It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I still getting laughed at when I tell people that the 9/11 attack was questionable??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Is it just me or are you getting it as well?? People TO THIS DAY still reckons im a idiot or a nut...
43% of Americans think the government is hiding something... but this doesn't seem like the case in Australia...

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Gazman]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazman
Is it just me or are you getting it as well?? People TO THIS DAY still reckons im a idiot or a nut...
43% of Americans think the government is hiding something... but it doesn't seem like the case in Australia...

Maybe because you're in a fringe minority that thinks that? 43%?? Was that a survey of consipracy theorists or was it taken in Anti-Bush USA?? I know a lot of people and I don't know a single person in real life that thinks the government was involved.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have no numbers at all, but im very, very certain that 9/11 was a inside job. You have hundreds of things not matching up to the official story. The official story is a big joke, filled with impossible events that they claim happened.

Again, I have to link to the 9/11 Coincidences video that really shows most things wrong with 9/11.

Also, just looking at google for a few minutes:

Many Senior Military, Intelligence, and Government
Officials Question 9/11 Commission Report

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OK. I think I may have found the poll to which you're referring. Was it the one by Zogby?

24. Some people believe that the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up. Others say that the 9/11 Commission was a bi-partisan group of honest and well-respected people and that there is no reason they would want to cover-up anything. Who are you more likely to agree with?

US government and 9/11 Commission are NOT covering up 48%
US government and 9/11 Commission are covering up 42
Not sure 10

Both men and women and residents in each of the four regions are more likely to say the U.S. government and 9/11 Commission are not covering up anything. Majorities who agree include Republicans (64%), 50-64 year-olds, married adults, suburbanites (59%), Protestants, those with at least some college education, and people with annual household income of $50,000 or more (57%).

Majorities (50%-56%) of Democrats, 18-29 year-olds, Hispanics, single adults and those who are divorced/widowed/separated, residents of small cities, and adults with less education than a high school diploma believe the government and 9/11 Commission are covering up something. Nearly half of independent voters (48%) agree.

That's quite a group of common thinkers. Looks more like this is a political poll than what it's supposed to be. Let's see, a majority of dems think it's BS...but they hate the Administration. A majority of 18-29 YOs, the age group that is historically anti everything while in their rebel years (not pointing a finger, I did it too). Hispanics...historically democrat. My favorite here is the "adults with less education than a high school diploma" category, LOL. So, the uneducated are on your side too.

On the opposite side we have republicans, our oldest and wisest citizens (50-64), married people, Christians, those who have a diploma and at least some college, and those who have a decent income.

This poll is flawed IMO. This is nothing more than a right vs. left thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dont fear lonely rover..merely express yourself in ways that are not offensive. Humanity is stupid, i dont care how much physics or neuro-science you might know, that doesn't give one common sense, which is what the world lacks, thanks to brainwashing via television, and other devices governemtns have used over the last 60-80 years.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

43% of Americans think the government is hiding something... but this doesn\'t seem like the case in Australia...

You\'re probably getting laughed at because you\'re parroting idiotic, ill-conceived, fabricated myths about 9/11 that defy all common sense and crumble under even the most simple investigations into the actual facts.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

43% of Americans think the government is hiding something... but this doesn't seem like the case in Australia...

Well most people do not want to admit that the government might have done something wrong. They want to live in thier safe little fantasy world.

Its just too bad that the people that still belive in the official story cannot provide any facts or evidence to support the official story.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I live in Canada and when politics,world politics, or Bush comes up it often leads to 9/11.
Not one single person I've talked to thought 19 high jackers with box cutters pulled it off.
The opinions vary but fall into two groups, the LIHOP and the MIHOP.
We just had this discussion last night as a matter of fact.
It's not an anti-American thing at all but Bush being at the helm probably has a lot to do with it since almost all Canadians think he is the worst leader the free world has ever seen. No offense to our American brothers and sisters, we support YOU not your "decider".

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just know that most people are un-informed conforming sheep. Once you accept that, you'll understand why any kind of non mainstream thought is seen as crazy, despite all the evidence to support 'fringe' ideas.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Brainwashing is effective, isn't it? Add that to the fact that most humans are on earth because their souls are young and need a lot of learning. Kiddie school full of kiddies. Don't tell them Santa doesn't exist, they'll get upset and call you an idiot.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You know it is an interesting poll result. I have puzzled over this question as well.

Noam Chomsky (who does not believe in the 911 or JFK conspiracies) has always maintained that the professional class is the most highly indoctrinated group in our society.

These people are busy with their lives and deeply invested emotionally financially and intellectually with the status quo. Going along to get along as they used to say.

I lived through the sixties and Vietnam and I know the last thing I want is to live through that turmoil again! Everything was so polarized. The paranoia level was at an all time high (I think today's paranoia is beginning to equal and possibly surpass that time). Seemed as though everything was relative and up for grabs.

Allot of people associate 911 conspiracies with the unrealistic idealism of the past. It is just a gut reaction...many people are suspect of the official conspiracy theory...but it is simply not discussed in polite conversation. Hence the heavy societal pressure to conform or risk losing your place in that society.

You know the last thing I want to do is "burn tha mutha down" as they used to say. Like many citizens I love my country and my community and I just want to work and be with my family and friends. However 911 just keeps nagging at me...simply because EVERYTHING about it STINKS and that pisses me off!

Hell Kean and Hamilton admit in their book that they believe they were lied to regarding the facts!!...and yet we just go on because we don't want the conspiracy to be true, it's just too much...it will ask too much of us to know this as fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The biggest thing of all. Do not show anyone who believes the official 9/11 story any facts and evidence that are differnet then what they believe, they will get very upset.

Second. Do not ask them to provide evidence to support the official story it will only make them more upset, and say that its up to you to provide evidence.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
See, the thing that did it for me, was my first viewing of loose change. The creator of that video distorted facts, selectively left out facts when they disproved his point, and outright lied on a few occasions.

I remember maybe 6 months back, a newer version was going around the office. A few people were watching it and were really convinced that this great conspiracy was going on. I don't remember the exact scene in the movie, but one particular video was selectively edited so that the comment was completely out of context. I pulled one of the viewers over and showed him the context surrounding the comment and his reaction was "they cut the video off right there because it disproved their point? What a crock of .... This is crap." and that was the end of that.

If you want to be taken seriously, step 1 is to honestly confront the facts at hand instead of lying and pulling things out of context to try to prove a point. Then you get all of these wacked out theories like holographic planes, the idea that there weren't planes at all even though hundreds of people saw them, etc. IMO, it's a bunch of crap, I respect your right to think differently though.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
If you want to be taken seriously,

If you want to be taken serioiusly please provide any actaul facts, evidence or official reports to show why you still belive the official story.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

See, the thing that did it for me, was my first viewing of loose change. The creator of that video distorted facts, selectively left out facts when they disproved his point, and outright lied on a few occasions.

I remember maybe 6 months back, a newer version was going around the office. A few people were watching it and were really convinced that this great conspiracy was going on. I don't remember the exact scene in the movie, but one particular video was selectively edited so that the comment was completely out of context. I pulled one of the viewers over and showed him the context surrounding the comment and his reaction was "they cut the video off right there because it disproved their point? What a crock of .... This is crap." and that was the end of that.

If you want to be taken seriously, step 1 is to honestly confront the facts at hand instead of lying and pulling things out of context to try to prove a point. Then you get all of these wacked out theories like holographic planes, the idea that there weren't planes at all even though hundreds of people saw them, etc. IMO, it's a bunch of crap, I respect your right to think differently though.

Firstly what bit are they taking out of contexted?

Secondly your going to wipe the whole slate clean just because one aspect may have/have not been taking out of contaex, are you kidding me?

And i dont know why you had to mention the holograms, when anyone with a logical brain can figure out "whats the best way to harm this truth movemnt" - oh i know we will make them out to be crazy and discredit them. **PEOPLE THEY USED REAL PLANES ON THE TOWERS**

Its all about discrediting parts of the evidence so soon people will think its all a load of crap, well it isnt! The officaial storry is the biggest lie ive ever heard and there are 100's uppon 100's of solid, credible peices of evidence to show you what they are saying is all one big lie.
Please keep a logical mind and understnad its so much more simple than people are making it out to be. the facts are in plain sight!!

Noone pretends to know all the answers but we all want one thing and that a propper investigation and some real hard answers to our real honest questions.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by Matthew5012]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I know a lot of people and I don't know a single person in real life that thinks the government was involved.

No offense. But then you must not know many informed individuals.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hell.....my bad...

Educated, married, christian, white male here. On top of that, I was at the base of the Towers that day, although not inside. My job was 3 blocks away. An equity trader at that time. Sorry, but I was never interviewed for any "documentaries" concerning 9-11. I lost many friends and a lot of colleagues that day. I often weent to meetings in those buildings. Have spent hundreds of hours there. How come I have never been asked to speak at any of the "truthers" protests? On the other hand.....any of those so-called "truthers" in the building that day? at the building that day? in NY City that day? Sorry, but even the family members of the "truthers" don't qualify to give opinion in documentaries unless they were there. Granted, I did not witness the first plane hitting, but I did hear the explosion, just 1 explosion. I did hear the soaring engines of the second plane, did look up in time, and did see a PLANE hit building 2. No one on the face of this planet, could possible debunk this for me. I am sorry, there is no evidence that can change what I saw. I did not form an opinion after watching the news, I saw, along with hundreds of other people at the base that day, a PLANE hit the 2nd building.

Go ahead, people, tear me apart for what I say. Doesn't matter, nothing can hurt as much as I went through that day. How many of you had to walk 70 blocks covered in ash and soot to get the 59th street bridge and then walk across that to get to Long Island, only to look downtown and see where you work with a DARK CLOUD OF DEATH covering it.

Sorry, but the more of the 9-11 postings I read, the more I want to stop coming to ATS. I love the debate and love finding all the interesting articles, but I really can;t deal with this stuff anymore. I see the thread headline and feel I need to read what is written, then I feel compelled to answer.

Any way ATS can filter threads out for certain members? Maybe we can set things up our own way, kind of like net-nanny or something? Sorry, just a question.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

On the opposite side we have republicans, our oldest and wisest citizens (50-64), married people, Christians, those who have a diploma and at least some college, and those who have a decent income.

Really? I'd have to say it's the other way around. The ignorant are the ones who don't believe involvement of the government to some degree. Speaking of degrees, I have one, have voted republican, could be considered Christian and make a decent income. I believe the government had some kind of involvement.

This poll is flawed IMO. This is nothing more than a right vs. left thing.

I'll agree with you here.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert z
You\'re probably getting laughed at because you\'re parroting idiotic, ill-conceived, fabricated myths about 9/11 that defy all common sense and crumble under even the most simple investigations into the actual facts.

You mean the 9/11 Commission? Or the FEMA, NIST and Silverstein reports?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If you want to be taken seriously, step 1 is to honestly confront the facts at hand instead of lying and pulling things out of context to try to prove a point.

Maybe you should tell that to hmmm....say NIST. How about ANYTHING that our government says anymore?

I find it hillarious (not really) that the same people who believe the official conspiracy theory are the same people who will say "yeah, pollotitions lie, so what" or something like that.

Can you honestly say, BlueTriangle, that EVERY single thing we have been told of 9/11 is accurate and true?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join