It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, is the end near?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Originally posted by sager
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

funny your name is 'IgnoretheFacts'... hypocrite.

2012 is real in my opinion.. and I don't believe it's the end of the world.. because the world will never end.. at least not for billions of years. Humanity might, but never the world. I think it will be the beginning of a new era for mankind. We are slowly moving towards the center of the milky way. Who knows what effects this may have on us? Whatever comes on 2012, I welcome. Only a fool would sell his or her house and panic. Death is not the end, it is only the beginning. We are moving to a higher plane of existence. Remember that our bodies are only clothing for our soul.

Look here Yoda, you call me a hypocrite for "ignoring the facts" of 2012? What in your infinite yoda-like wisdom, can you state factually about 2012? Come on, seriously man, your making yourself look like a fool. I'm embarrassed for you.

i didn't call you a hypocrite for ignoring the facts of 2012.. because there are no concrete facts YET. but if you ignore facts (as your name states) then what do you support? why are you so quick to put the date down? people today have taken 2012 and twisted it into the end of the world to sell books and make cash. As a result, 2012 has become nothing more than another crazy date to people. However, 2012 actually has a lot of evidence behind it; many ancient cultures have pointed towards this date. It's not some crap like Y2K imo. you can call me a fool if you wish, but you're the close minded fool.. change your name to supportthefactsonly.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by sager]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's the beauty of freedom, life, and the Internet. We are all free to express our opinions and to agree or disagree according to our unique viewpoints and individual personalities.

Earlier in this thread I and others deliniated several reasons why many people are expecting some kind of significant change in the near future, including their deep-seated feelings; or intuition.

Here are some of those reasons (anyone interested can look these up on Google and/or search Google for: 2012):

1. The Web Bot Project predictions for 2012.
2. The Mayan Calendar predictions of changes in 2012.
3. I Ching predictions (China's Book of Changes) - Terrence McKenna & December 21, 2012 the winter solstice.
4. Very rare astrological occurrences & predictions taking place in the year of 2012.
5. Bible predictions, Marian Apparition predictions, and Bible Code predictions for the near future and for 2012.
6. St. Malachi's (St. Malachy's) predictions for the last in the line of Catholic Popes in the near future.
7. The Singularity, Peak Oil, and Fossil Fuel Depletion predictions of Joe Firmage for changes in the near future.
8. Global Warming predictions concerning the earth's weather and needed changes to deal with and counteract adverse effects that are quickly reaching a "tiping" point.
9. Celtic Predictions and Edgar Cayce's predictions for 2012 that mention earth changing it's rotation, or the poles shifting.
10. Hopi Indian predictions that mentioned a wordwide "Web" that would be active during an important time of change.
11. Tibetan Monk predictions for 2012 that involves a spiritual and scientific synthesis.
12. Nostradamus' predictions for 2012 that are concerned with dramatic changes.
13. And last, but certainly not least, are the enlightened viewpoints of many highly intelligent people concerning the urgent need to change our abuses of the environment and of each other, if proper development of the human species and continued evolution & adaptation are to succeed.

For all these reasons stated, including intuition, many people seem to be sensitive to the fact that some changes are coming, but of course no one knows for sure.

IF there is a time of change coming, it might not be only a time of change that involves the universe and the world, it may also be a time of change that involves our inner selves; a paradigm shift, a change of perspective that involves ourselves, our fellow man, and our God. When one door closes another one opens. Like the birth of a child, life sometimes uses synthesis, suffering, and sacrifice to bring about great things. If we can only find ourselves in the proper position of love and unity to make the most out of our opportunity. Rather than the occurrence of a terrible doomsday, if mankind is ready for this change, hopefully the pain and the adverse effects will be lessened, and the outcome will be in alignment with our own best inner wishes, hopes, and dreams...

...recognize and focus upon the commonality of their belief in the same God rather than their differences. Perhaps through the implementation of tolerance we can look to a future where people stop justifying the killing of one another in the name of God.

Let's respect the opinions and viewpoints of each other and allow for the possibility that there are many different ways to "see" one topic, many valid viewpoints or perspectives to describe, consider, and look at concepts and "reality".

Let us ask: IF important changes are coming, how can we work together to optimize our situation so that these changes will be to our advantage: to the advantage of all of mankind?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Thura]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i personally think that whatever is happening in 2012 is for a reason (so that we can evolve spiritually). I'll live my life normally and when it comes, I won't prepare or panic like the mass of fools who probably will. I'll go to the highest hill with the most beautiful view and take it all in... trying to escape 2012 would be meaningless in my opinion, because I believe we are meant to evolve whether it is through death or not.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
So after 2012 passes and nothing significant (or out of the ordinary) happens what will the next date all of you pick to start freaking out about? I would advise picking a date far enough in the future so will not look like fools and have to eat crow when again, nothing happens, lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I believe it may happen as there is evidence that older civilisations than ours have existed and been destroyed at intervals over the millenia.

The fact that ancient legends of floods and destruction of atlantis seem to weave a tale where one could fit pieces to a puzzle and find an answer only for it too be too late to do anything about.

Hence the fact that the US and Russia are building many underground bases leads me to believe that something is coming.

The underground city in egypt too is a piece of the puzzle - one thing is more natural disasters and unnatural weather should begin before 2012 - mmmmmmm Dark nights prophecy is coming true - I wonder if that is another piece of the puzzle.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So after 2012 passes and nothing significant (or out of the ordinary) happens what will the next date all of you pick to start freaking out about? I would advise picking a date far enough in the future so will not look like fools and have to eat crow when again, nothing happens, lol.

We are not freaking out, we are having a discussion. You seem to be projecting your own personal problems or worrys onto us, and hell-bent on calling people names, and totally ignoring the fact that "we" are not picking this date - see the 2012 list above.

Think of this situation as an opportunity to voice your own opinion concerning the possibility of good changes, and how change can be a positive thing if it brings people together. And as a potential chance for personal self-improvement.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Thura]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yea, IgnoreTheFacts simply is scared, and through denial he feels comforted.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here is a good Wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Metaphysical predictions:

2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:
The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by discarnate entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars.
The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) that will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.
The 2007 book Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End by Lawrence Joseph does not make any specific new predictions, but it reviews a number of 2012 predictions made by various sources, and presents arguments for the possible existence of dangerous positive feedback loops involving solar storms, Earth's magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.
Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:
Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, speculated that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and sometime later a future pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.
Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012. [10] [11] [12]
Some alien-enthusiasts (e.g. Riley Martin), along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers" who might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes — such as to help human society evolve — to malevolent purposes — such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.
There is a Hindu following indicating the appearance of an Avatar (God in human form) with God-like powers who will herald a new age.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThuraThe 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.

I read that book when it came out, I'd almost forgotten it. An excellent read. I even remember who I lent it to now, I'll have to get it back. It all seemed a long way off back then......

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Apocalypse

Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις -translit. APOKALYPSIS, literally: the lifting of the veil), is a term applied to the disclosure of something previously hidden from the mass of humankind.

"Basically a new, higher human 'vibratory rate' or reality paradigm. A "second coming"; of God, but this time as a profound inner spiritual enlightenment within the human consciousness of each person. It relates to the realization that each of us, and all of life, is not separate from the creator; that ALL is ONE."

The Global Oneness Commitment

The Global Oneness Commitment is an eight-year project with the goal of uniting people around the globe to mutual actions in order to not only save what we have, but to transform the planet through an increase in spiritual awareness - a new consciousness creating a joyful home for all its inhabitants and sincere respect for all forms of life.

Find out more about the wisdom of Global and Universal Oneness here:
www.experiencefestival.com...

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Thura]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OMG, Listen to me now!!!!! An Alien gray was at my window last night and told me everything about the big 2012 secret........here is what it told me:

He said the world may or may not end in 2012. There will be hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, war, disease, murder, political instability, controversy, conspiracy, church scandals.....everything will goto hell in a hand basket.

Oh wait, never mind. All the above is your standard "cover my ass" prediction. Wait, all this is happening today, right?

My point is, the 2012 thing is just plain stupid. Call me closed minded all you want. But on January 1st, 2013 I want all of you to come back here and admit you don't know jack.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My point is, the 2012 thing is just plain stupid. Call me closed minded all you want.

Closed minded or not, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. But do you have any constructive comments about what good changes could be successfully implemented to make it a better world? Are we still evolving as a species? Can we develop more tolerance and other new ways of thinking that might help people get along with each other better?

The 2012 movement, (U2) Bono's efforts, and the Global Oneness Commitment are just a few of the many appropriate ways that inspired, dedicated, and enlightened people have undertaken that have the worthwhile goal of uniting people around the globe to mutual actions in order to not only save what we have, but to transform the planet through an increase in spiritual awareness: hopefully leading to a new consciousness, helping to make a better world for all its inhabitants, and fostering sincere respect for all forms of life.

Canadian psychologist Richard M. Bucke, in his book Cosmic Consciousness, coined this term. It is a transpersonal mode of consciousness, an awareness of the universal mind and one's unity with it. Its prime characteristic is a consciousness of the life and order in the universe. An individual who attains this state is often described as 'Enlightened' and such a person is also said to have a sense of immortality, not of attaining it but of already having it. Burke saw this state of consciousness as the next stage in human evolution.

www.experiencefestival.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Thura]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thura

Closed minded or not, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. But do you have any constructive comments about what good changes could be successfully implemented to make it a better world?

Yeah, common sense injections for 90% of the world's population should fix everything, you think?

Are we still evolving as a species? Can we develop more tolerance and other new ways of thinking that might help people get along with each other better?

Yes we are still evolving (falls under common sense for me, didn't know it needed to be mentioned) Can we develop more tolerance for certain cultures..no. Not at this time. Again, common sense. The WHOLE world is simply not evolved at the same rate together, so to expect one group to get along with another group like two peas in a pod is demonstrating ignorance. In 500 years I am sure that the world will be on a more level playing field socially, and thus get along much better.

The 2012 movement, (U2) Bono's efforts, and the Global Oneness Commitment are just a few of the many appropriate ways that inspired, dedicated, and enlightened people have undertaken that have the worthwhile goal of uniting people around the globe to mutual actions in order to not only save what we have, but to transform the planet through an increase in spiritual awareness: hopefully leading to a new consciousness, helping to make a better world for all its inhabitants, and fostering sincere respect for all forms of life.

So this whole 2012 bull crap has turned into a hippie movement now? And who cares about Bono or some stupid Global Oneness group. None of them will make a hill of beans difference to 99% of the cause they want to help. Take off the rose colored glasses and take a long, realistic look at the worlds population and you will see, as I have, that the only thing that will bring the world together is time for everyone to evolve (or devolve) to the same level, both socially, religiously, and technologically. ONLY then will your hippie dream come true.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Man it really comes to a point where you can't discuss with people about things they do scare about.

This is just like in RL when you try to talk about aliens with someone.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Common sense certainly should be one of the most important elements of any discussion, so I think we can agree about that. Different cultures and their respective viewpoints sometimes disagree concerning what is common sense and what is not. Below is an ATS (Lakota) quote concerning what they consider to be common sense and a basic tenent of their belief system. (OUR common sense concerning this issue, so far, is a little different than their's. This concept is a little foreign to us... but some people think it is an emerging paradigm for us. - a way we can, and should, evolve.):

Oneness, the concept which indigenous people emphasized as the most fundamental of realities to understand, has become the emergent new paradigm, resulting in many attempts to define and illustrate it in ways we can understand. Most challenging is to provide a concept of oneness that supplants the illusion of the seperate self without annihilating the persons sense of identity. Learning from indigenous people has proven useful.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oneness, the concept which indigenous people emphasized as the most fundamental of realities to understand, has become the emergent new paradigm, resulting in many attempts to define and illustrate it in ways we can understand. Most challenging is to provide a concept of oneness that supplants the illusion of the separate self without annihilating the persons sense of identity. Learning from indigenous people has proven useful.

Half the indigenous people of this planet still stone women, cut off hands of people over nothing but rocks, have no freedom and don't want it (because their leaders tell them it is bad and they believe), live in mud huts, loose 13,500 of their own civilians when the heat wave reaches 95-100 degrees for 7 days (ahem....france) loose 30,000+ civilians from a 5.9 earth quake (while countries like the usa lost only TWO with a 5.9)....the list goes one.

The world is not equal, and other than learning geography and certain natural survival skills from indigenous people you are not going to even remotely learn "how to get along" by studying this crap.

Like I said, let the worlds society equalize of the next 500 years and let's talk. You ideas are correct, your just way too far ahead of your time to expect anything like this to work, much less by the year 2012.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

2012 Oneness Paradigm Shift

Oneness, the concept which indigenous people emphasized as the most fundamental of realities to understand, has become the emergent new paradigm, resulting in many attempts to define and illustrate it in ways we can understand. Most challenging is to provide a concept of oneness that supplants the illusion of the separate self without annihilating the persons sense of identity. Learning from indigenous people has proven useful.

Like I said, let the worlds society equalize of the next 500 years and let's talk. Your ideas are correct, you're just way too far ahead of your time to expect anything like this to work, much less by the year 2012.

I used to think like this too, but that was before 9/11 and other looming and rapidly accelerating problems became apparent.

I hope you are right... but I don't think we have 500 years to wait.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh, we do. Not you and I, but baring any space related catastrophe (asteroid, etc) no matter what kind of weapons we unleash upon each other we can't kill all of us. Life will go on.

Now that I think about it, maybe what the world needs is.....never mind, that is one morbid thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

...baring any space related catastrophe (asteroid, etc) no matter what kind of weapons we unleash upon each other we can't kill all of us. Life will go on.

Now that I think about it, maybe what the world needs is.....never mind, that is one morbid thought.

Now you're on the right track... People may need these coming 2012 "adjustments" to come together and start living right. And these relatively small adjustments may be preferrable to larger almost unspeakable ones.

It's been a pleasure talking to you about this, but I won't be able to answer you again. Try to give up your addictions, & other unnatural things, and do what that little voice of right in your heart tells you.

See you on the other side of 2012 friend.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join