It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
These are the entities that leave us relatively protected. Otherwise we would be roasting over a bed of coals in a tasty Candanian way.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wait...these pictures from NASA are supposedly evidence of alien craft in our solar system, but isn't NASA a super-evil organization that airbrushes every picture from space and routinely deceives the public? Why would they allow us to see this?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John, thanks for taking the trouble of contacting Norman. Needless to say, it is disappointing to know that he has not given permission for reproducing the photographs.

However, Norm has mentioned that “The photo is a ‘kluged-up” image primarily based upon Ringmakers of Saturn Plate 27 page 50.” What does 'kluged-up' imply?

Is what internos posted above, a genuine scan of the one printed in Norman's Ringmakers of Saturn?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76
Wait...these pictures from NASA are supposedly evidence of alien craft in our solar system, but isn't NASA a super-evil organization that airbrushes every picture from space and routinely deceives the public? Why would they allow us to see this?

They didn't want us to see it. Check out John Lear's post on the previous page where Norman mentions that, "The image shown is a latent image that was hidden in a NASA Voyager image because of a very dark background."

So fortunately for us, they screwed this one up as it seems to have passed 'muster' due to an oversight. I betcha those airbrushers must've been fired! But then it's a typical case of shutting the stable after the horse has bolted!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

You mean like a Malon garbage scow? How dare those aliens, dumping toxic waste into our Sun! If anyone has any right to use our Primary as a garbage furnace, it's us!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
You mean like a Malon garbage scow? How dare those aliens, dumping toxic waste into our Sun! If anyone has any right to use our Primary as a garbage furnace, it's us!

Silly Beachcoma!
But it might be their sun, too! For all we know, they could have some federation guildelines that say this whole region of space is like a public park. We puny humans can't stop them, since we haven't even tamed spaceflight at reasonable distances yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A public park? I never thought of that. That would explain all the sightings. Earth must be like the Central Park Zoo.

"Observe the primitive sub-light humans in their natural habitats"

Pshaw, we haven't even reached 1/8th impulse yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Silly Beachcoma!
But it might be their sun, too! For all we know, they could have some federation guildelines that say this whole region of space is like a public park. We puny humans can't stop them, since we haven't even tamed spaceflight at reasonable distances yet.

Heck, man! For all we know, this Solar System could actually belong to them and they've just shoved us on planet Earth like monkeys in a zoo!

AND WE THINK WE'RE THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! THE GREATEST THING TO HAVE HAPPENED THIS SIDE OF THE BIG BANG!!

Hmmm....Food for though, eh? Lol

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Pshaw, we haven't even reached 1/8th impulse yet.

haha engage
Guys, not to sound like a debunker, but there have been asteroids in the vicinity of Saturn, and i mean lots of them (at least more than could be expected) and some asteroids are so young that they havent differentiated yet, and the spin on that one could have made it form oblong instead of spherical.
But anyway, good hunting.

Lets not forget about this guy
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here are a couple more pics. Cassini snapped the photos on Feb. 23, 2004, from a distance of 62.9 million kilometers (39 million miles). Notice the two ELONGATED objects which I've marked 'A' and 'B'.

These have not been satisfactorily explained so far.

And what's this 'streak' across the rings?

The image was taken in visible light by the
spacecraft's narrow-angle camera from a
distance of approximately 1.4 million miles
(2.3 million kilometers).
Image courtesy: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

[edit on 10-9-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John thank you for your thoughts and efforts. I did a little digging and I hope that this is not a violation in any way, but I found the image in question:

These following series images are jpg files of the original news release images, and a comparison to the NASA /JPL image used in "Ringmakers of Saturn" by Dr. Norman Bergrun. Following the images is the actual news release as published by NASA in 1981. No comment need be made regarding them, as they pretty well speak for themselves, demonstrating the composed nature of the material.

link giving proper credit...

This is the ORIGINAL NASA/JPL image P-23876C composed from 4 Voyager 1 images.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

I am not too convinced of Tibble's explanations. As what he says..

In my opinion, and supported by evidence detailed below, the image used in Ringmakers of Saturn is a composite image created from 4 separate Voyager I images, and used by NASA/JPL in a news release compaing Voyager I & II images.
www.anomalog.com...

So? A composite image will not result in anything remotely resembling this image...

Cheers!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Walter Vincenti: Maybe John knows him; the french article claims that Norman and Vincenti revealed the existence of the pics.

Guy Tarade
sebastoc.free.fr...

The caption of the pic claims that Guy Tarade drawed it,
but now we know it isn't so (thanks to Jonh Lear for his efforts)
and the copy he keeps in his left hand looks to have been copied by a book
(RMoS ?).

In according to what Bergrun wrote in response to John's request,
this guy may have (somehow) published the pics somewhere
(i know it isn't so much, but is anyway a step).

The pic that John asked the permission to post, is not this:

but plate 5 on page 17.

mikesingh,

So? A composite image will not result in anything remotely resembling this image...
i guess that the pic which anomalog was talking about
is the one that 1nL1ghtened previously posted... (btw, Great work, 1nL1ghtened
)

[edit on 10/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

And what's this 'streak' across the rings?

The image was taken in visible light by the
spacecraft's narrow-angle camera from a
distance of approximately 1.4 million miles
(2.3 million kilometers).
Image courtesy: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

That's a nice picture. I've got the false colour composite of the same thing that makes it clearer, but it's in the other HDD which I've disconnected from the PC. But from that picture you can see that the streak is actually behind the rings. In false colour image, you would've instantly recognized it as Saturn itself, or rather, her outline. It looks that way because Cassini was capturing it at a very artistic angle, with the rings in the foreground and Saturn in silhouette behind it. Truly beautiful shot.

The ones above are the so called "shepherd moons" that seem to maintain the shape of Saturn's rings through their small gravitational influences. I forgot their names, but I'll try to look for it later, along with the colour composite.

Edit: Sorry my bad, the shepherd moons are within the rings, specifically within the gaps. Those things are either "transient clumps of dust" or little "icy moonlets". In other words they've no idea exactly what it is. However they've provisionally named it S/2004 S 3 and S/2004 S 6. It's probably what they say it is, but speculate away until they actually name it something more creative

Also, the known shepherd moons and inner satellites:

Oh yeah, one more thing,

Not exactly the colour composite I mentioned, but you can see the similarity.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanks Beach!
I wish you could get hold of that color composite. It sure must be worth the trouble getting it back, what?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I found a wider-angle shot of the B&W above.

You can see the shadows cast by the ring-system on Saturn, and the bright band between the shadows is actually sunlight passing through one of the ring divisions.

Still looking for the colour shot, I'm really not up to plugging in the HDD. It's an old IDE, meaning I've got to look for the cable AND turn off the PC. No!!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It's an old IDE, meaning I've got to look for the cable AND turn off the PC. No!!

Darn! You're a real kill-joy! A party pooper if ever there was one!!

Anyways, that pic you posted above was awesome!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
has anyone else noticed the very odd perspective of the objects relative to the rings? take a look at the picture and ignore the planet itself. if you look at the rings it appears you're looking at the top of them and the ufos' are floating in an easy to comprehend formation on top of the rings. now ignore the objects and notice the angle - we're looking at the bottom of the rings. now try to make sense of the objects' positions. could be nothing, but it seems odd to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by internos

Walter Vincenti: Maybe John knows him; the french article claims that Norman and Vincenti revealed the existence of the pics.

In the Acknowledgments section of his book, the Ringmakers of Saturn, Norman has this to say:

"To Dr. Walter Vincenti, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University, special thanks are given for his valuable suggestions at the final phase of the manuscript."

What ENGINEERS Know

WALTER VINCENTI has had whole careers both as a cutting-edge aeronautical engineer and as a leading historian of technology. Looking back over them, he discusses what his dual vantage point has taught him about how technological innovation works.

AN INTERVIEW by ROBERT C. POST

www.americanheritage.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by mikesingh

John, thanks for taking the trouble of contacting Norman. Needless to say, it is disappointing to know that he has not given permission for reproducing the photographs.

However, Norm has mentioned that “The photo is a ‘kluged-up” image primarily based upon Ringmakers of Saturn Plate 27 page 50.” What does 'kluged-up' imply?

When I was typing that sentence from his fax I looked it up and it was not in the dictionary. I then googled and found this:

kluge up: vt. To lash together a quick hack to perform a task; this is milder ... “I've kluged up this routine to dump the buffer contents to a safe place. ...

Is what internos posted above, a genuine scan of the one printed in Norman's Ringmakers of Saturn?

Yes, that is a scan of Plate 27 on page 50. It shows the relative size of the vehicles to Saturns rings and Saturn itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join