It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Gif is not random. I was sitting at my desktop and my friend was right behind me. The figure was moving clock-wise for me, and counter clock-wise for him at the same time!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals,

what you are seeing is definately an optical illusion brough on by your left or right brain process depending upon how you look at it,. The actual animation is designed so that it may be viewed both ways. It's a perception thing based on the speed of the animation and the lack of contrast or distinguishing shadows that allows your brain to view it in either direction. You've all seen the optical illusions, is it a vase or is it a sillohutete of a woman, same thing. I have taken the liberty of slowing down the animation so you may more easily see the switch. I have also taken the liberty to cut out each frame in the animation to show each fram individually. Please see the below links. It's s very nice animation, I to enjoyed the ability to view it in both rotations.

slow animation

Individual frames

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Try closing one eye and then switch, you should see one that is changing directions eventually. If you notice the picture it has a line through it and it flickers so that one picture flickers left while another right. Simple really.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Clever optical illusion.

It's easier for me to see it going clockwise, but if I cover the top half and look at just the lower legs I can see exactly where the illusion is taking place.

Btw I'm an artist, I draw/write left handed, also eat left handed. But I throw a ball and play sports right handed.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This could be also an example of people seeing things like UFO's whilst another person may not, or some other entity because some people can configure better than others and also why for example an infra-red video camera setting may pick up a UFO object while the eyes can not.

On another post someone is going on about the Hologram theory so is this an example of just that, visual manipulation but obviously higher technology?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just do this!

The leg that is outstretched, if it is infront of the other leg, it goes one way, if it is behind other leg it reverses. So at any point, if you imagine the outstretched leg is the one closer to you, then switch it imagine it is behind the other leg, the direction will reverse. Give it depth through perception.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I still have issues with the single frame viewing Im making her breakdance now, never mind the actual gif.

34 images. I click one and wheel down with my mouse it gos clockwise with right leg up, for what seems like forever. If I suddenly jiggle the wheel really fast then continue wheeling down it changes! and gos anti clockwise with left leg up.

Jesus.............

Oh and I cant see no line? And Im right handed but I eat with my knife in my left if that makes any sense.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm left handed... it's going clockwise and I can't change it no matter how hard I try. I don't know if the illusion is only the legs... from what some people are saying you can adjust any part of the picture. I can't get her arms to raise, ponytail to stand up, or anything... it just keeps spinning basically the same.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Nah its both the legs and arms that switch, strange that how you just see it going clockwise.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I decided to screen record me rolling thru the frames and jiggling the mouse wheel to make it change direction, it did finally work and it shows in the avi but its 600mb long so Im not posting that it will take ages. May do another one but I dont know what its proving anyway its just nuts.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok Ive used agif so the gif wont go any faster.
Nothing spectacular but it shows exactly how this works.

All 3 of the central models in these gifs are rotating anti-clockwise.
Only the orbiting sphere is rotating on a seperate axis and is used to help direction.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
But they just go counter clockwise

Oh no .. wait I gota look at that again

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eagle32

In my perception your silhouettes never reach perpendicular so they just wobble back and forth in the background. Never do a full turn. I think you need another frame

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eagle32

You're GIF just wobbles back and forth for me.. i cannot see it doing a 360.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nuts.. I need a life
Eagle you just fried me more.

I see them do whatever I choose to see now, apart from the impossible. Some wobble side to side or go round then wobble.. depends what Im focusing on or not focusing on..

Man.. is planet X here yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Clockwise first then got her doing anti- then figure 8,s with her leg.

Couldn't get out of the figure 8's looking at the foot.Had to watch her bum before realising she was swapping legs then went back to clockwise

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

both exactly the same, imagine the ball on the second as a swinging yoyo attached to the 'hand'

[edit on 14/10/07 by eagle32]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
really??? those are both exactly the same? One looks like its swinging back and forth and the other one looks like its rotating. I guess that proves alot of what we see is based on perception. One mans plane is another mans U.F.O (or hologram).

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
reply to post by eagle32

You're GIF just wobbles back and forth for me.. i cannot see it doing a 360.

Thats what the original image does also, the movement is identical, if it would have colors it would be easter to notice, but because it's a siluete you can't really see it , all she does in reallity is 180 and then the animation go's in reverse making you believe it's rotating.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I also meant to mention (although I have not taken the time to prove this) that half the animation images are the exact opposite which contributes to the illusion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join