It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Equals Four

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Okay, it worked with that word.. but now its my turn...

and I think I just had an aneurism trying to debunk this.. you might just be right

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

See, I believe that any word in the english dictionary can be broken down into four. Even the letter "A"... trust me and Watch

A

One

Three

Five

Four

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Check this out.. longest recognized English word:
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Breaks down to 4

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Yes, I know what happens, it is impossible to not break an english word down to 4

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's a matter of numbers, there isnt a single number that doesnt break down to 4.

onehundred

twothousand

onetrillion

twobillion

twentythousand

onehundredtwentytrillion

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't get what the big facination with this is.

The only reason they all stop at four is because four is the only number equal to it's number of letters. Hence, you are going to always have to stop at four. It's a very simple explaination.

What is the big deal here? Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sharati

Hi,
It's nearly 11.05pm in Hastings and I think you should go to bed with that boyfriend of yours and have a good time.

Now let me explain that comment.
You're new to ATS but I hope you stay here for a long time.
I made a mistake a little while ago and accidently ventured into BTS.
Found myself reading all through some thread about religion and sinning and not having fun and my brain nearly died.
Luckily, I had just enough strength to make it back to ATS and happened upon your thread.
It got my brain thinking again and I thank you for saving it!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I also don't get the fascination.. if the word"four" was spelled like the word "for", then it would not work..

Anyway, lets do it auf Deutsch! Four=vier.

einundzwanzig(21) > dreizehn > acht > vier
zwanzig(20) > sieben > sechs > fünf > vier
neunzehn(19) > acht > vier
achtzehn(18) > acht > vier
siebzehn(17) > acht > vier
sechzehn(16) > acht > vier
fünfzehn(15) > acht > vier
vierzehn(14) > acht > vier
dreizehn(13) > acht > vier
zwölf(12) > funf > vier
elf(11) > drei > vier
zehn(10) > vier
neun(9) > vier
acht(8) > vier
sieben(7) > sechs > fünf > vier
sechs(6) > fünf > vier
fünf(5) > vier
vier(4) > vier
drei(3) > vier
zwei(2) > vier
eins(1) > vier

Checks out!

But again, if "vier" had few or more letters it wouldn't work.

Also, i do believe if the word "three" had three letters or the word "five" had five letters in it, the same thing would happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's just a coincidence, it does not work in every language, as has been demonstrated. If this was to work for every written language, then maybe you'd be onto something, this is simply a quirk of the english language, no more, But thank you for bringing this quirk to my attention, I was not aware of it and find it interesting, even if it has no baring on anything. Thank you for your thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Geez. This is really amazing. Even more amazing is that each word can broken into one as well.

Take "debase" for example. It has six letters. If you assign numbers to each letter(a=1) you get 36. The square root of 36 is 6. Divide six by the six letters in "debase" and you get one. You can make this work for every word.

I think this is a very important discovery and will change mankind forever.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is super cool

maybe everything is like the matrix or something and four is just the prime number... lets try foriegn
spanish

ka'pasa
ka'pasa has six letters

six has three

three has four

french

bonjour

bonjour has seven

seven has five

five has four

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I don't get what the big facination with this is.

The only reason they all stop at four is because four is the only number equal to it's number of letters. Hence, you are going to always have to stop at four. It's a very simple explaination.

What is the big deal here? Am I missing something?

You hit upon it.
It's one of those weird quirks with the combination of the English language/Arabic numeral system. It's very like those magician tricks in which you take various names/birthdates/social security numbers, etc. and reduce them to "X". With a little math knowledge and some clever reckoning you can get the number you want, every time.
It's still sorta cool though and makes great fun at parties. I think I might use this the next time I have a get together...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by passenger]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
dam the size of my manmeat equals four

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
got this from a numerology site, ok so everything is four but is the supposed meaning of 4. to numerology

Four (4)
Four is the 4th dimension = time which is illusion.
Four is seen as the first solid number. Spatial in scheme or order in manifestation.
Static as opposed to the circular and the dynamic
Wholeness; totality; completion; solid
Earth; order
Rational - relativity and justice
Symbol of measurement
Foundation

The are four cardinal points; four seasons; four winds; four directions (as in North, South, East, West); four elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) in the western culture.

There are four sides to a square; four arms to a cross. There are four rivers to Paradise, that formed a cross (the Garden of Eden was said to be within the four rivers). Within Paradise were four infernal regions, seas, and sacred mountains. There are four watches of the night and day, quarters of the moon. There are four quarters to the earth. There are four tetramorphs. The Divine Quaternity is in direct contrast to the Trinity. Four is a symbolic number used throughout in the Old Testament. The quaternary can be depicted as the quatrefoil as well as the square and the cross.

Cultural References
Native American: As in other cultures, ceremonies and ritual acts are repeated in fours. The Native Amercican cultures have used the number 4 most frequently as in the four cardinal directions. The four winds are depicted by the symbol of the cross and by the symbol of the swastika. The swastika as some misbelieve was not created by Hitler. It was instead borrowed from the Native American and occult beliefs of which Hitler had great interests. Hitler derived his "insanity" of power from his misdirected interpretation and use of metaphysical principles. He used knowledge that his human consciousness couldn't possibly understand and the use of this knowledge for personal gain is part of the imbalance that creates the chaos and karma.

Buddhism: The Damba Tree of Life has four limbs and from its roots four sacred streams of Paradise that represent the the four boundless wishes of compassion, affection, love impartiality. It also represents the four directions of the heart as well.

Chinese Buddism: there are four celestial guardians of cardinal points are Mo-li Ch'ing, the East, with the jade ring and spear; Virupaksha, the West, the Far-gazer, with the four-stringed quitar; Virudhaka, the South, with the umbrella of choas and darkness and earthquakes; Vaisravenna, the North, with the whips, leopard-skin bag, snake and pearl.

Chinese: Four is the number of the Earth, symbolized by the square. There are four streams of immortality. Four is even an number. It is Yin in polarity.

Christian: Four is the number representing the body, with three representing the soul. Again we see the theme of the four rivers in Paradise. There are four Gospels, Evangelists, chef arch-angels, chef-devils, four Fathers of the Church, Great Prophets. There are four cardinal virtues--prudence, fortitude, justice, temperance. The are four winds from which the One Spirit is said to come. There are four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Revelation: There four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth, holding back the four winds of the earth (Rev 7:1). The great multitude from every nation, tribe, people and language (four-fold description) - Rev 5:9 11:9 13:7 14:6 the four-fold description indicates that these people come from all over the earth.

Egyptian: Four is the sacred number of Time, measurement of the sun. Four pillars support the vault of heaven. There are four canopic jars placed around the dead at the four corners guarded by the four sons of Horus who are associated with the cardinal points. In the Hermetic it is the divine quaternity. It represents God.

Gnostic: belief in Barbelo, the Four-ness of God.

Greek: Four is the sacred number of Hermes.

Hebrew: Four represents measuring; beneficence; intelligence. In the Kabbalah four is memory; four represents the four worlds of the Kabbalah.It also represents the four directions of space and the four levels of the hierarchical organism of the Torah.

Hindu: Four is Totality; plenitude; perfection. Brahma, the Creator is four faced. The temple is based on the four sides of the square, symbolizing order and finality. There are four tattvas the four bodies bodies of human and kingdoms of nature which are animal, vegetable, mineral, mind. There are four yugas. Four is the winning throw of the dice. There are four castes and pairs of opposites.

Islamic: tradition the four terms of the quaternary are the Principle which is Creator; Universal Spirit; Universal Soul; and the primordial matter. These correspond to the four worlds of Kabbalism. There are four angelic beings and four houses of death. There are four levels to the Bardo.

Mayan culture four giants support the celestial roof. Four is seen as the number of support .

Pythagorean: Four is Perfection; harmonious proportion; justice; the earth. Four is the number of the Pythagorean oath. Four and ten are divinities. The Tetraktys 1+2+3+4=10.

Scandinavian: there are four rivers of milk flowing in Asgard.

Sumero-Semitic: Four astral gods are indentified with the four cardinal points.

Teutonic: four dwarfs support the world.

Taoist: There are four celestial guardians, Li, with the pagoda; Ma, with the sword; Cho with two swords; Wen with a spiked club.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Someone must have been watching too many movies recently? "The number 23" a new release that came out on July 24th.

The plot was based around how all incidences where based on and broken down into the number 23.

But an intersting theory.. might do some reasearch into it.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I always thought my birthday was interesting. April 13/76
April = 4
13= 1+3=4
76=7+6=13=1+3=4

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by miss.terious

That is awesome

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Everythign will equal four if you keep obsessing over it or even looking at it in depth.

So 2+2=4

Wow didnt see that coming

So does 2+1 and 2+3 =4

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

that it will, and I am happy that I thought of it

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
haha that's cool, its a bit like the fact that you can't fold a piece of paper more than 6 times... in any language!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join