It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 130
<< 127  128  129   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hows this

Skeptic Overlord, is this guy Jeff?

His height matches, his facial features seem to match, a match of industry that he is in, hair matches, ear matches, ratio of distances in face seem to be a match.

I am a little unsure of the nose...

Left picture from ATS event, right from a past speech.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh Poo!

I had to miss it! I'll wait for the re-feed later.
Family emergency always happen in clusters. I had no less than 3 bad news things today. I got up at 12 and they where waiting.

Impreza gave a link he found from an old search he did for images. I saw it just before I was sacking out. I went there and hit a jackpot of NASA images few have seen. I thought I would find the missing images. But not all. I will put them up in the user-generated content to beta the ATS apps. Some are very interesting, like fuselage scrap in lunar orbit? Very strange.

Lunar orbit junk

So I was up until 6AM this morning taking some of the 1500 images down. I only got 477 and some sound files and launch movies, but some of the most beautiful Earth from Moon orbit shots ever in high resolution. My work is in the NASA visual library and I have been all over it, but never seen these. Way more images there including shots of the astronauts by the astronauts with the Hasselblad 2.5 they had.

I had a feeling I should just start downloading one by one without a snaker. Good thing I did, but lost sleep.

Then this morning they took down all the files except the three. Probably I spoiled it. All public domain though.

I hope I can stay awake to see the party. Woo Hooooozzzzzzzzzzz....

ZG

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I tried to say up to watch the live feed but ended up logging off because it got too late and the feed kept breaking....

anyone know where the video is to download (if its been made available yet)

Also does anyone have any info on what actually happened last night, i throught it would be one of the hot topics on the site this morning but i cant see a thing !

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
Also does anyone have any info on what actually happened last night, i throught it would be one of the hot topics on the site this morning but i cant see a thing !

We've got a thread going here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did we find out what is in the spheres yet?

*goes sifting through the tread

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hi, NB'.

The Intergalatic Internet... Vint Cerf (look him up) an interview:
"To boldly go where no internet has gone before"

Mira

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Have to say I watched most of the live event but missed the speech by various members while this event was in "NewYork" this is somthing Iv'e always wondered. I feel somtimes time ATS is gears towards the American market what Would have been good if you could have had a London based event running at the same time of the Newyork.

Please don't think am bashing whats ATS has been doing, I've been here a long time and seen this baby grow and it going to just get even bigger no matter what. Just my two pennies worth it would have been good two events same meaning global meida coverage in a sense both sides of the pond.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Gibson on future... "in touch", "pies on a window ledge". Check the QT vid on his website - worth the effort and the site is OK... 'little bit 2.0. Some of his comments in the 10 minute or so clip do ring true for what has been rolled out as the "being without a great name" or the "conceptual model". Contest? UGC-style? Some sort of a better handle or acronym... something sticky-special.

Please try and get an interview with him (Gibson) for this venue in whatever format. Same with "Lo-Tech" Ice T; "J" from Johnny Mnemonic
Gibson is on tour in the US and CA... try and get a live interview and web-out? Perhaps a Jim Marrs interviews series????
That would be a coup' d''etat and a Coupe de Ville thrill-ride. Regular live video/audio would be blood'.

I wish I could have joined the chat sessions last night to try that feature and see what it may offer.

Mira

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hola my old pals and new friends.

Anyone wanna give a lazy college student the sparknotes on whats going on in this thread?

I looked at page one and skipped to the last page.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cutwolf

Sorry, but you kinda missed the fun..
The revolution Party was November 5 where ATS disclosed it's plans for the future of the site and The Above Network as a whole.This thread was a puzzle to solve for a member to attend the event.I was the lucky member to go.See my thread here...
www.belowtopsecret.com...
For more info on the event...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Happy Reading!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Darn it!!! Am i the only boob who couldnt watch it happenening because i am on that wonderful unsurpassed AOL???

I would love to at least see more pictures!!!! Such nice nice people, my friends and i was promised more pics. Did i miss them?

Please if you have more pictures, POST THEM. I would be sooo happy!!!

I cant go on high speed up here- we're past the bridge, and that means everything is double in price $$$ and with the gas crisis, hmmm, i could get it but i probably wouldnt be able to eat much.

AD, anyone, with more pictures, please post them! Dont hold back. BTW. AD. thank you for the ones you did post. They're awesome and you looked mahvelous, girl!

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey DG...I posted all the pics I have.I really didn't get many, and The Duckster took most of them for me, with the exception of the ones I got from Crakeur and Simon Gray.
I believe Crakeur posted the best ones from that night..already.There were many photographers..but I don't know what happened to all the pics.
Thanx for the compliment.I partied hearty Canadian chic style that night...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm hoping that more pictures are posted as well. There are many I'm sure that haven't been posted. I'd love to get a DVD of the web cast as well. I'd love to see it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If you're referring to me, No, neither one of them are me.

Originally posted by Redge777
Hows this

Skeptic Overlord, is this guy Jeff?

His height matches, his facial features seem to match, a match of industry that he is in, hair matches, ear matches, ratio of distances in face seem to be a match.

I am a little unsure of the nose...

Left picture from ATS event, right from a past speech.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I can't say I'm a fan of this new ATS plan. Seems to be moving away from what made the site great. Less about the little, tight knit community we once had and more about profit and media saturation.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

There is more concise "post event" information here:

The Above Network, LLC main site

The Ecosystem Summarized

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cutwolf

ATS simply can't stay a "little community", too many people are waking up so to speak and we either have to grow or shut down. Without growth and the revenue growth brings we can't continue to operate the site, server upgrades, talent and bandwidth all cost money.

Without the upgrades to the infrastructure the site would be so slow it would be unreadable because of the thousands of people accessing it all at the same time.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Cutwolf

ATS simply can't stay a "little community", too many people are waking up so to speak and we either have to grow or shut down. Without growth and the revenue growth brings we can't continue to operate the site, server upgrades, talent and bandwidth all cost money.

Without the upgrades to the infrastructure the site would be so slow it would be unreadable because of the thousands of people accessing it all at the same time.

Springer...

I'm not anti-expansion, I just don't necessarily agree with the way we're doing it. Rather than expanding into new media, I'd rather expand what we already have; add new features, fix existing features, more games with different styles/more valuable prizes (not that I'm whining about the value of the prizes of past games, but with growth comes revenue thus potentially allowing for more investments into the game), etc, etc.

It's kind of like a good ol' mom and pop restaurant that everyone in an area loves vs McDonalds. Mcdonalds is obviously much more valuable, but more than likely is not as respected by the public at large as the mom and pop. If the mom and pop decides to expand nationwide and go the way of McDonalds, I believe the respect and credibility drops. It dilutes the brand.

I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, but I worry that this expansion, if not done carefully, could end up doing more harm than good. Part of what makes this site great is the ability to have candid discussions on topics that would be considered "crazy" if brought up in every day conversation. If this site becomes so mainstream, it runs a strong risk of developing the reputation as being for "kooks," which could end up having people steer clear for fear of being associated.

I'm just of the opinion that major outward expansion of a website devoted to such a stigmatized theme (in general, conspiracy theories) is not the best way to improve and better the ATS community as a whole.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
It is a day still waiting for a revolution.

Really?

As a British citizen, that's the first time i've heard that.

Also, did you know, the basement of Parliament is searched every 5th November for gun powder and explosives.

That is amazing.
Awesome to the Fifth degree.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XynamV

What an interesting thread. What prompted you to dig this one up? Remember Remember the fifth of November?

Let's keep this thread open and see what it delivers.

-V

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129   >>

join