It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Catch Man Setting Fire In SoCal!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Not that I am looking to further any paranoia or hysteria by speculating about a motive or theory, but one interesting thought did come to mind in regard to the fires in Socal.

What if these fires are being started by big money real estate investors who have millions of dollars tied up in the now stagnant Socal housing market. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but think about it. What if you were the owner of an investment firm that sank the entire bank roll into highly overpriced real estate in San Diego and LA County before this huge historic housing market decline hit.

Powerful people who stand to lose millions of dollars on foreclosed and unsellable properties, people who as a result of the drastic fallout from the real estate market are now left holding a bag full of high dollar houses and developments they cant get rid of. If you were financially trapped underneath these homes and wanted a way out that would pay huge dividends, what could be easier than lighting a match (or paying someone to) and wiping the slate clean via insurance payouts.

I do realize that I am reaching a bit in this instance, but it was a motive nobody else had considered and I thought it interesting to mention if nothing else
cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodom
sodom
plz, what is happening?
i dont understand this thread

sodom

they are now watching stompk

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmm..I just arrived home and logged onto to good ol' ATS to see what was headlining and came across this thread. I had not heard much of the fires all week until today when my mother asked me if I heard there was a "conspiracy theory" that an arsonist/s started the fires. I was stunned, my mother is showing signs of "alternative thinking" lol. Now back to the topic of this article;
Firstly, I feel that stompk is just a lil' bit
. There are some strange things about this story however. Reports of arsonists being shot, running, and being killed are somewhat strange. The fact that multiple people had the idea to light up a forest that is already on fire is what gets me. AND the fact that there is a $50,000 reward for any info on the arsonists? Hm. But don't worry everything is OK. *LIVE TICKER* Florida Police OK Tasering of Student at Forum with Sen. John Kerry for Asking Too Many Questions....lol @ The Constitution I guess. Arnold is walking around helping the people! Arnold is making the "little dogs be happy with the big dogs"...blah. OO another new ALERT on good old FOX! FBI Warns Tonight against Fire Disaster Fraud Schemes"...Removed as I typed...also had a phone number to call to report any suspected fire fraud..Strange. Also saw ticker "5 people dead total from blazes"..does that count that shot arsonist? lol Hm.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This was all planned like all the poo they do, and brainwash the people into believing it was the so called " TERRORISTS" HA!

This man was on a motorcycle ready to start fires and RUN OFF! COINCIDENCE? yeah right!

Everything they do is planned and ritualistic with symbolisim. The articles are full of occult (meaning hidden) numbers and symbolism.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
shoot a flame in the forest? u mean like mario on a bicycle? possibly he got the flower? hahaha

Rather interesting majority of the stories on the frontpage of government funded/approved mainstream websites are regarind this, yet they have few stories on the Turkey "pounding" on Iraq borders which supposedly the US strong "disapproved" of. Yea media to the advantage.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Ok, fox news has finally posted a main story that ties together many of the events that we have been talking about. Kudos to you Fox News. They had admitted finally that they have arrested a man that was trying to set fires, however, they have concluded that his crime was an isolated incident and he is not a suspect in the main arson investigation.

Jodi Miller, a spokesperson for San Bernadino County, told FOX News that the small brush fire set by John Hund, 48, of Hesperia, was an isolated incident and immediately extinguished by witnesses. He is not suspected of starting wildfire burning large swaths of the county.

"It is not related whatsoever to the fires going on in our mountains," Miller said.

As well, the comments made a few days ago by Fire chief Prather about the legislature purposefully holding back resources to fight the fire was overstated and more about political infighting than anything constructive concerning fire fighting efforts. I am sure that we will hear more about this later.

Orange County Fire Chief Chip Prather told reporters that firefighters' lives were threatened because too few crews were on the ground. He said a quick deployment of aircraft could have corralled a massive blaze near Irvine.

"It is an absolute fact: Had we had more air resources, we would have been able to control this fire," he said.

Twenty-one firefighters and at least 24 others have been injured. One person was killed by the flames, and the San Diego medical examiner's officer listed five other deaths as connected to the blazes.

The state's top firefighter said Prather misstated the availability of firefighters and equipment. Eight of the state's nine water-dumping helicopters were in Southern California by Sunday, when the first fires began, along with 13 air tankers, said Ruben Grijalva, director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

So, this event is has now been listed as arson and there are no suspects in custody at this time. The who’s and why’s are now what needs to be solved. Any leads and you may just find yourself with a small wad of cash to throw in your bank account.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I just posted to another board talking about the fires and arson, but I'll post the info here again.

CNN.com is reporting that one suspect is dead and another is in custody. San Diego police communications public trunk line is reporting that other small fires have started and I heard one officer state that he was on his way to check on a suspicious party.

Sounds like this could be bigger than what many thought at first.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You could be on to something, not as though greedy developers haven't done something like this before. Anybody has studied fire bugs knows full well that most of them don't start fires on their own, their hired by people looking for the insurance money.

My cousin works for an insurance company and the first thing they do before they pay out on an apartment complex or other decrepit structure is check out the owner.

This way if an investigator finds something suspicious they can delay paying out on the claim and once they find a criminal act, that's it no insurance payout!

The best thing to do is find out how many homes that burned were foreclosed on and could not be moved on the market.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The following quote is from Adam Housleys website.

While wearing this Star Wars looking get up, a patrol car looking for looters (after they had already arrested one) came upon our location. I began to talk with them and ask about their night, that’s when they told me about the guy who allegedly tried to make a horrible fire situation up here even worse. Here’s the rundown

Adam Housley Fox News Reporter

They are really trying to play this guy down, even though his bond is set a $750,000, so they must have caught him "red handed"

Who in their right mind, would downplay a story like this, when anybody caught setting a fire in an event like this should be hanged on the spot.

Think FOX will follow his trial?

Interesting take on the burn the houses because we are behind on the mortgage.

I feel a more sinister plot, because "they' don't want us to know the arsonists real identity, IMO

Last night, Shepard Smith, (prime time FOX) stated that there was going to be an FBI news conference, sounding like it was supposed to happen during his newscast.

No FBI conference, and I haven't heard a thing about it.

None of the news orgs can agree on the same arson story, telling me that this was not supposed to happen, otherwise the AP an Reuters would have had their stories straight.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

"Forest Fire"

No junk food, just earthly goods
I ate weird berries in the woods
Now I'm seeing colors, I'm getting higher
I think I'll start a forest fire

There's a forest fire climbin the hill
Burning wealthy California homes
Better run run run run run run
From the fire

But some of us stay and watch
And we think of your insurance costs
And we laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
At your lives

Windows covered with bars
Security guards
Is that a house or a fortress?
Against the rest of the world

Security guards
Is that a house or a prison
How you gonna get out?

Electric bull and your tennis courts
Pink sports cars and your boats
Getting fried fried fried fried fried fried
By the fire

Floodlights for the yard
It's a pleasure to watch you
Watch it all melt

But hey!
What about the coc aine
Stockpiled in the basement
Be a hero and save it
You know you're gonna need it

Where's your brand new pretty wife
She might still be inside
Either save her or your coc aine from the fire

But the gates and doors are locked
'Cause the burglar alarms went off
Ever wonder why we laugh laugh
At your lives

Fences spiked with barbed wire
Never looked so helpless
Engulfed in flames

Cameras watchin' the walls
Don't forget the dogs
Now you're trapped in your prison
How you gonna get out

See the gerbil
Run run run run run run run run run
run run run run run run run run run
run run run run run run run run run
From the fire

Dead Kennedys

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This is without question the most paranoid thread I have ever read

If the Fox News people are a little rattled it might be because a couple of them lost their own homes, which they reported yesterday. One of them actually watched his own home burn down.

Think for a moment how many people live in that area. There would be maybe hundreds of Pyromaniacs in that population. I doubt Terror has anything to do with it. If you are that scared the Terrorists have won by the way. That is their goal.

A post like this was needed here. Not because we should bash any conspiracy theory that emerge, but because we need balance to pull the thread out of paranoia pandemonium. Imo people might be out to get you, and there are defiantly conspiracies happening on all scales at all times, but there is so much more constructive and positive point to discussing these things when we don't fuel paranoia. When people are housed up they find conspiracy everywhere. And some times we even want it to be a conspiracy. That is not what this forum is about imo.

Communicating support for a conspiracy theory is so much more healthy when you also deal with the fact that there could very well not be any conspiracy. Some times its like the rhetoric pulls you into this whirlwind of paranoia, and you start to get hyped, or you get scared.

Digging into this story and looking at the possibilities, and communicating concerns and theories should be done, and I know I'm interested in knowing it if there is something more to all this, but I feel this particular thread escalated too fast without much balance.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Please look at the picture in that link.
Why is that fire isolated? Where is the fire behind it, or to the sides? Maybe Alex is one of the arsonists?
I personally think the fires may have started naturally, but that opportunists quickly jumped in.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
OK, so the guy they have in custody?
His name is John Alfred Rund.

Owner of a small mini-mart in Hesperia, CA.

Here is an excerpt from a local news org.

Terrazas, who said he has lived in Hesperia for 25 years, said Rund was the latest in a string of people who owned and tried to make a go of a small mini-mart on Highway 173. But it closed about five years ago, he said.

The worn building, with a "Country Store" sign in front, was boarded up with "closed" spray-painted over windows and doors. Nearby is a mobile home where Rund is believed to live.

Paul Roberts, a Hesperia resident who was at the mobile home Wednesday, expressed disbelief that his friend would be suspected of arson.

"He's a good dude, I promise you that," Roberts said. "This guy is not a fire starter."

Source

What's wrong here is they are making this guy out to be down on his luck, store closed for 5 yrs, recently divorced.

But a pdf from the San Bernadino Building Dept shows John A Rund applying for a remodel permit # B200704901 on 4/12/07. The permit for $15,000 worth of work was never issued.

What's even more bizarre, is that the permit lists Runds address in WA!

See page 39
Building Dept website

[edit on 25-10-2007 by stompk]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I wonder, can anyone tell me whether the citizens of California are generally for or against the war? Are they for or against proposed ID cards?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Now here is a truly bizzarre concidence.

A search of this reveals

Source

Now a quick search of the phone # shows that this is a number available in Shasta Lake, CA
Source

(mod edit- please do not post names and addresses)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So another man has been arrested since Tuesday, after being seen setting some grass on fire in a park.

n the third incident, a man was arrested on suspicion of arson Tuesday after someone reported he tried to set the grass on fire at a Rancho Cucamonga park.

Anthony Joseph Riperti was booked into county jail. Bail was set at $250,000. Authorities said that they don't believe he is connected to any of the large fires burning in Southern California.

San Bernardino County sheriff's Sgt. Rick Ells said deputies responded to the park near Archibald Avenue and 6th Street just before 8 p.m. and found a small fire on the grass barely smoldering. It was easily extinguished.

Riperti, 45, was arrested nearby and identified as the fire starter by a witness, Ells said.

Source

What is going on?? This is the first I have heard of this.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I haven't been keeping up with this, but I am going to assume that SOCAL is in a severe drought. It looks like shredded wheat out there.

That being said....
I was in oklahoma 12 years ago when they were in a severe drought. It was so dry, you were not allowed to pull over in the grass. They said at that point, even the heat from the car can set the grass going.

And there was a wildfire.

They said the wildfire was started (it was next to Fort Sill)
because they were doing shooting practice and just the hot shells coming over the perimeter (how lousy are these guys?:lol

set the grass ablaze.

So it is very possible that these fires could be started by ANYTHING.

and I tell you, watching a wildfire is a humbling and interesting experience. And I got to witness a fire tornado, since it was so hot and dry (it was August) and that is something to see.

Do these guys deserve to be erased? absolutely. But I am pretty sure that these fires are going to be started somehow.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
OK, so we have two arsonists in custody.
John Rund $750,000 bond
Anthony Riperti $250,000 bond.

A $50,000-$70,000 reward for suspected arsonists.

They are looking for more. Either this is a terrorist attack, or a well orcherstrated inside job.

Oh, I forgot about the dead arsonist.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I do not know if this was posted yet - but here it goes:

FBI agents shoot dead 'arsonist' as police reveal California fires were started deliberately

A suspected arsonist was shot dead by police as FBI agents revealed several of the fires that have forced one million people from their homes in southern California had been started deliberately.

Police said officers killed a man during a chase as he tried to escape when challenged in the city of San Bernardino.

A motorcyclist who police say set a small fire in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains was arrested but investigators said they did not know whether he was connected to any of the larger fires.

FBI agents confirmed that a huge fire in the town of Santiago in Orange County that destroyed 10 homes was started on purpose in two different places.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

i'm with you concerning the buisness of irresponsible behaviour dictated by incompetent managers-and a school principal that didnt know or care about a down phone system---required in case of a potential "colombine" situation.all i can figure is that whoever appoints some of these geniuses doesnt know or care about the damage they can cause by their negligence.i just quit working for such a one--lives on valium trying to drown a guilty conscience? a kleptomaniac that steals for himself and the manager that appointed him and anyone else that wants something for free----just as long as the receiver of stolen property is willing to return a "favour" when needed----its just like todays modern politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join