It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minorities Becoming Majority in Some Areas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by slackerwire
Why should we use taxpayer dollars to build hospitals that cater to unpaying illegal aliens?

Same reason we use taxpayer dollars to blow the hell out of Iraqis.

BTW, WAAAY more money goes to the latter than the former.

I notice that exact statement comes out alot when talking about illegal aliens.

How about we stick to the thread topic, if you want to discuss Iraq, start a new thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
no, the probem is that when you destabilize the worlds economies while at the same time concentrating wealth here the worlds poulation comes here to 1 to leave hostile situations we create, and 2 to obtain thier fair share of said wealth , that is in essence a product of the worlds ecconomies.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Illegal aliens were the major problem. Notice I didn't say all of the problem.

So now, all Latinos are illegal aliens? Or is it all illegal aliens are Latinos?

And if the illegals are so much of a problem, how come you aren't willing to pay 3-4x what you pay for your produce from the grocery store? And that's only a small part of what the illegals do for the US economy.

One more thing...did illegal aliens build that fence for America in your avatar?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
no, the probem is that when you destabilize the worlds economies while at the same time concentrating wealth here the worlds poulation comes here to 1 to leave hostile situations we create, and 2 to obtain thier fair share of said wealth , that is in essence a product of the worlds ecconomies.

Their "fair share"? Now you sound like you think they have an entitlement to something.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Illegal aliens were the major problem. Notice I didn't say all of the problem.

So now, all Latinos are illegal aliens? Or is it all illegal aliens are Latinos?

And if the illegals are so much of a problem, how come you aren't willing to pay 3-4x what you pay for your produce from the grocery store? And that's only a small part of what the illegals do for the US economy.

One more thing...did illegal aliens build that fence for America in your avatar?

ahahahaha.

You still believe the myth of the 5 dollar head of lettuce? Wow, you don't do much research on topics before you make a claim based on them do you?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

One individual case has no bearing on the statistics of an entire group.

I don't know why, white makes right? 3 generations ago my family was working class poor. NO high school. 2 generations ago military family, still no high school. Last generation middle class, Mom and Dad got their GEDs. But they still dropped out. My generation, I was the only one of 4 kids to graduate. Of us 4 kids, one of our kids has graduated.

You are pointing out what Latinos do but are ignoring what my family did, it wasn't good but it doesn't support your thinking that middle class whites might actually be in the same boat. That makes me wonder, WHY?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hey, you're forgetting that you have to look down your nose at those poor, uncivilized people while you're exploiting them. But, when they come for the wealth you hoard, you have to blame them for being poor and tell them to get out of your country.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
AHEM

Alright the personal sniping, attackts etc. need to stop......

Really now they add nothing to the debate at hand and it seems to me once you get to that point, your own argument is on thin ice anyway. If you find the topic frustrating, take a break and peruse the 1000's of other threads floating around.

Also: please no profanity use and please watch the big quotes. I cut some slack going through but if it keeps up I wont

Back to the debate

Cheers
FredT

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

One individual case has no bearing on the statistics of an entire group.

I don't know why, white makes right? 3 generations ago my family was working class poor. NO high school. 2 generations ago military family, still no high school. Last generation middle class, Mom and Dad got their GEDs. But they still dropped out. My generation, I was the only one of 4 kids to graduate. Of us 4 kids, one of our kids has graduated.

You are pointing out what Latinos do but are ignoring what my family did, it wasn't good but it doesn't support your thinking that middle class whites might actually be in the same boat. That makes me wonder, WHY?

Because the stats don't support your assertion. Notice I didn't bring up a case of an individual hispanic family, if I did, then your story about your family would have merit, however I am not talking individuals.

Much the same as bringing up a specific black family on welfare when talking about the disproportionate numbers of blacks on welfare, or bringing up a specific serial killer when talking about the numbers of whites that are serial killers compared to other races.

I am talking groups, not specific people.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ahahahaha.

You still believe the myth of the 5 dollar head of lettuce? Wow, you don't do much research on topics before you make a claim based on them do you?

Yup...

I'm sure those illegals are paid HANDSOMELY to pick produce in the heat all day.

Just like they're paid gobs of money to do construction, truck driving, maintenance, etc.

I wonder who gets all that money that would otherwise be paid to Americans to do those jobs. Couldn't be the same people ultimately behind illegal immigration, could it?

Nah.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
agian you argue entitlement. They just want the road to legalization to be more realistic to the numbers of latinos who want to do their part and co-exist with us. its not true when you say they come here to feed of the land because they work and raise families like everyone else here. Get of it man the real enemy is the government that perpetuates the conditions keeping them here.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

ahahahaha.

Yup...

I'm sure those illegals are paid HANDSOMELY to pick produce in the heat all day.

Just like they're paid gobs of money to do construction, truck driving, maintenance, etc.

I wonder who gets all that money that would otherwise be paid to Americans to do those jobs. Couldn't be the same people ultimately behind illegal immigration, could it?

Nah.

No one forces the illegals to do any certain type of job.

So the out of work American carpenter gets money for an illegal doing his job?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

agian you argue entitlement. They just want the road to legalization to be more realistic to the numbers of latinos who want to do their part and co-exist with us. its not true when you say they come here to feed of the land because they work and raise families like everyone else here. Get of it man the real enemy is the government that perpetuates the conditions keeping them here.

The road to legalization is tough because it is designed that way. If it was easy to get in, we would have every scumbag money sucking critter on the planet here. If they do not like the way it is, they are free to go elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dont know but his family story sounds pretty common to me, I think it is story many many americans have, making it relevant. also it is indicitve because his story is valid to him, hence his oppinion, all related.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I dont know but his family story sounds pretty common to me, I think it is story many many americans have, making it relevant. also it is indicitve because his story is valid to him, hence his oppinion, all related.

Everyone in a family except for one person dropping out is common to you?

The stats show otherwise.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
scum bag money....critter.....sir if you dont mind me asking what NATINALITY is your family, I know you are american, but from what country did you people originate from?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

scum bag money....critter.....sir if you dont mind me asking what NATINALITY is your family, I know you are american, but from what country did you people originate from?

I am a mix of english, swedish, and polish.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Now be real, newyorkee...

Don't pretend the illegals aren't leaving Mexico because the Mexican government is screwing them royally. Hell, can you blame them when you're lucky to get paid 4 chollies an hour for hard work?

We can't forget that the uber-corrupt Mexican government is in cahoots with the uber-corrupt US government in all this. Hell, when you're rich at the expense of your citizens, it doesn't matter what country you're from. Works out all the same for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
so you are an expert on the reasons why people come to this country beig that you represent countries with such a high and complex rate of migration...or maybe you extrapulate that from fox news. Those countries have relatively low immigration rates because of a relatively low population. Maybe you think because YOUR family wasnt comming here in great numbers from your mother countries that other countries are parisites when they have larger populations.good logic. dont get scared the world is pretty big. Are you an expert or work for the naturalization services.

also his story is common because it shows a steady in crease in level of educatuion based on time here.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

so you are an expert on the reasons why people come to this country beig that you represent countries with such a high and complex rate of migration...or maybe you extrapulate that from fox news. Those countries have relatively low immigration rates because of a relatively low population. Are you an expert or work for the naturalization services.

also his story is common because it shows a steady in crease in level of educatuion based on time here.

2 people in his family graduating high school over generations shows an increase?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join