It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
All the talk about viral marketing around here but no proof of it yet by anybody.

Well I hope you understand the concept of viral marketing, because if this is really viral marketing we might not know for sure for a long time.

Regards, the NYC WTC video everyone screams that it was a TV ad but where is the hard proof?

Anybody have links?

You mean besides all the threads here in ATS regarding the WTC UFO?

Well how about this?

BARBARA SICURANZA

FILM and TELEVISION

SCI-FI Promo (The Blimp) Principal Sci Fi Channel

source

That's Barbara Sicuranza's website and resume, she's the lady on the WTC UFO video.

what else have i got... ok, rather than going away my wife Barbara's ufo tv spot that was done for SCI-FI TV here is still pulling in comment and e-mails... the main reason being that the thing was shot using the world trade center in new york as a location... now we've gotten to a place in the culture wherein my denial of the 'reality' of the thing will undoubtedly convince various people of its viability but even though i personally wish that indeed it had been evil aliens who destroyed the trade center, the blame is unfortunately a lot closer to home and the now famous tv spot is just that: a tv spot with a fake photoshop (or whatever) ufo etc etc etc

source

That's Chris Stein's blog, he's the guitarist of the band Blondie and is married to Susan.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OK, For me the tree thing has become "the glass is half-empty vs. the glass is half-full". We all seem to be split on this. So lets move on. I have a couple of observations I wish to share.

First, if they are hoaxed. Why should we believe the locations anyway? People are comparing the trees and saying they are hundreds of miles apart. One in the D.R. and the other Haiti. How can we even believe the poster? Could be throwing us off.

Second, as JR Ritzman had suggested. It would be helpful to find the location from where the videos were shot if in fact they are real. I have spent hours searching the web for visuals from both D.R. and Haiti. Like a dog chasing my tail.

Here is the thing that I don't believe anyone has addressed. In the 2nd video, there is what appears to be a water tower. There is clearly a ladder attached to it. ( odd ) Perhaps it is a lifeguard tower? Dunno, but it sure makes for an obvious landmark. Also, at the end of that same video there appears to be abandoned or dilapidated structures or buildings. Again, obvious landmark. I have been searching tons of pictures from vacation and photography sites looking for such locale.

Also, the location "seems" to resemble a beach, but there is no water. The site may actually be inland since there are palm trees everywhere on that island.

Just some thoughts to escape the tree cloning and CGI topics for awhile.

This thread is like a booger that won't flick.

regards...kk

[edit on 11-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree the nyc vid is a hoax, lets not discuss that one in this thread..... I remember seeing it before and just yawned...

This haiti vid on the other hand is very well done if it's a hoax. Getting to number one vid of the day on a site like youtube proves it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland

Originally posted by Shades1035
Can anyone post any CGI video of whatever, doesn't have to be a UFO, that looks as real as this one? Just has to be a a moving CG created object that moves around in real looking terrain...

I looked at the vue 6 site and watched the commercial and couldn't see anything as impressing as this vid.

I thought this video was quite impressive, and funny too!
Basement Alien

Ok, here's your typical CGI UFO. It looks pretty good - but it's also pretty obvious it's CGI....check it out.

youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is another pretty good CGI:

www.gofish.com...

Reality should be obvious, but to some its not I guess.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i work for videogame companies (as in many)

FOX
Capcom
Disney
and, others

and, the fact that the video has been doctored badly is a red flag. we don't have to stitch together videos for a promo - we can make them flawless and whole

not to say this isn't a fake

because i don't know

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
+10 on the palm anomaly.

it really does look like tricks of the trade. (copying and pasting models) - with this decent level of production you'd think they would have made the palm environment more natural and chaotic. -- but in reality people's eyes probably don't catch the palm anomaly as one would be focused on the UFO and not the palms. (trying to think like the producer)

cool vid though.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
OK, For me the tree thing has become "the glass is half-empty vs. the glass is half-full". We all seem to be split on this. So lets move on. I have a couple of observations I wish to share.

First, if they are hoaxed. Why should we believe the locations anyway? People are comparing the trees and saying they are hundreds of miles apart. One in the D.R. and the other Haiti. How can we even believe the poster? Could be throwing us off.

If it's a hoax does it really matter where the location is? Maybe it's not even a real place.

If that's the case, I guess the only thing that matters is to learn from this, for the people that thought that this was the real thing, not to jump to conclusions next time we are presented with such a video.

I understand that the points you raise are only hypothetical and that you are trying to establish if the video is a hoax or not and I'm with you on that. Even though I believe the video to be fake, I think we should establish the video's veracity with some solid evidence to put this at rest for everyone.

Second, as JR Ritzman had suggested. It would be helpful to find the location from where the videos were shot if in fact they are real. I have spent hours searching the web for visuals from both D.R. and Haiti. Like a dog chasing my tail.

I applaud you for pursuing this, although personally believing this search for the location to be a lost cause, that it won't produce any results.

Ram

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I CAN SEE it IS proberly an CGI ANI-MA-Tion....

BUT THAT Heecckkking Gotfred smith -IS one fantastic peice of good AAAAAART!!!
In shirt : art.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry, I can't resist.

Regarding the "cut and paste" tree crowd, I have searched many 3D modeling plug-in sites. Most all of the software allows a function called "seeding" whereby you can create similar trees. It is literally a "button push". So why would the "hoaxer" get lazy on cloning trees when most of the software affords this simple option.

The SpeedTreeMAX plug-in can also create additional trees or forests with the help of a randomly generated seed, permitting the quick creation of new trees that are similar but not identical to those already in the scene. The software also allows the user to create an infinite variety of trees, and have them blow in the wind, at any wind speed from gentle breeze to hurricane.

Source: www.pluginz.com...

Verdant plants and trees are different from typical 3D models in that they the can be “Variated” -- randomized. Users can choose the age, density of branches, leaves, and more by making simple selections. Branch and leaf placement and all other characteristics vary, much like plants and trees vary in nature. Users can have just one model and not worry about “billboarding” the same tree over and over.

Source: www.digi-element.com...

Sorry, I should take my own advice and move on. I promise, I am done. (for now)

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Regarding the "cut and paste" tree crowd, I have searched many 3D modeling plug-in sites. Most all of the software allows a function called "seeding" whereby you can create similar trees. It is literally a "button push". So why would the "hoaxer" get lazy on cloning trees when most of the software affords this simple option.

If I understood correctly you are not with the 'cut and past tree crowd', so you believe that the trees aren't cloned, correct? But they are (very) similar, right?

Wasn't that what (apparently) was done? He created similar trees?

If we accept that the trees are also CGI, doesn't it fit exactly with what you're saying?

[edit on 11-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrDil
Never mind........ My bad!!

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

Sorted!!

Here's a short video of my take on them......

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

Interesting, and very good work

J

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Ok, that's one.. Not as good as the haiti video though, not even close....

Anyway, I guess there's a reason this vid get this enormous attention both here on this site and on youtube where it is the most watched video today...! That's sort of huge, and if it's a hoax I guess the creator has to be happy with all the attention.

My point is that it's something extraordinary,

Why would this video get so much attention if it was not very unusual?? If an average guy could make a movie like that it would not receivec close to a million views in a day on youtube and get youtube awards...

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Shades1035]

ok now im kinda confused, ive looked at wtc ufo also the ufo over paris & the haiti ufo, all the clips are pretty good quality, so if its nothing to do with this halo thing & its nothing to do with a viral thing, but maybe some thing to with sci fi tv, then why hasnt sci fi got a link to any of the 3 ufo clips ?, i mean these clips take time to make, & if its an add campain then it doesnt make a great deal of sence to me !!!
oh well what ever the reason these ufo clips are hypnotic to watch i hope who ever makes them, makes us some more to watch

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yeah, but

it's a poor job if it's a movie or videogame company

it's substandard

whoever edited it did it at home. i get paid alot of money to do it right. they way the vidoe was broken down to show the editing WOULD NEVER be in a produced work from a multimedia company

that's for real

i still will not say it's not a hoax - i just have a problem with the poor video. it's not commercially produced

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37
[...]

i still will not say it's not a hoax - i just have a problem with the poor video. it's not commercially produced

Are you talking about this video (UFO Haiti) or this one (UFO Dominican Republic)?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37
i work for videogame companies (as in many)

FOX
Capcom
Disney
and, others

and, the fact that the video has been doctored badly is a red flag. we don't have to stitch together videos for a promo - we can make them flawless and whole

not to say this isn't a fake

because i don't know

Ahh...so you are a top CGI professional - and even you can't be sure if this is CGI or not? Hmm...that's really interesting - thanks for your honesty

J.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Here is another pretty good CGI:

www.gofish.com...

Reality should be obvious, but to some its not I guess.

Yeah - I've seen this one before too - only in much higher res, and it's even nicer
But it's still pretty obviously CGI - nice, but CGI.

Cheers,

J.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Yeah - I've seen this one before too - only in much higher res, and it's even nicer
But it's still pretty obviously CGI - nice, but CGI.

Cheers,

J.

Yes you see, your ability to see that the video was CGI is based on your limited knowledge. Now, pretend someone with a LOT of knowledge in computer graphics looked at it, do you think he would see it even more clearly than you?

It's like a kid playing with a valuble object that he might break. The kid see's no value in this object, because he doesn't have knowledge about it. His parent on the other hand has the knowledge, and can see the value of this object hes going to break.

Knowledge is everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i produce 2D graphics, motion graphics, storyboards, comic books, illustrations, flash animation/websites, 3D models, videogames/cinematics, film, tv, music and mobile content. i create textures, animation by keyframe or motion-capture, create particle effects, lip-sync, rotoscoping and video special fx

i can't tell if it's fake or not

but, no company would put out a teaser that someone could break open and find where it's been stitched together

it would be, as we say in this biz, SEAMLESS

name one commercially produced video that you can slow down and pick apart

you can't. they pay BIG BUCKS for it to be seamless

this is not to say it isn't fake. but, him pointing out the flaws just opens another can of worms

besides, if you're making it in a studio, you don't HAVE TO piece it together like that

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There's really no clear-cut way to tell whats real and whats not (CGI), ESPECIALLY when the video has been re-encoded so many times and sized down to 320x240 like on youtube.

I mean, even the most professional physicists and people who study the fabric of reality can be fooled by the most mediocre of parlor magic tricks.

Similarly, even a CGI expert can sometimes be fooled or come to incorrect conclusions on determining CGI. And determining the reality of a video especially isn't facilitated by the resizing and lossy encoding of youtube videos which destroys the original integrity.

Cheers

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Sataurë]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join