It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

There is no try. You found what you wanted to find. This is not meant to offend.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
You found what you wanted to find.

Same to you.

This is not meant to offend.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

It really hurts me to see some of you say that God dosn't exsist. You rather depend on some silly scientific proof. If you want to do that go right ahead be my guest. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. Read the entire book of Revelation (all 22 chapters) and come back and tell me if it just a fantasy.

The Book of Revelations is not the only book/scripture to talk about an apocalypse.In fact,it doesn't even come close to being the first book/scripture about it!

Its comforting to know that Jesus "peace-loving" Christ is going to celebrate his return with an orgy of blood and violence!

Also,science these days can be seen as a form of religion,it just doesn't have a Godhead.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

That was not a wise thing to do. But He knows what you did. He sees all and knows all.

ohh no, I’m scared....I’m trembling with fear….a made up idea of humanity is going to hurt me……I’m shaking in me boots…..

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
If god exists, may it strike me down,

Here and now as I post this on bts…….

Strike me now god, now, while I’m still breathing, with your thunderbolts of wrath,

c-mon god, give me your worst,

what……..what…chicken

……….arrrrr…..bitch……

you got nothen……

ohh no, I’m scared....I’m trembling with fear….a made up idea of humanity is going to hurt me……I’m shaking in me boots…..

What have you to prove to us? We are not God.

Do you tell us your quarrels with your friends and relatives? Do you wish us to be witness to your foolishness or the result?

If you were to be struck down dead at that moment, not a person here would know about it. You would be laying dead in your chair.

Like a child saying.." I hate you mom and dad, Im running away ". The Father helps him pack his bag knowing full well his child is acting like a child. So it is here.

As water reflects a face...
so a mans heart reflects a man

Peace

[edit on 28-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What have you to prove to us? We are not God.

I’m proving anything that it doesn’t exist. I’m proving to you god does not exist.

Do you tell us your quarrels with your friends and relatives? Do you wish us to be witness to your foolishness or the result?

Foolishness, I’m not the one believing in something I can’t detected through any scientific test, show me your proof.

If you were to be struck down dead at that moment, not a person here would know about it. You would be laying dead in your chair.

so what if you didn’t know about it, I’d still be dead, thus proving gods existence, too bad I’m still alive…..

Like a child saying.." I hate you mom and dad, Im running away ". The Father helps him pack his back knowing full well his child is acting like a child. So it is here.

c-mon god……..if you exist, may my ats account by some reason or another be closed down exactly 1 hour after this post, forever…….I’ll be waiting…

[edit on 28-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That was not a wise thing to do. But He knows what you did. He sees all and knows all.

Tsk tsk my my what a temper. Don't let Satan get the best of you. :shk:

But I'm not gonna give up on you- Because your young and still learning. I don't know everything and I know you don't either. I do know this the Roman Catholics are guilty of changing many things. Which had upset the true belief system of the christians. We have Church on Sundays- which in fact the Sabbath is from Friday at sunset through Saturday at sunset.

When you feel conviction in your heart- to me that is a sign of something stronger then me. We are living in very dangerious times. I don't think it won't be too long til Jesus returns- When He does the whole world will know.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

When you feel conviction in your heart- to me that is a sign of something stronger then me. We are living in very dangerious times. I don't think it won't be too long til Jesus returns- When He does the whole world will know.

andre18 does feel a conviction...that God doesn't exist!

[edit on 28-10-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I’m proving anything that it doesn’t exist. I’m proving to you god does not exist.

Just because you taunt the Almighty God, you think that because you live that he does not exist? Think you in your heart that he beckons to a man calling for suicide? What is better, to let you live, or to let you die?

Originally posted by jakyll
andre18 does feel a conviction...that God doesn't exist!

The Sunshine falls for the righteous and the ignorant.

A taunt is not a belief

A fool treads where wisemen fear to go

Peace

[edit on 28-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

A taunt is not a belief

I never said it was.But someone like andre18 can make taunts and not fear recrimination because of his conviction that God (of Abraham) does not exist.

You probably don't believe in the Norse God Odin or the Hindu Goddess Kali,you could mock them and taunt them because you believe he is a myth and she is a false Goddess.
But there is no way to prove if any God or Goddesses exist(ed) or not.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Just because you taunt the Almighty God, you think that because you live that he does not exist?

Prove other wise, lol……..

You think in your heart

More like my head, think with your brain, logic is what modern day sh!t is all about….you don’t win a court case with illogical claims”

“Your honour, my witness saw a dragon eat his wife no more than 10 feet away from him, yeah, he may have had a knife in his hand, but it was to slay the dragon.”

Judge: “what about the stabbing wounds?”

Lawyer: “ arrr, the dragons teeth are the same shape as knifes,”

Judge: “butcher knifes?”

Lawyer: “You betcha…”

Judge: “hmmm, you convinced me, defendant is free to go.”

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Its not God you have to worry about when making idle taunts and gestures.. But his very angry alter ego... God forgives but someone else doesn't...

As a sinner; a man I frequently feel fear but I realize it is not the Christ which quickens my pulse.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunnydays
Its not God you have to worry about when making idle taunts and gestures.. But his very angry alter ego... God forgives but someone else doesn't...

who is this someone else?
god forgives and then sends me to hell.....lol

As a sinner; a man I frequently feel fear but I realize it is not the Christ which quickens my pulse.

you do realize that it's the religion that's causing the fear....religion scares people and controls them...

Priest: "be saved by Christ, or go to hell for ever and ever."

Some dude: "oh Sh!t, i don't wont to burn in hell and be tortured for ever and ever.....so what does this Jesus guy offer me?"

Priest: "Eternal salvation, all you the bad things you’ve done in your life will be forgiven, and you will join him in heaven, all you must do is accept and believe in him.”

Some dude: " huh, sounds simple, believe in some guy who may or may not of lived and died 2000 years ago, and go to heaven, or reject him and go to hell…….hmmmmmmm…sign me up….”

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok fine but don't come crying to me when Jesus returns and Destroyes the wicked with the brightness of His return- The last thing you will remember is "Oh that ATS member called Leyla tried to warn me but I didn't listen." :shk:

Would you rather be condemened to eternal flames or live in a nice house in Heaven?

But you don't believe so your on your own until you come to your senses.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree with you about religion and the whole hellfire and brimstone routine...But that's all it is...A routine. Its fallen out of favor because, well, those tactics have become largely ineffective due to the growth of human intellect. This 'other' or alter ego is just the flip-side of the coin. God is love but his reciprocal isn't. The funny thing is... the flipped coin loves God, go figure. I suppose both sides are God sort of like LOVE and WAR. Christ and Anti-Christ.

One is patient and the other impatient. They are completely opposite but unified in intent. One drags his feet because of a sweet disposition the other is militant and merciless. Its the Yin and the Yang.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ok fine but don't come crying to me when Jesus returns and Destroyes the wicked with the brightness of His return.

don't come crying to me when you come to your senses and realize it’s all BS, and you’ve spent what little money you had on the church, in which does not give refunds.

Would you rather be condemened to eternal flames or live in a nice house in Heaven?

Would you mind enjoying yourself in heaven, while people are suffering in hell? Don’t forget good people go to hell, you don’t have to be bad, just commit sin and go against the church, so I could be generally a nice and loving person, but I’ll go to hell because I don’t believe.

What if you’re the only one up there who made it…pretty damn lonely, just you and god……and god’s pretty bissy with running the universe and all….and Jesus and god are the same entity….sooo…..

But you don't believe so your on your own until you come to your senses.

I'll be waiting for you to come to yours.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
When the majority of man thinks he is smart enough, sharp enough, to shrug off the gospel, dispel it as a myth of control.. the true nature of man will reign. It will be worse than when God's light shone in this world. Faith is rewarded. When you believe, God is made tangible to you. Belief is not trying it on to see if it fits. It is knowing, and being glad in that knowing. The time of man is waning. Evidence, as I have said before, is coming to those who need it.

The joy that comes through living and knowing, is far greater than being forced to believe at the end, forced by the mind itself. The very senses that compel you to disbelieve will end up supporting the truth. Spread the gospel.

Though many churches and church "leaders" give nothing, help in no major way, the gospel is living water, a water that quenches the everlasting thirst of man. It is the personal relationship with Christ which enriches a man/woman.

Even an evil man can provide for his child. Imagine what God wants to give you.

I cannot refute the fury of the Lord.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunnydays

I agree with you about religion and the whole hellfire and brimstone routine...But that's all it is...A routine. Its fallen out of favor because, well, those tactics have become largely ineffective due to the growth of human intellect.

Yet when Jesus returns he will bring "hellfire and brimstone" to those who don't believe!
Parents who are violent to their children are arrested and locked up,yet its ok for God to do exactly the same thing!

Imagine it,you've led a good life,but because you don't believe you are damned for eternity.Of course people would say that they would fall down in awe at the foot of Jesus when he comes to judge and they will not be able to deny him....at least thats what some people preach....but why would that happen? Many people met Jesus the first time round and they didn't fall under his spell,so why would the second time be any different?

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is absent,it seems he always has been.As opposed to say Hinduism,where the followers don't have to wait for any form of return,their God's are constantly there!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I cannot refute the fury of the Lord.

i didn't know god was angry.....

:bash::bash:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Sunnydays

I agree with you about religion and the whole hellfire and brimstone routine...But that's all it is...A routine. Its fallen out of favor because, well, those tactics have become largely ineffective due to the growth of human intellect.

Yet when Jesus returns he will bring "hellfire and brimstone" to those who don't believe!
Parents who are violent to their children are arrested and locked up,yet its ok for God to do exactly the same thing!

Well, I find it hard to imagine a God of love bringing hellfire and brimstone to anyone, especially when its God's fault the world is in the predicament that its in. That is truly a puzzling part of the Gospel. So there would seem to be something missing, something not so obvious that could be overlooked.

Imagine it,you've led a good life,but because you don't believe you are damned for eternity.Of course people would say that they would fall down in awe at the foot of Jesus when he comes to judge and they will not be able to deny him....at least thats what some people preach....but why would that happen? Many people met Jesus the first time round and they didn't fall under his spell,so why would the second time be any different?

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is absent,it seems he always has been.As opposed to say Hinduism,where the followers don't have to wait for any form of return,their God's are constantly there!

Well, from personal experience the 'awe' part could be the effect of knowing him. Rather the internal realization of true love. That is pretty powerful stuff. Pure, unadulterated love, is probably a feeling most have never beheld and when they see the Christ and experience it, they would likely get down on their knees in 'awe' of it. Just speculation of course. I know I would.

As for Islam and Hinduism and the like, I was under the impression that their God was the same God as that of the Christians, just dressed a little different?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join