It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Catch Man Setting Fire In SoCal!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

ivote for some stupid drunk teens gigidi gigidi

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In the past 5 months, Comcast technichians havew been to my house 7 times, because the internet goes out, and the cable tv still works, even though I'm on high speed, and use the same cable.

They did a reading, and said I have 100%, but can't explain to me why it would go down two or three times a week between 4 and 6 am.

My TV makes funny feedback noises.

They just changed trash pickup to 7am, even though that is when the busses for school come, and plowing around here is usually still happening from the previous nights snow.

THe other day, I called the school to ask something about my daughter. The phone lines said they were disconnected. So I called the other schools. Same thing. So I called the chamber, to a friend. No idea. So I called the cops.

They said it would be down all day, Friday, and wouldn't be back up until Monday. So there was no way to get ahold of the school. But the cops said they would relay an emergency.

So I went to the school myself. THe Vice principle, whom I saw in the hall, didn't know about the phones being out, nor seemed to care.

My question is, what kind of school changes the phone system on a school day. Couldn't wait till a teachers day or something? And to not have a answering machine, or something. It was very disconcerting.

Doesn't anyone want to know what the arsonist looks like, and what his motivation is????? We're talking about the worst fire in California history here.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wonder if the 2 arsonists work for Blackwater . I read somewhere about Blackwater's interest in getting land for a mercenary training camp and facing large local protests.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by simonmagus]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well to answer one of your questions, in a perfect world there'd be no idiots but the world is not perfect

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet my last buck that the guy they caught is a white guy with a military haircut.

Infact, my girlfriend said she heard some witnesses being interviewed who described exactly the same.

I would say the Blackwater theory may be part of the $Bil contract they are rumored to have received to operate inside the US.

It's amazing to me that with all these facts staring people in the face, they still don't put the pieces of the puzzle together.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
I'm surprised no one has pointed out our closest terrorists(Mexico) would likely be glad to see SoCal burn,more room for illegal invaders....er immigrants

I was actually thinking the opposite - that it was done by someone in the US as sort of a "scorched earth" policy to make more inhospitable land to cross to get to the US (the fires on the border) and then cut down on places to live if they did get here (fires outside the cities).

By this I don't mean the US government, because they have made it clear that they don't mind all the illegals being here. No, this would more likely be some other "shadow" group trying to defend the country from invaders.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
More on that possable arson.

cbs13.com...

Motorcyclist Arrested For Arson In SoCal
(AP) SAN BERNARDINO A motorcyclist who allegedly set a small fire in a rural foothill area of the San Bernardino Mountains has been booked for investigation of arson.

Forty-eight-year-old John Alfred Rund of Hesperia was arrested late Tuesday after authorities followed him to an address on State Route 173.

San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers says it's not known if Rund is connected to any of the wildfires that have ravaged Southern California since Sunday.

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote.

[edit on 24/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is a sacry story, and getting worse by the day.

There have been reports that an Arsonest were caught, and that some of the fires were started from asron.

But why are we not getting the names of the people that set the fires...

SoCal is in a starge spot right now, Drivers disaperaing out of exploding trucks, massive fires in ciites set by arsonests.

My money if the get setting the fires name was Ahmed Al-Auqim, we are not going to hear about it.

And with all the fires in SoCal, all the boarder guard had to leave the boader (Well, the boarder guard that isn't in Iraq). So the boader is now WIDE open.

California is on Fire
Let's make a run for the boarder

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have been wondering how long it was going to take for some to catch on that bombings aren't the only way to advance terrorism, and keep many people occupied---eyes averted, as it were.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting story. And there could of course be some merit to all this speculation, but that is not what I was going to elaborate on.

I perceive it as a bit over the top some of the semi-hysteria fronted in this thread. When I read the whole thread from start to finish now I felt the level of paranoia emitting from some of the posts escalated a bit fast. I'm all for being open about possibilities and such, and the reports of arsonists are surely alarming, but some of the rhetoric here I would say is counter-productive if you want to create a constructive discussion about what might be the truth behind this.

There is clearly always an authority controlling/observing Fox News reports live at all times behind the cameras, and they might have acted upon this story, but there could be a million reasons for this. And Fox News anchors often act strange in my opinion, hehe.

All kinds of scary reports emerged from FBI and others between 2001 and 2003, so Im not surprised this came up as well. They also had numerous reports of arsonists during the Greece wildfires. It could be anyone really.

I personally think the Blackwater thing sounds far-fetched, but I have no idea where that came from, neither do I know much about Blackwater or what the basis is for the claim that they have any thing to do about this. Would love to hear it though.

Well.. My point is... I got a bad feeling from reading how a lot of the posts here read. There have been a good deal of overly-paranoid posting here before, and its usually not a good thing.. not for the members mental health and not for constructive conversation or discussion/debate.

I just feel we need to watch HOW we talk and what signals we emit when dealing with ATS subjects. Especially sensitive stuff like these fires. A lot of people are scared right now, and it\s dangerous to build under this with paranoia

We should be open about things we are paranoid about, and the members should defiantly talk to people and listen to them if they feel they have something to fear, but yeah... there are ways to formulate this so it\s easier to follow and participate in the conversation

[edit on 24-10-2007 by me_ofef_seraph]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Al-Qaeda seriously, is todays date April 1st, I suppose the next thing is a box of matches will be found with Ahmadinejad's picture on the box.

Exactly what I was thinking....... good tinfoil my friend. I can see it now,

Iran sets SoCal fires, now it's time to nuke their nuke facilities with bunker busting dial a yield bombs. Oh yeah and take over their oil fields.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They have been trying their best to bury this since the moment I posted it.

I was just pointing out the news, when their bizzare behavior began to confirm every suspicion I have, which is a lot of the gov right now.

Whether you like my jump to the conspiracy or not, the fact is, this is Very Worrying. There is a massive coverup unraveling as we speak, and who knows where they'll go to keep it under wraps.

Countless cases in history of this exact thing happening. This isn't fairyland.

You hit the right nerve, and you damned right I'm concerned.

They say the arsonist is a biker.

Riding a red Honda.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A terrorist started this fire, and not the al-qaeda kind. Some henchman of the money kings. We won't be hearing too much about this one I'm afraid.

Of course I could be wrong, but, you know you have a gut feeling on this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Another Arson

Amid worries of new blazes adding to the firestorm already afflicting the region, a man in Hesperia has been arrested on suspicion of arson, and police reported shooting and killing another arson suspect after chasing him out of scrub behind Cal State San Bernardino.

The man, whose identity has not been released, drove north on Waterman Avenue and up a dirt fire road into the foothills. When officers tried to take him into custody, the man began to ram officers' vehicles, Patterson said. Officers shot and killed him.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Blackwater to Set Up Training Camp in California

blogs.abcnews.com...

There is plenty of speculation online regarding Blackwater and the CA fires. Maybe someone will do background checks on the dead and captured arson suspects.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by simonmagus]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You guys see how this story has been head lines this week? Has anyone been checking congress? Any way this is a prime example of why America can be attacked from any angle and all the bare feet in every airport isn't going to stop another terror attack. I have said that a crazy buncha arsonist terrorist could bring America to it's knee's in a week if they just ran around starting fires. Cause we have no way of fighting them with limited fire fighters in each area. I mean the fact that 50-100 of those crazy wack jobs could just jump in cars and drive around starting fires scares me more than them hi-jacking planes.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And NO I'm not saying this was a terrorist act. I was just saying that as much planning the Bush administration has done it would be like them to over look this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Simply amazing...

Originally posted by stompk
I don't know why I have the warning. Is there something in this thread I said.

No explanation.

Guess this isn't important news.

If you checked your U2U's you would know what post you were warned for, or you (or any member for that matter) can click on that handy red tag n your profile and see what post you were warned for. I find it hard to believe that a member that has been here for a year and a half is unaware of these details.

I would also like to take this moment to remind you that inquires to staff action is to be done by U2u or the Complain function.

Relevant links:

Mod Note: Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff– Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So, they just posted the arsonists name and age, with a silohuette mugshot.

What, they don't have cameras at that station??

But if your eight yr old phones 911 on you and you get a DUI, your picture is plastered all over the news.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I apologize.

I'm writing this with passion, because this greatly angers me. I will try to calm down.

I've said worse hear before, and haven't been warned.

Having said that. I shouldn't have called him/her a dork.

oops

[edit on 24-10-2007 by stompk]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join