It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, is the end near?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Some people need to get their facts straight before they get into this topic. I will make an example

Originally posted by The Cyfre

The Mayan Calendar was based on the path of the moon for agricultural purposes. The mathematics are curiously common throughout various parts of the universe. Nothing is going to happen. It's the winter solstice.

Wrong. The long count calendar (the one that ends on 2012) has very little to do with moons or agriculture. Each baktun is 144,000 days... I don't think that is too useful for growing crops or predicting a moon. You are thinking of the Tzolkin (260 days cycle) and Haab (yearly cycle) calendars.

Originally posted by The Cyfre
The Mayan Long County Calendar ends on what translates in the gregorian calendar as 12.21.12. Mayan texts say nothing about the end of the world. Just the end of the calendar. So what happens? The stupid calendar starts over again. Big deal.

Wrong. The long count calendar started in 3114BC and ends in 2012. There is no "starting over", it is the end of the cycle. Once again you are thinking of the other 2 calendars.

Not believing is one thing, but trying to prove it wrong with false information isn't helping anyone. What's that ATS motto again?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well said, Mushroom Fields Forever.

Here is a link to an article written by John Major Jenkins, one of the foremost authorities on the Mayan calendrical system.

www.levity.com...

And, as some here don't like reading linked articles, here are a few quotes from it to whet your appetites:

The point of interest for these early astronomers seems to have been the projected end date in 2012 A.D., rather than the beginning date in 3114 B.C. Having determined the end date in 2012 (for reasons we will come to shortly), and calling it 13.0.0.0.0, they thus proclaimed themselves to be living in the 6th baktun of the Great Cycle. The later Maya certainly attributed much mythological significance to the beginning date, relating it to the birth of their deities, but it now seems certain that the placement of the Long Count hinges upon its calculated end point. Why did early Mesoamerican skywatchers pick a date some 2300 years into the future and, in fact, how did they pinpoint an accurate winter solstice? With all these considerations one begins to suspect that, for some reason, the ancient New World astronomers were tracking precession.

It should be noted that because precession is a very slow process, similar astronomical alignments will be evident on the winter solstice dates within perhaps 5 years on either side of 2012. However, the accuracy of the conjunction of 2012 is quite astounding, beyond anything deemed calculable by the ancient Maya, and serves well to represent the perfect mid-point of the process.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ancient calendars explained

Astronomy answers to 2012

Read, learn, relax.

Sorry, to busy today to copy and paste.

Worst thing to happen in 2012 is a possible Y2K Bug on ancient mayan computers.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder why people trust more ancient civilisation religious vue/astronomy than modern science...
If you think the end of the world is coming in 5 year...Well stop wasting your time trying to convince us that we are all gonna die and there nothing we can do to prevent it and go have some good time for your 5 last year of life

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree with jignore, get out and smash up some
cars, pillage the local store and cause mayhem!
The world's finally folding her hand and I think it's
about time, we've had our go and we mussed up big time.

Who'll be next, the ants? Decs? or is that decision down to
the grays?

It's over, say goodbye to your MP3s.
Shame about that new mortgage huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
lets me *attempt* to break some things down

the annunaki come from a planet called nibiru (it has a 3600 year orbit) supposedly

the annunaki are derived most famoulsly from sumerian tablets interpreted by a bunch of people most notably and controversialy zacharia stichin.

Annunaki are supposedly and older group of beings than humans, (life span wise and age of orgin ) the annunaki ruling elite (god) or one of the high council Annunaki gods was named ANU. he had some son's . two of which were named ENKI and ENLIL. Enki and ENLil being the son's of the god's had more say in society over the Nephilim (same genes but more like the working class ) ENKI helped create human beings by combining the Nephilim aka Annunaki DNA with that of the homo "species" (creating modern human looking fella's. (homo sapiens) these were supposedly created to help mine gold for the Nephilim/Annunaki "gods" that needed it. at least that is my take although the original tampering is said to go a while back, so maybe they were just upgrading there workers, i don't know) Now it is has been said that there have been a few genetic upgrades in the history of the human species, and the first may have been around 485,000 years ago when the same Annunaki used technology supposedly similiar to what we have now, to tamper with other animals notably primates using genetic engineering (in vitro) with the Annunaki to create possibly earlier more primitive forms of "man".

now it has been hypothesized that each procession of the equinoxes with makes up approximately 25,800 years ( a little different each time) has been split into 12 slices (based on the 12 signs of the zodiac) which some believe co-incide with the Annunaki "gods". for instance the period that is ending in 2012 is supposed to be the beginning of the age of Aquarious which may co-incide with the changing of the guard from a planet more overseen by ENKI (good) to his father ANU.

ENKI is given credit for creating modern man by some. he is credited with making man more intelligent and this supposedly he did against the wishes of others (ENLIL) Enlil was rumoured to not be as big of a fan of man , or at least more selfish in his ways if not downright brutal. ENlil is also known as Lucifer. who in lower masonic circles may be known as the light bringer, and someone who is "good" as opposed to the more "evil" God of "darkness"

from albert pike's book morals and dogma page 321

en.wikipedia.org...

LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darknesss! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!" p.321
i.e believe it

Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled, to conceal the truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it."

when faced with an uncomfortable truth what will followers due to there blue in the face DENY DENY DENY

[edit on 18-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i only wached the first coupl of min because for one thing their is no growing amout of UFO visiting eath faking ufo is populer now and it pretty easy to get ppl to blevie anyy thing now and their will be no end to earth.....at least when wer around we will be extinct of moved to another planet buy the time any thing happens to earth

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think that global warming might be a big factor in determening the outcome of this decade(not so much much the pole shift which happen every few million or thousand years), the end might come becase of huge floods, and we're all gonna die unless the governement stops all the cover ups and actually does something to help mankind. we already have the technology to move across the galaxy ever since the 1950s

But all that info about the annunaki is bull, if they live so close to us how come they haven't left any signs like the grays.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think there is something to the 2012 thing. I'm not saying it will be the "end of the world", but I think we are in for a major change at the very least. I, too, was a bit skeptic of the Mayan Calendar at first. But then I learned that other sources, without knowledge of the other, came up with December 21, 2012 also. These sources also predicted world events accurately that have already proven to be true in the past. These include, but are not limited to, the medieval predictions of Merlin and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching. In addition, a new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future, and also came up with the 2012 date. I'm not entirely sold on the Web-Bot thing, as it could have come up with this date simply because so many people are talking about it on the net. The point is that it is all a matter of opinion until December 21, 2012. That is when we will know for sure what the deal is. Until then, I don't think it can be debunked.

As for the skeletons of "giants" being found... this is the first I've heard of that, excluding the occasional ATS hoax. So why is it that when the fossils of a 5-foot-tall penguin are discovered, it is carried all over the news, but when 10 and 15 and 30-foot humanoid remains are discovered, we don't hear about it? To me, the discovery of human-appearing "creatures" that are three stories tall would be the most amazing discovery in the history of mankind.

I anxiously await some links to some legitimate sources for this giant stuff. Hopefully I will remember to return to this thread and look for the links. But maybe some really nice ATS member will U2U me the links when they read this!

Rasputin is correct, there is a lot of collaborating information. (I'll put this in two posts):

Maybe you have heard of The Web Bot Project, but if you have not, it is really quite intriguing. The Web Bot Project, developed in the late 1990's, was created to assist in making stock market predictions.

The technology uses a system of spiders to crawl the Internet and search for keywords, much like a search engine does. When a keyword is located, the bot program takes a snapshot of the text preceding and following the keyword. This snapshot of text is sent to a central location where it is then filtered to define meaning.

But in 2001, bot operators began to notice that stock market predictions were not the only matters being accurately predicted by the program. They began to take notice of coincidence with occurrences and explored it further.

One of the first accurate predictions from the bot program took place in June of 2001. The program predicted that a life-altering event would take place within the next 60-90 days. An occurrence of such proportion that it's effects would be felt worldwide. The program based it's prediction on "web chatter" which, it might be said, represents the "collective consciousness" of society.

Regrettably, the bot program's prediction proved accurate and the Twin Towers fell on 9/11/2001.

Here's where it starts to become very interesting. The bot program also predicts a worldwide event taking place in the year 2012. For those of you who study prophecies and the like, you may already be familiar with this date.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Mayans were considered great "seers" and built a society that focused it's studies on time, synchronicity, and consciousness. The Mayan calendar predicts that mankind will experience radicle change or rebirth in the year 2012. A period which also signifies the end of the current era in the Mayan calendar.

Similar predictions have been derived from the I Ching or China's "Book of Changes." The I Ching was written in 2800 B.C. and is revered to this day in China. A gentlemen by the name of Terrence McKenna studied the I Ching intensely and began to see a pattern emerging. From that pattern he produced a time line graph and called it the "Time Wave Zero" theory.

Terrence's time line derived from the I Ching ended in the year 2012 - December 21, 2012 to be exact. The winter solstice.

Even more intriguing is the fact that there is scientific evidence that points to a very rare astrological occurrence taking place the year 2012. For millennia, the Mayans believed in the existence of a dark rift in the center of the Milky Way and considered it fact. Only recently did modern scientists discover that it actually does exist.

In the center of our galaxy is a black hole. And in the year 2012, the sun and the earth will be in direct alignment with this black hole. Scientists speculate that magnetic shifts could take place as a result. In essence, the earth's poles could reverse. The poles have shifted before, some 800 million years ago. Einstein suggested this pole shifting theory in 1955.

Now I'm sure you have heard of Merlin the magician. Merlin was a Celtic shaman that many of his day considered a "crazed man of the forest." As a result, during those times he was referred to as "Merlin the Wild." But what many don't realize is that Merlin was considered Europe's greatest oracle or "seer."

Merlin predicted that the planets will "run riot" through the constellations. Completely off their normal paths of rotation. Scientists speculate that if this were to happen, it would be a result of the earth changing it's rotation - or the poles shifting.

Merlin also predicted that the use of "talking stones" would be taking place during this time. For those of you who don't know, stone is the basis of our modern technology. Quartz in particular. Quartz technology was used in the first radios for a stable frequency, and is used in cell phones as well as computers today.

The Mayans coveted what were known as the crystal skulls. Skulls carved from natural quartz crystal. They claimed the skulls "talked" to them and gave them information. Could it be that they actually did? Based on our knowledge of the capabilities of quartz crystal and it's uses for information storage and retrieval - it seems quite possible. Hewlett Packard studied the skulls in 1970 and their results were startling.

The Hopi Indian tribe, the oldest tribe in the United States, believed that the world has been created and destroyed four times previously. The Hopi's believe that we are on the brink of the Fifth World. They predicted that this occurrence would be preceded by submersion (rising waters), the sun getting hotter (global warming), and earth occurrences (hurricane's, tornadoes, and mass flooding).

The Hopi's also predicted that the world at this time would be criss-crossed by a spider web, which could be likened to the Internet. (We refer to Web crawlers or robots as "spiders"). They believed that the end of the Fourth World would be followed by the beginning of the Fifth World, and that this evolution of life sometimes requires harsh adjustment.

It seems that these beliefs are in line with the predictions made from one of the greatest book of prophecies ever written - the Bible. And the Book of Revelations, in particular, written by John the Apostle.

Excerpts:

“Achievement of the zero state can be imagined to arrive in one of two forms. One is the dissolution of the cosmos in an actual cessation and unravelling of the natural laws, a literal collapse or apocalypse. The other possibility… the culmination of the human technological and evolutionary process; a process of reintegration which comes to completion in the perfect creation: a singularity of self, an indivisible, exteriorized, condensed, and visible unity in three dimensions; in other words; a dream come true concerning the perfect union of spirit and matter.”

"Tibetan monks mentioned that beyond 2012 our current civilization would begin to understand that the final frontier of science and technology is in the area of spirituality and not material physics and chemistry. Beyond 2012, they forecast, our technologies will take a different direction. People will learn the essence of spirituality, the relation between body and soul, the cycles of life, and they will acquire the common perception that we are all connected with each other and we are all a part of God, and God is a part of each of us."

If there is a time of change coming, it might not be only a time of change that involves the universe and the world, it may also be a time of change that involves our inner selves; a paradigm shift, a change of perspective that involves ourselves, our fellow man, and our God. When one door closes another one opens. Like the birth of a child, life sometimes uses synthesis, suffering, and sacrifice to bring about great things. If we can only find ourselves in the proper position of love and unity to make the most out of our opportunity. Rather than the occurrence of a terrible doomsday, if mankind is ready for this change, hopefully the pain and the adverse effects will be lessened, and the outcome will be in alignment with our own best inner wishes, hopes, and dreams...

What can be done personally to prepare ourselves for this time of change, this time of upheaval and renewal, this time of inward and outward transformation?

1. We can acknowledge and appreciate the creator within, and the creator outside of ourselves, and all as One.

2. We can appreciate the diversity that exists among our fellow human beings, and in our world, and in our universe.

3. We can understand the importance of free-will in relation to our attempt to discern the Truth about our relationship to each other and to God.

4. We can learn and practice the art of self-control and personal sacrifice in all aspects of our lives; to overcome our instincts of fear, anger, and violence, and to help us remove the curse of the epidemic of consumptive selfishness that is presently adversely effecting us all.

5. We can ask for opportunity to become better individuals so that we can make real spiritual progress.

6. We can learn the art of forgiveness and tolerance concerning our relations with others, ourselves, and God.

7. We can learn to perceive all of creation as one thing. Like the human body - one thing with a huge diversity of interdependence, connectedness, function, and beauty; all operating together collectively with a common purpose and will.

The History Channel created a special that addresses this subject titled: Doomsday 2012, The End of Days. It further explores the significance of this date in ancient prophecies, texts, and writings.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is also the Saint Malichi predictions which forcast 2012 issues...

AND, I forgot to mention the Bible Code predictions for that time frame:
www.exodus2006.com...

But no matter what the threat or challange, my view of these things has always been that if we unite and all work together, we can find a solution to almost any problem. "Every problem contains within itself, it's own solution."

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Thura]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
YES THE END IS NEAR. BECAUSE WE ARE CAUSING IT.
from the fights to the pollution.
from the lost souls on this earth to the lies we give eachother day after day.
its our faults.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Even Zecharia Sitchin does not believe the planet Nibiru is coming in 2012. It's actual due date was thought to be 2013 but that was even shown to be much to soon. Z.S. believes it will be more of an awakening not the end of earth.
As far as the Mayans and their calender. They didn't expect the end of the planet either. It's the same thing except it's to be more of starting again. Like everything that can happen will have, by that date and time. It very well could be that we blow the planet to hell at 11:11 on Dec. 21st, 2012 but it still doesn't coincide with Nibiru and the Anunnaki.
Also I don't remember Nibiru being from the Milky way. I read it struck what was then called Tiamet(Earth) knocking off a huge piece(the Moon) and creating the Milky Way from the left over debris.
My opinion is since it was the most basic of astronomy used to read the stars and make the predictions it will be a near miss if not a direct hit by a comit or an asteroid. They were seeing something in the sky and knew it was important and recorded it. Obviously it came back on a regular schedule making it possible to predict therefore logically it should be a comet they were seeing.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Interested in 2012?

www.indiadaily.com...

Check that out! Probably nothing but it's relevant to the thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For all I know, the Mayans might of thought that it was a good place to stop. I don't go one way or the other on these things. I like to keep my mind open.

But the one creepy thing about it, is:

that they predict that the upcoming Sun Maximum, or the 11 height of the the sun activity, is going to be worse this time around. More solar storms.

Guess when? 2012.

If we get a bad enough CME, it could end our technology lifestyle for a while and we will have to grind our own wheat or opening a lot of spam.

I have heard of the galactic alignment. I can't find evidence of it one way or the other, just mentioned.
I guess the concern is that it will mess up our magnetic belts. Whether makes them haywire, stronger, weaker, I don't know.

Our magnetic belts protect us from solar storms.

Now if on that day we are on the galaxic equator, where the magnetic pull is the strongest in the milky way, wreaks havoc with our magnetic belts, AND we get hit with a solar storm, we will not only eat spam but it will be heated up for us.

Now, you can't argue that it is creepy the calendar ends on the equinox, the day of the full moon (so I have heard) when the great Galaxy Alignment happens, and the height of the solar maximum, all falls on 12.21.12.

The day after our birthday too, so just in case, my son and I are going to live it up.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
this might sound strange but do you think that humans have suffered this pole change before, that we might become cavemen due to the lack of technology and the devolution will start and we'll probably end up as an amoeba and then die.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The earth is going to stop rotating because Nibiru is a brown dwarft and is extremely dense, thus, causing a massive gravitational force on the earth which is strong enough to stop the rotation tempoary until it passes. Science predicts that may happen, not ancient text. Ancient text only gives you outlines, modern science is proving it.

Nibiru has already been spotted by infrared Russian space probe call Norlok behind the sun at this time, but it will swing around when we get closer to 1212. NASA already know but they keep it top secret.

The US goverment and NASA doesn't want anyone to know because it will cause mass chaos. They know they can't save everyone, it's impossible, so they are going to save the elite (illuminati, politicians and high ranking officials) and everybody else will have to fend for themselves. Why do u think the US builds 2 major underground bases every year in every state? This is for the elite to survive the end times. Even the Russians have massive underground base and so do the Austrilians.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The last time the pole shift was 3600 years ago. The earth recycled itself about 8 times so far. Every time the pole shift and new civilization emerges. I forgot what was the last time the poles shifted, but the 2nd last time was during the Noah floods about 8000 years ago. Do your research, the answer is out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's not going to be the end of the earth, but the end for most people. Modern technology will be buried like Atlantis and we might be reduce to hunters and gatherers later on.

And u never know the aliens may return from Niburu or Planet X and they may become our gods like did our ancestors, but surely they are just a buncha smarter creatures, not deserving for us to worship.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
The earth is going to stop rotating because Nibiru is a brown dwarft and is extremely dense, thus, causing a massive gravitational force on the earth which is strong enough to stop the rotation tempoary until it passes. Science predicts that may happen, not ancient text. Ancient text only gives you outlines, modern science is proving it.

Please, provide us with sources for your information, particularly this part, and the bit about the Russian satellite

Thanks in advance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join