It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should take over for Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Greer has to go. Thank you for what you have accomplished with getting the witnesses together. Thanks for the press club exposure...but the time has come for you to step away. Greer does not "own" the eye witnesses' testimony, he can do what he wants with his ideas but the UFO disclosure needs to be taken over by someone else that can garner the attention and open the correct doors. We're not talking about making appearances on Coast to Coast or UFO conventions; someone that is mainstream enough to get the door open farther.

I don't think the UFO witnesses want to hide. I think they want to ring the church bells and get their stories out in a way that wakes people up.

Who should this person be? Who can illustrate to the public and stand up for the military, engineers, and scientists that have great testimony to tell but are not being taken seriously enough? Who can take it to the next level?

Steven Spielberg?
Michael Moore?
An ex-general?
A Michio Kaku type scientist?
An ex-government official?
A team of these type of people?

Who would be the Carl Sagan-like person who can interest the public, educate and be media friendly?

(Forgive me for not responding I am off on vacation within the hour, but I think it's time we seriously start thinking about this...Greer does not own the UFO subject)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The government should take over it. There is no one else who can do this than the government. The government could use some of those people to help and according to some sources, they may have already begun doing that.

Until then, Dr Greer is doing just fine.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dump Greer.

I'll take Kaku, Stan Friedman, Salla, Aczel or any equally recognized international scientific figure.

Just not another "old country doctor from Virginia" out to milk the gullible masses and charge $800 to sit in the flowers and wave flashlights at moths while discussing "gay" planets and holding hands meditating for a "new" consciousness.

Actually - at this point, after so many disappointing "spokesfolk", I'm beginning to think only the aliens themselves can properly conduct their own disclosure.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hands down, it should be Stanton Friedman.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I can. I promise not to show myself or make any speeches promoting any agenda, making it cult-proof. Also, i don't want your money and you only decide what to believe.

You see, you don't even need a leader.

But seriously, there should be some alternative way for people to show material and to debate, without fees and cults. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A member of ats someone from here who can keep us to date with the best and most accurate info

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I like stanton but he's still fixated on events that happened 60 years ago, so I think he's too slow with this stuff and although great articulating the issues and takes a very scientific approach, he isn't a person I think capable of getting 500 people on the same page by himself.

I don't think there are many individuals who could run the DP, but I do think a committee of people would be the best way.

Create a democratic commitee with well intentioned people in the field across beliefs who are 'reasonable' -

Stanton, Nick Pope, Alfred Webre, Stephen Bassett, etc......

I think a lot of these people work together informally but it would be cool to create an organization that pools together all of thier energy and resources on this instead of being so fractured. This is probably impossible though, unless a big corporation financed this. Bill Gates anyone?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe Stanton *IS* the right individual for the job precisely because he methodical and not fixated on the latest fads. Sure, he won't sway large crowds of impressionable people like Greer does, but that's not what we need.

We need someone respectable.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketsauce
I like stanton but he's still fixated on events that happened 60 years ago, so I think he's too slow with this stuff and although great articulating the issues and takes a very scientific approach, he isn't a person I think capable of getting 500 people on the same page by himself.

He's not fixated on anything other than researching UFO cases. Roswell just happens to be one of the first, most documented, with the biggest number of credible (military, etc) witnesses, with wreckage and even allegedly living aliens.

Unveiling Roswell would most likely provoke full disclosure from the Government(s) and everyone involved in the cover up.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by danx]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
The government should take over it. There is no one else who can do this than the government. The government could use some of those people to help and according to some sources, they may have already begun doing that.

What a novel idea! Here we have a government that has been resisting disclosure for 60+ years. The same government that has been accused of hiding the existence of aliens, signing illegal treaties with them, holding back much-needed energy technologies from the world, and which has also been accused of assassinating witnesses and people who know too much about what is really happening. This is the same government that has people sign restrictive security oaths that indicate a 20 year jail sentence without a trial if they talk even the least bit about what they've seen. This is the government that has threatened families of witnesses with death. This is the government that has supposedly allowed its citizens to be kidnapped, probed, implanted in exchange for super-secret military technologies.

And you think the government is the best candidate to take over Disclosure. The government knows most about it. Why not? I'm sure it will work. And to think the answer was sitting out in front of us all this time. Good work, c3hamby. Thanks for the suggestion!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's got to be someone with a Type A personality that will step up and do it.

If there was anybody that could step up and 'replace' his work, they would've already done it. The OP suggested that Dr Greer does not own the UFO subject, and that is a true statement. There are no chains holding anyone else back, other than the government.

Rather, what we have is a lot of people who are doing work. Bassett is doing his thing, Webre is doing is thing, P. Harris is doing her thing.

It's pretty shortsided to think that disclosure could be 'done' by one person.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Maybe Stanton *IS* the right individual for the job precisely because he methodical and not fixated on the latest fads. Sure, he won't sway large crowds of impressionable people like Greer does, but that's not what we need.

We need someone respectable.

Maybe it's the way Stanton talks or the fact that I only hear him talk about Roswell or the Betty Hill case rather than organize a march on DC for disclosure, but his personality type seems to me to one of very meticulous investigation getting to the bottom of every last detail possible, trying to continually turn over new rocks in the same cases from 60 years ago, which altough are great cases, much has happened since.................

If I had one UFO case to investigate, I would pick Stanton and I would also pick him to represent me in court if I was accused of a crime I didn't commit. I think he is great.

But I don't think this type of single mindedness at the expense of time and missing out on other more modern cases is something you want in a position that requires the ability to multitask like crazy and organize something this large. He may be a great 'figure head' for a group, but I wouldn't have him behind the scenes getting stuff done/coordinating anything.

Engineers/scientists are known for thier ability to use the scientific method not neccearily lobby on behalf of a cause. If stanton was a different personality type he would be my pick he certainly speaks and works in a way that comes off as honest and reliable, but at the rate he works, he'd be 90 before he organized something like this.

Not a knock on Stanton, just my opinion on his personality type based on the interviews I've heard. He seems content to make a living lecturing on Roswell and the Hill case then being politically active.

Steven Greer as much of a putz as he is, was extremely active in organizing a disclosure event .

This isn't a judgement on character, since Stanton is way more reliable and truth worthy IMO, but some people are real Go Getters and can organize and mobilize things and others are better at being more analytical.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by rocketsauce]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Timothy Good...

Nice bloke with a supremely cultured accent

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why does disclosure need a leader?

An important kind of disclosure has been going on for centuries and has really got going in the last 200 hundred-odd years. It is called science. Through it, we have discovered how huge, how ancient, how complex, and how weird this universe really is. There any many really large unanswered questions and massive technological challenges, with no end in sight.

In a generation or two we will know about how many Earth-like planets are in our region of the galaxy. We will have conducted a fairly exhaustive search for deliberate radio signals sent out way and will have made good progress in looking for accidental transmissions. In a generation or two we will know how to build thinking machines, and these machines will know how to build even smarter machines. We may begin to transcend our biology, so that these machines aren't just something we made, but are Us.

Somewhere along the way, I think we'll see a paradigm shift from seeing the universe as purely physical to seeing it as also biological, and we will begin to appreciate the role that living, thinking beings have played in it. In other words, we'll figure out aliens.

Don't look to the government. I don't believe they know nearly as much as some pretend. I think they are likely baffled and frustrated by whaht they have learned. They should share it with us, but that would only begin a long scientific process toward understanding the data we have, as we slowly build new conceptual equipment to be able to mentally get our arms around the truth. It will take time, and it needs to fit into the larger process of scientific discovery.

No progress at all - none whatever - will be made by true believers.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why, I can't believe that you guys are missing the most perfect candidate in the country, nay, the world!

A retired major general in the Army intelligence community, and he just LOVES this sort of thing.

I give you the one, the only, Albert Stubblebine!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Why, I can't believe that you guys are missing the most perfect candidate in the country, nay, the world!

A retired major general in the Army intelligence community, and he just LOVES this sort of thing.

He would make a good President-What better way then to have the President of the united states say the gig is up.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
He would make a good President-What better way then to have the President of the united states say the gig is up.

Plus he can teach you to play a mean game of Minesweeper.

/Son, is it safer to choose this block, or that one? Don't think ...feel it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Plus he can teach you to play a mean game of Minesweeper.

/Son, is it safer to choose this block, or that one? Don't think ...feel it.

Yeah, his parapsychology might do the trick.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Of course. General Stubblebine. He's the guy who said it was impossible for a 757 to hit the Pentagon. He resigned his post after one of his officers had a major psychotic episode while training in hemi-synch meditation techniques at the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to having people experience states outside the body (OBE). He's also somewhat controversial in the healthcare field, witnessed by this article. He's also famous for spoon bending parties and for research into how to kill goats by staring at them for prolonged periods.

The bottom line is that the 78 year old Stubblebine is not going to be President of the US. He also has serious credibility problems which are worse than Greer's. The fact is in 2001 Greer was good because his only 'vice,' if you will, was Disclosure. Other than that, he played it straight. He needs to be replaced because Mothra is now his priority. Stubblebine is already there and would bring more controversy than credibility to the issue.

Hey, I believe in spoon bending. That's not the issue. But if this thread is to be something other than a sad joke it needs to get off this fantasy love fest and get serious. Friedman I could believe, but Stubblebine would only make matters worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You know, I was sort of poking fun of it at first, but in all seriousness he would be a great choice for it if you could get him to do it. Which I doubt.

You never know though, he's a truther, and he was into a lot of stuff that ATS would drool over. Hell, oh mods, you should get him to do an interview for ATS, a more interesting guy you couldn't find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join