It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should take over for Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Of course. General Stubblebine. He's the guy who said it was impossible for a 757 to hit the Pentagon. He resigned his post after one of his officers had a major psychotic episode while training in hemi-synch meditation techniques at the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to having people experience states outside the body (OBE). He's also somewhat controversial in the healthcare field, witnessed by this article. He's also famous for spoon bending parties and for research into how to kill goats by staring at them for prolonged periods.

What better qualifications could you have to run the Disclosure Project?

I guess my sarcast-o-meter wasn't set high enough: I think DP itself is probably a snow job.

That doesn't mean Stubblebine wouldn't make an outrageously good ATS guest though.

edit: Going to a Jack Houck party is an experience you won't soon forget. It doesn't work for me, though.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by menguard

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
I give you the one, the only, Albert Stubblebine!

He would make a good President-What better way then to have the President of the united states say the gig is up.

Of course. General Stubblebine. He's the guy who said it was impossible for a 757 to hit the Pentagon. He resigned his post after one of his officers had a major psychotic episode while training in hemi-synch meditation techniques at the Monroe Institute, which is dedicated to having people experience states outside the body (OBE). He's also somewhat controversial in the healthcare field, witnessed by this article. He's also famous for spoon bending parties and for research into how to kill goats by staring at them for prolonged periods.

The bottom line is that the 78 year old Stubblebine is not going to be President of the US. He also has serious credibility problems which are worse than Greer's. The fact is in 2001 Greer was good because his only 'vice,' if you will, was Disclosure. Other than that, he played it straight. He needs to be replaced because Mothra is now his priority. Stubblebine is already there and would bring more controversy than credibility to the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In all seriouseness, I do think 'Steven Greer' is the man appointed for the subject. Therefore it could be no other way.But in all honesty, there are others that would do just fine also.You know what they say about wine, its usually better with age.As long as no mental cases are brought forth against the subject then all credibility is shot to hell, lol.But then again what is reality, a social consensus.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
The government should take over it.
Until then, Dr Greer is doing just fine.

c3hamby, welcome back! Great new avatar as well.

Leader Greer is doing fine. He's raking in the money from gullible fools with hopeful starry-eyed dreams of ET contact. Sure, he's doing fine!

However, we're no closer to any type of world disclosure.

In my opinion, no one needs to be in charge for any push to disclose UFO information. Collectively, it should be possible for individuals to chip-away as a community to try and make a breakthrough.

(By the way, c3hamby, remember how you wanted "just one" person who was dissatisfied with a Cult Greer vector party? Well, check out where Fry found a couple of them. You'll need a new catch-cry now, as "just one" won't cut it anymore).

[edit on 11-7-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The government should take over it. There is no one else who can do this than the government. The government could use some of those people to help and according to some sources, they may have already begun doing that.

Are you serious? I almost can't believe I just read that.
There is more then a million reasons why the Government SHOULDN'T take over TDP, if they did there would no longer be TDP or CSETI for that matter. Just take a small peek at the U.S. Governments track record for a moment concerning "disclosure", start at the Roswell incident and work your way up from there. Not to mention the Apollo missions, the JFK assasination or their final 911 report but the Governments credibility on disclosure is for another thread I am sure.

Greer is not "doing just fine" ,IMO, unless you think him showing truth seekers a picture of him in a café smiling (all the way to the bank) with some sort of spiro-graph design on his t-shirt a fine job at giving the public true witness documented disclosure after over 5 years of having such documents and testimony's in his posession.

Stanton T. Friedman would be my personal vote for taking over TDP. He has more then enough knowledge and understanding of the world of Ufology and isn't the type of man who exploits it for personal gain like the U.S. Government and Greer "now does".

The only "other logical", professional, down to earth, understanding and probably even capable of properly operating TDP files and information and presenting that information to the public correctly would be .... obviously ... the Three Amigos of ATS.
Looking back at the Top Secret Networks (ATS BTS PTS) history and their way of operating things stands up firm against anything TDP has done in the last 5 years with it's website and has, IMO, disclosed more information to me here then TDP website has. A site like this has shed lots of light, where as TDP has left me in the shadows since 2001.

My honest point of view,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you can get tom cruise to stop that scientology stuff and do disclosure you get the mainstream audience and media attention it needs, then people in certain high places have to start paying attention especially if he is getting consistant support

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'd be happy with anybody who has a good amount of charisma, a scientific background, and one who will apply logic, reason, and the scientific method to disclosure issues.

I saw Greer's presentation where he had a whole bunch of witnesses come forward and tell what they knew. Some of those witnesses appeared extremely credible. Others sounded like they were making it up as they went along. A good leader with the skill to weed out the uncredible and focus on the credible accounts, as well as one who can bring pressure on the government to reveal what it knows, are what we need.

Who would I recommend? I don't know all the names in the UFO community, so I won't pick one of those that I do know. What we really need is someone that has huge respect in the scientific community. Somebody like Stephen Hawking, although he'd never do it :p

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What about Bill Richardson?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ermm, Dan Akroyd anyone? He seems to be getting right into this kinda stuff. Maybe he's being groomed by the Gubbamint to add spin. How about John Leer or Zorgon? Yeah, John or Zorgon or maybe Peter Griffin? I'm sure they'd all do a better job.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Hands down, it should be Stanton Friedman.

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL!
I had a good laugh here. Thank you.

Friedman doesn't have 1/10 of the knowledge Greer is carrying. And is completely off-track regarding exopolitics.
ETD

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ATS, so much speculations, so little hard work, so much trash talk with no foundations.
ATS So....entertaining.

I wonder if some of the Greer's trash-talking goose will ever get dirty and do some "REAL" Research work...

ETD.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure
Friedman doesn't have 1/10 of the knowledge Greer is carrying.

True, Friedman doesn't have as much knowledge about flying moths and hooting owls, as Leader Greer does.

And (Friedman) is completely off-track regarding exopolitics.
ETD

Well, Stan is a smarter man and knows better than to sit in the woods at night, hooting at owls and photographing moths.

Please, tell me exactly everything that Leader Greer knows about exopolitics? If you know that Friedman is off track, then you must know why Leader Greer is on track.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't 'trash' talk greer and I don't want to get into another greer debate, there are enough of those.

But having read his book and listened to a couple dozen of interviews of his, regulary checked out his Web site and watched the entire disclosure project, I have to say he makes many very outlandish claims, particulary of late with his recent book and interviews about his book, without backing them up publicly.

I think you have the right to have faith in the guy and based on his great work with the DP assume he is being honest in what he says. It's okay to have 'faith' in a group or someone certainly.

But........... I also think other people who have done their research and are well read on Greer have the right to be extremely skeptical of many of his claims as well and by default his entire operation.

Setting up something like DP and meeting with high up people should certainly afford someone a lot of credit and by association credibility, but I don't think this should afford him the leeway to make wild claims without proof publicly and expect UFO Disclosurists like us to blindly follow him and believe everything he says. You could argue he doesn't care about the average UFO person and only focusses his energies and proof on higher level people. If that's the case, good for him, but don't expect the little people to believe anything he does until another grand event like DP comes along.

So while I think the work he's done is great and I enjoy listening to his talks, I think it's important to be skeptical and not believe everything someone says. This is particulary true in the UFO world where people get away with crazy exagerations or lies and many in the community will believe anything anyone says based on words from someone seeming to be 'credible'. This is often true in many circles of beliefs from the new age world, to die hard conservatives or muslim extremists, you can get away with making claims within your niche and yes people will go along with it. Could you imagine Greer going before Congress outside of his new age niche and saying, "Yes Congressmen, as I said, I was 18 when I levitated, you'll just have to trust me on this........."

Greer has a bad habbit of speaking as though things are 'Fact'. I personally am always very skeptical with this 'tone'. Like only 'he' has the all the answers when often these answers are likely only based on talking with another human, and as we all know, human's aren't exactly perfect.

When someone is constantly talking about such an incredibly complicated and confusing messy topic as UFO's with very wild claims that are often not backed up with evidence other than the occassional corroboration of someone and making assertions out to be 'facts', as if there is no shades of grey or the possibility that the info you got is incorrect, then I am skeptical.

If I was going to start my company, Greer would make a great guy to get the company off the ground, he networks like a mofo, gains people's trust and gets things done as evidenced by DP.

But he wouldn't be my public affairs officer or the CFO, because I get the feeling he is very guillable, is very eager to believe anything anyone with a certain amount of credibility tells him, and really lacks a huge amount of discretion....................

Getting a credible Celebrity to take on the issue would be great, perhaps a famous Military person or well respected journalists?? But if we are being realistic I think it would have be someone already in the community, or as I suggested previously, a committee of people with varying opinions on the matter that would hopefully balance each other out.

Stanton and Greer working together? Greer would get Stanton to be more progressive/political, Stanton would keep Greers guilability and lack of data in check, the odd couple?

[edit on 12-7-2007 by rocketsauce]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn

The government should take over it. There is no one else who can do this than the government. The government could use some of those people to help and according to some sources, they may have already begun doing that.

Are you serious? I almost can't believe I just read that. Bzzzzzzz

You guys act like if someone else was doing Dr Greer's job then disclosure wood *poof* happen! They don't need Dr Greer's office or position to make this happen. If someone can do 'something', then by God, they should 'do' it and not wait to be appointed by ATS to take over Dr Greer's 'position'.

The real problem (besides the government) is not the people that you are sitting around and waiting to do your disclosure work for you. The real problem is you and me and most everybody we know.

Stephen Bassett has been recorded on video interview available on the internet saying that the other real problem is the fact that the general population doesn't care about the ET issue, and that he would have more success in his lobbying efforts if more of the citzenry would particpate in writing their representatives and getting involved in a grassroots way.

We are where the responsibility for disclosure lies at this moment. And there is not anyone else that can replace the work that you and I need to do.

If you want to continue to armchair the UFO Disclosure Movement, go ahead. There are plenty of chips and beer at your local grocery store.

Otherwise, get involved and do something.

You can start by going to www.abovetopsecret.com...' On this post I have listed all the information you need to start contacting your Presidential candidates and representatives. We've got so many people on ATS, we could make a positive difference if we tried.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Personally, I think one of the greatest impediments to disclosure is the position that the government has painted themsleves into. Presuming that we have had alien contact or in the very least have managed to salvage alien technology I can only expect that 'government as usual' has transpired over the years. The scenario I suspect is that the govermnet enlisted defense contractors to analyse and reverse-engineer recovered technology. Any learning or technological breakthroughs thus acquired were undoubtedly given to 'preferred' companies to exploit. Very likely these companies had especially favorable political ties within the government. Exactly as things work today (think: Haliburton)

Now, let's assume we have disclosure. What about all the companies that were not allowed to have access to these technologies? Their competitors would have received incalculable advantages as a result of their political connections and government favoritism. This would open-up a massive pandora's box of lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Now, let's assume we have disclosure. What about all the companies that were not allowed to have access to these technologies? Their competitors would have received incalculable advantages as a result of their political connections and government favoritism. This would open-up a massive pandora's box of lawsuits.

I completely agree with you. The government will implicate guilt on themselves by dislcosing this truth. This is why they don't want to do it. But if enough of us demand it, they will do it.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Disclosure Project is a dead cow. Ask anyone without an interest in ufos what it is and they won’t have a clue.

Mention it to anyone who is interested in ufos and the response will most likely be- “You mean Steven Greer?”

I believe that is exactly what Greer wanted DP to mean to people. He has no interest in the subject, only the subjects who follow it. He knows there is an element of gullibility in hard-core ufo believers and such people are the easiest to deceive and prey on. You can tell them anything and they will believe it (just look at the remarks from his followers here at ATS). Not only that, they will pay you to tell them!

Greer created Disclosure for his own ends and Greer destroyed it leaving just enough of a non-functioning remnant that can still draw in donations – a feeble website where almost every link activates a means of handing over money. Go to the Disclosure web site and try and find the disclosed information that the Project has accumulated over the last 6 years. Look at the latest ‘revelation’, another jaw-droppingly dubious Roswell story that everyone has heard before! How many donated dollars and upgraded air flights did Greer consume getting that little piece of nothingness?

The Disclosure Project is a dead cow but flies and other parasites are still feeding off its carcass. When there is nothing left but dry bones the parasites will move on looking for nourishment elsewhere.

DP and Greer need to be shovelled into the waste-bin of embarrassing and shameful ufological high points and forgotten about!

We don't need a new DP leader, we need an entirely new enterprise.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by torsion]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. The government will implicate guilt on themselves by dislcosing this truth. This is why they don't want to do it. But if enough of us demand it, they will do it.

Basset has talked about giving 'amnesty' to any shadow gov people involved if they come forward about this topic regardless of thier involvement. I think this could be the way to go, although I'm not sure how that would actually be coordinated since the gov doesn't admit anything related to UFO's is real.

I agree about getting involved and about the average person's interest.

Most people I talk with are concerned with their daily life not with larger issues that sound crazy in the cultural environment they live. Even those people who I've gotten to believe that UFO's are real don't really care that much about the implications or bother to follow it, they are more concerned with what they have to do that weekend, which is probably a lot healthlier than worrying about this stuff!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The president must demand the disclousure of UFO, the first thing to do is to verify if there is any law above the law or something, that specificaly say that the UFO and extraterestrial life must be top secret, if there is no such law, then they must disclose all knowlege about ufo and ET.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketsauce

Basset has talked about giving 'amnesty' to any shadow gov people involved if they come forward about this topic regardless of thier involvement. I think this could be the way to go, although I'm not sure how that would actually be coordinated since the gov doesn't admit anything related to UFO's is real.

I agree about getting involved and about the average person's interest.

I agree with you, amnesty will be the only way that we will ever have full disclosure.

Corso's book has a really good explanation of why the secrecy was needed, and I think it was justified-Cold War, etc.

Now that the Cold War is over, it's time to move on to something better.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I'd be happy with anybody who has a good amount of charisma, a scientific background, and one who will apply logic, reason, and the scientific method to disclosure issues.

My moneys on ......Dan ackroyd !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join