It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem Lodge....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HDFACTORYCERTIF

Incredible! I read in another post, a 32degree barley pop drunk, merit badge chasing Super Mason, crap on an entire religion. That is just plain wrong.

Barley pop drunk? .. What is that even supposed to mean?
Merit badge chasing? Crap on a religion?

You have the most unusual way of communicating, something I would only describe as being without cooth.

Yet, he did puke out what a great Christian he is. However, a perfect candidate for the Monkey lodge, as this individual has not learned a damn thing in his journey.

Well if your going to insult a Mason on the boards like this, you had better use his name so he can at the very least defend him self.

"monkey" .. is thus an allegory you use to describe certain behavior or do you use it in the pretext of an actual monkey....

As such, it is what it is. I did pass on information, of who I am, when checked out to the members satisfaction, he may need medication.

Not that we know of. I don't see why you can't post your lodge on the forum, we did, why can't you?

Just as sickening as the member here condemning others religion, one must realize that bad things can and do happen with Masons.

Hmm.. interested in hearing who this brother is and why you have such a problem with him..

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

What are the main differences between AF&AM and F&AM. I know of the historic aspects of how the Ancients came about, was wondering if there was an actual difference, and if you can be a member of both AF and F.

The only real difference in working is that some F&AM do not recognize, or hold jurisdiction over, the Past Masters Degree. Here in SC, we are A.F.M., and no Master-Elect may take the Chair and preside over his Lodge until he has received the degree of Past Master in a Lodge of Actual Past Masters. Those who have received a version of the degree in Chapters of Royal Arch Masons are not entitled to be present at the conferral.

Yes, one may hold membership in both an F&AM Lodge and a Lodge that is AFM/AF&AM, providing that both Grand Lodges allow dual membership.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I find it interesting of the request to contact other members of this board for some kind of verification, when indeed these other members may not be Masons just because they say they are.

The 2 members you were refered to have on many occasions and in several
threads posted their lodge info and location. Now about yours?

For those that are merit badge chasers in the now confirmed meaningless higher degrees

The bolded statement should just about settle it . Yes?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by runningbeer

Excellent catch. It does settle it - there can be no doubt that this whole thing is made up, because a real mason knows that there is no degree higher than Master Mason.

Time for the original poster to move on, the gig is up.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't know 100%, but due to private communications I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. He has provided lodge info, etc. to me in private and upon initial inspection it does seem to be legit.

Like others here, I do have a bit of trouble reconciling the posting/attitude displayed by the OP to being that of a Master Mason, but I'm willing to hear him out.

I don't expect there is much more life in this thread, however.

Upon further counsel from a learned Brother, the jury is still out. I am reasonably convinced he is at least a member of a Lodge, but as to the rest... accusations and such... time will tell. Still a little skeptical, to be honest.

Any brethren interested in the details, u2u me for my personal email.

[edit on 11/23/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Axeman, will you be verifying this information yourself? If not, please U2U it and I will attempt to get in touch with the respective Grand Lodge and try to determine what may or may not be transpiring as I still have very serious doubts about the entire situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Any brethren interested in the details, u2u me for my personal email.

[edit on 11/23/07 by The Axeman]

Is this OK with the member that provided you the details? If not, you would be breaking a confidence. If we don't allow u2u's to be put on the board, what difference would there be in sharing via u2u. THAT wouldn't be cool.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Intrepid has a point. Axeman, please do not U2U me the info if the OP has not specifically permitted you to do so in his U2U with yourself. If he has not given permission hopefully you will be able top determine the truth of his statements on your own.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I have asked the OP's permission to share the info he gave to me *via personal email* with brethren, with the caveat that they not publicly divulge the information.

I have recieved no communiation that this would not be savvy with him.

As for the board, I can understand not wanting to have the info posted here, but to brethren, and in private (external email), I have had no objections.

The only info that would be passed on is that which shows that he is a member of a Lodge, somewhere. I can't imagine he would want to hide that info from brethren whose motivation is preservation of the Craft's dignity and to offer counsel. That doesn't cover all ATS members, however, and I'm inclined to think that is why he has refrained from posting it publicly.

Good on you, Intrepid. Always looking out.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

In which case I wouldn't mind seeing his permission posted here. Or via a u2u to a staff member.

It doesn't matter if it's "personal email" or not. If he's not cool with it, it shouldn't happen. OK?

[edit on 23-11-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
In which case I wouldn't mind seeing his permission posted here. Or via a u2u to a staff member.

I'll defer to the OP to take care of this. I have already spent too much time and energy on this to be playing middleman between him and ATS staff.

It doesn't matter if it's "personal email" or not. If he's not cool with it, it shouldn't happen. OK?

Agreed, no doubt.

As I said though, I told him my intentions up front and got no objection. I gave him my word not to post the information publicly, and have no intention of doing so. He seemed happy with that.

So, in lieu of u2u's or emails, brethren, take this for what it's worth: I have looked into it, and he does appear to be on the Level, at least about his membership. The rest? Who knows? I'm still a bit skeptical.

OP -- You're up. My hands are tied here.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDFACTORYCERTIF
I am ready to jump ship. Would you?

LOL, I already have
I WAS a 32nd Deg Master Mason and a Past Master of my former
lodge. I noticed some inconsistencies and procedural short
comings in our lodge's adherence to the Grand Lodge's by-laws.
However, I did not report them, I just left. I have not been back.
I have also been thrown out of the membership for NOT paying
my dues. I haven't entered a lodge in 6 years, and frankly don't
know if I'll ever again. I have since moved to another state
thinking things would be different but my old lodge keeps me
from being a member anywhere else so I don't know if this
problem of by-laws insubordination is in other locations as
well as my old sector. So my past restrains me from finding
out any further details. But best of luck to ya

Edited for clarification:
3rd Deg is highest for Master Mason but my 32nd Degree
was in the Scottish Rite. You can't be in Scottish Rite without
being 3rd Deg MM. So when I say 32nd Deg MM, that is what I mean,
through Scottish Rite

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Zeta115]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta115

All you would have to do is pay your back dues to your old lodge and petition for reinstatement.

You might find that exactly what you thought is indeed the case. Different lodges, different people, different experiences.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
reply to post by Zeta115

All you would have to do is pay your back dues to your old lodge and petition for reinstatement.

You might find that exactly what you thought is indeed the case. Different lodges, different people, different experiences.

That is true, as I have already found that out. However, my problem
is more money than anything else. As our annual membership dues
are $75.00. Multiply that by 6 years and you have $450.00. Not to mention
the initiation fees associated with the new lodge. I would have to pay
over $500.00. I can't afford that being unemployed right now and
trying to raise 2 kids

edited:
Some times I really wonder: is there no help for the widow's son ??

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Zeta115]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta115

I know in my lodge a motion would have been sent through to have your fees deferred.

Maybe thats just my lodge, but if we knew your plight you would owe nothing at all and would still get a dues card.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

A common practice... Each year in my Lodge we review elderly and infirmed member roles as well as anyone in distress and either money is contributed to cover the dues, or they are deferred and the Grand Lodge fees are covered with Lodge funds. It's not a cut and dry "pay up or get out"scenario.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

What does it mean when you are rewarded a deduction in 20 points?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Intrepid, Axeman has mine and RacerX "OK" to pass on information regarding the situation brought up here and or our identity has he sees fit toward some kind of direction for a reasonable resolution of these events to other Masons.
It is a no brainer that to post such on this open forum would not be in the best interest of anyone. I hope that some that may receive this information DOES NOT POST IT.
Things can go wrong in any organization, it certainly did here. RacerX and I only barely scratched the surface of the problem with this lodge and other bodies. Axeman has been informed of the root cause and he is willing to try and help.
It is my thought that someone contacting Grand Lodge without the FULL info that RacerX and I have would not be productive. There are a considerable amount of documents. Racer X and I will begin to transfer these very shortly.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by HDFACTORYCERTIF]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HDFACTORYCERTIF

You should not be talking this sort of issues here in a public forum. By a matter of fact you shouldnt even be exposing this sort of problems in any forum be it masonic or not. What you've done I am sure is not the right approach.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta115
As our annual membership dues
are $75.00. Multiply that by 6 years and you have $450.00. Not to mention
the initiation fees associated with the new lodge. I would have to pay
over $500.00. I can't afford that being unemployed right now and
trying to raise 2 kids

You may want to to check your GL's Constitution. I've never heard of a Grand Lodge that requires you to pay for every year you were NPD in order to be reinstated. Most just require that you pay the current year and the year you went NPD, which would only be $150. Once you were reinstated, you could at least visit local Lodges, and would not be required to join one right away (as long as you remained in good standing in your old Lodge).

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Masonic Light]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join