It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Works Promo Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Lockheed uploading a new Skunk Works Video a few days ago. In it, they show a few of their future concept designs. Some of which might not be too conceptual at this point.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Be interested to see what the UAV intake is for. I suspect it's their MQ-25 entry, but be interesting to see it all.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This promo is a more than a bit under-whelming with old technology of jet engines and wings. Most of that clip is decades old. Where are hints dropped to us by Ben R. Rich and others over a decade ago? He said (paraphrased) "We have the means to reach the stars? " Where are the exotic concepts? In a word, where are the TRIANGLES?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, I believe it is their MQ-25 concept mock up. Looks like a slightly tweeked RQ-170.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yeah it does. It would make sense if they did. It would just be a matter of modifying it to carry externals, and software tweaks.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Perhaps video is, "under-whelming with old technology of jet engines and wings," but, starting the 2018 75th anniversary hooplah now might be leading up to something juicy. After all, if it was my 75th, I would want a big splash to celebrate and I would want to make sure everyone was watching. Just a theory/observation.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I suspect I know what will be rolled out, and it would make a pretty big splash if they did.
edit on 9/18/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman Some of which might not be too conceptual at this point.
I think its very possible everything the showed in this clip is already flying in some form... NGAD/PCA demo, VTOL UAV demo, Stealth Blimp, SOFTA, Groom South Hangar Fastmover, black LRSB component...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Maybe the 180? That would be neat to see and would demo there long line of spy aircraft without letting out to much of the good stuff.

Or more likely the B-21

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The B-21 is NG, not Skunk Works. There are a couple of possibilities. I have my hopes on one though.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Greenlady?

B1 f111 replacemrnt?

Pgs?

What are you suspecting

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: penroc3

The B-21 is NG, not Skunk Works. There are a couple of possibilities. I have my hopes on one though.

The one that will melt the internet..twice? perhaps?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Right, I should have said their entry in the contest. I bet it is quite the sight.

Why would they save the platform after the contest. Not like we will need a high capacity sub sonic bomber soon, I'm sure the 2025 bomber is already on already having parts tested.

What ever it is I'm sure it will be neat

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hey Maybe Boengs got something up their sleeves. Boieng secure login page(do nto access if you are not employeed please)

Im just posting this for a lark. I am not responsible for anyone stupid enough to access it lol.

I swear they need to mak etheir pages harder to find.

lockheeds login page(not for use just to look at please)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Very cool, cant wait to see what some of those will look like if they come out. Whats that thing we see at :48 and :49?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

The little scanner looking thing?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm sure that our current technological military far exceeds what is shown in this video.

it comes out in a slow trickle into society's "commercial use" applications.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Two or three glimpses of the T4 Compact Fusion Reactor... almost as much as we've heard since their announcement! lol.

Even got their airship in there!

Still waiting to hear more on their reactor. When you go quiet like that people make anything up like NextBigFuture did by "making" a reactor on paper. Then they made a splashy headline, "Lockheed's Fusion Reactor 100 Time Bigger" Well, duh! You did not "build" it Lockheed' specs in both power output and magnetic field strength but hey, you got a great headline out of it!

Too bad there were no "shadows" on clouds like Boeing's clip from the Super Bowl! Triangle shaped shadows... get the boards really up in arms!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
at the 48th and 49th second of the OP's clip, I had no idea what I was looking at, all the rest is probably already up in the air

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I suspect I know what will be rolled out, and it would make a pretty big splash if they did.

I hope you're right. I'm just saying that it would be a perfect time to give competitors a little jab in the ribs/punch in the teeth. Maybe not a knockout punch, but..............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join