It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I send a U2U to one of the mods so far no response.

This is frustrating and very uncharacteristic for this website. I don't know. I'm going back to normal life and enjoy my Friday night. Nice working and debating with you guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have already said what i have to say on this but i want to ask for the proof this is a hoax. Why has this been labeled hoax? Simple question i just want the answer to that really.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Who was responsible for declaring this a [HOAX] ???

If you noticed the edit tag on the opening post, I am.

What's the issue here?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Why has this been labeled hoax? Simple question i just want the answer to that really.

The answer has been added to the opening post... link to the issue with the trees.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You know, as much as I think this whole video is fake, the least fake thing about this video is the Trees, imho.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The palm trees are the clincher? You have to be kidding me. I love that first post is edited with tree stuff oh there ya go.

I'm shocked i have only been a member a little while but i have never seen something debunked so fast on so little then labeled Hoax trying to instantly bias the debate.

Labeling this a hoax will backfire and give it more attention. Not to mention the video is on many other sites now so the debate here is small fry. I don't agree with arbitrary decisions but its your site i will just practice my free will to believe that palm trees in many places look the same and that the tree oddity in this video is no quite as odd as the giant craft flying overhead.

I'll watch for more evidence that proves its a hoax. Like somebody actually claiming the grand cgi production. Or if i blow one up in halo 3.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry but i believe it , Just because the trees look the same doesn't mean # to me...

I believe this is a real video.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I find it amusing that the tops of these palm trees are the only things that look similar... not exact obviously, but if people can't see that the bottoms and the size and shapes of the palm trees are so blatantly different.... then I can't help you.

I've been on ATS for a while and this to me has been THE silliest and most obvious inaccurate observation I've ever seen the mods put their stamp of approval on.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes im saying the same damn thing .

comon im sure you guys can make up some " better " bs excuse why this is " fake " ...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The palm trees are the clincher? You have to be kidding me.

I can understand your frustration, but try to understand mine in relation to UFO hoaxes, having been involved in reviewing evidence since my time with MUFON beginning in 1979.

The palm trees are exceptionally strong evidence of a fabrication, along with a fair-sized list of anecdotal items.

Labeling this a hoax will backfire and give it more attention. Not to mention the video is on many other sites now so the debate here is small fry.

And many other sites still believe the C2C drones are real and other sites still believe Project Serpo is real. We tend to follow our own path.

If you can help me understand why a cluster of identical trees doesn't indicate computer-based fabrication... I'm all ears.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As you can see this thread is still open, feel free to keep discussing this topic...no matter what your belief.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You based your whole decision on trees? How about all the evidence to the contrary? How about basing it because “the ufos a tin can someone threw in the air and overlapped with a skin making it look like a ufo”. But trees? Wow.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Who was responsible for declaring this a [HOAX] ???

If you noticed the edit tag on the opening post, I am.

What's the issue here?

SkepticOverlord the issue was the untimely response to all the queries that your members had to the issue of what this was tag as a hoax.

And to be honest that so far has not convinced a lot of people her, I believe is a hoax because of personal experience on some of the aspects but that might not satisfy your audience.

Anyways it was nice to hear from one of the BIG BOYS but I dont think this will do.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
but if people can't see that the bottoms and the size and shapes of the palm trees are so blatantly different.

I'm not seeing that. The entire leaf cluster is the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok, I've pointed out the obvious parts that are not the same vs. the parts that are "supposedly" the same.

If you still don't see it..... whatever, I still think the video is fake, but this Tree reason is just bizarre.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
First off I respect your opinion fully and I would never challenge anyone’s supreme authority here because I love ATS.

Here it comes

HOWEVER

I cannot see how these pics prove the palm trees are copies of each other. The one that you used is a tight shot of them the one that you linked is a wide shot of them. In the wide shot you can actually see the differences in them. I hate to bring up “The Palm Tree Incidence” now, because it will be called this.

I couldnot link the first pic of your palm tree comparison SO. but if you see them and compare the wide with the tight you can see diffrences in the trees.

~Ghost~

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

whatever, I still think the video is fake, but this Tree reason is just bizarre.

Why is it bizarre?

You don't film a real UFO and then CG in some other elements.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Labeling this a hoax will backfire and give it more attention. Not to mention the video is on many other sites now so the debate here is small fry. I don't agree with arbitrary decisions but its your site i will just practice my free will to believe that palm trees in many places look the same and that the tree oddity in this video is no quite as odd as the giant craft flying overhead.

Say... you sound kind of suspicious lol, it maybe nothing but I remember a CGI guy that would post on other forums going by Beefcake... that dude was really good, he used to edit star wars games and such....

Anyway, this is obvious a hoax, why do you guys go on? lol I bet the dude who made this video is kicking himself about the palm trees...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ok, I've pointed out the obvious parts that are not the same vs. the parts that are "supposedly" the same.

The entire "shape" is the same. The cluster at the top is the same. The two narrow fronds shooting out at the top-right... the wide frond low and right... the pair of short fronds high and left.

If you watch the video, not focus on stills, you clearly see that the incredibly minute differences in the still is due to the motion and subtle lighting changes of the wind effect.

And such an effect is easy to accomplish... even consumer-level 3D packages like Poser has complex wind deflection and collision detection of objects.

I'm genuinely astonished to find that many are still feeling there is a degree of credibility to this video.

What about the questionable (or complete lack of) provenance?

What about the lack of any amazed, startled, hysterical voices?

What about the shortness of the clip?

What about the focus changes (there are no nearby objects to cause an automatic auto-focus adjustment)

It's windy... where's the wind noise on the camera microphone?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm genuinely astonished to find that many are still feeling there is a degree of credibility to this video.

I don't get it either, Bill. Whereas I believe the drone images are probably real objects that were genuinely photographed, whether they are models or alien crafts (based on my 15 yrs. graphic experience), this video immediately rang out as a hoax. There was no question, no doubt, no fence sitting -- it's a complete forgery. I, too, am amazed how much attention this video is getting.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join