It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object in my picture of CA fire.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Russianscientists, thanks. Pure unadulterated balderdash, but very entertaining.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
reply to post by favouriteslave

Oh, good grief. They're yanking your chain. You can't do "spectral analysis" on a picture on a computer screen to determine composition. You need the actual light emanating/reflected from the object. Set phasers to "ignore".

[edit on 6-9-2007 by IAttackPeople]

Yes, I did realise that at the time. I was sarcastically offering a pic for a proof positive picture analysis.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I see many of you think you know everything about current science. Ask any person who runs a spectroscopic analysis if they think they could get a spectroscopic analyisis of something from your TV. Their answer will be yes. The next step in this evolution of spectroscopic analysis is photos. Lets face it, there are times when you can't tell a photo from the real thing; think about it before you get crazy again.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im thinking it could be a pegasus. I have a horse who can jump really hgih and he lowers his head so its tucked under and he brings his feet up. in the pic it looks like a Pegasus is taking off and has his fron legs and head tucked cloose to its body, then you have the wings.

Alex

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I've done some enhancements to the image.

Still can't quite make out what it is...

wut kinda enhancement software u use?.....

in the pic up top....the one with the object in it....the object looks like a bird..it cant be an insect...its too far away....it also looks bigger than a bird but its the closest thing i could get from it...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hey, looky what I found on GLP!
www.godlikeproductions.com.../7/07&forum=1

Well, good luck Superbeast. I guess you're looking for answers from all quarters. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Been a looong time since I have been on, so first of all Hey to all.
Still looking at pic, and don´t belive it is a bird or a pane or a bug or mothman etc, I have a fairly good pic of vultures circling and they look nothing like this(sorry tooo big to upload and I can´t get it to resize)
The one thing I find interesting, is that the object just "appears" I looked at the earlier frames magnified and object is not approaching from a distance.
Anyway good to be back on the board, will keep looking at pic.

Edit to add pic

Here are the vultures circling, these guys were way up there, quite a few of them, and even though the angle of the pic is quite different than the one we are speculating about, I do not see anything remotely similar.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by NetStorm]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Hey, looky what I found on GLP!
www.godlikeproductions.com.../7/07&forum=1

Well, good luck Superbeast. I guess you're looking for answers from all quarters. Good luck.

Yeah so? I only posted it there yesterday, many days after it was posted here. GLP at ATS are not the only people I asked for help either. Does it really matter anyway? I want some answers. I don't want to be told its a pegasus.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When you zoom in extremely close its pretty obvious what this is...

ZOOM ON FLYING OBJECT

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
its just something on your camera or its a hoax there is no way that it is a ufo

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevkevkev
its just something on your camera or its a hoax there is no way that it is a ufo

Well not likely a hoax on my part since I know nothing about UFO's, and pic alterations. I did upload the pic within 1 hour of taking it you know! Clearly not enough time for a mother of a wild 2 year old toddler in the midst of a temper tantrum to mess with the pic.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I vote a bug or a bird... so it will probably end up being a UFO!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
. I don't want to be told its a pegasus.

You don't like Pegasus, bug or bird. If some answers are unacceptable, I can assume that you've already decided what it is.

It's your picture, what do you think it is?

T of A

[edit on 7-9-2007 by actonkid]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bug... No, Dust, Maybe but I still think that the strongest arguement for this phenomea captured is an aircraft of some type.

I'm labeling this as a UFO picture. As for my own speculation I'd have to say it looks similiar to this:

Thoughts? Comments?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You know, looking at one of the pictures posted on ATS is a lot like looking at an ink blot.

Oh sure, everybody sees something. But what they see has everything to do with who the person IS and very little to do with what is actually there.

Think of an ink blot. Is it a butterfly? Two clowns tossing a ball? Or do you see two aliens holding a planet?

Kind of interesting, isn't it.

IMHO
T of A

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffWolf

Jeff, I didn't get a pic. Try again.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by actonkid
. I don't want to be told its a pegasus.

You don't like Pegasus, bug or bird. If some answers are unacceptable, I can assume that you've already decided what it is.

It's your picture, what do you think it is?

T of A

I have no idea what it is but I know it's not a pegasus, unicorn or pterodactyl!

Mothman is a far stretch!

It is clearly somthing with right angles, like a craft. But as we have all seen it doesn't really resemble anything that has been presented. The pic isnt the greatest but when you get right down to it, its not all that bad either. I've see worse.

So no, saying its a pegasus or something from fairytale land is pretty far out there, KWIM?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
KWIM?

What is KWIM?

Far fetched for you maybe. But not for the poster. It's like ink blots...There really is no WRONG or RIGHT answer. The answer is right for the individual. Some are funny, some are whimsical, some are scary. Some are angry and grumpy...it's interesting, though! You really get a pretty darn good idea of the personality of the poster.

But frankly, nobody here is going to come up with the absolute answer.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
KWIM

Know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If it is an object flying in the sky, and not something stuck to the cam lens wouldn't the most logical answer be that it is a bird. One of those big birds trying to get away from the fire and smoke?

But the OP didn't see the object before the pic, while looking at the sky. Either the OP just missed viewing the bird without the cam, or it is something much closer to the cam, or something stuck on the lens.

The OP should check the skies to see if he/she can find anymore large birds in the area. Doesn't CA have some really big birds?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join