It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have to agree that the palm tree's are an utterly ridiculous excuse to call this a hoax, and a poorly investigated claim as well.

Here are only a couple of the many flaws with the reasoning:

[1] This video is NOT compiled COMPLETELY of CGI elements. Anyone with half a brain can see that this is a contiguously filmed video (minus the debatable UFO's). *WHY* would anyone in their right mind CGI in palm trees?! Is it not a LOT less difficult to go film some and THEN dub in the UFO?
[2] The trees are not identical. There are numerous visible differences between the trees, and if you live in the tropics like i do, you will know that palm trees have VERY little differentiation in their shapes, unlike oaks for example.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Sataurë]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
WOW<

I am humbled by your presence and your quote of mine SO!

I have to respectfully dissagree with your assumptions. Along with many others we do not feel this has been debunked becasue a few people see the same trees(which are clearly different IMO).

This whole thing reeks!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is a real photo... and guess what.... look at how many elements are the same..... they might be similar.... but they are not the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And we also have to keep in mind that Palm trees look VERY ALIKE if they are planted all around the same time, like in promomag's picture above. This is especially common in residential developments (which is what the setting in the video looks like).

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow...

This is truly amazing. I urge all of you not to be swayed by our collective desire to believe and encounter real evidence. It's perhaps more important to quickly discern the problems with hoaxes and fabrications than it is to document real cases... because there are far more hoaxes than cases.

I'm not encouraged by the evolution of this discussion. In any event, I'll refine the classification as I don't really have the time to "do battle" in this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Im a true Florida Cracker and ive seen these trees my whole life and there isnt one palm tree that looks like another, much less 3 or 4.

Silly

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why would a cgi guy do all this work just to make a totally obvious cloning mistake like this?

[edit on 10-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why would four trees grow up to be identical is a better question.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm still on the fence, but I thought I'd point out a couple things that I noticed.

There is a tree that moves quite wildly in the second half of the video. It's on the left hand side. There has been a lot of talk about how the trees look CGI because they look so much alike. This tree is different. It's not standing straight up. It's leaning. Since it leans it catches more wind pushing it down. I've seen trees that are similar and it seems to move in a natural way.

That's a point in favor of the video being real.

The other thing I'd like to bring up is about where this was posted. Personally, if I had CLEAR, UP CLOSE, FOOTAGE OF A REAL UFO I'd contact someone like Stanton Friedman or John Lear. I'd make sure that everything was documented as well as it could be.

Oh yea, I'd WANT TO BE PAID. If I had video that good I'd want to cash in on it. Footage like that would change the world. I don't see anything wrong with it changing my financial situation at the same time.

I wouldn't throw it up on YouTube and just wait to see what happened.

That's a point in favor of the video being Fake.

Like I said I'm on the fence.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

....... Footage like that would change the world.....

Then why didnt Star Wars episode 3 change the world. It looked even more real in some scenes.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sataurë
I have to agree that the palm tree's are an utterly ridiculous excuse to call this a hoax, and a poorly investigated claim as well.

Here are only a couple of the many flaws with the reasoning:

[1] This video is NOT compiled COMPLETELY of CGI elements. Anyone with half a brain can see that this is a contiguously filmed video (minus the debatable UFO's). *WHY* would anyone in their right mind CGI in palm trees?! Is it not a LOT less difficult to go film some and THEN dub in the UFO?
[2] The trees are not identical. There are numerous visible differences between the trees, and if you live in the tropics like i do, you will know that palm trees have VERY little differentiation in their shapes, unlike oaks for example.

ITS FAKE (in my opinion)

There could be MANY reasons that it is completely of CG elements, and it wouldnt mean these guys are not in their right mind for doing it and yes its less difficult to film it, but for example, these guys could be doing a project, they would like to show that its fully CG it would definetly get them good grades. Or they simply want to test their skills.

Or if its for that job they always wanted, they show them this at the interview, and they are almost guaranteed the job.

The trees are almost identical, if not 100% identical, angles cause the illusion of it looking slightly different, you may wonder why not make a tree look different, well that would take time, and its much quicker to simply copy, also he isnt expecting people to notice the trees anyway, its not important, people are looking at the UFO that in their face. Why would they look at trees.

There is also what seems to be rendering problems with the light, it seems to blink, if youve played any video games, you would sometimes notice similar things.

The whole thing is too perfect, it looks directed, it looks planned, everything is perfect, the view, timing everything.

There is NO news ANYWHERE about this.

All this points it to being fake. To me this is fake until prooven true. So until I hear anything else about this. Id say its fake.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay guys. I hate to say it, but I am no longer on the fence what-so-ever and yes the palm trees did it for me but not the Palms discussed so far. This is a Hoax

There are two videos...the Haiti video and the Dominican Republic Video posted on Youtube. In the start or each video examine the first palm tree.

It's not just the two similiar palm trees in this one video...there are two (near if not) 100% indentical palm trees that match at the begining of each video. The hoaxer used the same tree at the start of each video. Same branches...leafes, profile etc. It looks identical. Two differnt locals, ...Haiti and Dom Republic...two different times given the lighting and posted times, one in the evening as opposed to late afternoon. Same exact tree and viewing perspective at the start of each. Shot at different locations if the hoaxer is to be believed.

I feel as if we are on the verge of a whole new nevel of hoaxes. Everybody needs to bring their A game. Look at the two videoes and compare the first palm tree that is prominent in each. Two Palms near eachother in similair envirornment...maybe they look near identical due to weather and age etc..Maybe, but completly different places and identical trees?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Very nice video but even a kid would know it was fake.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Labeling the thread a (possible hoax) is a good compromise, It makes everyone happy all around. I too believe that this does not deserve the official hoax title yet. Especially after promomag posted that picture of palm trees that all have the same features. Good job promomag, I was thinking of doing that myself.

I think that more of us should do more comparison with objects in real world pictures against the object in question. The following thread is a good example of doing this but sometimes I think that they over do it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Why would a cgi guy do all this work just to make a totally obvious cloning mistake like this?

Maybe it wasn't a mistake. Maybe it was a clue. And one brilliant mind here was able to discover it. Maybe

Edit- Oh and I have about 15 Palm trees on my street so I am aware of the similarities.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To clarify...

Compare the Palm in the lower center at the start of the Dominican Republic UFO on Youtube with the Palm that is the first you see in the Haiti UFO footage. Identical...or near as I can tell without detailed image analysis. Every branch seems positioned identically with the same lengths, widths etc for a fairly unique signature. How many duplicate Palms can there be in one set of data before the odds go through the roof?

Now there are two sets of duplicate Palms.

Who did this hoax?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
Labeling the thread a (possible hoax) is a good compromise, It makes everyone happy all around. I too believe that this does not deserve the official hoax title yet. Especially after promomag posted that picture of palm trees that all have the same features. Good job promomag, I was thinking of doing that myself.

I think that more of us should do more comparison with objects in real world pictures against the object in question. The following thread is a good example of doing this but sometimes I think that they over do it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

did that earlier. check out my earlier post. i even got the tree classification for you check it out.

diff note- im complacent with the new title ty ty no lets debun k it using the ufos.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm inclined to agree. It does all seem a bit strange.

The plot thickens, gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i'm quite happy with the quick HOAX label.

the reasons why i am have already been stated:
no news reports, no other hysterical people within video, it's on youtube only, poster is nowhere to be found, no other reports of same sighting...

are you guys going to stay up all night again, posting every 3 minutes, arguing about palm trees??

there are sooo many different bits of information about a sighting that must all come together in order to begin to validate a genuine UFO experience. there is one bit of information here, that's it.

hoax- now go out and be sociable on this friday night!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Your right ghostryder21 you did a great job.

However, I can see why SkepticOverlord was so frustrated - look at one of the other major forums, they did not even get a full page before they where convinced it was a hoax.

ufocasebook.conforums.com...

However, their Issac/Caret Drone threads are like 10 times bigger than ares.

ufocasebook.conforums.com...

[edit on 8/10/07 by housegroove23]

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join