It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Equals Four

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
believe it or not everything does Equal four!

Okay, to start this thing off, the only reason I have this account is for this theory. My boyfriend kind of made me make it. My theory is, everything equals four. For instance, choose one word, Any word in the English dictionary, and it will be broken down into the number four. Here lets take for example:
ROSWELL

well Roswell has seven letters in it,

SEVEN

Seven, has five letters in it,

FIVE

Five, Has four in it,
and for all who can count they know that four has four letters in it. I have yet to find a word in ANY dictionary that does not equal four. So I what would probably be more acurate, the "world" equals four. Even in words that don't really even exist, like Supercalifragilisticexpyalidocious, that word that came from the childrens movie "mary Poppins" Can be broken down into four.

Supercalifragilisticexpyalidocious,

That equals thirty-three, by getting this I just added the letters in the word itself.

Thirty-three,

That equals Eleven, Wow, here we go, we are getting smaller and smaller.

Eleven,

Eleven has six in the word.

Six,

six has three, and just because the number of letters in the word got bigger doesn't mean that it still won't equal four. Just watch and learn.

Three,

Three has five letters in it, and we all know how many letters "five" has in it. There again, I have proven that, it doesn't matter how big or even small the word. Anything you choose I will make equal Four, there is no problem in that. As long as you can lount and you can spell correctly, you will inevitably come out the same answer all the time, which is four.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hobbies are good but some arent

what does 4 equal?

you are getting to the number 4 but what does 4 in itself mean?

hmmmm

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
hahaha i actually kinda liked this thread...

nice heads up thinking.. way to use your head..

now lets see if we can get somewhere with this..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So let me work one out..........

How about the word "on". Just a "two" letter word.

"two" has "three" letters,

"three" has "five" letters,

and "five" has FOUR

This is a great.
Nice one sharati, thanks for sharing this with us and welcome.

I'm going to contemplate this for quite some time I'm sure. I think there might even be one of those "think of a number" pranks to be had.

I wonder how this works in foreign languages?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Awesome thread, deffinately flagged.

I have to see what everyone makes of this, I have no input myself at the moment but I assure you I will be thinking hard about it, and be back when I have something.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This seems like some sort of trick, I think it works because four has 4 letters. It's the only number that has an equal number of letters to its own numerical value, so there is no where to go after four.

Great post

[edit on 10/1/07 by AcesInTheHole]

[edit on 10/1/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is quite simply happenstance that this works. It is indeed impossible to find a word that does not 'equal' four, as in the English language the words for numbers all have a set number of characters.

From twenty letters per word downwards:

twenty > six > three > five > four
nineteen > eight > five > four
eighteen > eight > five > four
seventeen > nine > four
sixteen > seven > five > four
fiveteen > eight > five > four
fourteen > eight > five > four
thirteen > eight > five > four
twelve > six > three > five > four
eleven > six > three > five > four
ten > three > five > four
nine > four
eight > five > four
seven > five > four
six > three > five > four
five > four
four > four
three > five > four
two > three > five > four
one > three > five > four

So it is impossible to find a word that does not break down to four.

But if you were to travel outside the Anglesphere, then this little trick fails to work. I'm sure there are many French, Russian and German speakers on these boards. Let's see this work in their language. And if it doesn't, then everything doesn't equal four.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'll have two beers and two shots here barkeep. Pi is the answer to what we seek.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OK Mr. Fancy Pants...I think I got ya.

Zero is a number, so don't argue with me on this.

Zero.......has.....4....letters..........Daisy....Daisy...

Third one down...sorry....couldn't direct link.
www.palantir.net...

This is spooooooky. Great post...a star...a flag...a salute from me.

regards...kk

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
okay, not to be a fun ruiner but i'm going to add a little paranormal to the mix.

the other day i was meditating and when i was coming to i kept hearing over and over... the number is four. the number is four. tell them it is four. the number is four.

i just blew it off because i always thought "the" number was five and had no idea why i was getting that message. i still don't know but your post topic reminded me of it. just thought i would share.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I guess in French, everything would equal 5 then (cinq = 5, quatre = 4). Or maybe you'd just a race condition flipping violently back and forth from 4 to 5 and back.

Interesting I guess but I don't really see any useful meaning to this.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mi Amigos, In español por favor,

(1)Uno=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(2)Dos=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(3)Tres=(4)Quatro=FIVE LETTERS

Lo siento, el gusto is mio….( Sorry...the pleasure is mine.)

Those Spanish....they have a different word for everything. So in English, you have a point, in Spanish....nada....sorry.

BTW, I live in Florida. If you can't speak basic Spanish and want a Burrito and decent Cerveza, you'll end up with a burnt burger and Budweiser. Yuck. Helps for counting change.

Wow...so am I a debunker? I hope not, I despise those people!

I want my Star back.

regards..kk

[edit on 1-10-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Everthing equals nothing. Nothing equals everything.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Oooopppsss My above post was incorrect. It should have read:

(1)Uno=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(2)Dos=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(3)Tres=(4)Quatro=SIX LETTERS ( 6 = Seis = FOUR LETTERS )
(4)Quatro=(6)Seis = FOUR LETTERS
(5)Cinco=(5)Cinco = FIVE LETTERS

So in Spanish, no dice. Must have been the cervezas.

regards....kk

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sharati

I hope you don't believe this means something, of course this is bound to happen I mean there isn't even a set a rules so all these are random and really are of no more significance than drawing a 50 digit number for nothing. But good work to find even just to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
As I said in the beginning when I wrote this piece of information, I only wrote this because my boyfriend wanted me to. I really didn't know anything about this site. I have found a lot of different things that do equal four. I have been contemplating this for years... I guess, to the people who wrote in spanish, and french, for even the numbers that you are right, but if you broke down everything in in english... It doesn't matter what language it is... You will still get "four". As for the person who asked me if I thought this actually meant something. I am not sure what it means, I have just been doing stuff like this since I were a very small child. Again, I have no real interest in what goes on here, I have never even heard of this site before a couple of weeks ago, and personally I think that it is basically a huge conspiracy site. Some of the things written on here are quite interesting, but, like I said, I wouldn't have even made this account if it weren't for my boyfriend. He just thought that my figuring on the words and them ending up as the number "4" was very different. He figured it might be something different for the world to see.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Law of Fives, ITT.

The Law of Fives states simply that: all things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5.

Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016

HOWEVER

"I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

Having messed around a bit in my foolish youth, I found the Law of Fives to be quite true. Along with the Law of Threes, the Law of Sevens and the Law of Nineteens (that one took a lot of work) and Law of 25's.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm also a believer in the Law of Fives. My whole life I've been followed (haunted) by the number 108-- addresses, telephone numbers, DL numbers...all kinds of instances where it came up. Anyway, being a believer in 5's, I tried to fit 108 into 5 somehow and here's what I came up with:
If you reduce 108 numerologically 1+0+8 you get 9.
Fives: 5=5,14=5,23=5,32=5,41=5,50..... if you notice, the division between each of those numbers is 9!

Interesting I thought, although maybe it's nothing. But another thing that's intriguing is that 108 has religious signifigance in Hindu and Buddhism. en.wikipedia.org...(number)

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is interesting to think about but there is little to no significance whatsoever. Why? Because its an anomaly of the English language. Also, your talking about apples and oranges. Math is constant, numbers are constant. 1+1 is always 2. Yes is three letters in English, 2 letters in Spanish. Words have nothing to math. However, Math is a language within itself.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
esoterically speaking,

4 is the number of the physical world with its 4 elements as displayed by the pentragramm, whereas 5 adds the spiritual dimension to it and makes a complete universe, as depicted in the five-pointed-star. a conspiracy-theorist would now say "so the english language is meant to keep us in bondage to the physical world".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join