It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why do you, those that do, believe in God?

You cannot prove he exists. I know there's going to be people that say, "Well, you can't prove he dosn't either". So? I guess then I'll worship Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, The Loch Ness monster, or any other mythical beast. You can't prove they dont exist either. "Theres no proof it does or doesn't, so it exists." I guess Wizards, Giants, heck, even Lygars exist.

Perhap's we live in a Simulated Universe. It's highly possible. With the way technology is advancing, Perhaps the real year is the year 3000, and technology is so advanced, that we cannot tell it's virtual, and we beleive we are in the year 2007. You can't tell me I'm wrong, and I can't say im right. There's no evidence for either.

As with my discussion on Shelley yates, I'm going to state the same point. Religion Sells. Someone, perhaps not even 100's of years ago, wrote the bible. They sold it to make money, as it was a good story, and people, either intentional or not, took it as a religion. There is no proof it was written when it says it was. The Bible says it was written then, but that dosn't make it right. "Scriptures written back then say it was written then." So someone primitive wrote down some ideas, and someone later in time make a book out of them. Doesn't mean it was.

Prove to me, your god. Why do you believe.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Um, I don't know what rock you've been living under until now, but Ligers do exist! That's a true story, I swear to God.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I dont believe in God. Heres just a TINY reason why I dont believe in God....

video.google.com...

[edit on 31-7-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I believe in god because its the most logical thing, I believe in god, because I know without god I wouldnt be here right now. How can someone NOT believe in god.

I hate it when people say that people who believe in god are stupid, it makes me laugh, I mean just look around you, everything has been created? with VERY intelligent designs. Its common sense.

The proof is around us, proof is everywhere. People arent looking at it right.
There is a reason you can see, and hear, and think, theres a reason you feel such powerful love for your children, or family, or girlfriend. Theres a reason you can run, walk, dance. Its all from intelligent design.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I believe in god because its the most logical thing, I believe in god, because I know without god I wouldnt be here right now. How can someone NOT believe in god. I hate it when people say that people who believe in god are stupid, it makes me laugh, I eman just look around you, everything has been created? with VERY intelligent designs. Its common sense.

You're kidding right? Firstly, people who dont believe in God, get laughed at a lot more than people that do. Thats fact.

Secondly, just because we can't understand something, it doesnt means it was created by a higher being. There are a lot of things humans dont understand, and probably never will. But look at the contrast between what we understand now...and what we understood thousands of years ago.

Ancient civilizations had Gods for earthquakes.....we now understand why earthquakes happen. Does that eliminate the need for that particular God? Im not to say, but the point is, we understand its origins without needing to justify it purely through guess work.

What you cant understand, dont try rationalizing. That goes for me as well. Its just, I think Im right

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I believe in god because its the most logical thing, I believe in god, because I know without god I wouldnt be here right now. How can someone NOT believe in god. I hate it when people say that people who believe in god are stupid, it makes me laugh, I eman just look around you, everything has been created? with VERY intelligent designs. Its common sense.

Prove to me that you could not be here without your God. Where is this proof that you say is everywhere around us? Am I supposed to be at the right place at the right time to see it?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I believe in god because its the most logical thing

Why is it the most logical thing? You'd be here, because of your parents, and they'd be here because of their parents, Etc.....

Machines have been created, with very intelligent designs. Everything, is created, with intelligent designs. Humans, Are very intelligent. WE create what we want to create, WE are the base machine. Your "God" Doesn't create. We create.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal

I believe in god because its the most logical thing

Why is it the most logical thing? You'd be here, because of your parents, and they'd be here because of their parents, Etc.....

Machines have been created, with very intelligent designs. Everything, is created, with intelligent designs. Humans, Are very intelligent. WE create what we want to create, WE are the base machine. Your "God" Doesn't create. We create.

You also must remember, chances are this guy has a ton of conditioning in him. You cant really discuss such things with such people. I think its great that people have a faith, because its proven that having faith is spiritually beneficial for a person. But, that doesnt change the fact that this faith may very well be blind faith.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

Prove to me that you could not be here without your God. Where is this proof that you say is everywhere around us? Am I supposed to be at the right place at the right time to see it?

The proof is not going to be on a piece of paper, or a documentry video.
You existing is the proof, without creation, nothing would excist. Its pretty simple.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras

You also must remember, chances are this guy has a ton of conditioning in him. You cant really discuss such things with such people. I think its great that people have a faith, because its proven that having faith is spiritually beneficial for a person. But, that doesnt change the fact that this faith may very well be blind faith.

Im still here you know. Im VERY open minded, you can discuss anything with me, Im just giving my opinion. ton of conditioning, please!? Pretty rude.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The proof is not going to be on a piece of paper, or a documentry video.
You existing is the proof, without creation, nothing would excist. Its pretty simple.

Rightttttttt, but how is existence linked with a man up in the clouds?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Um, I don't know what rock you've been living under until now, but Ligers do exist! That's a true story, I swear to God.

That is absolutely true Ligers do exist.

Now to the main question of why I believe God exists. Pretty much is because i dont believe anything can or could have existed, ie. non-sentient matter., without something or someone, ie. a sentient being having existed before hand.

It's a chicken vs egg thought to me. What is matter? Where did it come from? How did it come to being? I dont believe something can just be all of a sudden. The only answer i can assume is that there must be something or someone to have made it all. But it leavses me hanging the question. Who created the creator? how did they come to be? To exist?

Then again even if we are in a simulated world, ie matrix, or lochness monster created us, who created it, them, etc... Where'd all the stuff come from?

How can it just be? Its illogical to me that something can exist from nothing

But then again we can alter this reality with the thoughts fo our minds... statistical results randomly created, etc...

I'm not fool enough to think that i will meet god when i do, even though i do believe in a spirit world (theres just to much evidence that it does exist).

I mean, Can you explain where all this matter, reality, etc, comes from? how it exists? how we exist? yes, then please tell, no, then dont get in the way of other people putting thier theories to the test.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The fact that we exist isn't proof. There is more than one theory about the creation of humans, so untill you can disprove all the others, you can't prove yours is correct.

It's a chicken vs egg thought to me.

A circle has no beginning. Perhaps we are living in a universe that has never ended, and repeats itself.

[edit on (7/31/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Can someone answer me this question....

If the Bible was to be written today, how different do you think it would be? And be honest. Because it would have to take into account a number of different things, that just werent able to be foreseen when it was written.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Damnit why dont my videos show up

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

My throughts of GOd aren't a Human existing inthe clods, or in heaven, or anything like that. That representation is man-made - aka the bible - "jesus will sit at teh right hand side fo the father, ie god., in the kingdom of heaven". the words" The heavens" has also been used to mean such as the sky.ie. "Look up into the heavens and tell me what you see?"

So heaven they represent god in human form as "god made us in his image", greeting us at teh pearly gates, lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Who said god is a man up in the clouds. All I know is there is beautiful intelligent creations everywhere, galaxies, millions of stars, something created that. Thats what I call god. We cannot begin to describe what exactly god is, its possibly beyond imagination.
But all I know is it all started somewhere, something had to create it, thats what I call god. This is my opinion, you may have your opinion, I respect that, I dont like being disrespected because of my opinion.

Opinions can change over time, Im open minded, and im learning everyday, who knows what Ill believe in 10 years. Just dont talk rude because of my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

My throughts of GOd aren't a Human existing inthe clods, or in heaven, or anything like that. That representation is man-made - aka the bible - "jesus will sit at teh right hand side fo the father, ie god., in the kingdom of heaven". the words" The heavens" has also been used to mean such as the sky.ie. "Look up into the heavens and tell me what you see?"

So heaven they represent god in human form as "god made us in his image", greeting us at teh pearly gates, lol.

But....in the beginning, when the Christinaty "boom" was happening, thats what it was...up in the sky...cos we knew no better. So if God was speaking to whoever wrote that tripe, then surely he gave him the right details? Must have been a bit vague then? Not to mention, the story of creation. Are you gonna sit there and tell me thats the most likely scenario? Puhhhhh-leasseee people.

The Bible is nothing more than a set of morals and laws by which to rule. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You know you guys/girls are right. There is no physical way of prooving God exists. I personally believe in the existance of God, but to be honost I have no way of physically prooving that. That' is why it is called faith. The beliefe in things un seen.
If you dont believe, why does it matter to you whether God exists or not?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
The fact that we exist isn't proof. There is more than one theory about the creation of humans, so untill you can disprove all the others, you can't prove yours is correct.

It's a chicken vs egg thought to me.

A circle has no beginning. Perhaps we are living in a universe that has never ended, and repeats itself.

[edit on (7/31/0707 by Hexidecimal]

a universe that has never ended but repeats itself? and how is that possible? The statement a circle has no beginning does not make sense...

When i said its a chicken vs egg thought to me, what i meant was that i believe that something such as a non-intelligent ball of matter (the begining of the universe) couldn't exist out of nothingness, ie, without an intelligent something making it exist. But i couldn't see an intelligent something existing out of nothingness either.

But you are correct. The fact we exist doesn't prove anything. never said i could prove anything. Doubt anyone ever could. But that wasn't the wuestion. The question was why do you believe in god? wasn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join