It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve Signs That We Are Very Near the End of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

How could you know what other people see.Do you think all people who see things before they happen go around telling everyone?

You want evidence? How about this thread?

People think they see future events, and they delude themselves into believing what they see is true, but if their "prophecies" were all recorded word for word and the people who were predicted for recorded exactly what happened (if anything) in regards to the prophecy, then the only successes will fall right in line with the laws of probability. Sometimes people guess right and that's all there is to it.

Prophecy is nonsense. NONSENSE. And when you catch someone out on one of their prophecies, you get excuses, and double talk, and semi-hysterical talking in circles trying to cover up for why they were wrong.

I appreciate that you like my posts, sorry you didn't like this one. But I'm not only an atheist, I only accept empirical evidence because if there is no hard proof, there is no proof. People can say anything, and they can delude themselves into believing "anything" means more than it does.

I used to believe in all this stuff. You can read about that in this thread. I grew up and got over my need for a supernatural answer when there isn't a logical one. I'm content to wait for science to answer what it can't answer (yet). But just because science has no answer to something doesn't mean they won't have it later.

Nothing anyone could say can convince me of the supernatural, or prophecy. Been there, done that, found nothing.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There is never an end, the only thing there is, is change.

We never die.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The 20 Dollar Bill could be classified as a prophesy. No religious group proclaimed that 9-11-2001 (WTC/Pentagon) would happen to the US, but the 20 Dollar Bill did. The artwork was created and released before 9-11-2001, making it an unspoken prophesy. Humans don't predict the future, the invisible spirits do. The god of Islam likely made 9-11-2001 happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Can someone tell me what day will be the last? I'm trying to plan my week...

Go ahead! Party like it's 1999!

According to the Mayan Calendar, doomsday isn't until December 21, 2012. Even then it's not the end of the world either; but only the end of the world as we know it. We move from a humanistic age into another more spiritual level.

www.artideas.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancelot

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Can someone tell me what day will be the last? I'm trying to plan my week...

Go ahead! Party like it's 1999!

I have a feeling that the party hasn't even started, yet.

This board is great, because it is so easy to see those that have an open mind to see the life of possibilities and those that use their personal bias to cloud their vision. Of course, it is a possibility that nothing will happen. Everything and anything is possible in this life and universe that we do not fully understand.

I love reading the blind debunkers and the "end of the world/death and destruction" believers, because it is completely short-sighted outlook. Also, their personal bias removes them from seeing the big picture and doing true research on the issue.

I guess some people see the sunset without seeing the sunrise. Some people can't see the sun at all.

That being said, I think their maybe something to this prediction, just because it is not a one-sourced prediction like Y2K. Which I knew wasn't going to be anything, mainly because I knew computer programmers that were fixing the issue with computers. So I partied like it was 1999.

I just think to see the future possibility you may have to see the swell of human existence to see where we are headed. If you don't believe in Divine Intervention or God at all. See that we may be evolving from a Type 0 civilization to a Type 1 civilization. Some people call these events the "Singularity." Some people call that our shift into this society will be cause by the "Technorapture," because we will use the gift of internet and technology to see the world what it really is, a large civilization that should be working together to make everyone's lives easier.

I mean you don't have to believe in God to see that society is changing at a much greater pace then ever in the history of mankind. But there is nothing weak in believing that their is an existence outside our own. That is a very close-minded approach. And i guess that wipes out the possibility that inter-dimensional ET's are real.

I think the Bible is a great tool for understanding life and our evolution as an intelligent species. But you have to remember that there is no real evolution if God had laid out life and knowledge in one book, that is why you have to read it as an allegory and apply it to what we know as a society currently (because our knowledge of our universe is always growing). This takes a lot of personal discernment and intelligence.

I think God since the time that Eve took the bite from the Tree of Life/Tree of Knowledge we as humanity have been led down the path of evolution in understanding our universe, ourselves and God. This evolution is still occurring, but we are getting closer and closer to fusing religion/spirituality and science, just as Albert Einstein wanted to do with his scientific work.

This an easy to understand video interview of well-known theoretical physicist and co-founder of the String Field Theory Michio Kaku talking about the evolution of humanity and the newest scientific theory.

vids.myspace.com...

Even if nothing divine happens, you have to understand that our society in the future will be changing greatly. As he said the first sign that we are going into the shift will be heavy deflation of currency, which I think will probably cause a worldwide recession/depression. Some economists theorize that this may be happening as soon as next few years, because of personal and national debt and inflationary economics. I think the current amount of foreclosures in the housing sector is a foreshadow of things to come.

If worldwide depression hits, where do we go from there? I guess we'll see.

I don't "believe" that something big may happen in the future, but I know it is a definite possibility.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by frailty]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
CONTINUED

I think humans may be "part man(body) and part god (soul)." I think leading up to 2012 and afterwards we may be getting in better touch with our god-side or soul, which will be interesting if nothing else.

I am not and would never force beliefs on everyone. But if more people had an open mind and "loved thy neighbor as thyself," the world would be a much better place.

I also don't believe that the Bible/Christianity is the only path to salvation, as some Christians believe. I think that is just a ridiculous notion.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
First let me say, i am an atheist also, and the bible to me is totally just bad enterpitation of what i believe is just a bunch of bull. But i do believe there are other species of life in the universe and dimensional. And if you look at the history of science, You will find that it is constantly proven wrong and ever changing.Dont get me wrong, science is important to move ahead and continue our learning. But to say relying on it and it alone is very closed minded in my opinion.Not saying that you are major, just making a point. And when i say the bible is bull. Im only saying the enterpatation is. As far as life as we know it, I believe that the time is near and we should look at the signs that is right in front of our faces.The main thing that i believe will cause mass destruction is the reversal of the magnetic pole here on earth. It is speculated that this will happen in 2012. We already know for fact that it has been declining in recent years. The biggest question will be, will the earth change its rotation? if it does than that will cause major catacalismic devistation here on earth. I believe that the mayans where experts in astronomy and there predictions of 2012 is based on these factors. I will not take the chance when the time comes, Ill be on vacation in the middle of the mojave desert. Hope to see you there. If you do show up, dont forget to bring some sort of water craft. you never know, you might need it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

People think they see future events, and they delude themselves into believing what they see is true, but if their "prophecies" were all recorded word for word and the people who were predicted for recorded exactly what happened (if anything) in regards to the prophecy, then the only successes will fall right in line with the laws of probability. Sometimes people guess right and that's all there is to it.

Just because YOU never had a vision or dream, doesn't mean that NO ONE has never had one.

Speaking all-inclusively is a bad habit. What we really know is we know not much at all. I am NOT saying that any certain person who claimed to be a recent profit was. But to deny anyone ever seeing anything, ever ... is quite a dismissing blanket statement. Similar to those who claim various other non-proofs of non-existence such as ... I never saw an alien, so they cannot be, giant squids aren't real, because we don't have pictures or physical evidence, life can't exist without water/oxygen/etc. ... which are only truly assumptions from what we don't know, not what we can prove to not be. Case in point, they now know giant squids exist. The more you close your mind, the less you are able to see when something is in front of you ... not being able to see the forest through the trees.

I KNOW I have had visions of 'very minor' events in my life ... sometimes 6-12 months in advance. The reason they stood out and I thought about them for a while is because they were images and situations that I would have never thought myself to be in, but the people and interactions were very clear ... and when they started coming together, I was in awe.

Now ... if I saw something catostrophic ... I would try to warn people ... tell me this ... if I warn people and prevent it from happening, then I am a liar, if I tell someone but not warn, then I am cruel for not trying to save the innocent, but if I don't tell anyone and claim afterwards, I again, am a liar. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you cannot win in some people's eyes.

I would say most of it is not written in stone, and sometimes what people invision can change. But to discount it because it isn't a proven science, well, science isn't really proven much ... it is a group of theories and assumptions made from the current understanding ... and in no way fact.

If you chose to give up your faith/beliefs ... that is purely your choice ... but for you to make personal attacks, and make claims that your feelings and thoughts, or even those of the majority are the only truth, then you really don't have a understanding of things very well. How many times in the past has the majority, and so-called scientifically proven things been showed to be incorrect as technology progresses, and we look back at those ideas.

I believe, but that has no meaning in this discussion ... you don't have to believe what I do, but you also don't have the right to tell me or anyone else what they believe is wrong, unless it is a blatant fact, as in ... someone tells you cheese is made from grass .... well that is just not true. But religion and science are open to interpretation and you can never fully discount someone for it, because it is open to the individual to decide for themselves. In fact, one of the most famous scientists was extremely religious ... and he came up with the foundation of current science.

I respect your decision to lose what you had felt in the past, whether I agree with you or not ... please people show some respect for those who feel and believe different from you. If you just want a bunch of mindless agreeables ... find a topic specific forum or create your own where you can all pat each other on the back that you all think and feel the same way and not allow any opposing views or feelings to be felt or expressed by anyone else ... but here, of all places, don't claim you opinions as facts.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

First let me say, i am an atheist also, and the bible to me is totally just bad enterpitation of what i believe is just a bunch of bull. But i do believe there are other species of life in the universe and dimensional. And if you look at the history of science, You will find that it is constantly proven wrong and ever changing.Dont get me wrong, science is important to move ahead and continue our learning. But to say relying on it and it alone is very closed minded in my opinion.Not saying that you are major, just making a point. And when i say the bible is bull. Im only saying the enterpatation is. As far as life as we know it, I believe that the time is near and we should look at the signs that is right in front of our faces.The main thing that i believe will cause mass destruction is the reversal of the magnetic pole here on earth. It is speculated that this will happen in 2012. We already know for fact that it has been declining in recent years. The biggest question will be, will the earth change its rotation? if it does than that will cause major catacalismic devistation here on earth. I believe that the mayans where experts in astronomy and there predictions of 2012 is based on these factors. I will not take the chance when the time comes, Ill be on vacation in the middle of the mojave desert. Hope to see you there. If you do show up, dont forget to bring some sort of water craft. you never know, you might need it.

Hey, your belief that the Bible is bull is your opinion. At least you thought about some people don't even do that. And as a self-proclaimed Atheist, you know that the existence of God can not be done with modern science. Maybe you just need some first hand experience. You could possibly try astral projection to see for yourself what is outside of our realm, that's what the Rosicrucians and Freemasons do. Believe me when I say that it isn't BS. It's quite an experience, though I am pretty new to doing it.

I had my first OBE when my heart stopped beating while in the hospital for a brain tumor, when I was a teenager. I am fine now. I will tell you even if you don't believe in God, there is definitely much more to life and consciousness then you may think.

As far as polar shift, it's a possibility. I'"ve researched that and well and see that are poles are going some what wonky as we near the end of the Earth's wobble period, which ends of course in late 2012 (doesn't mean a pole shift will occur). I think it's nice to think that outside forces may prevent a polar shift from happening and great loss of life. God did promise no more floods to Noah in the Bible, which may be an indicator.

If it did happen, I am glad me and my family live near the Chesapeake Bay and have friends with boats. Also, I am quite a good swimmer and floater. So, I possibly always swim down to a dry zone. I am not to worried. It is impossible to predict or pin down the timing of pole shifts, and it could be a possibility that no pole shift happens at all. I tell you one thing I am not going to Mojave desert, unless there is going to be a big party there. Hey for you, I guess it is better to be safe then sorry.

Remember, it is definitely the end of the wobble period, that does not mean there will be a pole shift. And with your carte blanche dismissal of religion and the purpose (historical or otherwise) of the Bible and other religious books that are important, you are not taking everything into account. So, sometimes you may fail to see the big picture. You don't have to believe, but it is nice to understand.

I'll say one thing that you definitely have wrong, the Bible is not bull, neither is the Qur'an, the Torah and other Jewish holy books, the teachings of Buddha, Taoist books or other spiritual books that our a great basis for understanding ourselves and our world. Just as scientific are great.

It is your life and your choice. Everyone must walk their own path.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Just because YOU never had a vision or dream, doesn't mean that NO ONE has never had one.

Well put and good post. I have been having predictive dreams, since I was a young kid. I really can't stand people who dismiss them just because they have never had one.

My dreams for the most part have been about fairly ordinary occurrences that would happen a couple days later. But, when I was a kid I had a recurring dream of my toddler sister, walking on grass, over a cement path, leaning down to look at the water and falling in. A couple months later in the summer My parent, myself and my toddler sister went to Fort Mchenry for a picnic and the vision from my dream came true. As she was peering into the water, I remember the dream and snatched her up. Every time I think of this I tear up. It would have been sad to lose my sister, she is such a great person.

I have currently had very lucid dreams for the past year or so. Where I converse with two beings. They say that something "big" is going to happen. They have told me a lot of things, but said I had to use my "personal discernment" to understand and make up my own mind of what may transpire in the future. I am just grateful, because those dreams have helped me grasp a greater understanding of myself and life in general.

I really wish people wouldn't dismiss things such as this without thinking that they are completely out of the realm of possibility. I just wish people wouldn't be so close-minded.

I have it nice though, because I have other people in my immediate family that have had predictive dreams as well. It guess it makes it easier for me to deal with what I've gone through somewhat.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The main thing that i believe will cause mass destruction is the reversal of the magnetic pole here on earth. It is speculated that this will happen in 2012. We already know for fact that it has been declining in recent years.

Yes, I understand that this is what you, and other people, believe. But a belief is not truth. It's just what you think is going to happen.

Tell you what, let's make a date: I'll be here on January 1, 2013 to say I told you so.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes, I understand that this is what you, and other people, believe. But a belief is not truth. It's just what you think is going to happen.

Tell you what, let's make a date: I'll be here on January 1, 2013 to say I told you so.

sounds good to me. But i have to clear something up first, The person who said i thought the bible was bull. read my post again and look where i say that the interpitation is whats bull. that is my opinion and im sticking to it. And astral projection is something i have done. And i can tell you that the experience for me was not the same as it was for you from what you say about it. and i do look at the whole picture. I just have different views than you. and that is normal for everyone to have . That is why we are here right now debating issues. We are not all on the same level of thinking. This discussion and all others are all speculation based on our own experiences and beliefs. If one person had the answers and could prove that it was so, then we would all be somewhere else besides debating who is right and wrong. And to majormalfunction, if i am right then ill see you on the other side. Ill be looking for ya
It may be awhile, i might get lost in a desert cave and live to be 100 years old. That would be my luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

unless it is a blatant fact, as in ... someone tells you cheese is made from grass .... well that is just not true.

Sorry, I had to lighten up the conversation here. Actually, yes. Some cheese is made from grass. You ever hear of hemp cheese? One brand is called Hemprella and it's disgusting.
Case and point, not everything is the world you see around you. Just because one particular observer doesn't know something to be true doesn't mean it isn't true.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Prophecy is nonsense. NONSENSE. And when you catch someone out on one of their prophecies, you get excuses, and double talk, and semi-hysterical talking in circles trying to cover up for why they were wrong.

Nothing anyone could say can convince me of the supernatural, or prophecy. Been there, done that, found nothing.

I have seen future events, but I didn't know that till they happened, so I am no prophet. But that does allow me to accept the possibility some can. You are right to not let others convince you of things. All of us should make up our own minds. If you've never seen supernatural things, no wonder you don't buy it. But I have, and me, and all the others who have don't have your luxury of not believing it.
I don't know what will happen in the future, but I do have much reading under my belt on prophecies, and some of them are damn good. You note sometimes they are wrong. Of course. Some are frauds, and even those who are not frauds aren't perfect. Don't you ever make any mistakes? Why can't they?
Prophecy is a bizarre topic, granted, but there is something to it. Check out the Hindu Veda's depiction of the end of the Kali age, or the Hopi nine signs of the end times. Now those are pretty accurate descriptions of todays world.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

What do I think?

Prophecy is nonsense.

Prophecies are couched in very vague terms that can be interpreted in many ways by people from many different cultures and ages. Nostradamus for example, everyone says he's accurate -- when I read him, his quatrains are so vague as to be interpreted in dozens of different ways in the light of current events from whatever time.

Nobody sees the future. There is guessing. There is hoping. And science has probabilities, but science at least doesn't say that a probability is going to happen, just that there is a probability something might happen.

I don't understand the Christian need to have the end of the world come. As far as we know, and the only thing that we have actual empirical evidence for, is that when you're dead you are DEAD. There's nothing coming after, no heavenly kingdom of childish rewards, so people need to get their heads out of the clouds and come down to earth where the only life they are likely to get is happening here and now. Enjoy it while you have it, it goes pretty quick.

He he he he he

Live in ignorance my friend! Just might save you!

You, or someone who can confide in you, has obviously never experienced a near death experience (a blessing, I say).

You, or someone who can confide in you, has obviously not had a dream or a vision that has eerily come true.

You are very definitely firmly implanted in the physical. That is not necessarily a bad thing! You would not have to worry about psychic attack, for one! Or experience the irritation of an astral travel experience when you are just trying to get a good nights sleep! Or be bothered by an irritating spirit who is trying to communicate with you.

Good luck to you.

You may receive a bit of a surprise though, one day, hopefully in the far distant future when you become aware that this physical world is not the end of your existance........

But don't you worry your pretty little head about it......nothing to be concerned about .... for now or a long time yet .... I hope!

Differences....it's what makes the world go round ... and creates a few wars ... but still, makes the world go round!

Dobbie

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
OH No
Not another 'end of the world' predictor.

The Bible was just a book. It isnt real you know.

Exactly,

Every single thing I read off that list is very domineering and typical of any organized religion.

"Man should stay dumb and ignorant or the end of the world shall be upon them!"

"Man shall not do what nature allows them to do, for, that's a sin!"

"Man shall listen to our teaching for it is the correct one!"

Not to mention these prophecies are direct contradictions to other portions of the Bible. Which anybody who has denied ignorance before knows about.

I'm sorry but:

There's nothing to see, move along.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So what I take it that some of you belief the Big Bang theory?
One big star coming out of nowhere, explodes, and some billions
of years later we are here?
I think that is a terrible theory. If they can prove it's true
than I will believe it. If not then I will keep my
God belief.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah, actually I have experienced what I believe was an "NDE" -- it was actually an effect of chemicals in my brain due to certain activities I was up to. NDE doesn't prove life after death, it only proves that our brains secrete chemicals that produce the effects of NDE upon death to ease our transitions to nothingness.

I highly suggest people not make assumptions about what I have, and have not, been through in my life. I've done it all -- Christianity, sweat lodge, paranormal studies, NDE (actually sleep paralysis in my case), etc. etc.

I know wherefore I speak: nothing I've seen or experienced needs be explained by a supernatural force -- all I've been through has a quite mundane explanation.

So, I would like to ask all you people who believe the rapture is near: when you leave can I have your house, your car and your bank account? You could sign them over to me now and save the trouble later.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Like i have said, I have an open mind. And I have found a thread that is most interesting to say the least. I think everyone should read it. than you might have a different View on the whole alien and ufos topic.

topic.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see alot of points being brought up that this thread may somewhat explain.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047

Originally posted by lostinspace
This current civization will be wiped out as well. Will there be any survivors?

Great! Now the Cylons are predicting the end of our race! I guess I better make peace with Gorto.

Six: It’s time to do your part and realize your destiny.
Gaius Baltar: Which is what exactly?
Six: You are are the guardian and protector of the new generation of God’s children. It’s time to make your choice. See the face of the shape of things to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join