It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photo's -MISSION - (don't ask how I got them)....shhhhh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

STS-118: Endeavour's Mission in Photos

They're from NASA's gallery of photos for the STS-118 mission.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great pix!Almost like one's floating around out there with them.I wont ask how you got em....im hoping ya just tell,lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
WoW
Those are nice pictures! Where did you get these?
Whoops, I posted to slow. Thanks for the source.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It really puts the distance between outer-space and earth into prospective. I love how the shuttles look like old relics of a past era in space technology. They almost look rusty around the edges! What a FUN job those lucky souls have. I hope to see many more photos like these. Also I noticed in the Hurricane photo's NASA did a pretty fair job of retouching the photo's...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nice closeups and selected views. How about a wide angle shot of the International Space Station with the shuttle docked? :

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These pictures were sent to me by someone who works directly for NASA.

And they were un -edited for anomolies.

not cropped or modified--thank you..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
12m8keall2c the photo's you have linked to are cropped and lack the detail of the ones i have shared with you and it seems the ones i posted are not the ones that are on your link--except the picture of the hurricane dean--(which was cropped)....

Investigate further before slamming my photo's---no disrespect intended on my end.....

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Very nice pictures!

Thanks for sharing them. Spectacular pics, wow.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There's something I just can't quite place on those photo's.

I've never been in space of course so I can't be 100% sure.

But they just look a bit odd if you ask me. (at least the space ones do)

But one question I do have is.

Why aren't there any stars visible? (There's probably a logical explanation for this, or not, but I'll ask anyway lol)

[edit on 10/9/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Nice closeups and selected views. How about a wide angle shot of the International Space Station with the shuttle docked? :

yeah, well, how are they supposed to take a wide angle shot of the shuttle docked to the station?

nobody is going to risk a spacewalk, going who knows how far from the superstructure, for just a nice photo.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by nightsider2007]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
For those who didn't take notice, take a closer look at the first photo presented:

Anomaly 1

I am surprised nobody bothered to ask what was meant with regard to the "anomalous" comment. I have a few theories as to what can be seen there in the distance but I'll leave it to those who wish to speculate.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by spectre76]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by nightsider2007

yeah, well, how are they supposed to take a wide angle shot of the shuttle docked to the station?

nobody is going to risk a spacewalk, going who knows how far from the superstructure, for just a nice photo.

Heck I'd settle for some 28mm shots from any place those other pictures are taken. For some reason they are hiding the rest of the ISS.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, I did bring that up actually. See the first reply. The picture layouts have changed since I posted though so maybe people thought I meant the second picture posted and not the original second link...

Anyways...you say that these pictures were taken from the latest mission which would be Endevaour, right? Well how comes the shot over New Zealand is on the NASA site as the NASA STS-116 Discovery mission?? Its the exact same picture

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007

I think they would....unless its doctored of course

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow, very nice pictures indeed airtrax007! Some of them really do look amazingly surreal..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunknmunky

I think they would....unless its doctored of course

Is that picture real? I presume the astronaut is using a jetpack (is that what they're called?), so I guess so.

But anyhow, that picture is awesome!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Originally posted by -0mega-

There's something I just can't quite place on those photo's.

I've never been in space of course so I can't be 100% sure.

But they just look a bit odd if you ask me. (at least the space ones do)

I agree. These photos look like real photos that have been airbrushed for some reason. A very slick job. As you say Omega, 'there's something I can't quite place on those photo's'.

Some of the lettering has an amazing lack of detail. The fuselage color looks like it has been rendered maybe by airbrushing maybe some other method.

Some of the detail is real some of it is not.

But one question I do have is.

Why aren't there any stars visible? (There's probably a logical explanation for this, or not, but I'll ask anyway lol)

Of course the stock answer is that the shutter isn't open long enough for the light of the stars or planets to register. But of course we know that is not true according to testimony in several different books by astronauts on how bright the stars are in space. Many, not all, but many of the stars and planets should show up in the photo. For instance, Sirius, Jupiter, Venus, Deneb, Vega, Antares, Arcturus, Spica, Capella are stars and planets that are very bright and should be on the film.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007

click to view fullsize

Stunningly beautiful photographs. The purity and intensity of the light in them is simply amazing and the clarity gives the ISS a pristine, other-worldly quality. It's hard not to stop looking at them, they really are entrancing. Thanks enormously for posting them.

However, this one is off, and has certainly been manipulated or has degraded somehow. The colors do not grade anymore but have broken down to flat fields, which is easiest to see in the cargo bay doors and in the distant arc of the earth.

And yes, there is something strange just off the horizon in the first photo, and what looks like some reflection causing a long, thin, faint diagonal bar in the black triangle of space upper right. But apparently it's an artifact created by that same reflection, though.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

There is this one taken as the Endeavor was leaving.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sweet photos! would be awsome if they were desktop size,would make a go0d background.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join