It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Done.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This thread should be renamed, "how to be a palm tree expert" or the dummies guide to palm trees.
Careful everyone or you will end up with a palm tree fixation.
Joking aside if this was done with vue 6 then someone must have a lot of time and patience for the rendering or a top notch computer, I use this programme and it takes ages too render a single frame.
So if it is CGI for the time spent making it I would think it was done for another reason than just fooling a few ufo believers.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Who cares if it's real or not, honestly?
It doesn't matter if an alien landed, got out and walked up to the camera, and said "this is for abovetopsecret.com!"

It's always the same crap with you people.
When the video is blurry, or far away, and short, I hear "why didnt they try to stick around and see what it was?"

But if it's up close, looks real, I hear "If this was real, they wouldnt have stuck around to see what it was!"

What a bunch of crap. I'm tired of this. Hipocrits.

Now, MY take on this is, if it is real, it's not surprising in the least.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by colz2000
So if it is CGI for the time spent making it I would think it was done for another reason than just fooling a few ufo believers.

How about making money? That's a good reason. To me this is a marketing campaign and the creator of it is a marketing genius. In two days this video is already the second most viewed video on youtube with almost 850000 views. There are already over 107000 search results on google. And already over 1300 blogs.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I noticed something on the second video (the so called 'Dominican Republic' video). At around 5 or 6 seconds into the video a craft passes in front of the sun.

I created two sets of images with the respective frame numbers:

set 1 (frames 172, 173 & 174)

set 2 (frames 183, 185 & 187)

Even though the sun is of a considerable size, how come the craft seems to block the light from the sun on frame 174 and yet fails to do so on the frames of set 2?

Shouldn't the frames of set 1 show the similar effect of the sun as it's shown in set 2?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I was under the impression that viral marketing usually referenced a product - or a subject/object that would be familiar to a product's fans - the target audience of the campaign. Two examples that come to mind are Halo's ARG called Iris (search up Halo 3 Iris in Google and you will get relevant results), and the recent campaign for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.

In the former, the Society of the Ancients (see their evidence page) reference items that are popular in the Ancient Astronaut crowd; the Antikythera device and Stonehenge, to name two. But at the bottom of the page, their "update: Eastern Africa?" section displays the glyph which is now clearly associated with Halo 3. All subsequent updates to the Halo ARG have involved that glyph, or any number of other objects that are known in the Halo Universe. After the initial surprise, a clear match of the glyph was soon identified in a new image of Master Chief, the main character in the Halo series.

The second viral marketing campaign (Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie) turned out like this:

small electronic devices were misidentified by Boston police as "improvised explosive devices", leading to a false bomb scare that culminated in two arrests. The devices turned out to be LED displays of the Mooninites (image here and here. For more details on it, you're welcome to read the Wikipedia article on it.

Meanwhile, we have these videos - and for a stretch, the CARET issue which seems to keep resurfacing. I am not advocating any of the presented evidence as fact; I will however state that since a clear match has not been made to any products - and since the discussed videos (Dominican Republic and Haiti) only feature the same craft, and no clear link to anything else, it would be ridiculous to settle on the thought that they are a viral marketing campaign. Both videos have been presented as UFO evidence - and no one is trying to sell the planet UFOs, so that rules out the "viral marketing" thing for now. Sure, the videos have received a lot of attention. The 9/11 incident did, too. Anyone want to call that a viral marketing campaign?

I say we move ahead with this discussion. The viral marketing angle is -- was -- a viable one. But until a product or additional factor has been identified, I suggest we drop it and proceed with others. We must analyze the video for other clues - and watch the web, and ATS forums to see if anything else pops up. Until then, we're flogging a dead horse.

And it died about three months back.

The same with the palm tree argument. I saw what 11 11 pointed out; however, I can understand that it may not be convincing enough for most others. A picture of a speck of light to you might be incontrovertible proof of intelligent alien life to me; what you think doesn't change what I saw. It is up to me to convince you with something other than the poor image.

Apologies in advance if I have upset anyone. On with it!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I noticed something on the second video (the so called 'Dominican Republic' video). At around 5 or 6 seconds into the video a craft passes in front of the sun.

I created two sets of images with the respective frame numbers:

set 1 (frames 172, 173 & 174)

set 2 (frames 183, 185 & 187)

Even though the sun is of a considerable size, how come the craft seems to block the light from the sun on frame 174 and yet fails to do so on the frames of set 2?

Shouldn't the frames of set 1 show the similar effect of the sun as it's shown in set 2?

I just viewed both photos and (thanks to Firefox), I was able to switch between tabs. Although accidental at first, it afforded me a view of the ship's position. In frames 183, 185 and 187, the "craft" is in a different position. Observe too how the sun affects the tree in front of it - the tree beside the object. This may account for the different way the object interacts with the light.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What I would like to see is some form of protocol for debunking this fodder. As we can cleary see CGI is getting better and more accessable. My worry is that black program operatives have a clear advantage here.

After I found a palm tree at the start of each of the two vids, Haiti and Dom Republic that matched I thought done. Hoax. A little embaressed I gave it time, even after Wildone spotted the duplicate palms at the end of the Haiti video I thought maybe its just an oddity of nature...But after I saw the two palms in different videos I thought done. Hoax.

But then lying in bed I began to think how Black Op Programs or special access programs in the us government are directed not just to deny the existence of a given operation or program, but also to conduct disinfo. To provide misleading and innacurate information to make any revealed evidence appear a hoax, innaccurate or witnesses not credible. They are directed to do so. There are public documents that specify this. This is how these operations work. So I was lying there in bed thinking what if some operative cloned the Palm from the first video that might have been genuine and planted it multiple times in the second for the sake of discrediting the evidence? In the end I think hoax, but the question remains...disinformation is standard practice with SAPs, so we really need to be thorough and thoughtful in analysis. Again, I think we have a hoax here and possibly some marketing for the program used, but we have also demonstrated to whoever is watching how to discredit/debunk evidence. It is a tutorial for anyone that specializes in disinformation. Ditto Isaac/caret.

The question is...Do we have a thorough and regimented process to allow for the real deal to survive when disinfo is thrown on top of a genuine sighting? Just an intellectual excersise. This of course is a hoax
Even if we haven't thought about it, I am sure that there are those in the shadows of our government who are getting better at there trade.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
By the way, The Palm Tree is actually a Coconut Tree.

Check out the tutorial for making trees for the Vue 6 software.

www.e-onsoftware.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw
In frames 183, 185 and 187, the "craft" is in a different position. Observe too how the sun affects the tree in front of it - the tree beside the object. This may account for the different way the object interacts with the light.

It looks like the sun glare effect gets blocked when the craft is blocking the center of the sun.

I created a new set: set 3 (frames 180, 181 & 182).

Can you see a difference of position between frames 181 and 182?

I understand that something passing in front of the sun is gonna affect the light/create some shadows on the ground or objects, but what about the glare effect?

The sun is so big in comparison to the craft, shouldn't the effect we see on set 2 be seen on all the other frames? Unless of course the craft was blocking the whole sun.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
What I would like to see is some form of protocol for debunking this fodder.

There is one. If it's YouTube anonymous, and too well scripted/deliberate looking, unsubstanciated and unheard of in the supposed area it was filmed in... just leave it alone.

Totally not worth it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Vindication feels pretty good...

And I'd like to give a big shout-out to the hoaxers...get a freekin life..

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Capture from the Vue6 Demo

Look familiar?

I'm returning the "HOAX" lable to the thread title.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wildone..

I am not sure that your tone of ?arrogance? helped your case much, but I for one am glad you were here to quickly spot the hoax. Props.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Nah it was'nt me that spotted it actually Im not that smart, but I just had endless arguments over the cloning and even slammin it in people's face's they where denying to the last..thats what I find more unbelievable!

Same thing with the Isaac pictures..I pretty much found the book on how to render in mental ray exactly as seen in the pictures, but to no avail.

Originally posted by maybereal11
Wildone..

I am not sure that your tone of ?arrogance? helped your case much, but I for one am glad you were here to quickly spot the hoax. Props.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So it's a fake. Add it to the pile, it goes to the burner. Case closed.

link   
the person who made the film(s) ( both of them ) admitted on the news that he did this for a film prodject . / Now, I read this also in YouTube as well. but never found the news source. Also in the other film pointed out in this thread, does anyone think the craft look like flying surf boards. ?
just a thought.

Im going to do some more searching for this news source . because the person whom made this has admitted it. just would like to read the story and see how he did it.

link   
I have to ask myself, since I got that brief rush at first seeing the video, what makes me want to believe?

I believe our government is faulted, that there are men who in their deepest beliefs an inner searching obfiscate their primal urge for power with intellectual arguments of how the general public isn't capable or qualified to know the truths they know. This seems not just plausable but likely.

So I, like others, wait and watch for the leaks in the dam to see what might be just beyond the wall of secrecy and of course aliens make sense, but where is the proof? The best and the brightest in astronomy are comming around and saying that the liklihood of other life in the universe is not just plausable, but near dictated by what we know so far. Hundreds of extra solar system planets discovered recently. Where is the evidence of life or aliens? Creation does not waste that much space!

So I look at this video and think and hope. Don't be too hard on us easy prey of hoaxers. Please just keep vigilant for the real deal when it comes and be ready to sift through the government disinformation if they opt for (or have already opted for) that path.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by casketizer
This forum is slowly but steadily moving into the debunkers corner...

Then stop trying to defend bunk! If you could just let it go once a quick bit of research reveals the thing to be any anonymous YouTuber, it would be a lot less painful than trying to do it after flopping around for 20 pages defending it.

Repeat after me. "I sure would have liked that to be authentic, but upon being presented with additional evidence (or lack thereof), I'm going to have to reconsider and agree that it's a huge, steaming pile of crap."

We really don't think any less of you. Unless you choose to keep defending the crap. Then we do think less of you.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Yawn, too bad those "palm trees" are just the basic palms from "Vue" by eon software. And oh snap, the program can be synced up with any highend software. Oh and that program can simulate wind real easy too.

Vue by eon software

I brought attention to the "Vue" angle on page 33, I guess my responce and tone was too forward?

After wildone brought attention to the trees being cloned, the shape of them seemed sooo familiar.Thats when it hit, I see this tree all the time in other cgi artists pics in the Vue gallery over at "Renderosity.com". I was interested in the app for a while, but it's poor memory management and spotty stability was a big turn off. Rendering something at that size wouldn't take long really, i also suspect its made in version 4 or 5 of Vue. If they had a version with the "eco-system" function, the tress would have had more variations leaf wise and the only things to go off of(to show that its a hoax) would be all the blatant lighting glitches and bad(wobble) in the tracking visible at the start. A "real" civilization would send a emmisary or some such for first contact, or attack all out...I mean a flyby of a tourist beach...lol.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by LordBaskettIV]

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join