It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

Descriptive words for simple ideas

If the parrable was good enough for Christ its good enough for me..

After all, the truth is the truth..now isnt it.

and yes..Its just that simple..

Love

Glad you picked that up.

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This occured to me as I was making a sandwhich regarding your statement on me writing so much but saying so little...

Is it possible that I write so much, and you understand so little..?

The glass is half full, or the glass if half empty..?

Someone I know, said.." I speak this way so that in seeing they do not see, and in hearing they do not hear "

Not a parrable..a statement.

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Is it possible that I write so much, and you understand so little..?

Of course thats possible!
I'm not always the brightest star in the sky,lol.

I guess what i meant was,we all know the difference of good and evil,we know how life works etc,so its not necessary to keep using it as an answer.Some of your replies are almost politian like! lol.

And slightly off topic....

The glass is half full, or the glass if half empty..?

If you have poured liquid into a glass and filled it half way,it is half full.
If you have taken half the liquid out,then it is half empty.

And as that question usually comes up when people are drinking,the glass will always be half empty!
Sorry,lol.have just never liked that that saying in relation to being optomistic and pessimistic.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good repsonse!

Yeah..

thats a warning shot when someone tells me I start to sound like a politician. Imi going to have to watch that lol

How about the Glass is at half capacity?..lol..

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by HIFIGUY

God creates Evil.
God creates Man.
Man commits Sin.
God blames the Devil.
Man blames Man.
Man commits more Sin,
because God created Evil.

LOL.

God blames men for what men do.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
... Are you serious? You think those people want to suffer? We can't control others if you didn't know. W8 maybe you can... hmm religion?
[edit on 21-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

People hurt other people. It's up to men to choose what they do to other men. Either by hurting or helping, depriving or giving.

Look at men as though they are cells creating an individual body. We form one whole, one organism that feeds, produces waste, has a collective consciousness, etc.

If something is divided against itself, it will fall.

If man could ony set priorties straight... We fail to see the whole which is all of ourselves combined.

The serpent, which after being cast down and doomed, wished do deprive the creation which God loved most, the human being, of the glory that God created for them... Earth, and all that is in it, Good and gentle, no fighting, no strife, and most of all... being with GOD. "God was walking through the garden...". Humanity at that moment fell for the trap.

God not allowing sin to be in his presence... severed the holy connection.
Death began, the motor of decay activated. Imperfection. Mental, physical disease. The concept of self. Adam and Eve creating coverings... "you can't look at me"

He did not forsake us though. Christ came, told us what to do. Love, and peace shall reign! But the imperfection runs deep.

The serpent has amassed an army of evil men that care about themselves more than their neighboors, think they are better than others. They control the world. We read about them on ATS.

Jesus threw the paper onto your proverbial doorstep. Read the good news and pass it on. Through action, love. Evil men will be here until... they simply cease to be.

God is coming full circle.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

If Jesus couldn't defeat the Devil,and if Jesus couldn't convert all of mankind,how are mere mortals supposed to do it??

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Jesus DID defeat the devil! We are set free and the devil has no power over us, anymore!(We can let him into our lives through negligence, though)
AND... Jesus provided the way (himself) to save ALL of mankind, but, it's every individual's choice

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

How about the Glass is at half capacity?..lol..

Much better.lol

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

A defeated enemy has no power!
If the Devil can still get to us then Jesus has not defeated him!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What kind of power did the 'devil' have before 'Jesus' 'defeated' it, over mankind?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Soul destruction. If you accept the sacrifice, you are saved.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well,if you believe in that kinda thing...before the Devil fell there was no sin in the world.afterwards there was,he corrupted people through temptation.

Now if the Devil has been defeated,he should have no powers with which to corrupt mankind.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What kind of power did the 'devil' have before 'Jesus' 'defeated' it, over mankind?

Christ defeated Death by defeating Sin. Death has no hold on you if come through him.

The message of the Ressurection

Peace

[edit on 5-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Why do you, those that do, believe in God?

You cannot prove he exists. I know there's going to be people that say, "Well, you can't prove he dosn't either". So? I guess then I'll worship Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, The Loch Ness monster, or any other mythical beast. You can't prove they dont exist either. "Theres no proof it does or doesn't, so it exists." I guess Wizards, Giants, heck, even Lygars exist.

Prove to me, your god. Why do you believe.

I am going to skip through the whole thread and answer your question and i won't bother reading the rest because your question above is "Why do you, those that do, believe in God"?

"Happy is he who has not seen and yet believes". Just like your analogy, you can't prove the Loch Ness Monster does or does not extist. Same with God isn't it. You cannot prove or disprove he exists.

So you have really answered your own question by means of your analogy.

And back to your first statement "You cannot prove he exists" - you cannot prove he doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Christ defeated Death by defeating Sin. Death has no hold on you if come through him.

Damn right. You will have eternal life. You will not die. Your body will expire but your soul will not die if you believe in him. So it's a triumph over death. Death cannot claim you.

Great post HIFIGUY!

[edit on 5/10/2007 by shearder]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

ROFL ...

Back to OP:
Since they're claiming all these stuff, they're the one whose meant to provide evidence.

It's like same as suing someone. If you accuse someone of stealing your stuff. Your meant to prove that he/she did that, and not the accused proving he didn't do it...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

ROFL ...

Well i guess that told me. I was expecting at least some sort of intelligent retort but I guess a laugh is about as good as it is going to get. If one has no intellectual argument it is easy to avoid by laughing it off... I can't say it was unexpected. ROFL ...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Damn right. You will have eternal life. You will not die. Your body will expire but your soul will not die if you believe in him. So it's a triumph over death. Death cannot claim you.

That doesn't have anything to do with the Devil!

The Devil does not equal Death,he equals sin!

So if Jesus defeated the Devil,why does he still have power??

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

That doesn't have anything to do with the Devil!

The Devil does not equal Death,he equals sin!

So if Jesus defeated the Devil,why does he still have power??

We Sin, therefore we are Mortal.

Immortality is not compatible with Sin.

Christ died as a perfect sacrifice defeating sin in the process and thus gathering us into his fold.

As far as the Devil is concerned, everything under creation is under the hand of God.

I have found scripture where Christ is quoted to have said..." Away from me bad thought ".

If one equates the devil to bad thought which equates to sin, either way its an error in thought and way. Hence sin. Sin is an error in being. Dont eat from the tree. They did, which was against the will of God. Hence Sin and Error in way.

When one states that this world is run by the devil, well....

With 600 Million Homeless, 60 Million who starve to death every year, 6 Million of them are children, and 40 Million South American Homeless Children.

We pay farmers not to raise food while the world starves..Something is backwards. Id day something is out of balance..

Mankind wont see a change in this world until he embraces the command of Christ which was very simple.

Love God. Love Each other. In doing that you Honor God.When you honor God, you honor Christ. If you dont love one another what is the option?

Hate one Another? Sounds like War. Forgive they enemies ...!

When everyone on earth loves each other without bias, well the world just might change now wont it. Not Heaven, but alot better then it is.

The World Changes. Revelation says it wont happen and that people will still be in denial right up to the end.

Its Ok..somone comes and saves the day.

And for those that know, their ears that hear but do not hear, and their eyes that see that do not see. Ever will they see and hear but not understand. I speak this way so that in seeing they do not see, and in hearing they do not hear.

Let us dust off our sandles and move on.

Peace

[edit on 5-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join