It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jena Six Case Shows Black Teens Get Short End of Stick

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Robert Bailey Jr, one of the so-called "Jena 6," has been receiving tens of thousands of dollars in CASH donations, which he keeps at home in his bedroom.

He was bragging about it on MySpace and put pics of himself rolling around with 100 dollar bills, and putting them in his mouth... they've since been taken down but here they are in all their glory:

Here's a video of all the pics:
www.youtube.com...

When you are given cash to aid in your defense after being charged with a FELONY, then get Jessie Jackson and Al Sharptoon to hold a 'rally' to support you, DON"T DO THIS!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

I think thats probably just someone taking the piss.

Is there any way to confirm it's actually him or one of the jena6 and not just a hoax?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by riley]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's some more, but from a different angle.
I think this article poses some very interesting questions about the the whole involvement of the civil rights people who have involved themselves (rightly or wrongly) in this case.
www.alternet.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Is there any way to confirm it's actually him or one of the jena6 and not just a hoax?

oh dear. I followed the links to the myspace.. and the comments section had a comment to a robert near the bottom of the page. then the account was deleted. could still be a hoax but if not perhaps he's a little dim? his lawyer would be having fits right now if it's real. in any case someone is clearly trying to further aggrivate the situation.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Here's some more, but from a different angle.
I think this article poses some very interesting questions about the the whole involvement of the civil rights people who have involved themselves (rightly or wrongly) in this case.

Yes.. they are pouring alot of money into campaigning, travel, publicity etc. yet couldn't afford his bail? I don't condone the gang attack at all but it does seem like he's being exploited politically.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just something to consider, when the black kids asked if they could sit under the "white" tree it is alleged the reason was so the could "hit on" the white girls, again allegedly, they where also pinching the white girls bottoms and saying some fairly lewd things to/about them, so saying it racist is not accurate, it has more to do with sexual harassment.

there are links that I read about this a few days ago, I don't have tiome to look up the links but will do so..

This was not a black/white issue as much as guys getting upset that other guys are harassing women..

For those saying that the white kid wasn't beat up that badly, well the guy with the shotgun didn't shoot anyone...Does that make it more even for you???

A black kid ( that was not invited mind you ) showed up at a party that had all white people, makes you wonder why doesn't it? I know I wouldn't want to crash a party that I was not invited to, regardless of race....

To say that this is "whitey" trying to keep the black man down is ludicrous.

It sounds more like this was INSTIGATED and STAGED, I've been reading up on this for awhile and it does sound Odd with all the incidents that have happened....

Maybe the punishments are more then is usually warranted, however, maybe this is the towns way of getting back at the instigators???

I will post the links to the alleged sexual harassment later ..............

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Thanks for your input.
I'd liketo raise a couple of points about the post though, if I may.

I hadn't heard about the harrassment and would be interested to see some links about it - do you have any info about possible bias of the links (if you have them).
My understanding is that it was a new student who asked about sitting under the tree, so the harrassment issue may not fit in with this - although obviously I could be wrong.

The party the black youths went to, was attended by a couple of friends of theirs (according to what I've read) and that's why they tried to get in.

DOC/FBI figures (previously posted) show that hate crimes are pretty equally spread per capita and that not many people are charged with them - although this may be a political measure aimed at covering them up in order to promote harmony, or at least less racial tension.

I've read a couple of articles where the crime was clearly racially motivated and yet the FBI were reluctant to pursue them as such. So I would also ask if there is an FBI agenda NOT to charge people with hate crimes if at all possible.

There is also the question of why minority offenders are up to 6 times more likely to be jailed for a crime than white offenders which was in the article in the OP.

Like I've said before, I believe that the youths should be punished, but the punishment MUST be the same for all - in other words, judicial equality.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm not going to post my thought on this here, most people won't like them, some will. However I just saw this on the news and found a link

5 african american boy beating on 1 white boy, caught on tape, norfolk VA . here is a link

www.wvec.com...

no facts yet, but lets see if the NAACP, Jesse Jackson or AL Sharpton show up to this one, or lets see if it even maks national news as I had orignally saw in on my local news.

Wanted to add this thought also:

The report says this is non racial?

Hmm...What a load of crap. If it was 5 whites on 1 anyother race person it would be racial

5:1 any color is racial...IMHO

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Djdoubt03]

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

for the true story of what happened check out this site www.biblestudysite.com look under new material scroll a little wyas dowbnn the picture and read and watch this video sad really sad

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry for my spelling errors guys just got off work this morning ! again let the truth be told i really do encourage anyone that has heard or has not heard the story of what really happened in jena please check this site ok scroll just a lil ways down the page ok your gonna be very pissed off when ya see this poor black guys my ass ! biblestudysite.com... materials

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
that youtube picture collage' is golden man...

all that money getting sent in by suckers, so this kid can go out and act like fiddy with a bank roll.

how about on his myspace page something like "thank you for all the supporters that sent me money for a legal fund"

what a turd...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepspirit7

I'm sorry, but I see nothing more than propaganda of the same type that jackson etc peddle to the black masses.
The pic and profile from myspace is being investigated as a fraud and has already been removed - and if it turns out that the white kids in jena did it? are they being racist?

[edit on 27/9/2007 by budski]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mychal Bell has been released.

Yahoo

CNN

(CNN) -- Mychal Bell, a black teenager accused of beating a white classmate and who was the last of the "Jena 6" behind bars, was released from custody Thursday after a juvenile court judge set his bail at $45,000

Bell's release followed an announcement from LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters, who said he would not appeal a higher court's decision moving Bell's case to juvenile court.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by juicebox]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by juicebox

He should have gone to juvenile court in the first place.
This DA has caused so much fuss, unnecessary expenditure, and racial tension - on both sides - I think his vendetta in trying to prosecute the kid as an adult has backfired somewhat.
At least now the kid will get a realistic sentence - one in line with national averages for a crime of this nature.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
SInce I wasn't there to see weather or not they were attempting to beat the kid to death I can't say weather that was the case. I can say that just because the guy was released from the hospital later that day and has small superficial wounds doesn't mean that they weren't trying to beat the kid to death. I mean I could easily put someone in a choke hold. I'm a strong dude, most people probably couldn't get out of the hold. I could feasibly be applying the choke hold to restrain somebody whos out of control or to suffucate the person and kill them. Either way I wouldn't be leaving very many marks on the guy regardless of weather or not I was successful. SO without being there to see weather or not I'm screaming "I'm gunna kill you" or "dude calm down!" nobody can say that it was attempted murder, and it all boils down to a he said/ he said argument when the cops arrive. so howed they jump stright to an attempted murder charge without an obvious weapon. more went on at that fight than we are being told and thats why they call it attempted murder. Or it's just plain racism. Personally I say. do the crime do the time. the punishement should be equal regardless of sex or race. but, non violent racism- as distasteful as it is-should never beget a violent response.

Hanging a noose-pretty racist and tasteless. Beating the crap out of hte person who did it-although I fully understand- is not justifyable. The whole gun being pulled on another person thing. well I've seen that happen before in real life a few times. to me, to other people and from both ends of the barrel. I can say that people will bring a gun into the situation often times not to kill somebody, but to terminate the escallation of something. the gun that was pulled. Was it the home owners gun, because if thats the case and they are on that homeowners property then they have all the right to pull a gun on a trespaser and tell them that they need to leave. If the gun was brought out after some dumbass ran to the trunk of their car and returned back inside to a home other than of their belonging with it, than that is a violent crime. so most of the sentancing for this case must be made regarding the crime and not what lead up to it.

my .02 cents.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
SO without being there to see weather or not I'm screaming "I'm gunna kill you" or "dude calm down!" nobody can say that it was attempted murder, and it all boils down to a he said/ he said argument when the cops arrive. so howed they jump stright to an attempted murder charge without an obvious weapon.

Don't believe the media spin.
Just to clarify something.. the kid was rendered unconcious and they still kept beating him.. well kicking him. To me that makes what turned out to be fairy mild brain injury irrelevent: If you've knocked someone out.. you would know there's a chance that you're either causing some mild or serious brain injury and there'd be the possibilty you've killed them.. yet they chose to keep going. To me thats attempted murder. It was just a stroke of luck for the attackers that it was only a concussion.

Hanging a noose-pretty racist and tasteless. Beating the crap out of hte person who did it-although I fully understand- is not justifyable.

Correcting some media dissinformation again ..not just for you but others who have been intentionlly misslead by it.

The victim did not hang those nooses.

So that fact alone makes it unconnected to the assault. Not sure why people [ie. the criminals' supporters] keep citing it as the provocation.. maybe they think it's okay to have vengence on any member of one race if another member of it pisses them off. There is definently no logic behind this reasoning thats for sure.

The whole gun being pulled on another person thing. well I've seen that happen before in real life a few times. to me, to other people and from both ends of the barrel.

IMO the kid was wrong to pull a gun on someone.. but what the media continually ommits that he was actually chased beforehand.
We don't have a major gun problem in Aus so I ind it difficult to understand that part of US culture.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by riley]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why is everyone overlooking the fact that they almost beat a boy to death?

Exactly! To me it doesn't matter what led to the beating.It's the fact that they beat up on one person.It is still a crime no matter the reason for it.6 on 1 and beating the 1 to the point he is unconscious merits a stiff punishment no matter what the race.These 6 deserve to be put in prison.As for what ever the white kids did yes it should be investigated and if any evidence can be found they should be punished as well.If the one that pulled a gun can be investigated and it can be proved it happened then charges should be filed.

I haven't been paying attention to the story.The fact that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are involved is enough to keep me from looking into it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
.As for what ever the white kids did yes it should be investigated

he said that one of the black dudes got beat up by someone...black dude heard it..him and his friends jumped him.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
good points riley.

I agree with your post. Now that I understand that the kid beaten wasn't the kid involved in the noose incident, I still say that they shouldn't have gone beating anybody. Like I said just because the person did a non violent racist thing doesn't justify escallating to violence by beating. If I were a judge I would agree with your conclusion and have to sentence the kids involved in the beating for that crime alone, and would condemn the escallation to violence that occured when they went after 6 on 1 the one kid and beat him citing that the earlier provocation with the noose is not a justifiable reason to attack somebody physically.

If someone is chasing me and they were implying the intend to do harm to me and to make the person stop I would pull a gun or weapon. And I bet that as long as I have a permit for the gun and can prove that it's mine the cops aren't going to do anything to me for brandishing a shotgun. Granted I'm not waving it around when they are around looking like I'm the crazy criminal or something. So I would expect that if a device ment for self protection was involked to do so in a legitimate fashion and the guy didn't get in trouble.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The Way I see it as far as hanging nooses, it's freedom of speech, a political point to be made. Granted I would never do it but, the way I see it with the hanging of nooses who was hurt? I'll bet any one $100 that the wite kids that did it have some black friends. It was a joke or more of a statement. None the less it is freedom of speech so to speek. Comments?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join