It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

The world would become a very crowded place if we were immortal,would it not??

You believe that the horror will end when we all learn to love one another,but how is that possible when the Devil still corrupts?
Its all well and good to say that we have heard the words of God/Jesus and the path to paradise is open.But for many people that path is blocked.Why?
Because Jesus did not/has not defeated the Devil!

With 600 Million Homeless, 60 Million who starve to death every year, 6 Million of them are children, and 40 Million South American Homeless Children.

What would you do to help these people? How could you ease their suffering?

You don't have money to house them.You don't have food to feed them.All you have are words.And these words may comfort,they may give peace.But they don't give what these people really need!

Food and shelter.Not much to ask for,yet God cannot give it.

How much suffering will God inflict on mankind before he is satisfied?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
How can you honestly believe in God.

For me it started with faith...then came proof.

Blessings....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

You summed this up quite nicely my friend!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

The world would become a very crowded place if we were immortal,would it not??

As far as we know, its pretty hard to crowd an infinite universe

You believe that the horror will end when we all learn to love one another,but how is that possible when the Devil still corrupts?

Is it easier to say the Devil made you do it or that you did it.
Time to stop blaming another entity and take responsibility for ones own actions.

Its all well and good to say that we have heard the words of God/Jesus and the path to paradise is open.But for many people that path is blocked.Why?

Christ said, do what I command and I know you love me. The path is not blocked.

Because Jesus did not/has not defeated the Devil!

Fear not the one who can take your physcial body, but the one that can take both. The Devil you speak is in every man. Bad thought. Bad ways.
The sin that blocked you from being saved, has been overthrown through the death of one who was without sin and rose from the dead to show that indeed death hathe no power over him or us.

With 600 Million Homeless, 60 Million who starve to death every year, 6 Million of them are children, and 40 Million South American Homeless Children.

What would you do to help these people? How could you ease their suffering?

How does one plant a field? One seed at a time. Eventually the plant overgrows what was once a barren waste. This problem is right here in America. Right outside your door. Change starts with a different way.

You don't have money to house them.You don't have food to feed them.All you have are words.And these words may comfort,they may give peace.But they don't give what these people really need!

We broker and horde what was not ours to broker. Did Adam exercise his might in the garden so that he might sell to Eve what he took for himself and kept from her?

Have you not seen how we send charitable items to other countries only to see that people resell and broker them. This world has been made a den of thieves at every level.

We have plenty yet what is ours does not go out to those in need.

God has given you everything that you see and feel around you including your very life.

Correction. How much suffering will man inflict on mankind while the tree is green before he learns.

If we do this when times are good, what will we do when times are bad..

Change starts with every seed planted. The lesson of the Mustard Seed

Peace

[edit on 5-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Is it easier to say the Devil made you do it or that you did it.

Of course its easier.
But saying it means nothing if you are not a believer.
And i believe people should take responsibility for their actions,as should God.He allows the Devil to be wicked,he gives power to the Devils behaviour,should he not be held accountable??

It is Christians who say that it is the Devil who has brought all these woes on mankind through his tempting of Eve.

But is the Devil really evil?
Could it not be as Nietzsche said,"the Devil is the first friend of knowledge."

(don't know why the links below keep coming up as images.there not.they're links to a cpl of pages that are worth looking at.)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

But is the Devil really evil?
Could it not be as Nietzsche said,"the Devil is the first friend of knowledge."

Good response. In regards to Nietzsche, I would respond,

There are some things I wish I never knew.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I read your story,and not to disrespect you or anything,i just find it fascinating that the vast majority of people who claim to have seen God have experienced it when they are near death.
And why is it always God & Heaven,you never hear of people having a glimpse of the Devil & Hell.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Cheers.

I think there are many people like that,including myself.
But the many bad things in my head are vastly out weighed by the good!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Do you know what is beautiful?

This world.

As much as we have made it ugly.

My heart bursts....I see things soooooooooooo very lovely.

My heart sits upon a mountain of woe.
My soul sings
Of others tails... that grasp...of long ago
The very essencence... that this life brings

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I agree with you 100%
The world has a beauty that takes your breath away.Its just a shame so many people can't see that.

Some don't see it because they just don't care.Some can't see it because the ugliness and suffering of their life blinds them too it.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My heart sits upon a mountain of woe.
My soul sings...
Of other's tails... that grasp...of long ago
The very essencence... that this life brings.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I read your story,and not to disrespect you or anything,i just find it fascinating that the vast majority of people who claim to have seen God have experienced it when they are near death.
And why is it always God & Heaven,you never hear of people having a glimpse of the Devil & Hell.

You know this experience, science can now re-create now. It's not as intense, but the same experience...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

Yeah,the marvels of science.lol.Interesting too,do you know how they do it??

For all i know kinglizard could of seen God.
But then again,the mind is extremely powerful....

for the Duckster....

" A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its lovliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."

(Keats)

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

For all i know kinglizard could of seen God.
But then again,the mind is extremely powerful....

We could all be part of the same mind with God being the temple for all of us.

Ok..time to drink some Coffee and think on that one. lol..

Peace

[edit on 6-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Charities of clothing and food reach needy countries and communities around the world...

Many items and Goods of which are taken, and then sold at a profit.

The earth is rich with plenty, but there are plenty of rich who profit from the plenty while others do without.

For what family, with children, feeds a few, and denys the others?

In the name of profit you say? In the name of profit people perish daily.

For if we do this when the vine is green, what shall happen when it is withered?

God provided, we built the fences and the gates..in the form of nations, companies and corporations.

Peace

[edit on 26-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 26-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I can honestly believe in God because of matter, gravity, black holes, the universe, planets, stars, suns, life forms, plant life, human life, human emotion, evolution, history...

I honestly believe in God because the original poster is alive. And in the likeness of God, he/she felt compelled by their Godly nature, unknowingly, to create a thread, thus acting out the process of creation, just like God.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If god exists, may it strike me down,

Here and now as I post this on bts…….

Strike me now god, now, while I’m still breathing, with your thunderbolts of wrath,

c-mon god, give me your worst,

what……..what…chicken

……….arrrrr…..bitch……

you got nothen……

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Why do you, those that do, believe in God?

I guess Wizards, Giants, heck, even Lygars exist.

Groans oh no not this again... No wizards don't exsist well not like Merlin. Giants yes they did exsist- Goliath who was defeated by David. And Lygars? Never heard of them. But if you noticed from the old days their were pictures of dragons strange looking creatures- unicorns-griffins-The Griffin was known in Egypt before 3300 BC and is possibly more ancient still. Centaurs-Minotaurs. Even Leviathan and Behemoth is mentioned in the Bible. It was known that the Bible mentions great evilness in the Old testiment -Genesis-6:4-7

I can't make you believe in God thats up to you. I guess seeing everything around you the tree's animals etc, isn't enough proof for you. And thats sad that people are blind. So keep doing what your doing ok? Don't you dare believe in God alright. He's just a myth even though its odd how Jesus had a tomb and He died for your sins but that don't matter does it? Do you know anyone who would sacrifice their life to cover your sin or crimes that people commited? God poured out his Spirit and love into us so that we could live. It really hurts me to see some of you say that God dosn't exsist. You rather depend on some silly scientific proof. If you want to do that go right ahead be my guest. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. Read the entire book of Revelation (all 22 chapters) and come back and tell me if it just a fantasy.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
If god exists, may it strike me down,

Here and now as I post this on bts…….

Strike me now god, now, while I’m still breathing, with your thunderbolts of wrath,

c-mon god, give me your worst,

what……..what…chicken

……….arrrrr…..bitch……

you got nothen……

That was not a wise thing to do. But He knows what you did. He sees all and knows all.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe in my Goddess because...

For many reasons cited here already, and also the feeling I got when I started to believe in Her, something I can't explain, but all I have to do is say a small prayer "Mother Goddess, purge my soul of hate/negativity." when I'm getting really depressed and/or anger fills my soul and I get this euphoric warm feeling and I feel better.

Sounds weird, but its more direct than anything else. Is it supernatural? I guess to an atheist, yeah. I tried the Christian god, got nothing, tried this, I found something.

Keeps me from losing it...

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join