It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Do you think the hoaxer overlaid the jets with these CGI craft, or is the whole thing fake start to finish?

I am leaning towards overlaid images, also agree with your earlier comment (pg11 or 12) regarding the first 2 objects in the DR video resembling upside down hang gliders. Could be some clever editing artist?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with labeling this thread as a HOAX based on loose "Palm Tree" evidence.

Sorry SkepticOverlord, you're the man and all, but I'm gonna have to say you're wrong in labeling this.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
First off I respect your opinion fully and I would never challenge anyone’s supreme authority here because I love ATS.

Here it comes

HOWEVER

I cannot see how these pics prove the palm trees are copies of each other. The one that you used is a tight shot of them the one that you linked is a wide shot of them. In the wide shot you can actually see the differences in them. I hate to bring up “The Palm Tree Incidence” now, because it will be called this.

I couldnot link the first pic of your palm tree comparison SO. but if you see them and compare the wide with the tight you can see diffrences in the trees.

~Ghost~

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
One other thing I have to add - if this is someone's idea of "clever" marketing, they deserve to have their product boycotted! Why put fake videos (if they are fake) with indirect hints to them being real.

In other words, why perpetrate a hoax misleading so many people to believe in what is obviously the most world changing phenomenon.

I urge everyone who reads this, to ignore such marketing campaigns, as they are feeding off of our gullibility (we are not gods to instantly realize a hoax) and muddling a field that may have historical significance.

Just my $.02

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People lets put this to rest.. They guy or girl who made this vid did use the same palm trees in the video. And the stupid little differences can all be the work of cgi/photoshop, its one of the easiest things to do (erase a little something of a video or picture) I mean come on, this is a fake, put it to rest. A person with some natural cgi skill can make a video like that anyday, especially with todays technology. Heck, even I with barely any skills in that field, can erase a little piece of tree an turn it into a blue sky!!! Geez...

-Jimmy-

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
SIGH

You know, I love this site, its users are some of the smartest and best on the internet.

However, a lot of people here are so trigger happy to call a hoax that a lot of times the SMALLEST thing and they are die hard believers that they found something to be fake. This palm tree nonsense is one of these issues.

Take a look at these four pictures:

(in this next picture, look at the four clustered palm trees in the middle top)

Identical palm trees

These are just four pics I picked up by doing a simple google image search for "palm trees." You can find hundreds more, and probably even better ones...

Palm trees are absolutely notorious for looking almost exactly the same among their species. Not only that, but the palm trees in the video aren't even exactly the same. As many have pointed out, there are various differences between all of them. They all look very similar because they are the same type of palm tree.

Now I'm not saying this video is authentic. Just saying the palm tree idea is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
KUDOS TO AMBERITE!!!!

thank you for your support!!! i was starting to feel that i was on a long and lonley road on this one!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
And the stupid little differences can all be the work of cgi/photoshop, its one of the easiest things to do (erase a little something of a video or picture)

-Jimmy-

hmmmm, so enlighten me as to why put "stupid little differences" and not "intelligent big differences" i.e. why make minor mods?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberite
This palm tree nonsense is one of these issues.

Take a look at these four pictures:

(in this next picture, look at the four clustered palm trees in the middle top)

Identical palm trees

These are just four pics I picked up by doing a simple google image search for "palm trees." You can find hundreds more, and probably even better ones...

Now I'm not saying this video is authentic. Just saying the palm tree idea is ridiculous.

Great work there, Amberite! This is what was bothering me, however I decided to keep a low profile since I am no expert in any of the fields in questions here. However, from my layman-PoV it does seem that some trees esp palm trees look very similar from a distance i.e. wide angle shots. One would need to have a close up to truly rule out or rule in duplicates.

Perhaps these two trees originate from the same parent tree and therefore have similar macro characteristics?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nice try Amberlite but none of your trees look identical to each other. Or to the trees in the video.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Listen, we cannot call it a hoax based on palm trees (downright stupid) or CGI assumptions. All we can do is wait for further clues of CGI or viral marketing. I wouldn't label it as truth or fake, I would label it as... "pending"...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Look at the palm trees on the left and right at about 12 seconds. They are identical. They look slightly different on a freeze frame because it was actual video of a palm tree blowing in the wind and that clip was simply duplicated and given slightly different start times in the composition.

It would seem to me nearly impossible that two trees could have exactly the same features like that.

Beyond that, as has been mentioned, the camera movement is not only smooth, the camera operator seems to anticipate the movement very well.

Look, I've seen lots of videos of UFOs on YouTube that I really do think are real, but not this one. It's not a bad fake, to be sure. But I mean, c'mon, a couple of UFOs just happen to cruise directly overhead at the speed of a small plane just as a professional camera operator happens to be standing there!!

Also, notice that the bright lights on the bottoms of the UFOs don't light anything else in the shot.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by ClintK]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OK guys, now pay attention to the details in this pic:

img48.imageshack.us...

Tell me now if its still fake, please!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by TallDutch]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Amberite sorry none of those pics show identical trees.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
People, the GODDAMN PALM TREES DONT FARKING MATCH!!!!!!

HELLO????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallDutch

img48.imageshack.us...

Weve been through this, its because the trees have been put at different angles.
Ofcourse its not going to look exatly the same from different angles.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OMG

*dissapointed face*

So we are calling this a hoax because of palm trees? Did we make this decision based on the youtube video? Does anyone have the original video? How can we determine if they are identical if the video quality is so terrible?

Whoever hoaxed this(or if a team was involved) deserves a spot in Hollywood! Very real looking.

Im sorry if this has been discussed previously. I wasnt about to sift through multipule hundreds of posts, sorry!

This is stupid! Why isnt anything "real" anymore? Life is getting a little too rediculous!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by TallDutch

img48.imageshack.us...

Weve been through this, its because the trees have been put at different angles.
Ofcourse its not going to look exatly the same from different angles.

So your stating that the trees are not similar because they are at different angels but by changing their angels to supplement your argument they are the same?? How the heck does that justify the argument? If you change the angels of any tree in any photograph so they match of course they will.

Once again I did do the comparison between S.O. picture and the wide and they did not match. Yes they can be of the same species of trees, and if you look at my earlier post they do grow the same way. But the trees on both sides and behind and in front are all different. They have similar characteristics, but they are different trees.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OK GUYS!

Lets wait on what the BIG BOYS have to say, anything else besides that is speculation. I have see many threads here go forever before they get tag as HOAX.

I have seen many that deserve to be tag and never were. This guys know what they doing, I believe that when they give an explanation it will be convincing. (for 99.9% of the members).

We can argue what ever we want but they already made the decision which prompts me to believe that an explanation will come soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
People..... it's so false....

Please....

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join