It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 42
61
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
the topic is on C2C right now..someone call them and tell them about Vue6..




posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
the tree's are the same? arent they the same kind of tree's ?
go look at some palm tree's see how simular they are to each other



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
At the risk of duplicating pointers (soo many pages to review to be sure) and in hopes of not drawing much wanted attention, the claim is that these videos are from 1979:

79' Drone 1

79' Drone 2

79' Drone 3

Description: Excerpt from author:


"In 1979, some friends and I were messing around with a video camera in a slum area of town that had largely burned down and never been rebuilt. The video camera was old, with a heavy, over the shouder separate deck, obsolete even then. We saw some stuff flying around the buildings. At first we thought they were kites or maybe some radio controlled toy planes. We never did figure out what they were, but we got some of the stuff on video. It appeared as if there were two things, one smaller than the other. They moved pretty fast, so we guessed they were light, like balloons. They would fly away, then come back, for about a half hour. The tapes and camera ended up forgotten in a pile of junk in the basement. I just dug out the tapes, which are disintegrating. Unfortunately, I can't get the audio to work, so the weird noise can't be heard. The old deck functions just well enough to watch a few inches at a time of the tape. After playing a few seconds, the heads have to be cleaned, and the tape has snapped in a few places. I'm transferring what survives to digital format, and posting it here for anyone who's interested in this sort of thing."

Source: The Black Vault


Allright... debunk away!

[edit on 12-8-2007 by spectre76]

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by sanctum]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
as good as those palms look - they don't look as good as the video

i honestly think that's a live-action video with a 3D object composited and match-moved

it still looks real to me...



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, I did some reading of the local Haiti newspapers online written in french from augest 1st -11th 2007. There is no mention of this UFO event. Their was a mention by a Haiti cost gaurd commander today that he would have heard about if their was one and his wife is having a baby
which he would like everyone to know. Oh, and the commander is on the promotion list.

Well, I take it if this UFO event was true this news would take Hugo Chavez off the front pages.

one more thing. great vacations deals this month in Haiti. Bring a camera. and a notebook with the latest CGI and VU Software and get a tan on the beach.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
Ok, I did some reading of the local Haiti newspapers online written in french from augest 1st -11th 2007. There is no mention of this UFO event. Their was a mention by a Haiti cost gaurd commander today that he would have heard about if their was one and his wife is having a baby
which he would like everyone to know. Oh, and the commander is on the promotion list.

Well, I take it if this UFO event was true this news would take Hugo Chavez off the front pages.


Amazing this thread is still going. Even when all evidence is presented to the contrary, people still believe what they want. And for those comparing this to the drones, this is nothing like the drones at all.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
well, i'm simply not totally conviinced - but, i'm looking at all the evidence presented here and i don't discount any of it



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Though it seems that this video is a hoax i cant resist sending you this slideshow of pics from a ufo spotted in the Netherlands at 0.46 the ufo is kind of similar shaped as the ones in this video.a coincidence?

its posted on youtube on july 1st



[edit on 12-8-2007 by muzungu]

[edit on 12-8-2007 by muzungu]

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 12-8-2007 by sanctum]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
how about this?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by never_tell]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Actually, some of the hardest parts of CGI is the tracking and the lighting.

Aside from the palm trees maybe being the same... Look at the lighting. The setting sunlight is cast on the foreground and the palm trees are almost identical. The light looks pretty realistic, even on the ships.

And another is when the ship is passing over the tower, there is even a reflection on the roof from the lights on the ship. However when the camera follows, it seems to stay almost dead on to the ship, which doesnt look very natural.

This along with the tracking almost being dead on as well as the blurs and the shimmering of the lights as they move off into the distance....

This isn't some little fun with CGI, this would have had to been shot live action, then shot again with a (very expensive) robotic tracking crane and camera.


also i found another angle of this video

www.youtube.com...

as well as a slo mo

www.youtube.com...

After watching the second angle video, it definitely looks more fake and those camera movements are no where near hand held natural but look more like simulated hand held. I do a lot of shooting I know.


[edit on 12-8-2007 by porschedrifter]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ok, when I first saw this video, I thought Neat, radio controlled aircraft, then it was pointed out that the palm trees are identical ( I'm not so sure but OK, so then I went on my merry way, dum de dum...then, I was reading about this video on an other site and a comment there struck me as Odd, when the craft is right straight up the camera goes out of focus, as do the trees and such, any Idea how hard this would be to do with CG? I challenge any one out here to replicate that effect. I think you will find this an incredibly difficult task. I've seen palm trees that all looked alike before (29 palms cali) so I discount that as evidence, I will pay $1000 to anyone ( make a note springer cause I'm deadly serious ) that can replicate this effect on a home PC with CG software. If you think I am wrong about the Focus thing, try it for yourself, it's simple really make everything ( including the CG UFO ) all out of focus at the same time. I'm not saying these are alien craft, but I think your debunking methodology on this video are incorrect. It still may be fake, but the cost of this video would be quite High.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ok, I don't understand how after the vue 6 demo was posted, tonnes of people chose to ignore the fact that the "footage" is 100% CGI.
That whole demo is about how Vue 6 creates realistic environments, with wind affecting the models, fakes clouds (The white cloud at the end is fake looking) and on top of all this, the comments about it looking too real is true.
For footage that good in such low light, you would need to be a 80k HD camera with lots of flood lights pointing up in the air to ketch the underside.
And the effect the maker wanted was a home movie type, where the cheap camera has auto focus (The auto focus would not change like it does in the video, because the objects are way out of range, plus the VUE 6 demo has all that shaky/blurry footage done already)

If this camera was real, it would not be able to pick up the detail for such a small little cam corder. ( And I doubt even the 80k HD cameras would get such detail in low light and great distance)



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
, but I think your debunking methodology on this video are incorrect. It still may be fake, but the cost of this video would be quite High.

Its fake! sorry but give up already.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Ok, when I first saw this video, I thought Neat, radio controlled aircraft, then it was pointed out that the palm trees are identical ( I'm not so sure but OK, so then I went on my merry way, dum de dum...then, I was reading about this video on an other site and a comment there struck me as Odd, when the craft is right straight up the camera goes out of focus, as do the trees and such, any Idea how hard this would be to do with CG? I challenge any one out here to replicate that effect. I think you will find this an incredibly difficult task. I've seen palm trees that all looked alike before (29 palms cali) so I discount that as evidence, I will pay $1000 to anyone ( make a note springer cause I'm deadly serious ) that can replicate this effect on a home PC with CG software. If you think I am wrong about the Focus thing, try it for yourself, it's simple really make everything ( including the CG UFO ) all out of focus at the same time. I'm not saying these are alien craft, but I think your debunking methodology on this video are incorrect. It still may be fake, but the cost of this video would be quite High.


Im glad you mentioned this. I noticed this myself but not being an expert on CGI or anything i didnt make comment. I did howvever sit there wondering what sort of program could give this blurred effect to everything.

I think the reason fake or not this footage has gained so much report on ATS, Youtube and many other sites is that it is so well done and it is absolutely captivating to say the least. I think if we were visited one day this would be the kinda thing i would expect to see. Fake or real its superb



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
all i gotta say is that program is amazing



and i'm downloading it now

here's the demo reel for it www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-8-2007 by porschedrifter]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
how about this?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by never_tell]


I always thought that one was real, not sure why. Maybe it's the way the ship's features just suddenly change, maybe it's the way it flies off into oblivion. Obviously these aren't proof positive reasons of a real video, and I'm sure it's probably fake. But I liked it anyway.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drk3p
That whole demo is about how Vue 6 creates realistic environments, with wind affecting the models, fakes clouds (The white cloud at the end is fake looking) and on top of all this, the comments about it looking too real is true.


If this is made in Vue 6, what a killer way to advertise your software. With almost a million views on youTube (maybe more now), what better way to advertise your CGI software than for people to debate whether the footage made is real or fake? Maybe this video was made solely for that purpose as a viral campaign? All the movie studios and video game studios are doing it, so why wouldn't the software companies get on board? Think about it.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
here's the demo reel for it www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-8-2007 by porschedrifter]


Well that's it. It's definitive. All you have to do is watch that trailer and you should have no doubt that the video was made with this program. Watch it and you'll see why.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
IMO it's so fake that it pains me to see people think otherwise, just like with that
Criss Angel discussion. I try to keep my mind open to a lot of unusual and weird
things... but not this crap =(

What I'd really like to know though, if its viral thingy, then is it for... Halo3 or Crysis?
Or if it's StarCraft2, as someone previously suggested, will Terrans and Zergs make
appearance too?! I'd certainly love to see that ^^. Zerglings pull people underground
and stuff lol. What do you guys think?

Based on the tropical location and the ship design I'm leaning towards Crysis.
Plus Halo3 already has that "Iris" thing going on. If this is part of it too
then they've got one hell of a campaign going... hope the game is worth it.

Also, my take regarding this being similar to the previously mentioned "Drone" reports...
I don't think they are related. Desing of the ships and the use of drasticly different,
and for that matter real(yea some people will of course argue this point), backgrounds
sets it apart from the current example. Maybe the same campaign being undertaken
by the different groups of people? Speculations, speculations....

Edit: Just saw pjslug's post about this being an advertisement for Vue6
software. Very likely... very lame =(



[edit on 12-8-2007 by Sureiyaa]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Every time i watch the video it looks more and more real. I just watched the video again for like the 100th time and man i don't know how some think the palm trees are fake. That demo from vue6 doesn't mean anything it means you can create realistic environments with a program. That doesn't mean every realistic environment is computer generated.

I would think that the debunkers would simply try and prove the ships are fake instead they say the trees are fake. It looks like the orbs underneath the ship probably separate. Just a thought.



new topics

top topics



 
61
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join