It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Creatures In Space!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by supervortex2004
Although this will only hurt my stace the subject, there would also not be a way to verbally comunicate in the vaccuum of space, since sound cannot travel in a vaccuum, even though there are recorded sounds from Jupiter, so this may actually help my stance. Being that, like it has been said, there is so much that we DON'T know about space. Scientifically, light can also not travel through a vaccuum, but, we see the sun every day. Heat can't travel though it either, but, we're not popsicles. So, there are conditions in space that allow certain things to contradict scientific discoveries.

Temperature is basically an interaction between elements. Light can of course travel in space but you propably put the emphasis on the word travelling. It doesn't travel, it is no alive and is shoot as a combination of a particle and wave worm. As long as waveform doesn't lose energy when travelling, it does continue to move forwards. It cannot also change direction, which is basically an absolute must for a life in vacuum of space.

edit: forgot to say something:

Light does lose energy when travelling as red shift does exist. Therefore it doesn't always reach its destination as visible light.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by rawsom]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I may sound like a mystic to some, but no I'm simply an observer. And if you just observe what's around you a little closer, you'll start to see things that will blow your mind. There are all sorts of creatures living in the sky beyond our narrow viewpoint.
We've only been scientifically evolving for a few centuries now, so in my point of view, everything could change. All of our scientific knowledge we have now will probably become obsolete once we are able to observe a whole new paradigm of reality. The mystics and philosophers out there already know what science has yet to prove. In my opinion, science is flawed in that fringe theories that don't fit within mainstream science's view are always villified without proof to back up scientists' self-assuredness on the subject. Fringe theories are guilty until proven innocent. Shouldn't we be fair and give theories at least the same respect that we give criminals, and let them be innocent until proven guilty? Until there is evidence that denies the existance of exotic lifeforms outside of our current view of what life is, let's keep the subject wide open for debate. The is more evidence at this point proving the existence of these exotic lifeforms than there is denying them... so the skeptics and "scientists" really should be looking at that, instead of trying to tear these theories apart with close minded arguments that, given the weight of what we don't know against what we do know, would lose.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

I agree with you about being open to new ideas and areas of investigation. That is what science does. It is probable that there are some scientists who defend their territory with less than 100% scientific integrity. However, scientific enquiry is (or should be) open to new ideas and changing theories on the strength of one thing and one thing only: evidence. Testable, experimental objective evidence. I disagree with your comment that there is plenty of evidence of strange life forms in our atmosphere or on the fringes of space (or wherever you meant) that warrant further investigation by science. There simply isn't evidence. Until there is, it is far more productive to concentrate on areas such as deep in the oceans, where there is evidence of intriguing forms of life that warrant further investigation which may alter what we understand about life on Earth.

It's a fallacy to presume we don't know that things don't exist for sure therefore they should take precedence over research into things which we know exist but don't fully understand.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Skunky]

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Skunky]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I guess it depends what you call evidence. Have we captured one of these creatures yet? No. But in the same breath, I don't think there's been any well funded serious research into the subject that we know about, and until there is, there will be no satisfactory evidence for most people. I'd be interested in what a well funded HONEST investigation on these creatures would come up with, because I've seen these guys before flying around. A lot of them are invisible to the naked eye, but I guess either I've just snapped and suddenly started having giant hallucinations, or I'm tuning into and seeing a real phenomenon. I believe, based upon my own experience, that if you get a little more in tune with yourself/ your surroundings, you can willfully focus up in the sky and see the air teeming with little lifeforms. It's crazy. At dawn and dusk, you can focus your mind's eye combined with your physical eyes, and you can literally see billions of little fly-type creatures that glow neon blue, and they are everywhere! Life is a mystery we can't even begin to understand in a modern conventional sense. It's just not possible. Evidence is a hard thing to come by when dealing with objects/lifeforms that are mostly beyond our physically measureable spectrum. I don't know what, then, will satisfy some skeptics, and even some people who want to believe, because you have the wrong idea of what evidence is. It's not always a physical, photographable, measurable thing...at least not with our mainstream scientific capabilities. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Think outside the box more, do some meditation, get in tune with yourself and your surroundings a little more, and you'll find your own personal evidence. These things exist. Don't take my word for it, but hey who knows? maybe some bright scientist out there will figure out a way to measure this... I dunno. Until then, keep thinking outside the box, and hopefully, you'll find your own evidence.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The first pic looks just like a grasshopper. LOL.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
But, once more, what I find more difficult is moving, there is only one way of moving in vacuum or near vacuum, and that is send some matter in the opposite direction to which we want to move. Loosing matter is not an efficient method of moving, especially if we can not eat.

Why should it lose matter? It could be having the properties and behavior of a solar sail. Propulsion by means of the solar wind. Like a yacht.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The problem is that the solar wind has only one fixed direction, out of the solar system.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Guy
Life in open space is not possible.
No food, no warmth, no way to move in the desired direction.

Lots of food they feed off plasma hence the brighter glow after 'feeding'

There is no warmth or cold in space just the radiation of the sun... the same sun that generates heat on Earth and on the Hull of a space craft... but I suspect these 'critters' are energy beings..

Well they do just fine changing speed and direction in the Tether film and the NASA photographer zooms out to follow one... same as in the storm video

Originally posted by The_Guy
There are many objects orbiting around our planet.
The majority of them being "space junk" - debris left from satellites, shuffles and what not.

Space Junk and Debris do not change direction....

[edit on 7-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mikesingh
Good God almighty! Did you notice that UFO hover above the storm as if to draw some sort of plasma energy from it?

Draw plasma energy yes... spaceships no... what those images show are "critters" That video is on my critter page and the narrator even mentions that.

NASA knows about them... That film is taken in infrared they are not 'cloaked' they exist just outside the normal light spectrum... but can be seen by the naked eye after 'feeding' You can spot them near thunderstorms you can find them with IR cameras

They were first identified in the fifties..

NASA photographer follows and zooms in on one in that video.... same as the STS 75 tether incident...

Here is one from a NASA video Its six captures... look at the edges you will see they change shape like an amoeba from frame to frame

They have intelligence.... they are harmless.... they exist in and out of the atmosphere... and NASA knows about them and records them

CRITTERS

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The problem is that the solar wind has only one fixed direction, out of the solar system.

Not that I believe they use solar wind to move, but how is one directional wind a problem? You have obviously never sailed into a head wind before

And space is not empty... even Plato knew that... perhaps they merely 'swim' in the aether

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
Light does lose energy when travelling as red shift does exist. Therefore it doesn't always reach its destination as visible light.

If it did that Hubble would not see the light of galaxies billions of light years away in space and hence billions of years in the past

Space is not empty. We are on the verge of rediscovering the Aether and Zero point energy...

If the 'critters' let us

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Not that I believe they use solar wind to move, but how is one directional wind a problem? You have obviously never sailed into a head wind before
Never, the only occasions where I was inside a boat was when traveling in the ferry that connects Lisbon to Almada. But I think that sailing with a head wind is only possible because of the stonger force of the water against the boat that makes it "stick" more to the water than to the wind.

A closer approximation would be a glider flying against the wind.

And space is not empty... even Plato knew that... perhaps they merely 'swim' in the aether
If aether really exists then, if those "critters" really exist, maybe they swin in it.

Or they move like clams, pumping the aether through their bodies.

But I don't think they are "critters", just out of focus bright objects, like this one.

And no, that was not an orb or a UFO, just a out of focus light from an airplane.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Geee.. That's why I said, 'Like a yacht'! You can sail against the wind by a good tack!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But that is a totally false analogy.
When you sail a boat close to the wind, you have a Keel to hold the boat against the force of the wind causing lift on the sail.

www.physclips.unsw.edu.au...

In space there is NO counter force (the water on earth) hence it would be totally impossible to move towards the sun or any angle close to it.
You couldnt 'tack at all. The only direction would be away from the sun.

End of Zorgon's idea.

[edit on 7/10/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Oh darn! How didn't I think of that?

OK. So there could be some other sort of esoteric propulsion that we're unaware of. We don't know EVERYTHING do we? Lol!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But I don't think they are "critters", just out of focus bright objects, like this one.

Well THIS one is behind the Tether at 81 nautical miles away from the camera

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by supervortex2004Ever hear of a Water Bear?

No I haven't! Given the stats you just posted these little 'critters' would do just fine on Mars

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
[edit on 7-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,
about the Tether (is clear that the object passes BEHIND IT)
i have a question: what's exactly the object in the last pic you posted? I mean, i know that the tether should be like a cable 20+ km long: but the object that we see there and in the video does not look to be a cable: what is it (or, better, what part)? Thank you.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
here is my question about the tether incident. is this the thickness of the tether? sorry about the picture size.

and if it is then what does that say about the size of the objects? sorry for going off topic mike.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join