It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Spent some time at Ft Campbell, Was not lucky enough to see anything 'out of the ordinary'

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher
a reply to: intelgurl

I wasn't sure where to come with this post but maybe someone here can help. I live in middle Tennessee kind of in the middle of no where and alnost every single day I see some type of military aircraft fly over. I live about 20-30 miles from Fort Cambell. I don't know anything about this base but that is the only place I could think these aircraft are based. It's very strange how low they fly and sometimes I have heard helicopters at 9 or 10 PM. These aircraft are really loud and it's kind of ridiculous but I really wish I knew why they fly so much.
I've seen all different types of helicopters, if I saw a picture I could tell you if its flown over haha. Also HUGE planes they look like AC130 things(sorry not very educated on military craft)
The scariest thing I've seen was a few months ago. Me and my brother were watching tv and it sounded like a tornado hit or a train was right outside our house(we don't live close to a hwy or anything) we looked outside and 2 fighter jets flew over. Like RIGHT over our house. And they looked LOW, I mean like barely above the tree line it was crazy! I still don't know what to think about it because I was sure our windows might break when they flew over it was so loud.
This is a long post and kind of ignorant on my part but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a base in Clarksville Tennesee called Fort Cambell and whether or not they fly aircraft like everyday? I'm tempted to visit this base and rant at them because they cause a lot of ruckus hahaha.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22 We stopped at Fort Cambell back in the 80`s to drop cargo a few times.They didn`t fly anything but choppers that I recall.some good deer hunting there

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

They only have helicopters based there, but they get C-5s and C-17s through when they have to move them somewhere.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I doubt it has changed much. Haven't been back since 2011

I'm excited about the unit post intelgurl made and have been reading through (or trying to at least) all 20something pages to get caught up.

Fascinating what she knows!

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: Cavrecon22 We stopped at Fort Cambell back in the 80`s to drop cargo a few times.They didn`t fly anything but choppers that I recall.some good deer hunting there

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So have we ascertained shes a flier,WIP prototype or just a design thesis with the real funds being pumped into the Green Lady?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Howdie again all your aircraft nuts, good to be back after almost a 2 years hiatus. I was stoked to see this thread still alive and kicking. Forgive my ignorance and lack of time to go through all of the posts, but I need to ask:

Has there been anything concrete rolled out in the past 2 years? Photos? Specs? Sightings? The SR-71 was my most favorite bird, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what it's replacement/evolved form will look like and/or be capable of.

Side note: How's it goin' Zaph?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

As far as this goes, not a damn thing. As far as other things go, all kinds of neat stuff. Heh.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Maybe look at Gulfstream?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmm interesting..any links you could point me to? I'm always up for some good reading

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting picture Sam took at Nellis in this one.

We caught F-117s still flying in this one.

Just for fun pics.

edit on 2/22/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Lets just hope Mr Trump Never Gets hid Hand on this

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intelgurl

No offense, but in general there are always news
about next generation aircraft from US, Russia, and China,
accompanied by good looking drawings:
www.the-blueprints.com...

or Photoshop: defencetalks.files.wordpress.com...

www.urbanghostsmedia.com...

I suspect it is mostly psychological propaganda - look what we've got type of thing,
but even F-35 does NOT work as expected.

edit on 16-4-2017 by AgathaLorentz because: added new material

edit on 4-17-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AgathaLorentz

The F-35 is working out well now. As for the others, there have been a number of one off or limited run aircraft that never make it out of the black world. There are a lot of aircraft flying that are black. Probably over a dozen, easily. Most of those, we'll never see, or see renderings of at most.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Yep,lots of neat stuff we will never get to see.When I was active duty a highly placed civilian factory rep told me a few things about a bird undergoing testing .The Ca skyquakes started about that time and from what I was told I can see why.There are so many experiments going on since WW2 imagination might not even reach what has been built and flown

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Back around 2012 or so, I knew of seven that were in the black world. And I know that's gone up since then.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
An article from Aviation Week published yesterday.

aviationweek.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: megamac

I no able to read cause you need to have membership. But by the title i say whats really going on is that lockheeds hypersonics is mature....for a while now...but they cant get that tech into thevcivilian market to make heap loads of money for them unless the tech is brought out into the greyish white world.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Th tech had matured after building the Sr71.They just had to make it better.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DS-AviationServices
i still wonder about operational range and weapon carriage capability.
like the SR-71
i doubt it'll be ably to carry much of a weapons load (attack version)
and carry enough gas to fly so fast for any extended period of time.

Why do you say that? The SR-71 was IFR-capable. Plus, with advances in engine tech I would think the thing could fly around the entire planet, if refueled maybe once or twice.

100k up. That's some serious altitude if at great speed.

How cool would a companion development project for a large, fast mid-flight refueler be?

Strato-Whale

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join