It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I still getting laughed at when I tell people that the 9/11 attack was questionable??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Question: How did Bin Laden get Andrews AF Base to stand down and not launch fighter-jet cover for Washington, DC?

I'm sure we'll hear....but, but..they only had 14 jets covering the whole entire US that day. Wait...here it comes...1...2....3.......

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Question: How did Bin Laden get Andrews AF Base to stand down and not launch fighter-jet cover for Washington, DC?

I'm sure we'll hear....but, but..they only had 14 jets covering the whole entire US that day. Wait...here it comes...1...2....3.......

On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes. "They [civilian Air Traffic Control, or ATC] had to pick up the phone and literally dial us," says Maj. Douglas Martin, public affairs officer for NORAD. Boston Center, one of 22 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regional ATC facilities, called NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) three times: at 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked; at 9:21 am to inform the agency, mistakenly, that Flight 11 was headed for Washington (the plane had hit the North Tower 35 minutes earlier); and at 9:41 am to (erroneously) identify Delta Air Lines Flight 1989 from Boston as a possible hijacking. The New York ATC called NEADS at 9:03 am to report that United Flight 175 had been hijacked — the same time the plane slammed into the South Tower. Within minutes of that first call from Boston Center, NEADS scrambled two F-15s from Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and three F-16s from Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. None of the fighters got anywhere near the pirated planes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm sure we'll hear....but, but..thats not true, on 9/11 Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C.
Wait for it....wait for it....almost there....here it comes...1...2....3.......

Well so-and-so said that he heard from someone who saw something that may have indicated that there was a possibility there might be a fact that disproves that, and he would know because he's the Dungeon Master every weekend at the tournaments.........

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes.

So are you saying that NORAD could not do its job or that they were incompetent? extra DIV

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes. They're saying there was a conspiracy to cover up SOMETHING.

So, again I'll ask. Do you believe that everything we have been told is the truth and nothing but the truth? Even when Commission panel members believe they were lied to?

Edit: Or can I start calling you a conspiracy theorist also?

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Griff]

Sure call me whatever you like. I've been called a lot worse then a conspiracy theorist.

My opinion, based on the available facts, I believe the people who were requested to search for answers did so to the best of their ability. Do I think we were told the honest to god, complete, 100 percent, shadow of a doubt truth?? YES/NO
-We were told the truthful facts about the incident.
-I don't think we were told of the F ups by the government that allowed this incident to happen.

I am someone who believes innocent until proven guilty.
If REAL, tangible evidence is shown to dispute that fact, I'll be more then happy to change my opinion.

Right now you're asking me to believe the equivalent of asking me to believe Forest Gump invented the XBOX 360.

I also believe the hardcore people will NEVER believe the real story if the real story is Al Queda was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. No amount of proof will ever be enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes.

So are you saying that NORAD could not do its job or that they were incompetent?

What I'm saying is:

On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes. "They [civilian Air Traffic Control, or ATC] had to pick up the phone and literally dial us," says Maj. Douglas Martin, public affairs officer for NORAD. Boston Center, one of 22 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regional ATC facilities, called NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) three times: at 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked; at 9:21 am to inform the agency, mistakenly, that Flight 11 was headed for Washington (the plane had hit the North Tower 35 minutes earlier); and at 9:41 am to (erroneously) identify Delta Air Lines Flight 1989 from Boston as a possible hijacking. The New York ATC called NEADS at 9:03 am to report that United Flight 175 had been hijacked — the same time the plane slammed into the South Tower. Within minutes of that first call from Boston Center, NEADS scrambled two F-15s from Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and three F-16s from Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. None of the fighters got anywhere near the pirated planes.

Why couldn't ATC find the hijacked flights? When the hijackers turned off the planes' transponders, which broadcast identifying signals, ATC had to search 4500 identical radar blips crisscrossing some of the country's busiest air corridors. And NORAD's sophisticated radar? It ringed the continent, looking outward for threats, not inward. "It was like a doughnut," Martin says. "There was no coverage in the middle." Pre-9/11, flights originating in the States were not seen as threats and NORAD wasn't prepared to track them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Right now you're asking me to believe the equivalent of asking me to believe Forest Gump invented the XBOX 360.

I haven't asked you to believe anything. You can believe what you want as far as I'm concerned. The ones who are really asking you to believe in something are the people who you've placed your faith in. Why would they have to ask for your belief if it was the 100% truth? Ask yourself that before coming here and chastising me for believing something different than yourself.

I also believe the hardcore people will NEVER believe the real story if the real story is Al Queda was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. No amount of proof will ever be enough.

Well, since all the proof has gone poof. I believe you're right.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Why couldn't ATC find the hijacked flights? When the hijackers turned off the planes' transponders, which broadcast identifying signals, ATC had to search 4500 identical radar blips crisscrossing some of the country's busiest air corridors. And NORAD's sophisticated radar? It ringed the continent, looking outward for threats, not inward.

When the transponder is turned off the plane does not vansih, you just do not see the id and information.

Also did the hijackers know where the blind spots in the radar fields were ?

There was a joint ATC and NORAD radar sytem consisting of 40 radars that were on the inside.

www.globalsecurity.org...

The Joint Surveillance System is a network of long range surveillance radars, primarily operated and maintained by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), but providing communication and radar data to both FAA and USAF control centers. The newest long-range search radar in the Joint Surveillance System (JSS) that has recently been fielded is the Air Route Surveillance Radar Model 4 (ARSR-4). Providing air defense and air traffic control for the continental United States, Guam, and Hawaii, forty joint radar sites were installed during the 1992-1995 period.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
GRIFF,

I haven't asked you to believe anything. You can believe what you want as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for afirmation

The ones who are really asking you to believe in something are the people who you've placed your faith in. Why would they have to ask for your belief if it was the 100% truth?

The government has never called me and asked me to believe in anything.

Ask yourself that before coming here and chastising me for believing something different than yourself.

Chastising you??? really? remember your post earlier with the monumental sarcasm?
"I'm sure we'll hear....but, but..they only had 14 jets covering the whole entire US that day. Wait...here it comes...1...2....3......."
Please don't come down on me after posting something like that.

Well, since all the proof has gone poof. I believe you're right.

What a convenient statement to make and clever.
You see you don't need to provide any proof of your statement because your own statement says you can't. At the same time you can tell me I'm wrong and since there is no proof to disprove your statement, I can't prove you are wrong.
I love circular logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Chastising you??? really? remember your post earlier with the monumental sarcasm?
"I'm sure we'll hear....but, but..they only had 14 jets covering the whole entire US that day. Wait...here it comes...1...2....3......."
Please don't come down on me after posting something like that.

Point taken and now I have to laugh. Laughter is good.

I love circular logic.

Isn't it great? It's been used against us "truthers" for some time now.

Edit: BTW, like I said before, my theories are probably closer to yours than you realize. Sometimes I do like to play devil's advocate though. Cheers.

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How can people still believe the official story when so much has been proven to be missing or left out?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
How can people still believe the official story when so much has been proven to be missing or left out?

A good lie starts with some truth to it. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

A good lie starts with some truth to it. Just saying.

Yes, it just seems by now, 6 years later people would have seen the lies by now.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

It takes time my friend. Not everyone is on ATS everyday like we are. If it wasn't for ATS, I'd probably still be totin the official lies.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazman
Why am I still getting laughed at when I tell people that the 9/11 attack was questionable??

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Gazman]

Reality is relative and we're the resultant product of an applied mathematical model, programmed by followers of Satan for power, profit and the destruction of Mother Earth and her star children.

That's my recent take on things anyhow, call me crazy

There is so much sophistry in the air, we don't know whether we're coming or going. A lot of stuff people know, myself very much included, is a load of tosh, so to speak; so when it comes to the events that shape reality...

Just because we have been presented with a narration of said events, does not mean that it is the truth and there are plenty of inconsistencies in the Official Story™ and 'projected future event conveniences' without resorting to 'minute details' to justify further inquiry.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by Ultima 1
There was a joint ATC and NORAD radar sytem consisting of 40 radars that were on the inside.

Can you show us a diagram of the JSS radar sites?

I can. Link (PDF) page 5. Joint Surveillance System that NORAD/FAA shares depicted in maroon.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870

I can. Link (PDF) page 5. Joint Surveillance System that NORAD/FAA shares depicted in maroon.

Wrong link, thats for the FAA registry. How much do you know about the joint radar systems we have? Do you actually think that site shows all the radar that are out there?

You have not told us how the hijackers got a key to the cockpit door yet.

Maybe you can explain why the hijackers knew how to work the transponder and the autopilot but not the radio?

Or how the pilots did not roll the aircraft to keep the hijackers out but the hijackers in flight 93 rolled the aircraft to keep the passengers out who were tyrying to get in.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You're getting laughed at because you believe in an insanely stupid conspiracy theory with no basis in reality. Sorry to break the truth to you.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RR98
You're getting laughed at because you believe in an insanely stupid conspiracy theory with no basis in reality. Sorry to break the truth to you.

Oh you mean like the poeple who still believe in the official story live in a media fed fantasy world? They cannot even provide any evidence to support the official story, how stupid is that?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yes, allot of people in the US seam to want to know what really happen.
I'm not sure what is happening in Australia..it is Questionable, it is a big Question mark

And people need to Question the unexplained, or they will always be in the dark.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RR98

There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning the unexplained. 2 yr olds can do it? so..can't a 22 yr old or 50 yr old. it dose not matter, we all have a right to Question things, we can not just accept a story like " some Arabic guys hijacked a plain and smashed into the towers" no, that is not satisfactory, i need more.

Why cant they FULLY explain what happened that day? why? becouse...? they don't want to? don't know. Maybe.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join