It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OK Danx, I will play along, but remember what they say about arguing with swine like me. Ya' might get dirty.

So back at ya in your own style. Point by point.

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by kinda kurious
First, if they are hoaxed. Why should we believe the locations anyway?

If it's a hoax does it really matter where the location is? Maybe it's not even a real place.

Echo...echo....echo...echo...echo.........

If that's the case, I guess the only thing that matters is to learn from this, for the people that thought that this was the real thing, not to jump to conclusions next time we are presented with such a video.

< In hollier-than-thou-voice.> And if it does turn out to be real, what lesson have you learned?

I understand that the points you raise are only hypothetical and that you are trying to establish if the video is a hoax or not and I'm with you on that. Even though I believe the video to be fake, I think we should establish the video's veracity with some solid evidence to put this at rest for everyone.

Agreed 100% Nothing sarcastic to add.

I applaud you for pursuing this, although personally believing this search for the location to be a lost cause, that it won't produce any results.
You might be right. I suppose I will work on a cure for cancer. Another great lost cause.

Originally posted by danx
If I understood correctly you are not with the 'cut and past tree crowd', so you believe that the trees aren't cloned, correct? But they are (very) similar, right?
When I am intrigued by a topic or debate, I force myself to view the opposing point of view. So, I researched 3D modeling software sites to see how easy/hard it is to duplicate trees. My results yielded the simple conclusion that it is an easy task to propagate an artificial landscape without simply "cloning" an existing model.
So my long answer to your question is I believe that the trees are organic living fauna. I belive the "beach scene" is real. I cannot comment on the "craft". I will leave that for experts.

Wasn't that what (apparently) was done? He created similar trees?
Who is "he"? And I thought they were not "similar" but "identical".
That was the claim wasn't it?

If we accept that the trees are also CGI, doesn't it fit exactly with what you're saying?
I don't accept anything except blank checks made out to my offshore banking account.

Shall we continue?
CAUTION: I have been drinking all day since my weed-whacker crapped out half-way through my lawn maintenance experience. I have the whole thing torn apart on my workbench. A whole bunch of spring-loaded parts seem to have rolled off onto the floor. Coffee tomorrow...the only cure.

regards...kk

[edit on 11-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrDil
Never mind........ My bad!!

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

Sorted!!

Here's a short video of my take on them......

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

That video explains it all lol, its as if they wanted us to find out it was a cgi job.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sataurë
There's really no clear-cut way to tell whats real and whats not (CGI), ESPECIALLY when the video has been re-encoded so many times and sized down to 320x240 like on youtube.

I mean, even the most professional physicists and people who study the fabric of reality can be fooled by the most mediocre of parlor magic tricks.

Similarly, even a CGI expert can sometimes be fooled or come to incorrect conclusions on determining CGI. And determining the reality of a video especially isn't facilitated by the resizing and lossy encoding of youtube videos which destroys the original integrity.

Cheers

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Sataurë]

For sure.

I was a professional magician when i was younger - i did escapes and other tricks but, my specialty was 'close-up' (sleight-of-hand)

but, i STLL don't know how David Blaine does that #

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
So back at ya in your own style. Point by point.

I'm glad you agree that it's the best way to address each others posts and to discuss matters.

< In hollier-than-thou-voice.> And if it does turn out to be real, what lesson have you learned?

Unfortunately, none. Perhaps only that I would be shocked that someone with that kind of footage would presented it to the world in the way that it did, providing so little footage and no information to go along with it.

So my long answer to your question is I believe that the trees are organic living fauna. I belive the "beach scene" is real.

Got it. Thanks for addressing my question.

Who is "he"? And I thought they were not "similar" but "identical".
That was the claim wasn't it?

He was the author of the video.
Yes that was the claim, that they were identical. Not my claim though, you can read all the pages I've never said such thing.

Since a lot of people didn't agree that they were identical (an opinion that I share), at least you have to admit that they are very similar and that's why I formed the question using those terms.

Shall we continue?
CAUTION: I have been drinking all day since my weed-whacker crapped out half-way through my lawn maintenance experience.

As long as you are capable of continuing this open minded and respectful discussion I'm all for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If you were a student trying to get into designing, then you would have to show your designs to whoever you are trying to impress, maybe this video was just something some cgi student made up to impress a future employer, then found it's way onto youtube?.
Or the individual clips from Dominican Republic and Haiti, are fom the same place at the same time but have been split up for reasons, so as too confuse any goverment official finding out who the original poster was.
If I had a good clear film of ufo's then I would be dubious about putting it on the net, incase any officials had a way of tracing it back too me, so they could consficate the original footage and shut me up.
So I would look for a way too confuse?. just a thought.
As for looking for flaws in a video to look for fakeness, you could show a video of a helicopter flying to a group of people who have never seen one in their lives or know about modern technology, and they would find things in the video what shows it as fake, although it was definately real.
just another thought.
So still do not know where I stand on this one.
While on the subject, whenever a big budget movie is made involving area 51, why are the aliens never the typical greys, and why are the ufo,s never the classic saucer type, Indepedence day for instance, the ship looked like something from starwars?.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by colz2000
So still do not know where I stand on this one.

Me neither, but I get the feeling the creator may be having a good laugh at our expense.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have a brief comment - If the ufo in the video were real, why did the camera keep working? I have read other supposed encounters with ufo's by police officers, and ordinary citizens that say their cars quit working along with the electronics in the vehicles. The police officer was not able to communicate with his base until the ufo left the scene. I know this is just speculation, but one wonders.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this video guys. If this is a CGI job I hope the creators are working in Hollywood making tons of money for their services. I think with all of the fake videos out there I'm not sure we will ever be able to pick out a real one. I looked closely at the part when the two crafts come close together to see if there are any flaws but the movments and motions look so natural. Good job if it is fake.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Has anyone posted this software demo from eonsoftware yet? There are similar looking palm trees to the Dominican UFO video in this.

Link to Demo

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It looks like Bridas posted a link to the demo video for Vue 6 above me.

Here's a pic from the demo.

I edited this to remove my picture. It had ISSUES.

SkepticOverlord has posted a much better pic below.

I would think that the Vue 6 software would be capable of making a video like the one we've been discusing.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by LazyGuy]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
something else...

since he had to manipulate the video footage to make it all work - that means the trees should be real

if he had a 3D scape he was working from, there wouldn'tve been a need to splice the video

and, that flaw simply would not be there

this stuff is computer-calculated and generated - algorithms and such. mathematically precise. i'd set it all up to render in one take. it would be a whole, seamless piece

the sun would do exactly what i programmed it to do. and, not one thing more or less. i created it

the flaw that was discovered seems to be an unfortunate by-product of using a video clip and match-moving two 3D ship models within it

he seems to have needed the camera angle to be a certain way at a certain time and was forced to splice it just that way

when you have a 3D model of a scene - you're GOD - it does whatever you want

if it were a big company, they would've shot the scene they needed and it wouldn't have that sloppy cut of the sun

it's called 'continuity'

they hire people to make sure the next scene has continuity with the last scene. for example, if there was a pack of cigs on a table in one scene, it needs to be there - in the same position as the last scene

that sun moving out of place is horrific. somebody would get reprimanded over that

good work, tho' - getting to the bottom of it

i guess, i mean, i'm STILL not sure what to think

i looks so real. the more i look at it, the realer it seems

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Capture from the Vue6 Demo

Look familiar?

I'm returning the "HOAX" lable to the thread title.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I could not find the story about the police officer, but found this instead. If the ufo can kill a locomotive it surely can kill a camera.

ufos.about.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes real UFO's would work off of their own gravity generators. These gravity generators actually pull free gravity from the universe, and push it out their vortex nozzels. This "pulling gravity from the universe" would yank all the electricity out of near by cars and electrical devices.

All in all, if you go outside and look at nature more, instead of glue yourself to a TV, you will notice the trues and fakes in the UFO images. Because, believe it or not, TV and movies have been using CGI effects without even letting anyone know. Soemtimes things are easyer to do in CGI so they do it. Some of the stuff is so small that it goes past the watchers eyes unnoticed, and sooner or later people will think fake things are actauly real. Weird how it works, but it all comes down to brainwashing. They slip in little CGI things here and there and nobody notices, over time this becomes widely accepted as reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm returning the "HOAX" lable to the thread title.

At last thanks a lot bridas, and SkepticOverlord.

We probably STILL going to have people in denial, we noticed the tree thing PAGES and PAGES ago, but still people think it might be real.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
there will be more to follow and shortly it will be announced on TV. First thing is another 911, blamed on Iran......Russia will join in on the side of Iran.....this will get the ball rolling. We will experience an economic collaspe. More incidents will follow leading to a short war......then, you will see convincing "evidence" of ETs's blah blah blah.....it will be an incredible hoax....but believeable. long long story short. They are preparing for this event now........

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ok those palms look similar, but what exactly does this proove? Maybe the guys who wrote the software took exactly that palm species as a model'? IMHO too early to label this [HOAX]. This forum is slowly but steadily moving into the debunkers corner...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sorry Bill i see your still and i t looks like palm trees. I watched the ufo video again and i don't see the still you have showed.

I see palm trees are in both stills but thats about it. I know your a big shot but i need more than that because i don't see the hoax. The still you provided from vue6 demo i can't find in the UFO vid. I find similar things but just like a rose is a rose so is a palm tree.

Thats just my take no one has to listen to me i just don't buy the vue 6 stuff and i'm sick of palm tree talk.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
After watching that demo for the upcoming Vue 6.5 software, I have to say that as a complete layman in this area, I genuinely never thought CGI could be that good. Infact, it's really got me interested in the subject!

If it carries on advancing at this rate, how on earth are we ever to spot the genuine article, should it ever appear?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hoax. It is scripted, the palmtrees are extracted from the Vue 6 software, or some other software sharing similar models. I bet on the halo movie's viral marketing, due to the similarities with Neil Blomkamp's previous work. Now we can all breath less heavily since hell is not upon us yet...

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join