It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
i think the clue "follow the yellow brick road" was a mention to a street in new york.

I think Dave Rabbit said it best when he said ignore the clues coming from non-amigos .

Originally posted by JSR

then the clue "number 5 number 5 ect..." was a clue to an address or something.

not a clue to an address. The Beatles put 2 songs about revolution on the white albume. one, had the lyrics "so you say you want a revolution..." the other was a cacophonous trip with the words Number 9 repeated over and over. I changed it to Number 5 for laughs.

nothing more to it than Crakeur rewriting Revolution #9.

Originally posted by JSR

im getting lost here......

Blind Faith's Can't Find My Way Home comes to mind.

For the record, Dave's comment about whom to follow is partially correct. Red Herrings abound but some of the non-amigo posts have some merit.

I'll give you a hint.

told you about the donkey and Springer-man,
You know that we're as close as can be-man.
Well here's another clue for you all,
The Donkey is(not) Skeptic Overlawd..

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm thinking that SO's last clue was a cryptogram and not an anagram due to the way the word's are structured. I could be wrong as SO usually throws out anagrams but just looking at the sentence structure and the word structure, thats the conclusion I come to.

I'll spend some time today looking for a solution, I'm OK at solving them usually.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was that it's not an anagram, it's a cryptogram. If I'm right, we just need to figure out the code to get the right letters. Has anyone else tried that yet? I'll print it out and see if I can't figure it out today.

Oops, didn't see the post above me since I didn't read the last page yet!
So I agree, it could be a cryptogram. That'll teach me not to read all the posts before posting!

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ON Nov5th ATS launches "Wecast" its in interactive video hosting part of the site where people can upload there videos (ones they made) and be live online to debate and discuss there video ........

what do i win

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This isn't a clue - I am clueless as always...

Just encouragement and and a thought I just had about this thread and the idea of digital dynamite:

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one.
A. J. Liebling

What is the printing press of the new millenium?

The ink jet printer! Printers for everyone!

Viva la Revolution!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I'm thinking that SO's last clue was a cryptogram and not an anagram due to the way the word's are structured.

I could be very wrong, but I don't think it's a cryptogram. Not one of those ciphers where A=F, for example.

I think it's likely an anagram, but more complex than an "each word is jumbled individually" anagram. I think the whole thing is jumbled together, not individual words. That's why it gives the appearance of not being an anagram, because you can't "unscramble" the individual words.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 10/8/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Just been playing with the riddle for about a half hour or so. Think I made a small step forward...

"You See But It Thinks It Be" is the first part I got. Right track or not, Mr moderator?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I'm trying to look through anagrams of the all the letters as a whole. I found a site where you can enter very long words into, but this is gonna take awhile. If anyone wants to try it out here's the link

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That was my other train of thought but not the whole clue being mixed as one but each section, separated by the commas, being an individual anagram. If that makes sense.

Also what font is the clue written in? That may give some hint to the answer to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Based upon applause to my above post, I think I'm on the right track. And based upon my ability and time constraints, I don't think I've got much chance to solve it.

I'd lay out a grid with _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ etc then throw all the letters into a slush pile & start pluggin.

From the format, I'd guess it's a quote with the last word being the author.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Aha. So it's SkepticOverlord Sudoku. With words.

I'm not so good at that kind of anagram. Maybe I'll have a bash at it later tonight after the kids are in bed.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You can also try solving the cryptogram using this applet here, might be a little easier.

www.esg.montana.edu...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
you know ...all this stuff for us new guys is "blah blah blah, game, blah blah, clues, blah blah blah"
poor etiquette to hold private conversations in public. maybe someone should clue in us lowly new guys who weren't around last time you held one of these contests.. or not

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

If you read the thread from the beginning, you will then know just as much as the rest of us know about this. If your confused don't worry, your not alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
maybe someone should clue in us lowly new guys who weren't around last time you held one of these contests.. or not

Okay, here's the skinny. Something BIG is going down the 5th of November, and the Revolution will not be televised.

Does that help any?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

I don't think any of us is all that sure. Skeptic Overlord made a post (see above) that's scrambled, jumbled, or otherwise coded. We don't KNOW if it's an anagram or cryptogram or some combination thereof (assuming it's not a red herring jumble of nonsense signifying nothing - which would be out of character and highly unusual).

I think it's an anagram.

So now you know what I know. Which ain't much.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From the anagram I have come up with evolution, novemebr , fifth. These words I think will be included, I have a few more but not sure about them.

Here's the whole scramble written out so you can copy and paste it if need be.

dollnean-ngcniualcy evo, evoui shleeiog

cnteint itdntion, crotea ayald bpisgni

esstefmnf.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
the question is, what is going to be on that link on 11/5? what is this revolution we speak of? what is SO saying in that anagram? Tune in on 11/5 to find out.

or you can play along with the other members and try and figure out the riddles. There's no website to win (like games past). Just advance knowledge of the coming revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join