It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Crap, you guys are gonna make me dig deeper aren't ya? Ok, I'll make some calls.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intelgurl

Surely you didn't expect us to just sit back and NOT poke and prod?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelgurl
Crap, you guys are gonna make me dig deeper aren't ya? Ok, I'll make some calls.

Well, if it's only a demonstrator, with engines that are not fully functional, and it can't do mach 6 anyway, then there is no need to dig around is there?
Or is there !!!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Nothing to see here....move along. Sr72 shes like gunna be a while cause you know like she wont be operational until 2037 n all that.

Hey heres some crazy speculation. What if the sr72 never came out of the blackswift project?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Crazy double posts.
edit on 14-6-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Blackswift did I mighty morph into a missile system did it not?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JMH61

what about lasers in a combined "laser-nuke" engine?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You know a Russian Defense Minister said that the new radars could track hyper sonic aircraft. So something has been keeping an eye on russian nukes and the things they really worry about.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: airyspace2015

Hypersonic aircraft haven't been really stealthy to begin with. It's more the SR-71 philosophy that you can't hit what you can't catch.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That thing looks beutifull, what a sight to see. The suoposed pak DA looked impressive from its concept pics but seems we have the real deal here.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

However; UCAV???? I mean exciting sure, but to me the whole excitement is someone flying these technological marvels. Being a UCAV kind of takes the excitement out of it.

Its funny but I feel exactly the same

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: macpdm Pretty good bet Lockheed had a 2 man crew flying a early version in the 89-90 timeframe.Liquid methane blend fuel,2 stage engines,liquid nitrogen cooled,and shock absorbing cockpit and mach 4-6 speeds.The acknowledged version may be unmanned to save money,that would make sense and its been a long while and tech may be good enough not to need a pilot.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Would like to hear more about the two stage liquid methane blend engien. Do you think the modern version is using that?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Check this out...

nextbigfuture.com - Advanced fuel system to enable hypersonic flight by transferring heat.

They say they are in Phase II testing which prolly means it has been done (at least POC, right?). What they really need is the polymer ceramic which can be injection molded. Both are out here in the white world (still in labs but have been announced). So the 2020 timeline looks about right for supersonic/hypersonic planes.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR No idea,was working on refuelers when I had a drunken conversation with a Skunk works guy.At the time he said we would be sending a bird to be modified with a special tank and isolation valves and sure enough a couple months later we did.Incidently,the sky quakes began not long afterwards.IIRC there were 4 being built.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not a new idea..The Supermarine S6b floatplane racer in the 30,s used corrugated wing skins to allow the Glycol to circulate and cool for its RR R Type engine.
Supermarine Schneider racers.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ok guys-- I think this is new info. Seems there has been a sighting of an SR-72 demonstrator and some info has been hinted at. This is my first attempt at posting a link, so here goes:

www.popularmechanics.com...

I know that short bits of text followed by links are frowned upon, but this looks new and I wanted to get this on ATS so that the experts here can have a look at it. Apologies if I am breaking or bending the rules.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

There's some chatter about it on the last couple pages of this thread too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Would the SR72 be strike capable as well when it deploys?

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join