It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA research shows paranormal implications - The New Humans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good story, I have read recently scientists are perplexed by the genomes of blue eyes.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Good story, I have read recently scientists are perplexed by the genomes of blue eyes.

Is this it?

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
its funny when Grock said that the claim he made was personal expereince, and yet you still say "how do you know this"...

By how I mean how. You don't just magically know that DNA has super powers because "personal experience." I'm looking for a reason.

Christ, have you any experience in science whatsoever?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Every cell is an intelligent organism. You can remove it from the body, put it into a Petri dish and it will manage its own life: handle the environment, grow, reproduce and form communities with other cells. In the human body we are dealing with a vast community of cells working together in harmony. In a culture dish, cells behave as individual entities. However, in a body cells act as a community; individuals really cannot do whatever they want because then the coherence of the group will fall apart. Therefore, when cells come together in a community they acquire a central intelligence that is involved with coordinating the activity of the individual cells in the group. The cells actually defer to the higher order of that central voice. A human organism is a community of upwards of fifty trillion cells operating in unison and harmony, trying to conform to the requests and demands of that central voice. And it is the central voice that acquires and learns the perceptions that we must deal with throughout our lives.

www.brucelipton.com...

That's incorrect. The most "central voice" would be the brain, but it depends. Cells can often grow in a petri dish, they are quite amazing. They communicate in quite a few ways. I'll quote Wikipedia since I'm a little bit rusty.

wiki-Cell signaling

Within endocrinology, the study of intercellular signalling in animals, intercellular signalling is subdivided into the following classifications:

* Endocrine signals are produced by endocrine cells and travel through the blood to reach all parts of the body.
* Paracrine signals target only cells in the vicinity of the emitting cell. Neurotransmitters represent an example.
* Autocrine signals affect only cells that are of the same cell type as the emitting cell. An example for autocrine signals is found in immune cells.
* Juxtacrine signals are transmitted along cell membranes via protein or lipid components integral to the membrane and are capable of affecting either the emitting cell or cells immediately adjacent.

It's not like a voice or a thought or anything like that... Cells function in very, very complex ways, but it's all like machinery...you put something in, and the cell responds. The way they function together isn't because of some "central intelligence." In fact, cells don't really have an intelligence - they just work. They function because of these systems of cell communication.

(edit to add link)

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

oh come on, stop thinking with your . and start thinking with your heart...lol i mean haven't you ever had an experience similar to this, intuition or a gut feeling. I remember last year in my senior year of high school there was this kid sitting next to me in a computer class. He started acting all nervous and stuff and i asked him what was wrong and he was like i " i have no idea i just feel really nervous and my stomach feels like it is on a roller coaster", the next period we had a lock down because people thought someone had ome in the school with a gun.

Sry John i didn't mean to be so foolish and try to insult you, or maybe i was just being a #%&^#, haha sry man i had a bad day this morning.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

oh come on, stop thinking with your . and start thinking with your heart...lol i mean haven't you ever had an experience similar to this, intuition or a gut feeling.

"Gut feeling" is no excuse for believing in crap that isn't true. You can suspect something, but you can't just accept things as fact. Humans have the ability to use logic for a reason.

Sry John i didn't mean to be so foolish and try to insult you, or maybe i was just being a #%&^#, haha sry man i had a bad day this morning.

You didn't insult me at all, no reason to apologize.

Also, thanks to JBird for adding the link to that Wikipedia page.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If all they need to use is sound and lasers(light) to change DNA then we are in trouble because of TV's and Computers. No wonder we are getting sick and new genetic mutations are showing up.

I have a computer monitor in front of me and a tv on beside me so I have some kind of cross section radiation going on. I might be slowly microwaving myself and don't know it!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
If all they need to use is sound and lasers(light) to change DNA then we are in trouble because of TV's and Computers. No wonder we are getting sick and new genetic mutations are showing up.

I have a computer monitor in front of me and a tv on beside me so I have some kind of cross section radiation going on. I might be slowly microwaving myself and don't know it!

I can't see sound changing DNA.

Light...regular light isn't a high enough frequency to mess with anything. Your worry should be forms of light at higher frequencies, such as gamma rays and x-rays. Ultraviolet, too. But not visible light.

No worries.
Your monitor won't kill you.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's possible with atoms, why not cells? Good post!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Heres another interesting article concerning this topic that was just released a few days ago.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

Im not sure what to make of all the 'alien implication' talk but it reminds me that the two guys who 'discovered' the double helix (www.pbs.org...) also came up with the transpermia theory (users.tpg.com.au...) and speculated that our DNA may have been intentionally designed.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow no takers... I find the study of how threads die fascinating lol

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

i hope soon they will find a way to program ourselves...maybe even acheive oobe at will, or fight of disease...you never know

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I didn't respond because it's the same stupid # which I explained was just that.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not just dead, but getting very smelly

If this thread is dying, it is because there is no more to say. The OP argument has been thoroughly and comprehensively debunked.

Another case of Science 1, Wannabelievers 0, I'm afraid.

Maybe - as I suggested on page 1 - it can find a new life in the Skunk Works, where angels fear to tread.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
While I don't believe language itself would effect DNA, I do believe thought would effect it, this has been shown in some admittedly controversial experiments. (to be expected with this type of research).
However the placebo effect is well documented, and there must be some biological mechanism behind it, I often wonder if the claim for many alternative remedies lies solely in the placebo effect.
There is substantial evidence to suggest biology is affected by subtle energy frequencies, I believe the geometrical patterns of nature are a result of frequency. Helix geometry is common in nature and has recently been found on incomprehensible cosmic scales showing similar organizational patterns of life.
I don't think it a far stretch to say that the DNA pattern is a result of frequency. Life evolved not only chemically and environmentally but also gravity and electromagnetic energy must also have played a part as well, we live in a cavity between the earth and the ionosphere that acts like a resonant chamber of electromagnetic energy (for lack of a better term). The frequency has been found to correlate generally with human brain wave patterns. We are as much frequency based beings as we are chemical.
While the facts presented here from the naysayers are accurate they merely describe the mechanical observations, the questions here delve into the mysteries of life and cannot be rationalized by mechanical means or any simple answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So called 'debunked' or not, there are serious studies going on in this area that deserve further research -

www.turtlezen.com...

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

lovehealingcenter.wordpress.com...

www.dnaperfection.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
All those are bull# and contain numerous scientific errors. Same crap we talked about when the thread was over.

God damnit, stop reviving this thread!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm curious. Do any of you on this thread have any particular DNA mutations? No, not from 'aliens' and not from half the rhetoric on this entire thread.

The person who initiated this threat had something in mind when he wrote it. DNA research has come a long way and yet there are still many studies prohibited by law - depending on which country you live in -

I personally have several mutations and it's not from some space ship.
It's from two rare blood types that clash.

The healing agent in the DNA has it's pro's and con's. They have been using it in cancer patients and now in a variety of other sicknesses. I just hope that they aren't experimenting with thing great new healing treatment. They don't realize the long term effect. Many heal beyond expectation however.. they don't know how to control it. I would Never recommend it being used for children. It's too new to the scientists that ask for those volunteers.

I'm here to tell you that it's fire. To use it in an adult is one thing perhaps, but in children I'd never recommend it.

If you were a teen and had that option to use a DNA medical treatment would you do it?

What are the long term effects? Will it change your DNA? Oh it's great to not get little sicknesses like colds and such. What this does is if it doesn't have anything to "Heal" it attacks major organs and starts to deteriorate them. Once it reaches a certain point you hope this DNA "thing" kicks in to stop it. I am 50yr old. I look as if I'm maybe in my 30's but my insides, my body is aging quickly. It's healed many things like tumors and cancer all on its own. But you can't stop it from the other things,.. Liver damage, heart damage, kidney and so on. It plays havoc on your system. I've had my regular immune system shut down and I was glad I have the DNA mutation. On the flipside, my system was accustomed to both and I got hit with major problems that officially gave a time table on my life expectancy. Too many hit me at one time.

So take your pick. But don't be foolish enough to think something fell from the sky unless it's God.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hi all,

New member here, please be cool thanks

I'm actually very interested in this DNA breakthrough, spiritually as I'm researching a lot on that matter, espacially altered states of consciousness via entheogens or oriental practices such as yoga and buddhist meditation and visualization.

But what pulls the trigger in my brains is the fact DNA produces some response when exposed with some vibrational signals, such as light or sound, as described in the original post.

What I do for a living, is teaching music to children and adults. I know for sure that music was used by ancient civilizations as a form of ritual, which purpose was to reach the gods or spirits in order to communicate with them. Acoustics played a fundamental role in the process : the musicians performed their ritual in an underground place designed for these rituals, or caves.

The fact is that these special environments, combined with a fine choice of instruments, with the osmosis between the musicians that is essential to make a good musical performance, produced an altered state of their respective consciousness allowing them to open some doors in their minds. They would eventually have gained knowledge in return of their mindtrips.

And as stated in this thread, "it is the central voice that acquires and learns the perceptions that we must deal with throughout our lives." In other words, the mind.

If music can modify chemical behaviour in our minds, then it may have the potential to do the same to DNA.

I find very funny that people always have the word "UFO" in mind, when dealing with subjects involving paranormal. In the first post, I don't think "paranormal communication" ONLY refers to communications with UFOs, as extra-terrestrial beings in flying saucers, but also extra-dimensional beings, gods or God.

Have anyone ever thought of the possiblity that MUSIC itself can be a potential language or vehicle for informations in the body, mind and soul??? I mean we have a possible universal language here, that the mind is already aware of and has produced results according to archeologists, that the DNA could possibly understand too.

I mean if music allows us to activate some parts of the brain that aren't conscious yet, maybe this is a possible mean to teach our own DNA new abilities, by means of music, which is a magical set of soundwaves IMO.

Since 2 years now, my professional purpose is to find a way to change my students' visions on music generally speaking, FAR FAR away from the music industry, guiding them into projecting the music that is already in their mind ready to be materialized into chords and melodies, finally to make it an essential part of their lives, and to teach them how to "elevate" themselves while playing with other musicians (to feel the osmosis...), at the right place and the right time (at night, with the right instruments and the right acoustics). IMO, that would be a tremendous discovery or RE-discovery for mankind, and the common good.

This would be delightful to hear other musicians points of view, about a possible relationship between DNA and music, as well as music as an universal language for body, mind and soul.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by khelgar]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by khelgar]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by khelgar

Hi khelgar, very interesting. I thought I'd reply since I've been following similar lines of interest.

I've also experimented with sound and altered states mainly out of interest in shamanic practises. What I discovered, (which may only be a personal truth) is that emotion is also a frequency, it can be affected by sound and entrainment. I'm not talking about brainwaves which of course can also be altered through entrainment and is no doubt connected.

Anyone who has experienced the true ecstatic states may know what I'm talking about. Stands to reason how music can touch the soul if a persons emotional state can also be thought of as a frequency, and how a geometric structure of harmonized frequencies like a single chord can have a particular feeling to it. Or how some music can make you feel sad, give you an endorphin rush, adrenal surge or goose bumps.

Sound can create geometric shapes as seen in cymatics. I've always thought that cymatics clearly demonstrate that frequency and geometry share a relationship. If the frequency changes so should the structure, likewise the reverse could be true. What then could this tell us about molecular structure? or atomic structure?

Been a while since I posted in this thread, previously I mentioned that there must be some biological answer to the placebo effect.
A scientist by the name of Bruce Lipton in may have an answer to that question. He has proposed that DNA does not randomly mutate but mutates according to the environment. While environment can directly be providing the mechanisms for mutation, our perceptions of the environment are equally to blame, since our perceptions are our own take on reality whether real or not.
The cells are in either of two states, growth or protective lock down. So a threat even a perceived threat can throw the switch and create a biological reaction and put the cells into a protective mode. Likewise the power of belief, a shift in perception can create a positive biological growth reaction.

It's a bit of a way off saying words can affect DNA, however words can have intent and feeling behind them.

Been a while since I visited his work but that's the general gist. His ideas also have many other spiritual implications, If your interested in that sort of thing I highly recommend looking him up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join