It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object in my picture of CA fire.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A handglider = your mothman possibility!!! but who knows very good pic of something?? Could be a triangle UFO with aliens lighting all the fires in Cali and in Greece

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's a funny little gizmo

www.buyorlandotours.com...

Here's another
www.circlinghawk.com...

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ok if it was a helicopter we would have heard it...........clearly. This is a canyon area and everything echos. I can hear fire engines from over a mile away.

Hanglider, not likely in that area where the object is. It's too close to the ground and there are tons of houses underneath it.

Here is my hanglider I took today at the other side of my house where the mountains wrap around to the right. See how small he is? Wrong shape too. By the way there is a max of 12 second between the normal pic and object pic. Hangliders cant move into the pic that fast, it would have been in the others too. Also he would have been having to fly straight up into the sky to get in that position.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by favouriteslave]

[edit on 3-9-2007 by favouriteslave]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The shape still isn't right for a hang glider. I longer part that would be the person is coming out of what would be the nose of the glider.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Yup, it is the wrong shape for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.museum.vic.gov.au...
It could be a jewel beetle, although it does seem that it is too far away to be. But they fly towards fires from great distances because they can only breed in freshly scorched wood. Sorry for the poor image but it's the best one i could find of one in flight

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jritzmann

That thought crossed my mind too, except doesn't the wings of a hang glider go in a V shape downward not upward?
uhaweb.hartford.edu...

I didnt say it was a hang glider, my post is right above that one. Just wanted to clarify that.
~J

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
About the object in front of the smoke. I think it's a hang glider from the Sylmar hang gliding club. they take off above and land in Veterans park in Sylmar.
They were flying around a few hours ago right in what looked like the smoke plume. I think they were no where near it . An optical illusion.
The fire kicked up again and it's in Acton CA.
The thermals are good today and they're probably just taking a look at the fire. What a trip.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by favouriteslave

Yup, it is the wrong shape for sure.

yea the shape is wrong, but the color and size are perfect. If this glider was to bank,dive, descend spinning, you could get all sorts of shaped. But I believe if he dove down then swoop straight up in almost a 'mothman' style pose, it'd be a a pretty good match.

I mean to see and photogragh something the exact same colors, and size (give or take a few pixels for a couple hundred feet closer or further, ect, is just too much of a coincidence in my opinion.

Again handgliders can take all sorts of different shapes as can planes or what have you according to what they are doing relative to the cameras position.

I dunno, to me -- it's just the color and size are near perfect to the original image when it was first enchanced.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The image reminded me of a bird of prey hovering above a paddock looking for something to catch. animals.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ya know it just occurred to me...how much ash was in the air? I would think with the right conditions ash would reach you. You wouldnt hear it either, no most likely see it blow by.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This first one is a 100% crop from the original .JPEG (the camera does not support RAW file output). I've slightly sharpened it.

This one has been enlarged via interpolation, and the colours and dark areas have been exaggerated.

I only used Photoshop Elements, so perhaps I can further enhance the photo when I get home.
Also, I scoured the picture for other anomalies, but couldn't find anything .

[edit on 3/9/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Not any ash. As of right now there isn't even any ash on our cars. Wind is not blowing this direction right now and there was literally NO wind yesterday which is why the fire was under containment. Today the wind stirred it up and out of control.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
This first one is a 100% crop from the original .JPEG (the camera does not support RAW file output). I've slightly sharpened it.

This one has been enlarged via interpolation, and the colours and dark areas have been exaggerated.

I only used Photoshop Elements, so perhaps I can further enhance the photo when I get home.
Also, I scoured the picture for other anomalies, but couldn't find anything .

[edit on 3/9/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

I'll tell ya what else it looks like. A flyin' squirrel. The question would be from where did he fly.

Like I said, there's really no way to tell what the heck it is, all we can do is hazard guesses due to lack of visual data.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

sigh.. a bird? a plane?

a helicopter?

sorry about the fire.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Looks like the new black bird plane.
www.apogeerockets.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Say "hello" to the plume moth...

They even have their own website

Jus' sayin'...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
ok sorry havent read through all of the posts left for this one...but could this possible be "auroa", sorry if that sounds stupid but it was a thought that popped into my head.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What it looks like to me after several glances is a shuriken or ninja star. Took me a little while to remember what the object reminded me of. Ninja stars normally aren't that big.

Some pics of shurikens.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Further enhancements.

The first one is the best, I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join