quite different. there are two common syllables

and they don't call it the "Force" in wanga...

DARTH VADER is Skywalkers enemy. For students of the jewish quabbalah it is not far-fetched to understand "Darth" as "Daath", the invisible Sephira (a Sephira is one of the circles on the kabbalistic life tree). DAATH refers to a type of transformative threshhold from good to evil and evil to good (dont want to go into detail here). In analogy to that, the movie character Darth Vader goes from good to evil and evil to good. Darth Vader corresponds to DAATH INVADER.

Darth...
Dark
Death

though you have the vader part

Darth Vaders "Death Star" is itself a perfect mirror of the Sephiroth Daath which is known as an "artificial Sephiroth" on the Tree Of Life. Likewise, his planet is artificial. Vaders other name drives the point home: "The Dark Lord of the Sith" is easily detected as SETH, which some of the ancient egyptian lore associates with Death and Destruction.

ah, but the Death Star is not Vader's, it's Tarkin's. he even warns against pride in the "technological terror" and states that the power to destroy a planet is nothing next to the power of the force...
OBI-WANs second name is BEN, which means SON in Hebrew, which corresponds to the Sephira Tiphareth (associated with the SUN and the HEART-Chakra and said to be the polar opposite of the DAATH Sephira).

I will leave it up to others to fill in the blanks with the rest of the names.

you're stretching it here. beware your next steps, i know my star wars, you clearly don't

I conclude this post with some beautiful quotes from Star Wars:

Your eyes can deceive you. Extend your feelings there

Wenn you learn to calm your mind, you will access the Force

Trust your feelings and you can access the Force

very Zen... almost as if the idea for Jedi came from samurai... oh...wait...
they did

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would be very interested by what the OP thought of Vader being Luke's dad.

the spawn of evil giving birth to the spawn of good...

As they say, "Lest we forget the sins of our fathers".

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I may not know my star-wars as good as you, but you obviously dont know your kabbalah.

step away and be at peace as I initiate the neophytes

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
I would be very interested by what the OP thought of Vader being Luke's dad.

the spawn of evil giving birth to the spawn of good...

As they say, "Lest we forget the sins of our fathers".

The Father was not inherently evil. He became so by misuse of the Daath passageway. The Son (Lucifer) then rebelled.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And what is 'Evil' to your reckoning?

Please, i'm not trying to trick or deceive you here into making an opinion that can be dissected and used against you - if i do so then this post will devalue my criticism, but there are lesser evils and greater evils.

But what is 'Evil'?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

But what is 'Evil'?

That depends upon the context and viewpoint from which you are asking. Are you referring to the movie or to my personal opinion or general philosophy?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Both, if you like.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Madnessinmysoul, I wouldn't be so quick to pass this off, it's pretty common knowledge...
www.google.com...

Skyfloating, don't forget about Yoda. From Hebrew yada (to understand) or yodea (to know), and Yoda speaks in inverted verb/nouns, at times, similar to Hebrew grammar, hardly a cooincidence.
Great idea for a thread by the way.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yoda probably stands for Yod-Aleph... As the Foundation of the Force (Alef, the ox whose strength and humility opens the way to enlightment).

But Kabbalah is certainly not the only one influence... Campbell for sure who himself dwelled in Dumezil's and Eliade's works - and all the rest.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
my friend, i think you are looking for things that just aren't there, not intended as an insult it's just what i think.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

But what is 'Evil'?

Some question you ask there. There are as many definitions of that as there are people and I am sure you have defined that for yourself as well.

I personally dont believe anything to be INHERENTLY evil, meaning evil as a quality that something or someone IS, but the universe to be an INHERENTLY neutral place. The good and bad comes out of what we make of the stuff provided.

Thats pretty broad, so I will define it in earthly terms. "Evil" is what has been labelled inappropriate behaviour for sustaining and continuing life, growth and happiness. "Evil" action is often something that grows out of fear and similar emotions (desperation, rage, apathy).

Or as YODA himself says:

I sense much fear in you. Fear is a path to the dark side"

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thats pretty broad, so I will define it in earthly terms. "Evil" is what has been labelled inappropriate behaviour for sustaining and continuing life, growth and happiness. "Evil" action is often something that grows out of fear and similar emotions (desperation, rage, apathy).

Or as YODA himself says:

I sense much fear in you. Fear is a path to the dark side"

As such, would you say that one who followed the dark side evil?

It's important to note that no one can be 'wholly' evil or 'wholly' good, because inherently, we're only human.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Skyfloating, don't forget about Yoda. From Hebrew yada (to understand) or yodea (to know), and Yoda speaks in inverted verb/nouns, at times, similar to Hebrew grammar, hardly a cooincidence.
Great idea for a thread by the way.

Thanks for providing google-reference. And also thanks for adding Yodea...to KNOW. I will provide some more names later on but THAT ONE I wasnt aware of. Perfect match

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Yes. But the problem is that each human defines "the dark side" as something else. And thats where the conspiracy-theorist comes into play: Trying to discern truth from behind-the-scenes manipulation.

What is evil for YOU?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The History Channel...

Did a documentary on the Star Wars "mythology."

www.history.com...

Read up on literary classics that bear similar storylines and characters to the ones we find in Star Wars.

Link

Jedi Monkeys, not just for mastery of the Force anymore...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yes. But the problem is that each human defines "the dark side" as something else. And thats where the conspiracy-theorist comes into play: Trying to discern truth from behind-the-scenes manipulation.

What is evil for YOU?

For me, Evil is the act of trying to fulfill an agenda at the cost of human lives.

As such, it may be the case that i am forced to fulfill an act of 'evil' in my life.

Indeed, there are circumstances whereby to do Evil, is to do the only thing you can - bar killing yourself.

EDIT: the "dark" side is something else, whereby nothing matters but the fulfillment of your base desires and needs - the 'dark' side of the human mind, so to speak.

Feel free to poke holes in my understanding of the terms 'evil' and the 'dark' side.

In fact i invite you to.
[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

um.. wrong
luke is named after george lucas, there is no symbolism in the name
the name skywalker isn't really symbolic either.. it just sounded like more of a good guy name than "starkiller"

Of course its also a reference to Lucas himself. But that in no way rules out a second meaning. Things can have multiple meanings, you know.

nooo....
actually, star wars is a campbellian mythologcal tale

Its a campbellian tale, an arthurian tale and a cabbalistic tale. Things can have multiple meanings, you know.

and they don't call it the "Force" in wanga...

The energy referred to as "the force" is only called so in Star Wars, analogous to that energy. Some "debunk" it is you are attempting here.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Yod-Aleph...another excellent point. Names we have yet to decipher:

Leia Morgana

Han Solo

R2D2

C3PO

Anakin

Padme

I do have my ideas but will wait for other input.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

nooo....

You cant just come in here and post "noooo" and "wrooooong" without any backup, follow-up or reference....and then even get 4 stars for doing so.
Reference for Luke, Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan as as corresponding to occult and kabbalistic concepts (which even match the story of the movie!) have been given. Many more could be given....but these are all just "coincidence", right?

The problem is probably that this information cannot be found on google or some news outlet or in some book. Its information derived from study and then recognized while watching the movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join