It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jena Six Case Shows Black Teens Get Short End of Stick

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

This explains pretty much everything I've been saying - this article pretty much sums it up, if you read the blue background links.

Racism, pure and simple.
I should also say that racism offends me and that's why I am so vociferous and passionate about the subject

Timeline - thnx hendu

Now tell me that there is no racism there.

[edit on 21/9/2007 by budski]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A group of black people singled out a white kid and beat him up, yet the only issue here is to make sure the blacks aren't discriminated against... makes perfect sense to me. [/sarcasm]

If Al Sharpton, Jackson, other black supremacists and the NAACP have their way then it will one day be against the law to charge a black person with a crime.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
The sources of the statistics are all in this thread.
Stats for hate crimes, stats for crime comitted vs sentences imposed, everything.

I'm beginning to question whether or not you can read. I'll answer you with my own quotes, since I guess you missed it? I don't know, I hope you're not losing it. You're actually sort of worrying me at this point.

Originally posted by Johnmike
It'd be easier to analyze if you gave your source for those percentages. And yes, Budski, I read that article. It doesn't list the source.

Maybe I need to explain this for you? I don't get it, but if you're having trouble understanding the level of my writing, you could always U2U me and I'd be happy to explain what certain words mean if they confuse you.

You linked to an article. That article had that 60 percent statistic and whatnot. This article, however, does not say where these statistics came from. For example, the FBI. That's what we need. We need the place where the statistics came from. We don't need an article telling us what they are, we need where the statistics were determined. Where the data they were constructed from is.

So, instead of flogging your opinion, why not back it up with some proof, rather than just what's in your mind? After all, I have.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Like I said, the figures are all in the thread - I'm sick of repeating things just because you don't have the wit to understand them.

Read back, find the doc figures and read them - all assuming you can of course.

If you spent as much time reading as you do trying to annoy people you might actually understand something.

[edit on 22/9/2007 by budski]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I seem to remember Rodney King getting jacked up by 6 or so cops and this was a huge racial issue. the "its because he is black" comment over and over again. Doesnt matter that he was high on crack and went after the cops in the beginning, of course nobody talks about that. Now here we have six black kids knocking a 1 white kid out and blacks want them released from jail lol. I dont care what name this white kid may have called them, this does not mean 6 black kids can knock him out. That is called assault. The past few months the whole "its a black think" exuce is really getting old. Isiah Thomas says blacks are basically allowed to refer to a black woman as bitch but whites can not lol. The whole michael vick case regarding dog fighting is "a cultural thing". Now there are idiots who think OJ is being treated unfairly. Many in your community are racist and I have no problem saying this. You think you can commit any illeagal act and you should not have to serve a second in jail becuase you are black. I dont care that 1% of the whites 250 years ago owned slaves. Blacks think that evey white person today has ancestors who owned slaves and this is not the case. In fact, most did not own slaves, so stop you crying about equality. Many of you do not want equality, many of you do not want to live as one with the white community, you want to dominate and spread you racism, just like some in the white community did over 50 years ago before the civil rights movement. This makes people in the black community who defend the likes of Louis Farrakan, Isiah Thomas, Barry Bonds, Michael Vick, OJ Simpson, Al Sharpton, and even Jesse Jackson just as bad as the racist whites of the 1950's. The Jena 6 is not some Civil Rights case from the 1950's. It is about some racist whites and racist blacks that could not get along. The 6 blacks ultimatly beat up a white kid and now have to face the music. period.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Pish posh!! He was black arrest him. The law does state their supposed to get a fair trial.

I think a new investiagation shoud be opened because it seems to me the DA has his own plan after all he did say with a stroke of a pen he can ruin lives.

One of those Jena 6 boys wasn't even in the fight. Some of you act their already guilty. Its innocent until proven guilty. And is it justified for those people to see nooses and now their under a death threat by the Neo Nazis and the KKK who happens to have the boys' home address.

Is that ok? For pete sakes leave them alone!!

The KKK and the Neo Nazis acan stick it for all I care perhaps we should send them to Africa and see how they like it seeing thousands of angry African spearmen. That would be justice.

Stop this stupid crap that my race is better then yours. If it wasn't for the white people (yes I'm white) for allowing blacks to be shipped over here on ships stuffed in there like sardines for slavery then they wouldn't be over here. Its our fault not theirs. How can we even treat another human being like that? Why are we punishing them like their the scum of the earth?

It was wrong!!!!

RockPuck I never thought I would say this but I'm deeply ashamed of you-and the others who think they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. These are young boys who's not even adults yet. Give a through investigation thats not corrupted by being racist and if their guilty give them a fair trial.

And I don't trust this DA because I feel that he's a racist.

And if your gonna run your mouth at me then I don't want to hear it. Think about what I said. And stew over it for a while.

[edit on 9/22/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Like I said, the figures are all in the thread - I'm sick of repeating things just because you don't have the wit to understand them.

Read back, find the doc figures and read them - all assuming you can of course.

If you spent as much time reading as you do trying to annoy people you might actually understand something.

Your lack of mental capacity is not an excuse to try insulting people. Just because you lack the literary ability to comprehend what I'm asking you doesn't mean that you have to go on a rant like a seven year old.

Abovetopsecret is here to deny ignorance, not to spread immaturity. Your little tirades may be appropriate or acceptable for a kindergarten classroom (actually they wouldn't be), but not here.

Look, if you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask me. You don't have to start screaming about it and trying to defend yourself, okay? There's nothing to be ashamed of, budski; maybe I didn't convey my point clearly enough both times. I mean, the second time I structured it very simplistically, trying to imagine someone roughly the equivalent of a eleven-year-old as my audience, but maybe it wasn't enough.

I'll try again, though, if you really don't understand. I hope it really is that you don't understand it and not that you're trying to troll. I don't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by Johnmike
You linked to an article. That article had that 60 percent statistic and whatnot. This article, however, does not say where these statistics came from. For example, the FBI. That's what we need. We need the place where the statistics came from. We don't need an article telling us what they are, we need where the statistics were determined. Where the data they were constructed from is.

Okay, I thought this was simple enough to understand, but I'll be more specific. You linked to this page. Remember?

This page says:

When minority and white youth were charged with the same offenses, black youth who had no prior arrest record were six times more likely to be incarcerated than white youth with similar backgrounds. Hispanic youth were three times more likely to be incarcerated. Black youth were 48 times more likely than white youth to be sent to juvenile prison for drug-related offenses.

Now. We need to know where those figures came from, right?
Obviously the writer of that article didn't conduct the study himself. The page cites its source:

The study, conducted by the National Council on Crime and Juvenile Delinquency, used federal and state arrest and court data.

We need the data (which you are supporting) that was found by the study, not the conclusions that were made.

See, a conclusion is something you find. Say, for example, you have 1,000 white phones and 1,000 black phones and you want to sell them. But while you sell all 1,000 black phones, you only sell 100 white phones. That is the data. The conclusion is that black phones sell better than white phones, probably because they're more desirable and/or marketed better.

Are you following me? We need the data that was found by that study to evaluate such conclusions. Since you support that data, I figured you were have it, since it makes sense to study what you are supporting before you open your mouth.

I hope I'm not wrong, and I hope you can really understand this post. I tried to make it simple for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

*yawn*
You really are very boring.
Like I said, I posted plenty of stats from FBI/DoC
Can't find them?
Too lazy to look?
Your problem.

I'm secure in the knowledge that the stats are on this thread.

*SNIP

Bub bye.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This whole situation is just sad, and embarrasing for our country...period!

I was watching CNN last night, and there is a Neo-Nazi site that has placed the address' of the 6 young-men who are charged.

IMO, hanging nooses is not funny, and for anyone to say its just a prank should study history and the terror that was caused to many blacks by people that used them. However, I also don't think 6 boys woomping 1 boy is right at all, charging them with attempted murder seems a bit of a stretch to me.

The one thing I am glad to see, is that there were no arrest during the protest. I commend the people that took time out to protest and practice there American rights, whatever our issues are as Americans we should speak out more often in this way when we feel there is an injustice. Obviously everyone won't agree on each issue, but at least we won't be putting our heads in the sand and ignoring important matters.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

I couldn't agree more.

This is a racist action, from day one, and I don't blame them for kicking up a stink.

On a slighlty different note, I have been amazed by the level of racism on ATS - and some of it has been pretty bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
aside from the shody journalism, is anyone following the actual case and not the race of the participants?

there were 2 crimes here.

the hate crime came first. Throw the book at them. They usually do.

second is the beating. it was an assault and should be treated like one, period.

If you think that it should go differently, please don't reply to this post. If you think that it did go differently, I would like to hear what you have to say.

Why should it be like that? are any of you parents? if someone almost beat your kid to death you know what you would want to do. Yes, most of us have the self control to not to. However, if justice does not get served by the law it will get served by the people, and no one wants that.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Fair comment

And it DID go differently than what you should expect in the "Land of the Free"

A truly sad episode.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So I suppose it's ok for 6 blacks against 1 white what's unfair is I being a white male have had problems with a black male at my last job . I went to the office no one would help or do a damn thing. When he kept it up out of anger i called him monkey and he and others tried to run me down in the street with a vehicle and the police or local sheriffs did nothing nor did the office at work. It's time us white men stand up for OUR Equality

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Many of these "want-a-be" 60's style protestors were bused in from Texas Southern University. This "school" has hallway's covered in murials that show the vilest of slave mistreatment. This school has been in trouble for years for various misconduct.

The band while in japan found itself in trouble because many members were arrested for stealing from local japanses stores.

The president of the school is on trial for theft of thousands or dollars.

The school has shut down a dorm due to a BAT infestation.

The school is under investigation for fraud in the theft of millions from FEMA.

Bused in thugs to march for still other thugs............

Jena 6 is an attempt to whip up racisim where none existed. These 6 have records of violence. The one still in jail has 5 assaults on his record.

The march has done nothing but FUEL a new round of racisim from the backlash. The violence that will soon follow should be placend directly on Sharpton and Jackson...........

I fear more 'Jasper" incidents will follow.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For those of you that believe this is a race issue I would encourage you to do a little research on the history of the individuals involved as well as the history of the town. I have been there, I lived near by and the entire situation is ridiculous.

Research the history and criminal records of each individual involved and remove race from their profiles and then decide what your perception of fair justice would be.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A reminder to all...

The various guidelines and expectations for discussions here at ATS are in effect... Failure to curb any penchant for less than civil discourse will result in administrative action.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

I'll add that this is a "news" discussion, and as such, held to an even higher standard.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I could be wrong as usual, but I think the white guys just put up a noose. Racist? yes, but no beating. The black kids are the ones who lost it.

Personally, I feel it's stupid to blame the system if there are more blacks in Jail. What you have to do is get rid of the gangs. You get rid of them, and they have no fellow criminals to encourage them. Why these people join then anyway is beyond me. Stay in school, work hard, and do good.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Leyla, this is the problem with you ACLU people, you do not pick up history books and read them from time to time. Yes there were a small group of rich, white, land owning men who were all for slavery. You neglect to inform everybody on this forum that Africans themselves took money and goods from some of these men and set up potential slaves in order to be caught by these white men. The Africans played just as important of a role in the slave trade as the minority of white land owning men. Do not generalize and blame "whites" for allowing this to happen when most whites were indentured servants and treated just a poorly as some slaves. I personally do not agree with slavery but I have no guilt about it because my ancestors were not even in the US until the 1920's, and as Italian immigrants they were discriminated against as well. We dont have any marches for them however.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here's my 0.2 cents.

White kids
1 shotgun pointed to the face
1 noose incident(hate crime)
1 fight where they jumped a black guy

Black kids
1 incident of assault and battery,nowhere near attempted murder

My conclusion is the white kids have way more on there plate,dismissing there prior actions isn't right and considered racism in my book.The reason there asking for the whole case to be dropped is simply following the law of energy,if they charged the whites for there crimes there would be no protest.

Now on to the whole more blacks in jail thing,yes it's true.My bro got charged with driving without a license,some lady hit his car and he had it on tape,and guess what,he got 3 month's in jail and he had no prior's at all.

I admit I'm kinda racist,but that's after reading history books(citation needed),but then I rememebr it's just the past,but this is the present.

I'm not saying I support most of the things my community stands for like the whole Vic and OJ incident,but this is injustice and if they expelled those white kids when they noose whs hanged in the first place, the black kids would'nt feel like they would have to take the law into there own hands.

As for the black kid who had 6 assault on his record,put it like this if you were going to war you would'nt pick up the geeky black trekkie or the white kid with the star wars infatuation.

I really don't believe any of this propaganda,nothing is coincidence people,this is just the beginning of the race war that charles watever was talking bout.You ever heard of controlled chaos,everything something big happens on the outside the same happens on the inside.I fear for america,The Uk and the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This Jena 6 ordeal has gotten waaaaay out of control IMO. If the tables were turned it would have been a hate crime clean cut. I am black and proud of it but not proud of what's going on in America right now. I think O.J. did it, both times, but politics set him free. Rodney King was cracked out, but politics set him free, and this Jena 6 situation is going to bring all of that back up...ya know politics.
These kids are the future of our country, and thats the sad part. Actually it's scary. Right now, all over the nation other kids are watching these events unfold making decisions about the outcome. Who's guilty, yes it was a hate crime, no, they got what they deserve, hang the little black boys.... when will America wake up and stop being the "melting pot of idiots"?
I hope true justice will be done, and by that I mean if you do the crime you do the time, or however it goes! But sending them to prison is rediculous, thats why it's full now, no matter who is in there, they had no direction, so they did dumb things. The best country in the world is a joke to the rest of the planet! SAD SAD SAD!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join