It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA research shows paranormal implications - The New Humans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am reminded of this thread a while back that talks about the photon / light producing aspects of our DNA, comparing it to how a lightning bug lights up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Around the same time there was also a thread that was talking about images being left behind in ancient cave art that were similar to some kind of phosphores images that are in space. The idea is that certain forms and images are inherent to life and manifested through light in an electrical/magnetic energy charged way. If these electrical light impulses can communicate with each other inside and outside the body I could see potential for using the interplay to manifest in the material realm rather easily.

I have always wondered why so much emphasis is placed on Blood. Of course we have to have blood to function in our bodies, but they say "the Power is in the blood" and that blood is spilled by a saviour so that the rest of us can be "saved" from hell. Blood sacrifices have always been a big part of most religions. Blood carries DNA, and DNA carries Light and Light can travel fast so maybe blood is bridge to carry a light source, DNA, to connect to a greater light source.

Christian say about Christ, I am the way, the truth, and the LIGHT. Also biblically it is said that God met Daniel in the land of Pineal. Maybe the secret of the DNA is the secret of the Arc of light to retain conciousness after leaving the body. Christ is said to live in your heart and your heart pumps the blood and the blood flows throughout the brain and the body. If you can comprehend why we are always told to look within for the truth you may begin to see that it has to be biological inner functioning of some kind. What else is within? The tree of life with it's roots filled with blood containing DNA which has a life of it's own.

Can DNA live without the medium of blood?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Excellent question!!!

You made some very good points in your post, IMO!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Awesome!

Science confirms something I already know!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Bringing up blood, heres an intersting aside:

Edgar Cayce once said that EVERYTHING will eventually be able to be diagnost in ones blood:

Blood as Diagnosis Tool
Cayce's prophetic gift was exhibited in many ways, including an ability to foresee developments in the field of medicine.

"(Q) Does the blood still show traces or effects of my bodily condition?
(A)This is bettered, though there are still evidences of same in blood. For, as is seen, there is no condition existent in a body that the reflection of same may not be traced in the blood supply, for not only does the blood stream carry the rebuilding forces to the body, it also takes the used forces and eliminates same through their proper channels in the various portions of the system. Hence we find red blood, white blood and lymph all carried in the veins. These are only separated by the very small portions that act as builders, strainers, destroyers, or resuscitating portions of the system - see? Hence there is ever seen in the blood stream the reflections or evidences of that condition being carried on in the physical body. The day may yet arrive when one may take a drop of blood and diagnose the condition of any physical body." Edgar Cayce reading 283-2 -- November 10, 1927

you can find this easily here: sleepingprophet.org...

I agree with QueenAnnie, that brings up an interesting point.

One of the key phrases here btw is this:

The day may yet arrive when one may take a drop of blood and diagnose the condition of any physical body."

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Grock]

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Grock]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Considering that the DNA helix is at the root of living forms, it's not such a surprise that this image was floating around in space. Everything that is in existence has a "double" in the universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I am deeply in your debt forestlady for that insight.

Ill have to 'mull that over fur a bit'.
Thank You.

QueenAnnie,

I agree, the duality of the universe is a universal law (like attracts like, positive/negative/, yin/yang, good/evil, positive/negative, right/wrong, etc... the list goes on and on)

BUT - the implications of such are what (I believe) more of us need to think about (or assimilate within our consciousness - as I would say...)

Everything is of a dual nature (two sides to the coin), everything is cyclical, circular and connected. (string theory even points to this as well - at the very center of everything, the dual nature of vibration).
Another very good point.
:-)

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Grock]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Everything that is in existence has a "double" in the universe.

As above, so below!

Necessary for balance!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
One of the key phrases here btw is this:

The day may yet arrive when one may take a drop of blood and diagnose the condition of any physical body."

From Leviticus 17:11:
For the life of the flesh is in the blood (..)

The word translated 'flesh' can also mean 'self' and/or 'body.'

And then, in verse 14, (still referring to blood):

For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof (..)

And...when blood is released from the body, regardless of what initially happens to it, it eventually flows into the ground and merges with groundwater...water is life.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

BUT - the implications of such are what (I believe) more of us need to think about (or assimilate within our consciousness - as I would say...)

Everything is of a dual nature (two sides to the coin), everything is cyclical, circular and connected. (string theory even points to this as well - at the very center of everything, the dual nature of vibration).
Another very good point.
:-)

Yes; something i have contemplated at length. While we are obviously dependent upon duality for our sentient existence, or so it seems - both for the purpose of sentience, itself, as well as the necessary principle of balance; it also seems that it is that very thing that we must overcome, on a personal/mental level.

This is the manifestation of my conclusion on the matter; it was my avatar here at ATS for quite some time:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
if you watch the interview with David Wilcock on project camelot, you will see that he talks about this, and that it isnt just human dna, but also for example he said that if you take an embryo egg, like a salamander and frog, and you shine the a special laser light of a salamander into the frog, you will see the dna of the frog completely change into the structure of a salamander. DNA is the source of life.

projectcamelot.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Byrd, Google "Zipf's Law". Zipf was a linguist who figured out that the "junk DNA" is actually written in a langue, and the rest of the DNA is written in code. Lots of info on the internet on Zipf's law.

Not replying for Byrd, but your understanding of Zipf is entirely incorrect.

Zipf ranking finds evidence of rule usage in organization. That's it.

It would be astounding NOT to find rule usage in DNA - it would tell you your tool is not working, basically. Because DNA IS organized in patterns, according to rules.

Even "junk DNA" follows rules, since quite a bit of it is retroviruses, old genetic sequences which have been selected against and the like. Since they did something functional at one time, they still exhibit their old grammar, except where uncorrected errors have crept in. That sort of grammar, as Byrd pointed out, is not what Mrs Evans taught you in the fifth grade.

That the authors of one of the OP's link thought they did underscores their lack of understanding of science.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways Blood carries DNA, and DNA carries Light and Light can travel fast so maybe blood is bridge to carry a light source, DNA, to connect to a greater light source.

Red blood cells have no DNA. Blood does not carry DNA as such. DNA does not carry light.

DNA is not alive. DNA does not need blood. DNA doesn't function in "blood".

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

I'm afraid that David is a crackpot. What does "shine the special laser light of a salamander" even mean? I doubt he has a clue what a laser is. Or DNA for that matter - how do you think he can "see" what it "turns into", for example? And how does "special laser light" whatever THAT might be, turn one thing into another?

In that case, why doesn't the "special laser light" of my nice Centipede turn the crabgrass DNA into centipede grass? After all, they're growing together, at least until I get around to killing the crabgrass.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That still neather confirms nor denies the original premise.

DNA is showing paranormal implications.

Both in labs and in application.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
reply to post by ATSGUY

I'm afraid that David is a crackpot. What does "shine the special laser light of a salamander" even mean? I doubt he has a clue what a laser is. Or DNA for that matter - how do you think he can "see" what it "turns into", for example? And how does "special laser light" whatever THAT might be, turn one thing into another?

In that case, why doesn't the "special laser light" of my nice Centipede turn the crabgrass DNA into centipede grass? After all, they're growing together, at least until I get around to killing the crabgrass.

Actually I understand it to be that DNA can be manipulated by using light to seperate by size and shape, or weight. A process called chrome something or another. Just like Silica is used to test out drug metering by breaking it down and measuring the parts with the light wave somehow.

Obviously I am not in the league to debate this scientifically,l but I think intuition and understanding can be helpful in seeing out of the box. I can admit that I am not always right. As a matter of fact I am most likely not "right" very often but I will continue to work on the ideas until I feel like I "know" something.

I am sure they laughed at and belittled lots of innovative progressive thinking that has opened up so many of the avenues that we now enjoy.

Go where there is no path and leave a trail, even if it isn't straight it is a start.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry - which "paranormal implications" are you referring to, precisely?

Because if you're waiting around for it to respond to happy thoughts or chanted spells, you're going to have a long long wait. I haven't seen much so far cited in this thread that's not pseudo-science.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not to be too much of a wet blanket on the discussion, but one of the things that DNA has going for it is the resistance to damage and self-repair aspects of protein encoding.

Most, if not the majority of DNA alterations (usually called point mutations) are fatal to the organism.

Also, remember DNA by itself doesn't do anything. It codes for the sequence of amino acids in proteins.

So the effect is not 'immediate' or 'direct'. IOW, in order to even get another protein or one that functions, you'd have to go through using almost trial and error to find the right DNA substitutions to make the new protein. Then the chances that this protein would work, or be functional is not large. In addition the chances that it functions AND conveys a favorable advantage is also small.

If it does convey a new trait, it might not allow any improvement in the organism's ability to reproduce and pass the trait on to another generation.

That's one reason why evolution can take a long time... (it doesn't always require great timespans if the population is large and the birth rate is high and rapid, as in insects - see the famous moth coloration experiment)

=====
Just read the article. It's junk science. Apart from a brief mention of salamanders DNA repair after xray exposure, it offers no evidence and is really just speculation, though not completely uninteresting. Thanks for the link!

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Barbara McClintock's story is more what I'd call that of an innovative researcher in DNA - she discovered transposons, and eventually won the 1983 Nobel for it, but had an uphill row to hoe to get people to buy into it.

That said, she was a consummate scientist and her work was unimpeachable.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh Christ, the ignorance level of the thread is a bit above normal. Badge01, Tom Bedlam, and Byrd helped bring it down a bit, though.

Well, here we go!

Using sound and laser light, researchers in Russia have found that DNA - en.wikipedia.org... - is able to respond to vibrational stimuli by changing the informational rules that govern its chemically transmitted communicative behavior. They also have found that DNA can transmit their informational patterns (and thus the genetic instructions) to other DNA by some type of vibrational or energetic method.

Bull#. DNA doesn't actually do anything directly. It's just a molecule - deoxyribonucleic acid. Double helix DNA (as most complex organisms have - bacteria don't; their DNA is single-stranded) has a backup copy of every gene (thus the DOUBLE helix). Enzymes can correct mismatches or lost pieces.

DNA doesn't transfer anything through vibrations or energy or anything magical like that. It's enzymes, they can copy DNA.

DNA is copied through a process known as DNA replication.

The select part of DNA that is to be copied is unraveled by the enzyme Topoisomerase and separated by Helicase. It is then copied by DNA Polymerase.

This happens all the time in your body - whenever cells divide. This includes both meiosis (gametes) and mitosis (everything else).

According to a report circulating on the internet - www.experiencefestival.com... - the researchers have used this methodology to explore some incredible ideas. For one, they believe that the structure of human language (known to be innate) and the communicative structure of DNA are analogous. They have shown that DNA can respond to human language, follow instructions, and thus allow influence of deep bodily processes, including genetics, through mental means. They also have found that they can achieve by non-intrusive vibrational methods the same effect as Western scientists who affect genetic function by transplanting genetic material from one DNA strand to another. The report implies that the Russians have found that DNA has many qualities associated with quartz crystals, capable of paranormal communication.

Absolutely not. DNA doesn't communicate anything. It's just a template for the synthesis of proteins. This is called the "central dogma."

First is transcription. The first step is to copy DNA to create a strand of mRNA (messenger RNA). DNA is unraveled and split, as in DNA replication. The enzyme RNA Polymerase copies one strand of the DNA double helix to create the mRNA.

Next is translation. The mRNA is then copied by a ribosome, a group of enzymes. Pieces of proteins, or amino acids, are carried by tRNA (transfer RNA) to the ribosome. The tRNA of specific amino acids matches up with specific mRNA codes (groups of three, codons). The ribosome assembles the
amino acids in the order dictated by the mRNA and binds them, creating a protein.

Nothing paranormal.

This website - www.gardinersworld.com... - includes this Russian report (written by Grazyna Fosar and Franz Bludorf btw - its near the bottom of the article) but takes it many steps further in its implications - The New Humans...

That website is a massive collection of bull# and fake science. I can't find one bit of truth or reality in there.

Originally posted by ATSGUY
dude this is exactly what they did with andy pero. The mauntalk boys, they used hypnotic suggestion. In a way they told their subconscious mind that they could move stuff with their mind or do superhuman things and their body changed and actually did perform the superhuman feats...this is amazing, it could be prof that what the mauntalk people talk about are true.

Simply, bull#.

Anyway, I somehow have the special ability to where somehow when a suggestion is given to my sub conscious ANYTHING that is suggested I can somehow do in reality.

The guy's entire story is such a crock of crap.

THE METAGENE FACTOR: The Metagene is a biological variant lying dormant in select members of the human race [especially on planet earth], until an instant of extraordinary physical and emotional over-stress activates it. (Apparently a latent self-preservation 'gene' capable of producing seemingly 'superhuman' abilities in earth humans during times of extreme stress or crisis. - Branton)

Doubtful.

That's an energochemical, in response to adverse stimuli. A chromosomal combustion takes place, as the Metagene takes the source of biostress, be it chemical, radioactivity, or what ever and turns the potential energoresponse into a catalyst for genetic change. The main focus of the catalyst power is a gland in the middle of the human brain called the PINEAL gland, and the nutrient for increasing the Pineal's action is the adrenaline. The Metagene factor gives the ability of Psionic Power [for better or worse].

Energochemical?
That's not a word.

Chromosomal combustion?
Sorry, chromosomes don't explode.
Biostress isn't a word either.
Neither is energoresponse.
All bull#.

The Pineal Gland is a small, pine-cone shaped gland in the brain. It secretes Melatonin. All of Melatonin's functions aren't known, as far as I do, but it forms part of the circadian cycle, acts as an antioxidant, and influences the immune system (stimulating T-cell production, it seems). Additionally, it seems to enhance the vividness of dreams.

Nothing about this silly and fictitious "Metagene" thing.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Byrd, Google "Zipf's Law". Zipf was a linguist who figured out that the "junk DNA" is actually written in a langue, and the rest of the DNA is written in code. Lots of info on the internet on Zipf's law.

Bull#, wrong. Zipf's law simply regards the frequency of words. Basically, how often they're used.

Also, check this one out: www.emergentmind.org...

Also bull#. This thing makes wild claims, each of which have been thoroughly debunked several times before in actual peer-reviewed journals. I know for a fact the "authors" of this crap wouldn't dare submit it to anything that was peer-reviewed.

"ABSTRACT: Over the past several decades, pioneering biophysics work has shown that living tissues interact with electric and magnetic fields in unexpected and dramatic ways. From initial anecdotal accounts of enhanced healing under electromagnetic stimulation, research in this field has progressed to a sophisticated arsenal of investigative tools and theoretical models which include polarized light microscopy to study the liquid crystal properties of living cells and laser-excitation of DNA to induce hybridization through non-molecular information transfer.

There are no "liquid crystal properties of living cells". There is absolutely no "enhanced" healing under "electromagnetic stimulation".

"Laser-excitation" just means shooting electromagnetic radiation at it. In other words, light, X-rays, gamma rays, ultra-violet rays, and so on. Radiation.
It's just breaking up DNA by damaging it with radiation. No magical hybrids, no magic properties. It's just DNA damaged by radiation. Same reason why your chance of cancer increases when you're hit with gamma rays.

In almost all cases, the results point to a set of remarkable properties of living tissues, and in particular of genetic material: the emerging picture is that of biosystems as sources and domains of coherent electromagnetic fields, which account for practically instantaneous inter-cellular communication and a highly efficient mechanism of energy utilization, and which seem to reflect very closely the developmental and patho-physiological state of the organism. In addition, a wide spectrum of genetic mechanisms now appear to be under the influence of surrounding electromagnetic fields.

Most of this is filler. The guy uses a lot of big, meaningless words to confuse people. It's just a silly claim that electromagnetic fields influence things, which is bull#. 100% false so far.

At the same time, an impressive number of studies in the areas of parapsychology and mind-body medicine converge to show that conscious intent can affect practically every single type of genetic program, as well as many physiological parameters [1]. These studies also show that such effects can be produced from great distances, and that occasionally they are accompanied by unusual energy signatures."

More crap. You can't consciously do anything with your DNA. Nothing here has ever been proven. This # would never stand up in anything peer-reviewed.

My biology teacher husband found this site last week. He says that 98.5% of our genes are "junk DNA" (I hate that term) and 90% are junk DNA in other mammals. So I guess it depends on what species you're talking about.

I think it's about two percent of our DNA that is actually protein-coding, he's about right. Perhaps your biology teacher husband can read this crap and explain to you what's so silly about it?

I am reminded of this thread a while back that talks about the photon / light producing aspects of our DNA, comparing it to how a lightning bug lights up.

DNA does not and cannot give off light. Lightning bugs just have an enzyme (luciferase) that catalyzes a reaction in a chemical that the firefly's body produces (luciferin).

DNA does, however, code for the proteins required to make these substances. I put a plasmid that codes for fluorescence into some (harmless strain) e-coli once. It glowed under UV light, it was neat. But the DNA itself (the plasmid) didn't glow. It just coded for the protein that did.

Blood carries DNA, and DNA carries Light and Light can travel fast so maybe blood is bridge to carry a light source, DNA, to connect to a greater light source.

Well, what part of blood? Red blood cells don't have nuclei, and therefore don't carry DNA. I believe your white blood cells do, though. If you want DNA, you need cells with nuclei. I once took a sample from my mouth for a gel electrophoresis.
And no, DNA does NOT carry light. That's pure baloney.

The bit about Christ and stuff is meaningless, so I'm skipping it.

DNA isn't "alive". So yes. It's just a molecule.

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Considering that the DNA helix is at the root of living forms, it's not such a surprise that this image was floating around in space. Everything that is in existence has a "double" in the universe.

Plenty of life forms have circular, single-stranded DNA. Like bacteria. It's much easier to work with (replicate, splice, etc), but it doesn't have the resistance to damage that double-stranded linear DNA does (our double helix).

Actually I understand it to be that DNA can be manipulated by using light to seperate by size and shape, or weight. A process called chrome something or another. Just like Silica is used to test out drug metering by breaking it down and measuring the parts with the light wave somehow.

No, I'm pretty sure it can't.

I believe that you're thinking of chromatography? That's used to separate mixtures. You can do it with some chromatography paper... You hold it vertically (not necessarily with your hands) with the bottom submerged. Due to capillary action, parts of the mixture travel up the paper. Different parts are attracted to the paper with varying strengths, so they separate. You get something like this:

I've only done this once to separate chlorophyll. I've never heard of this being used to separate DNA; it's not possible or practical as far as i know.

What you can do to separate DNA, however, is agarose gel electrophoresis. DNA has a very slight negative charge due to its molecular composition (sugar-phosphate).

The one I worked with looked like it was 100 years old.
Basically, you make an agarose gel and let it harden in that little clear container. Before it hardens, you put in a little mold that puts little slots at the end. Vertical slots.

You then take a sample of DNA and stain it with a dye. I used something that would bind to the DNA fragments and glow under ultraviolet light. You then take your sample of DNA and put it into one of the slots. Multiple samples, multiple slots. An electric current is made to go through the gel (I'm explaining it in this order, but you only turn the electricity on once it's all set - unless you want to be shocked). You put the side of the gel with the slots (and therefore the DNA samples) on the side with the negative electrode. The DNA will migrate toward the positive electrode.
The agarose gel is a sort of matrix. Therefore, smaller DNA fragments can move through the gel more easily than larger DNA fragments. Therefore, you separated the DNA fragments in a sample by size. You can't really work with them this way, but you can identify genes. This is how it looks in the end:

I wish I had a picture of mine when I did it last. It came out rather well.

(edit: fixed a logical mistake when talking about chromatography and electrophoresis)

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Johnmike]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join