It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we at DEFCON 3?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So everytime old weapons are being transported to be destroyed or "decomissioned", we automatically go to DEFCON 3 because we are moving stuff? Im not quite sure im buying that one.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
Off topic: Yeah but brad pitt's boogers cure cancer.... Or was that Chuck norris?

anyway... so much stuff flowin about involving the next week its hard to tell whats gonna or whats not gonna happen :s

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Chiiru]

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad Chuck never cries.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beekersguy

right right tears
my lame attempt to be silly.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So everytime old weapons are being transported to be destroyed or "decomissioned", we automatically go to DEFCON 3 because we are moving stuff? Im not quite sure im buying that one.

Why would they be going to Barksdale AFB to be dismantled?

Bear in mind I live down the road from this base, a 15 minute drive.
Ive worked out there in the past few months.
The base houses enough nuclear weapons to kill all life on the planet.
It is not a base that disposes of nuclear weapons.
Its actually where we keep a large component of our strategic bomber forces. These guys do missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. When I was in Afghanistan they had missions dropping JDAMS among other things while we were on the ground near the Pakistani border.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Who knows but im sure they know more than we do. I dont think we are at DEFCON 3 because of this incident (going way out on a limb here).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The defense readiness condition(DEFCON) is a measure of the activation and readiness level of the United States Armed Forces. It describes progressive postures for use between the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified commands. DEFCONs are matched to the situations of military severity. Standard peacetime protocol is DEFCON 5, descending in increasingly severe situations. DEFCON 1 represents expectation of actual imminent attack, and it has never been declared, except perhaps partially during the Gulf War in 1991. DEFCON 3 was declared on 9/11. A nationwide DEFCON primarily, but not necessarily, refers to strategic nuclear forces, those forces that can take on a strategic nuclear mission, and those forces and bases that support strategic nuclear forces. Conventional forces have their own sets of orders and alerts under the DEFCON system as well. Some of which I have listed below.

DEFCON 5
This is the condition used to designate normal peacetime military readiness. An upgrade in military preparedness is typically made by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and announced by the United States Secretary of Defense.
DEFCON 4
This refers to normal, increased intelligence and the heightening of national security measures. Readiness remained at this level throughout most of the Cold War.
DEFCON 3
This refers to an increase to force readiness above normal. Radio call signs used by American forces change to currently-classified call signs.
DEFCON 2
This refers to a further increase in force readiness just below maximum readiness. It has been declared only once, during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
DEFCON 1
This refers to maximum readiness. It is not certain whether this has ever been used, but it is reserved for imminent or ongoing attack on US military forces or US territory by a foreign military power. Use of nuclear weapons can (but not nessecarily are) authorized at DEFCON1.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sr Wing Commander]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sr Wing Commander]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
To the mods:

I didn't "plageris". I just didn't want to go reread everything I learned. I pasted what I needed, and added several comments and what not that did not come over with the post.

Sorry. Still good solid info though.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Russia is going the high route with 'the father of all bombs' non nuclear thermobaric, highly publicised. While we are preparing to impart a cool nuclear glow to Iran. This will not end well people.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
LOL Russia developing a vacuum bomb that is 4 times stronger than our strongest vacuum bomb is taking the high road? They also have more nukes than we do!!

What planet are you on?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I must post this because it is kinda relevant..

I was trying to get to to my ship on 9/11, about 0715. The ship was buttoned up. Some (excuse me) Mexican Nationals tried to drive a van on to the pier. They had no clearance, registration, or even valid ID.
Now... HOW DID THEY GET ON THE FRICKIN BASE????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join