It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object in my picture of CA fire.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

all i am saying is that there are alot of seeds from plants that go airborne as well. it is possible that the seed could have gone infront of your camera lense. i have had that happen to me in the past during photo work in iraq. i had one that looked very similar. though i know your not in iraq its just another point. though in all honesty it could have been a UFO, helecopter rotor or any of the other mentioned. they are all good excuses for something that can not be explained. the photo editing that others did was very good. they determined that it seemed to be more of a Y shape. though that shape could have origionally been an equal 3 point shape that was viewed from an angle. its just too hard to tell

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
To me it looks a bit like a Condor. Not saying it is, but there's a resemblance. Even looks like an eye in the head area.

Edit: Oops! I just saw Darth Cheesecake basically already did this.

[edit on 9/4/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have a feeling it may have been this. If you look closely, it looks similar.

www.air-attack.com...

Here is why........

www.sbsun.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If you notice it's pretty symetrical and the point at each end bends to the right. It does remind me of a Japanese star somewhat. Because each point bends the exact same direction it leads me to believe its not natural, bird or bug. I definitely feel it's man made. It was silent and we watched the skies for a long while after this pic was taken from the exact same spot and saw nothing. All of the water, bases and helipads are on the other side of the mountain near the fire anyhow. Hansen dam is one body of water that lies near us on our side but it would have flown in from the far East to get to the fire not directly over us going north. We would have heard any type of plane, helicopter etc...

[edit on 4-9-2007 by favouriteslave]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by interestingfx

Or any other inventor wanting to test out a prototype before selling it to the people needing them for firefighting. You could be onto something here. Though the outline in the picture isn't much of a match to our OPs picture, it may be that there are several models.

But that still doesn't explain the lack of sound for this thing, unless it was a really radical design.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I think that what could be interpreted as the "head" (or lack of it!) in the first image could be some sort of exhaust fumes.

I thought I noticed this in some of the other pictures watch_the_rocks has posted on this thread but this one seems to be more clear and to show the fumes reflecting a bit of light or having some heat.

Just my novice opinion

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Further enhancements.

The first one is the best, I think.

Think exhaust.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone above mentioned "Aurora". Here is a semi-related thread but you have to read through. The updated picture of the "Blackswift" black ops project did not show up on the thread. Anybody have it?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is an article in this mornings local paper about the Predator based RPV that the USFS is using for fire fighting recon. They specificly mention the fire that the OP observed.
I knew they were using a predator for fire fighting observation, but the object in the pic sure doesnt look like a predator. But a predator would acount for there being no noise.
Could the story in the paper be quick cover story, because too many people saw the object?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When I took the 4 pics I watched the skies for a long while before I even decided to take pics. Then a while afterward both I and my husband watched waiting to see helicopters etc.... We actually werent able to see anything until the next day and only a spotter copter hoving on the ridge as the winds kicked up and it was out of control. My side of the hill had virtually no smoke that day or the next day after the fire. No ash either because the wind was blowing past us toward the fire. What I cant figure out is how it only appeared in that one pic and there is no sign of it in the previous pics or any time later visible by eye. We were looking hard too!

We practically needed xray vision to see the copter the next day and the hangglider to the East of us and they were SO tiny compared to my object in the pic. Whatever it is in that pic is VERY large. Distance between us and the fire is 20 miles and I would say the object was about half way between us and the fire, maybe 10 miles up and out.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
sorry, I'm an idiot.. wrong thread

[edit on 4/9/07 by earthchild]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

If this is a cover story, then the National Propaganda Office (NPO) is working double shifts, because there seems to be a coverup taking place on the east coast of America at the same time. This involves a fireball that fell into the sea of the NJ coast. (There's a big thread on that one here on ATS.)

A lot going on in the skies these days.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gosh I would imagine someone else would have seen it as I could see several neighbors up an down the street gawking at the smoke from their front yards. I am one of the only 2 story houses on the block with a porch that faces the mountains so I see pretty much everything. Not to mention the area it would have been directly over is a river/wash and full of recreation hikes, campsites etc. Weve been back there on picnics and it so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Heres a pic of the mountains on a clear day. That farthest mountain is where the fire was behind.(Directly above the ugly chimney) It's about 20 miles away through winding Big Tujunga Canyon/ Angeles National Forrest. So try to imagine it halfway between me and the farthest peak. Also it would have had to come directly out of the smoke at a fast speed to appear out of no where like that. I didn't even see the object until I reviewed the pics so it came and went in a flash as I observed NOTHING with my plain eyes.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by favouriteslave]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I was looking for info. on the Acton fire and came across this, if you haven't figured it out yet I believe it's a Burt Rutan Varieze (canard aircraft), they fly out of Whiteman Airpark, they were probably watching the fire when you snapped the photo.

But that's just my opinion, Terry

P.S. Run an image search on Google, it's there.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Defiantly not a RQ-1 or any other US drone I know of. The shape is all wrong. Plus those things are small, if it were that size it would be readily identifiable. You could almost read the tail # from that distance.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm in Acton at the 14 and Escondido. We have helicopters dropping water, great big airplanes dropping hot pinkish fire retardant, not to mention all the damn media copters at noon, four, six and 11. I swear it sounds like they're going to land on my house. Talk about up close and personal.

Lord have mercy, if the fire doesn't kill me, they will.

Also, birds, bunnies, coyotes and every other critter nice and nasty is high tailing it out of the area.

But...I think it's a bug.
Terrie in Acton

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh...One more thing. This fire was NOT started by lightning. Here in Acton the sky was clear and blue on Sunday. That part is pure bull droppings.

Yesterday was scary but today is much, much better. I'm not even getting ash today. But this definitely was NOT caused by lightning unless I've gone deaf, dumb and blind!

Terrie in Acton

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In youtube, I found a video about the fire in North Fork Salmon River , I don't know if it's near your place.

In this video we can see at 00:04 an orb (?) near the helicopter, in the left. It's not like the object you filmed but I found this odd.

What can it be? Some kind of ballon to signal the river's location?

Here's the link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't think these people have a clue as to what they're looking at.

There's no way in hell it resembles any bug, bird, plane, helicopter or anything else I've seen.

It's clearly a large object way off in the distance.

People just need to start accepting that some things are unidentifiable.

A bug? A bird? COME ON!!! I'm glad I don't see through their eyes!

I think you have something genuine here. Great picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I feel like Im repeating myself over and over

1. NO SOUNDS from planes, helicopters etc....
2. We are not in an aircraft passage area
3. Definitely not a bird because they fly slow and it would have been in the previous pics
4 Not a bug. If it was it would have to be so gigantic it would fly off with a car.
5. Not a hanglider, very different in shape.
6. Shape does NOT match any aircraft presented yet. Also it would have to be in a downward spiral, in that case it was so close to the ground it would have not been able to pull up in time. Also the people living underneath it would have heard or noticed it.
7. Not a squirrel, DUH
8. Has a very symetrical strange shape and appears to be metal yet has a strange organic property to it.
9. Water dropping vehicles arent crossing our side of the mountain and circling back. That would be HUGE waste of fuel.
10. And finally "mothman" WTF? Does anyone really know what that is? Of course there is the possibility that something like that exists but it's not a proven fact.

Heres my take on it. It's special. Everytime I walk up my stairs something tells me to take a pic of the mountains. I have so many pics of those mountains in the last 2 years weve lived here and I have no clue or reason why. I find them intriguing. I can stand on the porch forever and look at them. In the winter and Spring I love to go driving through the canyon and look at the river, snow etc... It just calls to me for some reason. Im not a true believer in UFO from outerspace but now that I've seen this it's really hit me and I have a gut feeling it's not from here or not of earth, human etc... If any of you have ever seen the movie "jeepers Creepers" thats the feeling it gives me.

I guess we'll just never know but I'll be keeping a closer look out that for sure. Someone somewhere will eventually turn up with a similar experience and photo. Its a matter of time because I feel this is genuine.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join