It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
As Lucas (George, that is) said about the original Star Wars triology, his "FX" guys created for him, a lived in universe. The robots were sometimes dinged, dusty and rusty, so were the craft, the buildings and so on. This is why his FX team from ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) managed to create a more believable cgi type of experience. That's typically how you can tell cgi from reality. CGI is just a little too mathematical, precise, and polished. If the scene is outside, it's obviously not going to be that exacting. The craft in this video, however, are not polished, they're just ...hrm..... well has anybody bothered to turn up the brightness/contrast or gamma correction on the thing yet? if so, could you post it here?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
I think it is in the governments best interest to infiltrate a site like this because the members here have open minds and the governments job is to close it. I am starting to think this site should be changed to Debunkers.com because lets face it guys you will never believe anything.

It's in the interest of everyone (believers and non-believers) that everything is analyzed appropriately.

If we start believing everything without questioning what's presented, who's to say that what's presented to us wasn't done in the interest of some Government agenda/plan?

Since you're so worried about that.. you should be the first to understand why is it important to question and try to check the veracity of the videos/pictures/etc that are presented.

Think rationally about this. The videos are incredibly small, the people who posted them created their account on the same day they posted the videos, they are the only videos they posted, they haven't replied to anyone or made any comments, two videos who claim to have been filmed in different countries show the exact same scenery, and so on..

Don't you think we should be questioning this?!

Its all a waste of time it seems we have a whole underground of expert cgi guys who like to hoax and never claim responsibility. Thats right a computer graphics savant doing this in his basement doesn't even want credit.

I believe this is some sort of viral campaign and that's why no one has claimed responsibility yet. You are free to disagree, obviously.. Just don't except everyone to accept things blindly and as willingly as apparently you are.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah I have been using Vue 6 for sometime now lol... I didn't want to bring that up in a hoax thread... ah well, I knew eventually someone would bring it up lol... expect to see way more hoaxes now....

Hey! somebody tell Beefcake, it could be easily done in that program.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi all-
Everytime one of these comes up we seem to fixate on the film rather then look to the easier way to a possible explaination: call or contact ordinary citizens in the area.

In this day and age we have the near limitless reach of the net to contact people in just about any populated area. So, I wrote a few folks in the area/s in question.

There have been no news reports, nor newspaper coverage, nor street level chatter (from what anyone can tell) about the supposed event here. Had an event like this occurred it would have been visible for miles and miles around.

Thats reason enough not to buy it as legitimate footage.

But there's more, as there always is. I find the viewing angle throughout the film a little too convenient, and precise. You all know as well as I, were 2 craft of unknown character coming down at you like that, I'll be damned if you'd be standing still to shoot it with a slight gasp. You'd have no clue if these were gonna set down on top of you, and unless youre a complete moron at that point self-preservation takes over.

Secondly, as a gent/lady mentioned Vue 6, one sees a stunning similarity to the palms in the demo reel. This is a program for environment simulation and creation, complete with wind, terrain, and a host of other fantastic features.

(Note the palms in the video in comparison with those in the UFO film)

Look familiar? Flip a couple of the trees horizontally in either still and you'll see some of them nearly overlap perfectly, or are FAR too close for nature.

If you didnt watch the reel, I'd suggest you do. This is what we're dealing with today folks...tools that dont need backplates for realistic fakes...but rather completely generated CG environments with every (or nearly every) feature seen in reality built in.

I'm sure those who wish it to be real will have issue with calling it CG, but it so clearly is just that. Yup, it's a great film, really neat looking. But if you dont buy into it being a CG generated environment with CG ships modeled an animated in, ask yourself one question:

Why isnt there any people in this film on camera. Not one soul.

I would contend it's all CG generated...ships, environment and all (thats why your palms show seamless integration/comp with the ships...they arent a backplate, theyre CG as well as the rest of it). And most likely using Vue6 or some other advanced package. No people are seen, I would say, because that'd add much more work to accomplish: either green screen and comp them in, or CG a person, complete with blowing clothes and movement, never mind texture and expression. It aint an easy include...thats why I'd say they arent there.

As far as duplicating it, go look at the reel someone so kindly posted a link to. Duplication as much as some demand it (Meier cultists, et al) really proves only that it can be done in such a way. I'll answer the cries for duplication by saying this: show me that area in the video with no ships. A photo, film or anything to show the actual environment exists outside this UFO video.

If it's a generated film thru and thru, you wont find it unless it's been modeled from an actual place (which I have my doubts about).

Anyway, again here we are trying to pick apart a compressed and streamed web video by someone no one knows.

I'm all for saying here and now, if it's a fantastical video by so-and-so posted on youtube that we ignore it. It's a colossal waste of time.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by jritzmann]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
I've been noticing some major clipping issues with the central light on the main craft, specifically seconds :5-:6. The main light can clearly be seen stuttering and I believe this to be some kind of graphical error.

and a fraction of a second later

Go back and watch it a couple times and focus on that center light during the beginning 6 seconds, something definitely seems fishy.

Now that I look at it, the lights in the background can clearly be seen stuttering at the same time as well.

Just like to bring this back to everyone's attention. This is a pretty-clear cut smoking gun in my opinion, that kind of graphical stuttering just wouldn't happen on a real object. Yes yes?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just curious, this may be completely unrelated, but I tried to do a google search on "barzolff814" (the username of the person who originally submitted the Haiti "UFO" footage to YouTube), and although it came back with no revealing information for this, it did suggest I do a search for "Barzoff."

This is a link to one of the webpages that came back:

www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?Who=Barzoff

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Brad.T]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Brad.T]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Never mind........ My bad!!

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

Sorted!!

Here's a short video of my take on them......

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DrDil]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Just like to bring this back to everyone's attention. This is a pretty-clear cut smoking gun in my opinion, that kind of graphical stuttering just wouldn't happen on a real object. Yes yes?

I've watched it several times and I believe its a function of a rotating inner circle that cuts off the top half of the light, it happens repeatedly and would fit a repeating obscuring from this inner circle.
As for trees, again you make one of the white, the other black and they DO NOT MATCH, making them both black and overlayed prooved nothing, OF COURSE THEY WILL BLEND. Its obvious just in the screen cap everyone keeps banding around they are not the same tree, let alone the fact this is a freaking video, with moving leaves NOT just a still image here. Bloody finest CGi world i've ever seen by MILES and MILES

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm sure a few will disagree with this... thats ok.

If you read Brezinskis book "The Grand Chessboard" it states that the powers that be, have a plan for controlling the world. After the cold war was over terrorism would be used to gain control of the people. The next phase of their operation would be UFOs. From 2000 on there is more than 2 trillion dollars in the Pentagon that cannot be accounted for. I believe the US Govt has perfected UFO looking craft and will use these all over the world to fool people in submission. The videos may be real, most likely it is US military.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My lord, will a member please re create this hoax or something similar.
I want to see some cgi magic. At this point i'll take anything that you guys can put together even a guy bouncing an orange in cg. It should be easy right.

Some may think i believe everything well i think that debunkers debunk everything so we are even. Now that we have moved past that can we have some good cgi to at least show that this can be easily put together.

Anyone can post that they think anyone with said program can make this video easy. I just want to see a 20 second clip of original cgi work. All cgi clone video I've seen looks blatantly cg i want something realistic.

Is it too much to ask someone to do something that is apparently so simple.
Show me the money!

And don't say that this isn't even realistic because I've read many supposed cgi guys say that it is an exceptional hoax if it is one. So duplicate this and clame credit and you will be a hero well not a hero but you will have the last laugh on Beefcake

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Think about this - would aliens need extra designs which look to serve no purpose other than scenery to onlookers. NO!. aliens would fly craft designed to do one thing. Get from point to point without design frills. Man likes to decorate with lights, antennaes and noise.

Alien craft design must be functional rather decorative and a clean sphere or chevron fits the functionality of a superior design when operating quietly in the 3 dimensions.

I have to label this one as terrestrial and more than likely a CGI.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks to Dr Dil from OMF I just gotta share This short video about these latest UFO clips

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

My lord, will a member please re create this hoax or something similar.
I want to see some cgi magic. At this point i'll take anything that you guys can put together even a guy bouncing an orange in cg. It should be easy right.

You do realise making something like this would take a very long time.
Whos gonna want to make a whole scene and animate it, and put all that work just to proove a couple of people who are in denial that its CG. Wanna give me money for it? I know thats its CG, when you work with CG, its just so obvious, after all the facts weve seen.

This is FAKE!.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Compositing a 3D object into an existing video (no greenscreen) is called 'match-moving'.

It's not a problem at all to go behind objects in the existing video. The technology 'masks' a selected object and the 3D inserted object can't be seen when it passes under the masks.

A variation of this was done in 'Forrest Gump' - with the amputee guy (who's legs were masked out).

It's simple as pie. I could make that video very easily, at home on a PC. The software costs under $3k. I have it here.

That said, it doesn't look fake to me.

But, the people on yuotube say it's for Halo 3. I wouldn't know.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Some may think i believe everything well i think that debunkers debunk everything so we are even. Now that we have moved past that [...]

First of all, thank you Beefcake for not addressing any of the points I raised in my response to you.

Secondly, the 'debunkers debunk everything'?

I find your wording interesting. The 'debunkers debunk everything'.. so, everything you have believed people have come out and contested it's authenticity? Maybe you should consider that you're too gullible.

Anyway, I don't think you should be generalizing people who have said that this video is CG. I have found some evidence presented here on ATS interesting and some very credible and yet I don't think this video is real. I have seen a UFO and yet, I don't think this video is real. And I know a lot of people here feel the same way.

Is that a 'debunker'? Hardly.

Is it too much to ask someone to do something that is apparently so simple.
Show me the money!

And don't say that this isn't even realistic because I've read many supposed cgi guys say that it is an exceptional hoax if it is one.

You either accept it as being simple to replicate or as being incredibly realistic and 'exceptional'.

My guess is that you believe in the latter, and in that case you can't possibly expect people to do something like this overnight or as a matter of fact, anyone to be able to do it.

Anyway, if you are so concerned in pursuing this angle - in having someone replicate this in CG - wouldn't it be more productive to you to go ask in a forum of people who do this sort of thing?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
it would require 'key-framing' done by hand. too much work to do when there's no paying client.

the trees would have to be 'masked' in EVERY FRAME.

but, that's what we do everyday in my biz. well, for money...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
for the record,

someone posted a link to renderosity.com - that's a 3D developer's site. i'm a member

so, it looks like the person involved in this is a CG guy...

maybe, it IS fake

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I wonder how you could get an email address of a graphic artist that works for pixar or some other kick but animator.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by earth2]

I know from doing the 'welcome to ATS' threads that ATS does indeed have at least one CGI animation artist as a member.
I do not recall the nickname, but I clearly remember thinking what an asset & boon this was going to be to the UFO forum.

Hey CGI person:
"come out come out wherever you are!"

[edit on 11-8-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am not sure what to think and am not here to provide my opinion. I have been reading these threads and i just found it interesting what vue 6 can do as far as cgi. vue6 dot com and watch what kind of videos you can create with this software.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am not sure what to think and am not here to provide my opinion. I have been reading these threads and i just found it interesting what vue 6 can do as far as cgi. vue6 dot com and watch what kind of videos you can create with this software.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join