It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, is the end near?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok, i found this really cool video on youtube about 2012 and the planet Nibiru, do you believe that such things will happen in 2012? It scares the crap out of me

if the vid won't load type in 2012 revised at youtube.com

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
not only will it happen, but it's going to happen once

and then once again on your birthday.

cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here's a working link to the youtube video:

www.youtube.com...

And the youtube player for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
People really need to stop this crap, 2012 will be NOTHING. Same as the Y2K scare was nothing all these bunko dates are ridiculous. The year is closer to 6007 or so and 2012 is a Julian calander date and means nothing to anyone particularly GOD. Whn man starts using GODs time and not mans time. I know som think that the Mayan prphecy of 2012 is something about the end of the world but in truth it nis only a date that means something in the galaxy and the wobble of the earth. Never did the Mayans say it was the END OF THE EARTH. I think this 2012 one is dangerous in that it may start to become a SELF FULFILLING prophecy through the actions of MAN...

Keep your eyes on God's plan and you won't be afraid or scared, and you won't get caught uup in this tripe...

EDIT - I meant Gregorian Calnder not Julian, sorry the Julian was what was replaced by the Gregorian...

[edit on 7/17/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay, one of the problems I have with this video is the reference to the "Giant's" picture being taken by a secret helicopter, problem with that is that the picture they took is known to be an entrance into a hoax contest....

www.worth1000.com...

Here's the original unmodified picture:

www.graphics.cornell.edu...

There's quite a few threads addressing this here as well...

Ohh well, would be cool to see a huge flaming red planet fly by in the sky...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
InIndiana in a burial mound they discovered many many skeletons of people over 16 feet tall, NOT A HOAX. InSouth America they have found skeletons over 30 feet tall, NOT A HOAX. In Turkey they have found skeletons of giants ranging from 12-16 feet tall, NOT A HOAX.

Funny thing about ATS users is they believe hook line and sinker that John Titor is a time traveler but can't think there was ever giants on earth. Even though many many sultures have the Giant Myth in its culture.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh man i hate crap like this.

How does planet X's magnetic field stop the earths rotation again? It just doesn't make any sense.

Sensationalist hoo-ha.

Don't lose any sleep on it, because that is what the producer of this video wants. He/she wants everyone to live in paranoid fear just like him/herself.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Funny thing about ATS users is they believe hook line and sinker that John Titor is a time traveler and think there were giants on earth

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
theindependentjournal, can you post links to the info regarding giants?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
1. Planetx/Nibiru is a hoax

2. 2012 will be just another year like 2001, 2002, etc. The mayan/incan/aztec 2012 thing is a "little" misunderstanding of the entire topic.

Not much more to say

InIndiana in a burial mound they discovered many many skeletons of people over 16 feet tall, NOT A HOAX. InSouth America they have found skeletons over 30 feet tall, NOT A HOAX. In Turkey they have found skeletons of giants ranging from 12-16 feet tall, NOT A HOAX.

And i hope, you'll have proof, that this is no hoax, please enlighten us. And don't come up with the Cornell MASTODON, cause Mastodons are NOT humanoid

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have to say as others have stated before that 2012 will just be another year. I don't think we have to worry about other world visitors, cataclismic events, depopulation ect. Our planet does have issues that need to be addressed to ensure our future, mainly a nuclear holocaust possibility, an outbreak of infectious disease and global warming (man made or not it is happening). I was reading about a super computer predicting the future of the planet somewhere and it stated that nuclear holocaust was the highest % of how our planet would be destroyed. I sure hope this is not true as it stated this holocaust is not to far off in the near future.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love reading this 'End of The World' stuff, it's inspirational,
I've just been out pouring old motor oil on the lawn, apparently
it's good for it.
If the 2012 is the big kick-off, then I'll not bother with car
insurance anymore, I mean who'll care.
It's shame about the Olympics.

Heh I just thought... if I 'offed' someone, I'd be out in 5 years!
This stuffs great man, it makes you think huh?

My ex-wife can bite me for the alimony now, it'll be good
to see her fry in 2012!
COME ON REPTOIDS AND PILLAGE THIS DAMN BALL.
*@&k you Al, I'll make my own way home.
(heh, I'm walkin', I'm walkin'!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
2012 unfortunately, the date is based on the other calendars in this
civilized word not actual passage of "time". The ancients were not
stupid they said the Earth went around the Sun in 360 days.

They didn't round off.

So, the mayan "calendar" is based on another system of time.

Add or subtract the supposed 33 years of the phony life of jesus
(metaphorized and placed in the "bible" by the nicene council of 325PE)
and you have a complete mess.

What will happen GUARANTEED is that the goofballs will think of
salvation and higher levels, the fundamentalist christians will think
of translating, scientologists will get final clearance and a get out
of jail card for freedom from the thetans,, the poor and homeless and
the third world countries will perceive it as mass starvation and
killing each other for food, the government will exist in relative
comfort underground in the many top secret compounds administered by
FEMA.

Every 26,000 years our sun lines up with the galactic center of the
milkyway this in turn creates a pole shift. These have been confirmed
in the past. The ones that survived the last one are your kin folk from way back when.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok, folks !

Follow me !!

Up to the right...STRETCH the cursor
to the SEARCH button !!

Type in Nibiru !!

Excited, yet ???

You should be !!

ALL kinds of ATS links to be found !!!

Now, exhale and relax.

Exhausted,
Lex

Edit to add an "I".

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I agree, the alien part with the crop circles as "safe spots" and the year 2012 is fake, I talked to an archeologist from Peru and he confirmed that the skeletons and the huge skulls are real.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think there is something to the 2012 thing. I'm not saying it will be the "end of the world", but I think we are in for a major change at the very least. I, too, was a bit skeptic of the Mayan Calendar at first. But then I learned that other sources, without knowledge of the other, came up with December 21, 2012 also. These sources also predicted world events accurately that have already proven to be true in the past. These include, but are not limited to, the medieval predictions of Merlin and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching. In addition, a new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future, and also came up with the 2012 date. I'm not entirely sold on the Web-Bot thing, as it could have come up with this date simply because so many people are talking about it on the net. The point is that it is all a matter of opinion until December 21, 2012. That is when we will know for sure what the deal is. Until then, I don't think it can be debunked.

As for the skeletons of "giants" being found... this is the first I've heard of that, excluding the occasional ATS hoax. So why is it that when the fossils of a 5-foot-tall penguin are discovered, it is carried all over the news, but when 10 and 15 and 30-foot humanoid remains are discovered, we don't hear about it? To me, the discovery of human-appearing "creatures" that are three stories tall would be the most amazing discovery in the history of mankind.

I anxiously await some links to some legitimate sources for this giant stuff. Hopefully I will remember to return to this thread and look for the links. But maybe some really nice ATS member will U2U me the links when they read this!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You know what it's going to be like on December 22, 2012, the day AFTER "the day"? Just another day closer to christmas.

The Mayan Calendar was based on the path of the moon for agricultural purposes. The mathematics are curiously common throughout various parts of the universe. Nothing is going to happen. It's the winter solstice.

The Mayan Long County Calendar ends on what translates in the gregorian calendar as 12.21.12. Mayan texts say nothing about the end of the world. Just the end of the calendar. So what happens? The stupid calendar starts over again. Big deal.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Some digging in the net bring me these kind of results, after i putt away the obvious hoax ones:

Giant skeletons resume:

Another one with much more information then the first link:
Skelles...:

If some one could prof that the first and second links are pure mambo jambo, i will end to belive in giants....until there, i remain with my ideas about them

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Umbra Sideralis] :Removing hoax link!

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I know som think that the Mayan prphecy of 2012 is something about the end of the world but in truth it nis only a date that means something in the galaxy and the wobble of the earth.

Not exactly correct.

What the Mayans predicted for the year 2012 was the return of Quetzalcoatl, the God of Spiritual Lightness.

Quetzalcoatl was driven from the world at the middle of the last cycle by Tezcatlipoca, the God of Spiritual darkness.

Quetzalcoatl will return to banish Tezcatlipoca, starting the cycle of spiritual lightness/darkness anew.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think some read into the whole "End of the world as we know it" thing too much. Nobody knows for sure obviously. It's probably a time shift along with a pole shift. Days are getting shorter, seasons are lasting longer, so in that sense, the world is changing. Nobody knows, nobody knows...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join